Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alabama vs Notre Dame

+3
Sal
boards of FL
2seaoat
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/4/2013, 11:17 am

2seaoat

I think Notre Dame has better academic standards and the gipper once graced them with inspirational speeches.........but I hate......no that is too strong of a word......I am irritated beyond belief by Notre Dame fans. As an Auburn fan I hate Alabama. I think people who say you support the state and when your team is not in the hunt support the other.......those people are from the planet Mars and should be summarily executed for simply being dumb aszzes.

So here is my proposition: The SEC has the biggest and fastest linemen on both sides of the ball in the nation, but the evolution of the game and particular the mobility of skill positions like QB is changing the sole reliance on beasts at the line. A team with smaller lines but more talent in skilled positions can beat the larger and faster linemen of their opponent.

Notre Dame wins..........

2Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/4/2013, 11:20 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Alabama will ground and pound to a victory.

3Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/4/2013, 11:24 am

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:

I've never seen anyone as consistently wrong about football.

cheers

4Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/4/2013, 11:28 am

2seaoat wrote:I think Notre Dame has better academic standards and the gipper once graced them with inspirational speeches.........but I hate......no that is too strong of a word......I am irritated beyond belief by Notre Dame fans. As an Auburn fan I hate Alabama. I think people who say you support the state and when your team is not in the hunt support the other.......those people are from the planet Mars and should be summarily executed for simply being dumb aszzes.

So here is my proposition: The SEC has the biggest and fastest linemen on both sides of the ball in the nation, but the evolution of the game and particular the mobility of skill positions like QB is changing the sole reliance on beasts at the line. A team with smaller lines but more talent in skilled positions can beat the larger and faster linemen of their opponent.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

That's nice.

Thank God you're a bitter gimpy old POS Auburn fan or I might be offended.

5Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/4/2013, 11:29 am

Sal wrote:
2seaoat wrote:

cheers

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

LOL. True that. But hey, he is after all, consistent.

6Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/4/2013, 11:42 am

2seaoat

Wrong......well yes.....we all have been that.......and I am certainly not consistent. A superior skilled position Louisville dominated a beasts at the line Florida. Florida was only one game from playing Alabama for the SEC title, and I think Florida and Georgia had better teams than Alabama.....and LSU.....how did that work out?

I cannot wait to a playoff system. The bias of polls has always punished honorable schools like Auburn, but padded schools like Michigan, Ohio State, and Alabama......the playoffs will once and for all start to correct the bias in this screwed up Championship series. I saw Notre Dame early in the year.....they sucked.....but they can beat the overrated Alabama team.

7Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/4/2013, 12:17 pm

I've also watched ND play several times this year and have thght they were the most mediocre team I've ever seen in the championship game... that they simply wouldn't be able to move the ball or stop AL... a total blowout. But the Georgia game surprised me... and the FL game surprised me... I'm much more interested in the game now. But I still don't give ND a chance.

8Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/4/2013, 12:34 pm

Sal

Sal

Florida's coaching staff's inept play calling put a nice chunk of change in my pocket and is buying my lunch at the Taco Bus this afternoon.

cheers

9Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/4/2013, 12:37 pm

2seaoat wrote:I've never seen anyone as consistently wrong about football.

Wrong......well yes.....we all have been that.......and I am certainly not consistent. A superior skilled position Louisville dominated a beasts at the line Florida. Florida was only one game from playing Alabama for the SEC title, and I think Florida and Georgia had better teams than Alabama.....and LSU.....how did that work out?

I cannot wait to a playoff system. The bias of polls has always punished honorable schools like Auburn, but padded schools like Michigan, Ohio State, and Alabama......the playoffs will once and for all start to correct the bias in this screwed up Championship series. I saw Notre Dame early in the year.....they sucked.....but they can beat the overrated Alabama team.

If they use the same ranking system to pick the top 4 for the playoffs, not a damn thing has been settled. I can guarantee you that there will be teams ranked below the top 4 with better records that will get slighted by this type of playoff format.

That being said, I still call an Alabama win in the BCS Championship Monday night. Barrett Jones will make mince-meat out of Manti Te'o. Jones is probably the best center in college football today and Te'o is a mediocre LB at best. One of the highest ranked teams they played all year was Oklahoma and they beat them like a red-haired step-child and a lowly Pitt team took them to triple overtime before finally losing. Te'o reminds me a lot of Dat Nguyen of Texas A&M a few years ago. A brute at the collegiate level, but was hardly ever mentioned in his 6 years with the Cowboys.

10Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/4/2013, 12:40 pm

2seaoat

Florida's coaching staff's inept play calling

Really? The game was won on the field by a clearly superior team. Sure, the coaches were tilted with getting in the faces of the refs and miserable third down calls.....but the best team won......and the coaching was just a miniscule part of why Florida lost.....but I am happy you are going to get your tacos because it was just another overrated and hyped team biting the dust and if you get a taco out of the deal....perfect.

11Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/4/2013, 12:46 pm

2seaoat

I can guarantee you that there will be teams ranked below the top 4 with better records that will get slighted by this type of playoff format.

Agreed, but when Auburn got skunked a few years ago at least now they would be the number 3 seed and have the opportunity to prove the polls wrong. Louisville really looked better than their record indicated, and a team like that which gets perhaps the 4th seed could win the Championship.

If there was a way to go to a eight team playoff, I think we would have a much better qualifier for the nation's best football team, but small steps. The bowl games just simply make it nearly impossible to expand the format, and the powers to be will never give up the bowl format.

12Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/4/2013, 12:59 pm

2seaoat wrote:I can guarantee you that there will be teams ranked below the top 4 with better records that will get slighted by this type of playoff format.

Agreed, but when Auburn got skunked a few years ago at least now they would be the number 3 seed and have the opportunity to prove the polls wrong. Louisville really looked better than their record indicated, and a team like that which gets perhaps the 4th seed could win the Championship.

If there was a way to go to a eight team playoff, I think we would have a much better qualifier for the nation's best football team, but small steps. The bowl games just simply make it nearly impossible to expand the format, and the powers to be will never give up the bowl format.

I am really for a playoff system but I do not see that it will prove a darn thing. As we all know just because a team wins a game on a particular given day does not mean that they are the best team in the country. If the #4 seed, does that mean they are the best. No, all it means is that they played better than their opponent on that day.

I think you need to stop living in the past when Auburn went undefeated got slighted. I understand that it is a bitter pill to swallow, but it is time to move on from the past. The Sooners were expected to do great things this year, but now look at them. I am not going to dwell on it, disapponed yes, allow it to consume me, HELL NO!

13Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/4/2013, 5:41 pm

2seaoat wrote:I've never seen anyone as consistently wrong about football.

Honorable schools like Auburn ROFLMAO LOLLOLOLOLOLOL.....

14Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/4/2013, 5:54 pm

2seaoat

Honorable schools like Auburn ROFLMAO LOLLOLOLOLOLOL.....

What Cam's dad was a good fellow.

15Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/4/2013, 5:56 pm

2seaoat wrote:Honorable schools like Auburn ROFLMAO LOLLOLOLOLOLOL.....

What Cam's dad was a good fellow.

You guys are always on the NCAA watch list...

16Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/4/2013, 8:01 pm

2seaoat

You guys are always on the NCAA watch list...

yep....they require you can read and write at Auburn....at Alabama if you can make an x on the signature line of the commitment......you are considered an Alabama Rhode Scholar......and never a word spoken.

17Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/4/2013, 8:35 pm

2seaoat wrote:You guys are always on the NCAA watch list...

yep....they require you can read and write at Auburn....at Alabama if you can make an x on the signature line of the commitment......you are considered an Alabama Rhode Scholar......and never a word spoken.

Now you are just being plain ridiculous or else very facetious.

18Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/4/2013, 8:52 pm

2seaoat

Now you are just being plain ridiculous or else very facetious.

We will have none of that......no seriously....look at the graduation rates of SEC football:

Below are the GSR numbers for the entire SEC:

Vanderbilt: 85 percent

LSU: 77

Alabama: 75

Florida: 75

Missouri: 73

Georgia: 69

Texas A&M: 69

Kentucky: 65

Auburn: 64

Mississippi State: 60

Ole Miss: 59

Tennessee: 58

Arkansas: 55

South Carolina: 55

Actually Alabama is doing better than Auburn.....I was not surprised by Vanderbilt, but I was a little surprised that LSU was so high. No Alabama should be proud of their graduation rate......and sadly Auburn needs a great deal of improvement when they are barely above Mississippi State.

I may have to temper my distaste for Notre Dame.....they are now the number 1 team in graduation rate at 97.......
http://chronicle.com/blogs/players/notre-dame-scores-a-first-no-1-in-football-and-in-graduating-its-players/31930

I have now had my day ruined.....I actually thought Auburn did a better job graduating folks than Alabama......but I never thought it was possible to put a competitive football program together and graduate 97 percent of your program.........I may be supporting Notre Dame not because I like them.....no because graduation is more important than all this nonsense, and this is a school that has their priorities right.

19Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/4/2013, 9:44 pm

I heard Auburn is going to hire Sandusky... they want a guy that can turn those boys around.

20Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/4/2013, 10:38 pm

Alabama’s Barrett Jones tops Capital One Academic All-America® Division I Football Team

http://www.cosida.com/news.aspx?id=3901

21Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/5/2013, 12:58 pm

2seaoat wrote:Now you are just being plain ridiculous or else very facetious.

We will have none of that......no seriously....look at the graduation rates of SEC football:

Below are the GSR numbers for the entire SEC:

Vanderbilt: 85 percent

LSU: 77

Alabama: 75

Florida: 75

Missouri: 73

Georgia: 69

Texas A&M: 69

Kentucky: 65

Auburn: 64

Mississippi State: 60

Ole Miss: 59

Tennessee: 58

Arkansas: 55

South Carolina: 55

Actually Alabama is doing better than Auburn.....I was not surprised by Vanderbilt, but I was a little surprised that LSU was so high. No Alabama should be proud of their graduation rate......and sadly Auburn needs a great deal of improvement when they are barely above Mississippi State.

I may have to temper my distaste for Notre Dame.....they are now the number 1 team in graduation rate at 97.......
http://chronicle.com/blogs/players/notre-dame-scores-a-first-no-1-in-football-and-in-graduating-its-players/31930

I have now had my day ruined.....I actually thought Auburn did a better job graduating folks than Alabama......but I never thought it was possible to put a competitive football program together and graduate 97 percent of your program.........I may be supporting Notre Dame not because I like them.....no because graduation is more important than all this nonsense, and this is a school that has their priorities right.

The graduation rates apply to all sports at the school, not just football.

22Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/5/2013, 1:41 pm

2seaoat

The graduation rates apply to all sports at the school, not just football.

That explains everything.....Auburn has always had such talented baseball players.....Bo Jackson and Frank Thomas.....that they do not graduate and skew the graduation rate downward.

23Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/5/2013, 6:16 pm

Ol Miss beats Pitt....soundly. And they did so in regulation....not 3 overtimes like it took the Irish.

No predictions, but I'm not worried about the game....I just want it over.

One of the Sports channels just interviewed a neighbor of Sabin's sister who swears he once healed her pet hamster, Tiger.

Enough already.

24Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/5/2013, 6:28 pm

W_T_M wrote:Ol Miss beats Pitt....soundly. And they did so in regulation....not 3 overtimes like it took the Irish.

No predictions, but I'm not worried about the game....I just want it over.

One of the Sports channels just interviewed a neighbor of Sabin's sister who swears he once healed her pet hamster, Tiger.

Enough already.

Yep Ole Miss spanked Pitt to the tune of 38-17 and during the regular season Alabama spanked Ole Miss 33-17

25Alabama vs Notre Dame Empty Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame 1/5/2013, 6:37 pm

2seaoat

Yep Ole Miss spanked Pitt to the tune of 38-17 and during the regular season Alabama spanked Ole Miss 33-17

There you have it.....I did see the Michigan State game and Notre Dame won by a good margin, but I would have given a 100 to 1 that they would never make the championship game, let alone finish their season undefeated with So. Cal on their schedule. Football teams have trends, and evidently they were improving as the year went on.....but they did not look good back in September. I like to blow smoke....but it is hard to get that Michigan State game out of my head.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum