Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

COMING SOON WITH OBAMACARE! Like Great Britain, SECRET DEATH PANELS!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

COMING SOON WITH OBAMACARE! Like Great Britain, SECRET DEATH PANELS!

Half of those on Liverpool Care Pathway never told

Almost half of dying patients placed on the controversial Liverpool Care Pathway are never told that life-saving treatment has been withdrawn, a national audit has found.

By Laura Donnelly, Health Correspondent

9:00PM GMT 01 Dec 2012

The study suggests that in total, around 57,000 patients a year are dying in NHS hospitals without being told that efforts to keep them alive have been stopped.

It also reveals that thousands of dying patients have been left to suffer in pain, with no attempt to keep them comfortable while drugs were administered.

Jeremy Hunt, the Health Secretary, last night described the disclosures from records held by 178 NHS hospitals as "totally unacceptable".

He said the failure to consult patients would now be examined by an independent inquiry, which will also look at payments made to hospitals for meeting targets to place people on the pathway.

Each year around 130,000 patients are placed on the pathway.

Read more:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9716418/Half-of-those-on-Liverpool-Care-Pathway-never-told.html

Make no mistake, President Barack Hussein Obama and his top medical advisers LOVE the British health system.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The PATHWAY...love the image...

Yea though I walk through the valley of death.......

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:The PATHWAY...love the image...

Yea though I walk through the valley of death.......

You would thing they could have come up with a better name than Liverpool Pathway. Serenity Pathway...Blessed Pathway...Pathway to Heaven...Golden Bridge, like the story about pets....

Being left to die on your own is one thing, I think its in humane to be left to wither away without medication. Even people would put a bullet in a dogs head to stop the suffering.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Chrissy wrote:Being left to die on your own is one thing, I think its in humane to be left to wither away without medication. Even people would put a bullet in a dogs head to stop the suffering.

We do have hospice in the United States. I can't imagine patients being left to suffer in pain in any medical setting in our country, be it in a hospital, a nursing home or at home.

Markle, I think this is more of your anti-government health insurance propaganda. As usual, I have to wonder why you spread this stuff while you enjoy the benefits of Medicare.

PBulldog2 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:Being left to die on your own is one thing, I think its in humane to be left to wither away without medication. Even people would put a bullet in a dogs head to stop the suffering.

We do have hospice in the United States. I can't imagine patients being left to suffer in pain in any medical setting in our country, be it in a hospital, a nursing home or at home.

Markle, I think this is more of your anti-government health insurance propaganda. As usual, I have to wonder why you spread this stuff while you enjoy the benefits of Medicare.

Yes we do, now. Expect those services to become limited with time. Here is what hospice and home health services have to say about our current ACA.

http://www.nahc.org/media/mediaPR_021412.html

The Medicare home health benefit has already been cut by $77 billion over the next ten years and any further reductions would be devastating to ability of the providers of home health care to continue with the high quality – high value service they give. And with 10,000 members of the baby boomer generation reaching their 65th birthday every day for the next 19 years, the need for home health services will only increase.”
http://www.nahc.org/media/mediaPR_010413.html

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Chrissy wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

Yes we do, now. Expect those services to become limited with time. Here is what hospice and home health services have to say about our current ACA.

http://www.nahc.org/media/mediaPR_021412.html

The Medicare home health benefit has already been cut by $77 billion over the next ten years and any further reductions would be devastating to ability of the providers of home health care to continue with the high quality – high value service they give. And with 10,000 members of the baby boomer generation reaching their 65th birthday every day for the next 19 years, the need for home health services will only increase.”
http://www.nahc.org/media/mediaPR_010413.html

Wow. That is very telling. Thanks for the link!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum