Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

stupid has a price

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1stupid has a price Empty stupid has a price 8/27/2013, 11:13 am

2seaoat

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/measles-outbreak-tied-texas-megachurch-sickens-21-8C11009315

2stupid has a price Empty Re: stupid has a price 8/27/2013, 11:39 am

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:http://www.nbcnews.com/health/measles-outbreak-tied-texas-megachurch-sickens-21-8C11009315

Stupid is as stupid does . . . .

3stupid has a price Empty Re: stupid has a price 8/27/2013, 1:46 pm

Yeah, about as stupid as not buying new boat rope and losing a faithful ole boat to a mean river.

4stupid has a price Empty Re: stupid has a price 8/27/2013, 2:05 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

That two-bit bunko artist Kenneth Copeland has been on tv for as long as I can remember.

FORT WORTH – Onstage before thousands of believers weighed down by debt and economic insecurity, Kenneth and Gloria Copeland and their all-star lineup of “prosperity gospel” preachers delighted the crowd with anecdotes about the luxurious lives they had attained by following the Word of God.

Private airplanes and boats. A motorcycle sent by an anonymous supporter. Vacations in Hawaii and cruises in Alaska. Designer handbags. A ring of emeralds and diamonds.

“God knows where the money is, and he knows how to get the money to you,” preached Mrs. Copeland, dressed in a crisp pants ensemble like those worn by C.E.O.’s.

Even in an economic downturn, preachers in the “prosperity gospel” movement are drawing sizable, adoring audiences. Their message — that if you have sufficient faith in God and the Bible and donate generously, God will multiply your offerings a hundredfold — is reassuring to many in hard times.

The preachers barely acknowledged the recession, though they did say it was no excuse to curtail giving. “Fear will make you stingy,” Mr. Copeland said.

5stupid has a price Empty Re: stupid has a price 8/27/2013, 2:10 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Oral Roberts was the king of bunko when I was a kid...really sleazy guy.

6stupid has a price Empty Re: stupid has a price 8/27/2013, 2:15 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I have no sympathy for the marks. After that national scandal which showed the true colors of all these tv "preachers", only a retard would still be in that "flock".
They get what they deserve.

7stupid has a price Empty Re: stupid has a price 8/27/2013, 2:22 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Oral Roberts was the king of bunko when I was a kid...really sleazy guy.
from that story I linked...

Copeland is an airplane afficionado who got his start in ministry as a pilot for Oral Roberts.

He learned from the master.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum