Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1 out of 4 stopped. That's not bad.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

A 32-year-old Jacksonville man was killed Thursday while riding a bicycle on U.S. 1 near Ormond Beach, the Florida Highway Patrol reported.

The identity of the cyclist is not being released because authorities are in the process of notifying his family, troopers said.

According to troopers, the bicyclist was riding his Huffy bicycle north on U.S. 1 at 9:17 p.m. Thursday when he was hit by a vehicle.

The driver of the Chevy Silverado, Larry Dorava, 55, of Ormond Beach, pulled over onto the south shoulder of the road but three other unknown vehicles traveling southbound on U.S. 1 hit the cyclist as he lay on the road and did not stop. The three vehicles were last seen traveling south on U.S. 1., troopers said.

Investigating troopers said the cyclist was in the middle of the roadway wearing dark clothes with no lights seen on him or his bicycle. The road was wet due to a sprinkling rain.

Dorava was southbound on U.S. 1 in the right lane. The cyclist then entered the center of the southbound lane into path of Dorava, causing him to strike the cyclist from behind, troopers said.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I've read the report in your post twice and I don't understand the thread title.
What does "1 out of 4 stopped" mean and how does it relate to what's in your post?

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Bob wrote:I've read the report in your post twice and I don't understand the thread title.
What does "1 out of 4 stopped" mean and how does it relate to what's in your post?

4 vehicles hit the bicyclist. Only 1 stopped. The other 3 kept driving.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

That's terrible.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ghandi wrote:
Bob wrote:I've read the report in your post twice and I don't understand the thread title.

4 vehicles hit the bicyclist. Only 1 stopped. The other 3 kept driving.
Now I feel stupid for having to ask. My mind is not functioning well this morning. lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum