Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I don't get it. Must be a pot head thing.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Boulder residents hold vigil for elk killed by cop
January 07, 2013 14:33 GMT

BOULDER, Colo. (AP) -- Several hundred people turned out for a vigil in Boulder for an elk killed by a police officer.

Those honoring the animal on Sunday lit candles, sang and told stories.

The elk that had wandered the neighborhood was fatally shot by an on-duty Boulder police officer, who has been placed on leave. An off-duty officer suspected of helping by loading the carcass into a pickup is also on leave.

The Boulder Daily Camera (http://tinyurl.com/a8hucx6 ) reported that organizers wanted to give people an opportunity to grieve, celebrate and find closure.

Information from: Daily Camera, http://www.dailycamera.com/

Nekochan

Nekochan

“Tonight's a celebration, a celebration of the elk. We loved him. But I think he loved us, too, because he returned to this neighborhood.”

Crazy

we have a whole city full o' people like that. Ashland, OR. Seriously. Some of them smoke, and a lot of them don't! They're simply weird.
Visitors seem to like it there tho. Good Shakespeare theater. And a gorgeous park. Lithia Park. Y'all come and visit Smile

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Killing an elk just for wandering into a neighborhood is senseless....animals have a right to live and not be furry targets for trigger happy fools.

Nekochan

Nekochan

The Great Northwest is full of granola heads, God love them.

But those people thinking that the elk loved them is just crazy. Rolling Eyes

We have critters here. I love our little chipmunks. OK, I don't really "love" them, but I enjoy having them in our back yard. I even enjoy seeing the possums and raccoons that come by. I put out old bread and such for them sometimes (don't tell Joani!) I put seed out for the little chipmunks and they have made themselves a nice home in our back yard. They don't stay because they love me. They stay because they love the seed I put out for them, the rocks they make their homes under, and the relative safety of our yard.

Last edited by Nekochan on 1/7/2013, 11:27 am; edited 2 times in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Killing an elk just for wandering into a neighborhood is senseless....animals have a right to live and not be furry targets for trigger happy fools.

The cop shouldn't have killed the elk. But those people are nuts, holding a memorial service.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

If you bless your food isn't that a memorial service ?

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:If you bless your food isn't that a memorial service ?

I don't bless my food.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

certainly your choice to be unthankful . I would never deprive anyone of the right to be ungrateful.

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:certainly your choice to be unthankful . I would never deprive anyone of the right to be ungrateful.

I didn't say I'm unthankful...but I don't bless the food. I don't think that giving thanks to God for providing food, shelter, etc...is a memorial to the cows and chickens I eat.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Oh okay i was just ringing your dinner bell... Smile

Nekochan

Nekochan

I think that if you think wild animals love you and you feel a need to give a memorial to them when one dies or is killed...you shouldn't be eating meat. That's just my opinion, anyway.

I believe in being good caretakers of the critters and the environment. I believe you shouldn't kill animals just for the sake of killing. But I don't bless the chipmunks in my back yard if I find a dead one.

Last edited by Nekochan on 1/7/2013, 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Oh okay i was just ringing your dinner bell... Smile

Wink

I know, Teo. We've had discussions on here about some people valuing animal life over human life.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Completely off the subject, but here you go. I hope you can read this. Navy people and military vets---tell us what you think!

http://navytimes.va.newsmemory.com/eebrowser/frame/check.4700/flash/loadPage.php?token=3bXb3OLK487Un7bG5daUoJegh5WUn5WlmZJxdsDgw9vNy97BxJOewKack59ykaGTkp6UpIWYkKOXppiR

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

[quote="Ghandi"]Boulder residents hold vigil for elk killed by cop

Jerks. They wanted the meat. If they want to hunt, fine, but don't shoot down a partially-socialized wild animal in cold blood. Relocation would have been the answer. I hope they lose their jobs over this, and it's rare for me to wish that on anyone.

I don't think we know the whole story here. I wonder how long this elk has been wandering the streets? Months, years? Long enough that the elk somehow considered it home?

Nekochan

Nekochan

[quote="PBulldog2"]
Ghandi wrote:Boulder residents hold vigil for elk killed by cop

Jerks. They wanted the meat. If they want to hunt, fine, but don't shoot down a partially-socialized wild animal in cold blood. Relocation would have been the answer. I hope they lose their jobs over this, and it's rare for me to wish that on anyone.

I don't think we know the whole story here. I wonder how long this elk has been wandering the streets? Months, years? Long enough that the elk somehow considered it home?

The cops were wrong. I don't know if they should lose their jobs, but they shouldn't be running around shooting wildlife.

[quote="PBulldog2"]
Ghandi wrote:Boulder residents hold vigil for elk killed by cop

The elk had been spotted for several weeks on Mapleton Hill between 9th and 11th streets, and residents of the area gave conflicting reports as to whether it had behaved aggressively toward humans.

Numerous people living in the neighborhood insisted that it had not, that it appeared to be healthy, and said that they considered it their “guardian.” The elk had been a regular visitor for two years, they said.

“He was part of the neighborhood,” said resident Bobby Brown.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:Completely off the subject, but here you go. I hope you can read this. Navy people and military vets---tell us what you think!

http://navytimes.va.newsmemory.com/eebrowser/frame/check.4700/flash/loadPage.php?token=3bXb3OLK487Un7bG5daUoJegh5WUn5WlmZJxdsDgw9vNy97BxJOewKack59ykaGTkp6UpIWYkKOXppiR

Well did you ever see a man called horse...that's going too far...everything else? why not as long as nobody gets maimed or dies ?

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Completely off the subject, but here you go. I hope you can read this. Navy people and military vets---tell us what you think!

Well did you ever see a man called horse...that's going too far...everything else? why not as long as nobody gets maimed or dies ?

A man called horse...is that a movie? Haven't heard of it or seen it.

Of course there shouldn't be any real harm done to anyone...but they are entirely doing away with the term "induction"! A Navy tradition just gone. So sad.

Jake92

I have always considered a Chief an E-7 who has gone thru initiation. If they did NOT go thru the initiation, they were just an E-7..

jose balu wrote:we have a whole city full o' people like that. Ashland, OR. Seriously. Some of them smoke, and a lot of them don't! They're simply weird.
Visitors seem to like it there tho. Good Shakespeare theater. And a gorgeous park. Lithia Park. Y'all come and visit Smile

You live in Ashland?? You aren't kidding! I lived in Arcata, CA for a long time. Similar, but I have to say that Arcata is worse in my opinion. lol

I live near Ashland. You're right, Humboldt county is weird, too Smile lol

[quote="jose balu"]I live near Ashland. You're right, Humboldt county is weird, too Smile lol[/quote

It's the Capital of Weird, but Ashland is right behind Humboldt. Lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum