Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Read this woman's story and see if you can see any unusual red flags......

+3
ZVUGKTUBM
Nekochan
TEOTWAWKI
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://money.cnn.com/2013/11/01/news/economy/food-stamps-families/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Nekochan

Nekochan

The first red flag is why the heck can't she feed four adults and a grandson on $800 a month!!!????

She pawned her wedding ban--is there mention of a husband?  

She has two daughters with children (one daughter pregnant) living with her-where are the fathers of these children?

Those other 3 adults in that house are getting free food, and you'd think they could find jobs of some kind and pool their money together to keep the house from being foreclosed on?

Rest assured the baby is getting WIC and the mothers are also. I don't know why this woman can't work a sit down job w/ emphysema? Why can't a new mother work? I worked when my children were born after 6 weeks.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:Rest assured the baby is getting WIC and the mothers are also. I don't know why this woman can't work a sit down job w/ emphysema? Why can't a new mother work? I worked when my children were born after 6 weeks.
Yep, I'm sure you're right about WIC.  

If they all just worked part time, they could pool their money to at least pay the mortgage and utilities.  

And they need to learn how to make $800 in food go farther.  Good grief.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Some people can't manage money, no matter how much or little of it they have. I have very little sympathy for folks who could make do on the resources they have access to, but who don't.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Poor thing....losing $44.00 a month.....they must be in a terrible situation. Image 4 adults in 1 household unable to work....what are the odds?

Sal

Sal

In an era of record setting corporate profits, where corporations are sitting on mountains of cash, rewarding executives with obscene bonuses, yet creating an anemic number of new jobs, to see middle-class Americans begrudging the poorz the few scraps that are tossed their way must make the corporatists smile.

A nation of Gunga Dins ...

2seaoat

Five billion cut in food stamps equals the sum total of all private donations for food pantry supplements. A family of four in America is going to see a loss of $36 food in the Month of November. It is amazing how folks always show a questionable case, but never give a real example of people who have to feed children with less this month. The entire food stamp program I believe costs this nation around 80 billion a year, less than the subsidy we give to the banks to large to fail for loan guarantees.

My farmer friends are making 350k a year and they get a government check for 40k a year......yes you heard that correctly 40k, and in one example, he has been pulling that check since 1996. We can all criticize this woman and her adult daughters, but 9,600 benefit to feed people is a quarter of what my friend is getting who own five million in land, and makes 350k a year........how as a nation have we become so unchristian like in support of greed and avarice at the expense of the poor:

Prov. 14:31 Anyone who oppresses the poor is insulting God who made them. To help the poor is to honor God.

Evil is easily defined.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I price match...and save about as much each month as this woman is losing.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Joanimaroni wrote:I price match...and save about as much each month as this woman is losing.
Since none of them are working,  they should have the time to clip coupons and price match.  I like Publix, which can be expensive, but there are many items that I won't buy there until they have them for buy one get one free.   If they shop carefully, look for specials, use coupons...a family of 4 should be able to feast on $800 a month.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Nekochan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:I price match...and save about as much each month as this woman is losing.
Since none of them are working,  they should have the time to clip coupons and price match.  I like Publix, which can be expensive, but there are many items that I won't buy there until they have them for buy one get one free.   If they shop carefully, look for specials, use coupons...a family of 4 should be able to feast on $800 a month.
No kidding!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Five billion cut in food stamps equals the sum total of all private donations for food pantry supplements.   A family of four in America is going to see a loss of $36 food in the Month of November.  It is amazing how folks always show a questionable case, but never give a real example of people who have to feed children with less this month.   The entire food stamp program I believe costs this nation around 80 billion a year, less than the subsidy we give to the banks to large to fail for loan guarantees.  

My farmer friends are making 350k a year and they get a government check for 40k a year......yes you heard that correctly 40k, and in one example, he has been pulling that check since 1996.   We can all criticize this woman and her adult daughters, but 9,600 benefit to feed people is a quarter of what my friend is getting who own five million in land, and makes 350k a year........how as a nation have we become so unchristian like in support of greed and avarice at the expense of the poor:

Prov. 14:31 Anyone who oppresses the poor is insulting God who made them. To help the poor is to honor God.

Evil is easily defined.
Seaoat, since nobody will comment on this post by you, I will. Thank you for sharing great wisdom in this post and on this forum. Your perspectives are very unique.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Can't blame the people they have been taught by the government that it alone is the all powerful giver of goodies. Charity is the governments job and they don't like you nosing in. God was pushed out and government pushed in....so lick the spoon and wait till the next government deposit....

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Five billion cut in food stamps equals the sum total of all private donations for food pantry supplements.   A family of four in America is going to see a loss of $36 food in the Month of November.  It is amazing how folks always show a questionable case, but never give a real example of people who have to feed children with less this month.   The entire food stamp program I believe costs this nation around 80 billion a year, less than the subsidy we give to the banks to large to fail for loan guarantees.  

My farmer friends are making 350k a year and they get a government check for 40k a year......yes you heard that correctly 40k, and in one example, he has been pulling that check since 1996.   We can all criticize this woman and her adult daughters, but 9,600 benefit to feed people is a quarter of what my friend is getting who own five million in land, and makes 350k a year........how as a nation have we become so unchristian like in support of greed and avarice at the expense of the poor:

Evil is easily defined.
Yes it is, as is sloth.

For some reason, far left Progressives wish to believe that God intended for people to be lazy and leech off others. They are so sadly, but typically, misinformed.

Holy Bible / New Testament / Thessalonians / 3

3:1 Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:

3:2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

3:3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.

3:4 And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you.

3:5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

3:7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;

3:8 Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:

3:9 Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.

3:10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

3:11 For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.

3:12 Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.

3:13 But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.

3:14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.

3:15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

3:16 Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.

3:17 The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write.

3:18 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Oh give me a break w/ this bible bullshit! You people are about as close to God as vermin is on a rat.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:Oh give me a break w/ this bible bullshit! You people are about as close to God as vermin is on a rat.
Thanks Vermin is real close to a rat....

I'm sure vermin is close to God,don't ya think? He's full of it.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:I'm sure vermin is close to God,don't ya think? He's full of it.
Make you feel big ridiculing others beliefs ? You are a liberal progressive so I guess that is the only thing you can piss on and stay politically correct.

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:Oh give me a break w/ this bible bullshit! You people are about as close to God as vermin is on a rat.
Take it up with your good friend 2seaoat!

And God bless you too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum