Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Australia Has to Add New Colors to Forecasting Map to Reflect Extreme Temps

+2
boards of FL
Sal
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

No doubt the deniers will claim that the US recording it's hottest year on record in 2012 by a full degree coupled with this insanity is nothing more than anecdotal evidence. After all, winter exists somewhere.

Australia's "dome of heat" has become so intense that the temperatures are rising off the charts – literally.

The Bureau of Meteorology's interactive weather forecasting chart has added new colours – deep purple and pink – to extend its previous temperature range that had been capped at 50 degrees.
The range now extends to 54 degrees – well above the all-time record temperature of 50.7 degrees reached on January 2, 1960 at Oodnadatta Airport in South Australia – and, perhaps worringly, the forecast outlook is starting to deploy the new colours.

Australia Has to Add New Colors to Forecasting Map to Reflect Extreme Temps Art-we10

"The scale has just been increased today and I would anticipate it is because the forecast coming from the bureau's model is showing temperatures in excess of 50 degrees," David Jones, head of the bureau's climate monitoring and prediction unit, said.

While recent days have seen Australian temperature maps displaying maximums ranging from 40 degrees to 48 degrees - depicted in the colour scheme as burnt orange to black – both Sunday and Monday are now showing regions likely to hit 50 degrees or more, coloured purple.

Clicking on the prediction for 5pm AEDT next Monday, a Tasmania-sized deep purple opens up over South Australia – implying 50 degrees or above.

Still, large parts of central Australia have limited monitoring, so the 50.7 degree record may be broken.

50.7ºC = 123.26ºF

"The air mass over the inland is still heating up - it hasn't peaked," Dr Jones said.

Australia's first six days of 2013 were all among the hottest 20 days on record in terms of average maximums, with January 7 and today likely to add to the list of peaks. That would make it four of the top 10 in a little over a week.

National record smashed

And the country has set a new national average maximum of 40.33 degrees on Monday, beating the previous record - set on December 21, 1972 - by a "sizeable margin" of 0.16 degrees, Dr Jones said, adding that the figures are preliminary.

"Today is actually shaping up to be hotter - and it could be a record by a similar margin," he said.

Another record to be smashed on Monday was Australia's mean temperature. The country averaged 32.23, easily eclipsing the previous record - set on December 21, 1972 - of 31.86 degrees. Just 0.13 degrees separated the previous four highest mean temperatures, underscoring how far above average the day was.

The scorching temperatures could last into the weekend and beyond, Dr Jones said, potentially breaking the country's all-time high of 50.7 degrees.

"The heat over central Australia is not going to go anywhere," he said, noting that the northern monsoon and southern cold fronts have all been weak recently.

"We know the air mass is hot enough to challenge the Oodnadatta record."

While the national data goes all the way back to 1910, the bureau views the figures are most reliable from about 1950.

Before today, six of the 20 hottest days in Australian records have been in 2013 - with that tally likely to rise to seven out of 20 by the day's end. Here are the rankings:

http://www.theage.com.au/environment/weather/temperatures-off-the-charts-as-australia-turns-deep-purple-20130108-2ce33.html#ixzz2HVnrawwa

The earth has been warming for about twelve thousand years since mile high glaciers nearly reached the mason dixon line.

Much of our success as a species is due to this warming trend... things don't grow well under ice. What temp do you wish for?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Sal wrote:No doubt the deniers will claim that the US recording it's hottest year on record in 2012 by a full degree coupled with this insanity is nothing more than anecdotal evidence. After all, winter exists somewhere.

Don't worry. They only crawl out from under their rocks whenever we have a reasonably cold day during the winter time.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Meanwhile, Alaska is getting colder.
Of course there is climate change. The cause(s) is what is in question.

I don't care what Anybody says.. You can't convince me that we're not helping global warming with the amounts of fuel we're using in this overpopulated world..

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:The cause(s) is what is in question.

Actually, that's not the case.

Despite the misinformation disseminated by deniers to the contrary, there is a scientific consensus that climate change is occurring and human activity is contributing to and accelerating it.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:The cause(s) is what is in question.

Actually, that's not the case.

Despite the misinformation disseminated by deniers to the contrary, there is a scientific consensus that climate change is occurring and human activity is contributing to and accelerating it.

And scientists said 40 years ago that we were entering an ice age.

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:

Far be it for me to argue over the meaning of a scientific consensus with an anti-science denialist.

Carry on.

The poles have spent the vast majority of earths history unfrozen... in fact there have only been aprox five "ice ages".

It's funny that you climate change idiots buy into a political scam and call it science... what temp is it supposed to be?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_glaciation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geologic_time_scale

Last edited by PkrBum on 1/9/2013, 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link)

yes, because it was cars and trucks that melted the last ice age and that mile high slab of ice that went from america to the artic. Rolling Eyes

You people will buy anything as long as some government jerkoff scientist says it.

Most people with a brain by now know that the climate on the earth changes, it always has and always will. The little piss ant shits that we are is nothing.

The worse thing we are doing to the earth is trying to stop the NATURAL climate change by putting shit in the air to cause cloud cover.

I sincerely beleive the poles are moving, hence why russia is getting frozen, russia will be the new artic if the poles dont continue to move.

btw, the poles moving is also a natural earth development.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Far be it for me to argue over the meaning of a scientific consensus with an anti-science denialist.

Carry on.

Sal, these global warming scientists get more funding every time they find evidence that global warming is caused by man. That's not me being anti-science.

Id like to add this to the reading requirment of this thread topic if anyone is interesting. I bumped into it when looking at something to do with those whales that are stuck in the ice.

8.2 Kiloyear event
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8.2_kiloyear_event

Its got some good info and a lot of branching out can give a pretty good learn. So much info on earth sciences thats fascinating.

no stress

no stress

Chrissy wrote:yes, because it was cars and trucks that melted the last ice age and that mile high slab of ice that went from america to the artic. Rolling Eyes

You people will buy anything as long as some government jerkoff scientist says it.

Most people with a brain by now know that the climate on the earth changes, it always has and always will. The little piss ant shits that we are is nothing.

The worse thing we are doing to the earth is trying to stop the NATURAL climate change by putting shit in the air to cause cloud cover.

I sincerely beleive the poles are moving, hence why russia is getting frozen, russia will be the new artic if the poles dont continue to move.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Chrissy wrote:yes, because it was cars and trucks that melted the last ice age and that mile high slab of ice that went from america to the artic. Rolling Eyes

Australia Has to Add New Colors to Forecasting Map to Reflect Extreme Temps Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiVb_FjSuoopitjsd9leiSM8urc_8OUZG_vDOgugJdhfHR2dBa

No! No! No!... The scientists of 12,000 years ago determined that the ice sheets were melting because of all the gigantic beasts that lived then. The methane gas they produced were causing the planet to heat up. Therefore the governments of that time period set out to exterminate all those mastodons, mammoths, megaloceros, megatheriums, glyptodons, etc...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cB1PDX5854

Smile

Damaged Eagle wrote:

Australia Has to Add New Colors to Forecasting Map to Reflect Extreme Temps Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiVb_FjSuoopitjsd9leiSM8urc_8OUZG_vDOgugJdhfHR2dBa

No! No! No!... The scientists of 12,000 years ago determined that the ice sheets were melting because of all the gigantic beasts that lived then. The methane gas they produced were causing the planet to heat up. Therefore the governments of that time period set out to exterminate all those mastodons, mammoths, megaloceros, megatheriums, glyptodons, etc...

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Chrissy wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Australia Has to Add New Colors to Forecasting Map to Reflect Extreme Temps Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXPfu4_TG3o-TXO_9XY28EXB6lmHcxadT-KahC8k-0HACCuB15

?????

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile

Sal

Sal

I see the whole posse has arrived ...

VectorMan

VectorMan

What would so-called climate skeptics have to say about these records?

One of them, Steven Goddard who maintains the blog “Real Science,” wrote that NOAA “inflated the 2012 record maximum number,” which was reported to be 3.2 degrees warmer than the average for the entire 20th century. How did they allegedly inflate this? “By adding new stations which didn’t exist during the hot years of the 1930s,” Goddard wrote.

“An apples to apples comparison uses only the same stations,” he continued. ”When that is done, 2012 doesn’t even crack the ten hottest years.”

Meteorologist Joe Bastardi (via Climate Depot) echoed these sentiments on Twitter the week before the numbers were formally released.

Australia Has to Add New Colors to Forecasting Map to Reflect Extreme Temps Joe-bastardi-twitter

Although the final numbers for global temperatures for 2012 from NOAA won’t be released until next week, according to the data, in the first 11 months of 2012, the world was on pace to have its eighth warmest year on record.

In the mean time, in other world global temperature news, on Tuesday the U.K.’s MET office scaled back forecasts for how much it predicted the world would warm by 2017. According to the BBC, it had previously predicted a rise in temperature by 0.54 C but a new computer model set it at 0.43 C. BBC noted the MET Office saying that the work is experimental though that that it will stand by the predictions it has made for the longer term.

If the newest computer model is correct, this means the average global temperature was static for about the last two decades, according to BBC. Here’s the MET’s response to this:

A Met Office spokesman said “this definitely doesn’t mean any cooling – there’s still a long-term trend of warming compared to the 50s, 60s or 70s.
“Our forecast is still for temperatures that will be close to the record levels of the past few years.
“And because the natural variability is based on cycles, those factors are bound to change the other way at some point.”
Still, there are some who believe the difference shown in this computer model could cause questioning of the accuracy of other models. According to the Daily Mail, Dr. David Whitehouse with the Global Warming Policy Foundation said that with no statistically significant change in global temperatures since 1998 would “pose fundamental problems for climate models.”

“If the latest Met Office prediction is correct, then it will prove to be a lesson in humility,” Whitehouse said, according to the Daily Mail.

Consensus? I don't think so. Well, maybe within the liberal media and their devoted sheeple. It's just another way for liberals to spend more of other people's money and spreading the wealth.

2seaoat

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/science/indicators/weather-climate/temperature.html

I am 61 years of age and experienced the 70s and early 80s when all the science folks were telling us we were heading for a second ice age because of the same carbon being dumped into the Atmosphere.....but in my life I have never seen anything like the last decade. The graph confirms my observations.......all the science folks can debate.....but I see real changes in weather impacting my life.....it has become warmer....period.....let the science folks argue...(there is no argument....we are getting warmer).

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/science/indicators/weather-climate/temperature.html

What percentage on mass do you think the sun consists of in our solar system?

A) 66.6%

B) 89.2%

C) 99.8%

The sun is getting?

A) larger and colder

B) smaller and further away

C) larger and hotter

Is the average temperature on earth warmer during the day or night?

A) huh?

B) day

C) night

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum