Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

4 Eagles shot.........stupid is hard to fix

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/18/16586514-4-bald-eagles-found-shot-at-washington-state-lake?lite

this was done on purpose. its for spite or a warning , and omen or something. I not like No

2seaoat

I am just sad. I went 25 years without seeing an Eagle except in a zoo, and now I see them daily. They are a beautiful bird.......majestic animals, and to think a person just systematically shot the birds not for food......not even for ornament....simple cruelty.....that is very sad.

Bluebonnet

Makes me think of the sick person who jammed the screwdriver into the head of a dolphin some months back, or the morons who were shooting the skates near Deadman's Island.

Eagles are rambunctious birds. In Alaska I once asked someone why they were chaining down the lids of the dumpsters and they said it was because of the problems they had with eagles scavenging. Sure enough, I have seen them knock things over, dig through garbage cans and make a whole lot of racket...

Ben Franklin was no big fan of eagles. In a letter to his daughter in which he bemoaned the choice of the American Bald Eagle over the turkey as an icon:

"For my own part I wish the Bald Eagle had not been chosen the Representative of our Country. He is a Bird of bad moral Character. He does not get his Living honestly. You may have seen him perched on some dead Tree near the River, where, too lazy to fish for himself, he watches the Labour of the Fishing Hawk; and when that diligent Bird has at length taken a Fish, and is bearing it to his Nest for the Support of his Mate and young Ones, the Bald Eagle pursues him and takes it from him.

"With all this Injustice, he is never in good Case but like those among Men who live by Sharping & Robbing he is generally poor and often very lousy. Besides he is a rank Coward: The little King Bird not bigger than a Sparrow attacks him boldly and drives him out of the District. He is therefore by no means a proper Emblem for the brave and honest Cincinnati of America who have driven all the King birds from our Country...

"I am on this account not displeased that the Figure is not known as a Bald Eagle, but looks more like a Turkey. For the Truth the Turkey is in Comparison a much more respectable Bird, and withal a true original Native of America... He is besides, though a little vain & silly, a Bird of Courage, and would not hesitate to attack a Grenadier of the British Guards who should presume to invade his Farm Yard with a red Coat on."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum