Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ObamaCare's Idol, the National Health Service (of Great Britain): 13,000 died needlessly at 14 worst NHS trusts

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Who is Dr. Donald Berwick?

Donald M. Berwick (born 1946) is a former Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Prior to his work in the administration, he was President and Chief Executive Officer of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement[1] a not-for-profit organization helping to lead the improvement of health care throughout the world. On July 7, 2010, Barack Obama appointed Berwick to serve as the Administrator of CMS through a recess appointment. On December 2, 2011, he resigned because of heavy Republican opposition to his appointment and his potential inability to win a confirmation vote. On June 18, 2013, Berwick declared his candidacy for governor of Massachusetts.

Why is he relevant?  Because of his radical views shared by President Barack Hussein Obama.

Speech by Dr. Donald Berwick delivered on July 1, 2008:  The full text of speech,  A Transatlantic Review of the NHS at 60   , includes this beginning remark: "I am romantic about the NHS; I love it.  All I need to do to rediscover the romance is to look at health care in my own country."

Read more: http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Stories/2010/July/07/berwick-british-NHS-speech-transcript.aspx

From the Telegraph:

Sunday 14 July 2013

13,000 died needlessly at 14 worst NHS trusts

The needless deaths of thousands of NHS patients will be exposed in a report this week.

Laura Donnelly and Patrick Sawer

9:21PM BST 13 Jul 2013

The NHS’s medical director will spell out the failings of 14 trusts in England, which between them have been responsible for up to 13,000 “excess deaths” since 2005.

Prof Sir Bruce Keogh will describe how each hospital let its patients down badly through poor care, medical errors and failures of management, and will show that the scandal of Stafford Hospital, where up to 1,200 patients died needlessly, was not a one-off.

The report will also pile pressure on Labour over its handling of the NHS, with the Conservatives likely to seize on it to attack Andy Burnham, the shadow health secretary who was in charge of the NHS in England from June 2009 until May 2010.

The report, due to be published on Tuesday, will:

• Name 14 hospitals as having excess rates of death, with hundreds of patients dying needlessly at each of them since 2005;

• Severely criticise the worst hospital, Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, which had 1,600 more deaths than would have been expected in seven years – a higher death toll than that at Stafford;

• Show that the warning signs were there for managers and ministers to see, including alarming levels of infections, patients suffering from neglect and appalling blunders such as surgery performed on the wrong parts of bodies.

Read more:  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/heal-our-hospitals/10178296/13000-died-needlessly-at-14-worst-NHS-trusts.html

THIS, PLUS OBSCENE COSTS WE CANNOT AFFORD, is what Progressives believe are a wonderful change to our superior health care system.

Why is it that they demand we so greatly increase our costs and degrade our care?

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

So you think those sorts of incidents don't occur right here in the good, old USA? Wow....your lack of knowledge regarding health care provision in our country is alarming.

If you would spend as much time googling health care in the US as you do googling health care in the UK, you would be surprised at what you would learn.

Sheeesh......

you have to come to the understanding of how these progressives think.

its like this. better for everyone to have a crumb than a few to have the cookie.

its just that simple.

These people have been brainwashed into now mentality.

they have sold their own freedom for a ideal ology that is a fable in fairy tail books.

Markle

Markle

PBulldog2 wrote:So you think those sorts of incidents don't occur right here in the good, old USA? Wow....your lack of knowledge regarding health care provision in our country is alarming.

If you would spend as much time googling health care in the US as you do googling health care in the UK, you would be surprised at what you would learn.

Sheeesh......

These were over and above those fatalities normally occurring in hospitals of this size.

Try looking into the health care you so pine for you will be surprised at what you would learn!

Coming soon if we cannot fight off the massively failed and unsupportable ObamaCare.

The Liverpool Care Pathway to dignity in death

My grandfather’s lingering demise shows why we need protocols for palliative care

By Dr Max Pemberton
6:07PM GMT 13 Jan 2013

The Association for Palliative Medicine, which represents 1,000 doctors specializing in care for dying people, published new guidance last week and warned of a growing shortage of clinicians with expertise in the field. They also warned that inadequate monitoring of the use of the Liverpool Care Pathway (LCP) as well as wide variations in standards have helped sow confusion and fear among patients – and even among doctors.

What really shocked me was the claim by the head of the association, Dr. Bee Wee, who said she’d heard that, because of recent media reports about the LCP, some patients were now so afraid of being placed on the pathway that they were reluctant to be admitted to hospital to get the treatment they needed. This is a desperately sad situation and confirmed my worst fears about the fallout from the recent media horror stories.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/elderhealth/9796968/The-Liverpool-Care-Pathway-to-dignity-in-death.html

I think you meant the Heritage Foundation's idol.
Or, perhaps you meant Mitt Romney's idol.
The Health Care Mandate is a conservative/Republican idea from the '90s, remember? You are old, Markie Mark, so I will remind you......
When the Heritage Foundation said it, you agreed.
When Mitt Romney installed it in Massachusetts, you said, "Go Mitt!"
When the black guy said it, you said, "Oh No!!! All Wrong!!!!"
What a joke.
Thanks!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum