Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question. Crane at Five Flags.

+3
Jake92
Yella
gulfbeachbandit
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Question.  Crane at Five Flags. Empty Question. Crane at Five Flags. 1/14/2013, 11:25 am

I drove by Five Flags Speedway and in their grassy parking lot to the south, there is a very large crane assembled. This thing is ginormous!

Anybody know what's happening with it?

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Yomama wrote:I drove by Five Flags Speedway and in their grassy parking lot to the south, there is a very large crane assembled. This thing is ginormous!

It's for getting large people in and out of their seats.
The government is installing them everywhere. Even in movie theaters and restaurants.

Yella

Yella

Yomama wrote:I drove by Five Flags Speedway and in their grassy parking lot to the south, there is a very large crane assembled. This thing is ginormous!

Its for a gay sky diving group that call themselves Five Fags over Florida

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

With undue respect, y'all are full of dookey.

Yomama wrote:With undue respect, y'all are full of dookey.

I read that it is the newest toy of Deep South Crane Rentals. It is so huge that it cannot be assembled on their own property at Mobile Hwy/Blue Angel Pkwy so they are training employees at Five Flags.

It's a big one all right, I have seen them weight testing some of their other large cranes there in the past.

Jake92

Ghost is correct. It's a new crane that's too big to assemble in their own yard, so they are using 5 Flags. There will be an open house on Jan 22nd to show off what it can do and to answer everybody's questions. There are also 19 tractor trailors there that are needed to transport it and stay within weight restrictions. It's supposed to weigh over 1 million pounds when it's on the road goiing to a job, and that does not include any of the booms or counter weights..

Jake92 wrote:Ghost is correct. It's a new crane that's too big to assemble in their own yard, so they are using 5 Flags. There will be an open house on Jan 22nd to show off what it can do and to answer everybody's questions. There are also 19 tractor trailors there that are needed to transport it and stay within weight restrictions. It's supposed to weigh over 1 million pounds when it's on the road goiing to a job, and that does not include any of the booms or counter weights..

I believe it. Are they gonna store the pieces on their "yard" at Deep South? My guess is that there's not enough room for it there.

Did they say what kind of lifting they plan to do with it?

Jake92

Maybe a VIP crossover from the stands to the pits at the track.. I have no idea what they plan on using it for, but I'm sure they didn't buy it to sit around.. They will have all of the info on Tue, the 22nd..

10Question.  Crane at Five Flags. Empty Re: Question. Crane at Five Flags. 1/15/2013, 11:44 pm

no stress

no stress

Terex 500 2 freakin monster!

11Question.  Crane at Five Flags. Empty Re: Question. Crane at Five Flags. 1/16/2013, 12:16 am

Might be for a major lift at Monsanto or the Paper mill or some big plant. Sometimes they exchange a large tank, boilerl ,or condensers as one unit. If they they are set back in the plant it takes a hell of crane to reach over ever thing and pick it up then move it out over all the stuff. There use to be a Sky Crane Helicopter that was out of Alabama that saw in action d a couple of times. But I am just guessing.

12Question.  Crane at Five Flags. Empty Re: Question. Crane at Five Flags. 1/16/2013, 12:24 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:Might be for a major lift at Monsanto or the Paper mill or some big plant. Sometimes they exchange a large tank, boilerl ,or condensers as one unit. If they they are set back in the plant it takes a hell of crane to reach over ever thing and pick it up then move it out over all the stuff. There use to be a Sky Crane Helicopter that was out of Alabama that saw in action d a couple of times. But I am just guessing.

It's for that new statue of quint that's going up downtown.. Very Happy

13Question.  Crane at Five Flags. Empty Re: Question. Crane at Five Flags. 1/16/2013, 12:26 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Lurch wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:Might be for a major lift at Monsanto or the Paper mill or some big plant. Sometimes they exchange a large tank, boilerl ,or condensers as one unit. If they they are set back in the plant it takes a hell of crane to reach over ever thing and pick it up then move it out over all the stuff. There use to be a Sky Crane Helicopter that was out of Alabama that saw in action d a couple of times. But I am just guessing.

Dammit....HG is going to want a front row seat.

14Question.  Crane at Five Flags. Empty Re: Question. Crane at Five Flags. 1/16/2013, 12:28 am

I'd be willing to bet that it is certified for lifts on a nuclear power plant.

15Question.  Crane at Five Flags. Empty Re: Question. Crane at Five Flags. 1/16/2013, 12:47 am

Joanimaroni wrote:
Lurch wrote:

Dammit....HG is going to want a front row seat.

LOL Ya got me on that one. You would need a crane that big if you had to lift his ego. ..... I might start making little statues and crosses of Saint Studer for the dash of your car..

Here's a photo I took a few minutes ago. Poor lighting, but you can't pick the weather.

Question.  Crane at Five Flags. Crane11

17Question.  Crane at Five Flags. Empty Re: Question. Crane at Five Flags. 1/22/2013, 11:27 am

Jake92

They are having a show and tell between 10:00 and 4:00 TODAY..

Jake92

I just got back from looking at the crane.. It will lift 60 tons 450 feet high.. It takes 19 tractor trailors to move it from site to site and cost just under $5,000,000.. They were giving rides to the top in a basket, had free food and drinks, and gave away a lot of hats and things like that.... They had a band from Memphis playing and they were pretty good....

boards of FL

boards of FL

No idea why it is there, but here is a picture someone took from the top of it yesterday morning.

https://i.imgur.com/PvzKXRv.jpg

boards of FL wrote:

No idea why it is there, but here is a picture someone took from the top of it yesterday morning.

https://i.imgur.com/PvzKXRv.jpg

Yep. That looks like Coach 'N Four at the bottom. Very nice.

2seaoat

They will need the crane to put the upper deck on Maritime Park, to help with Mr. Studer's office complex, to build the new Y, and to move the carrier into place......I heard they were going to have this great bungee jump from on top of the Amphitheater shell into the bay with the crane.....and next year the Pelican will be dropped in Maritime Park so the folks on the beach can enjoy......

LOL Broke ass CMPA could not even afford a picture of that crane. Studer might borrow some ladders from Pensacola hardware. When we rented a crane barge to lift 2 boats back in the water after Ivan it was 25,000 dollars a day. No rigging. I bet the rate for that bad boy might be close or more.

2seaoat

I use cranes a great deal. If you can contract to fill their dead time, actually they are very reasonable. However, it you need it now.......you are going to get knicked. I had a causeway collapse and lost two pieces of equipment....one with me in it, the other one I jumped clear, and they were there two hours later and saved my bacon....I paid a premium, but when I scheduled some box culverts weighing 20k a section, and gave them a month window to fill in their dead space.....amazingly lower bid. Most of your crane cost is in set up....the actual work by the crane is next to nothing....but set up is key to safety and they take their time.....and you pay, and they are not real quick with the knock down.

Jake92

They said 2 days max set up or take down, depending on how high or how heavy they have to lift.. They also said they make a 240 ton crane that's over $40 million.. That one is in the middle east right now.. I hope the taxpayers aren't paying for it..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum