Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So "gay" is really a choice

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1So "gay" is really a choice Empty So "gay" is really a choice 12/24/2012, 8:28 pm

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/12/yes_gay_is_a_choice_get_over_it.html

Well, this ought to ruffle some feathers down at the Round-Up and other places.

2So "gay" is really a choice Empty Re: So "gay" is really a choice 12/25/2012, 5:24 am

PACEDOG#1 wrote:http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/12/yes_gay_is_a_choice_get_over_it.html

Well, this ought to ruffle some feathers down at the Round-Up and other places.

To start at the beginning of the article you posted, I'll quote then comment:

Unlike Angela McCaskill, who was nearly fired from Gallaudet University for signing a petition on gay marriage, Crystal Dixon of the University of Toledo was fired for writing an editorial in a local newspaper. She referred to Exodus and mentioned people who chose to leave the gay lifestyle.

Since this was the sum of what was written in the article regarding these two people and their positions, I can only infer that I disagree with their beliefs on the subjects which for which they were respectively nearly terminated. That being said, as much as I likely disagree with both of them I think it's awful that they were put in a position where they nearly lost their livelihoods because they stood up for what they believe in... Caveat: unless it was written into their employment contracts that they were not to do so and they did so in a work environment.

Moreover, a lot of times I saw people who were addicted to drugs and addicted to anonymous sex; the two compulsions were linked somehow, and there was no way for such people to quit their addiction without quitting their homosexuality. These folks often ended up on the AA circuit or joining a church and getting baptized.

Drug an alcohol addiction among the LGBT community often arises out of a deep-seated fear and shame rooted to their families and friends not being willing to accept their sexuality. Joining a church and/or getting baptized &c is a frequent and natural result of having joined AA or NA.

In short, it's time for gay rights activists to get off their high horses and let other people live.

Let me rephrase the above statement:

In short, it's time for anti-gay rights activists to get off their high horses and let other people live. ...Why in the word does anyone care who anyone else sleeps with???

Below are a couple of SCIENTIFIC articles -- as opposed to slanted political articles -- which demonstrate that being gay is NOT a choice:

http://www.nature.com/ng/journal/v11/n3/abs/ng1195-248.html

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/261/5119/321.long

NYT Article referencing scientific studies:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/10/health/10gene.html?pagewanted=1&_r=0&ei=5070&en=b8ee8ae30451c2e9&ex=1187236800

3So "gay" is really a choice Empty Re: So "gay" is really a choice 12/25/2012, 9:46 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What I'm having trouble understanding is why would someone want to post a thread like this on Christmas Eve. I was with friends celebrating Christmas last night. I can't imagine why anyone would use Christmas Eve to be obsessing about homosexuality and reading stuff like that. Although I can think of one reason why. lol

4So "gay" is really a choice Empty Re: So "gay" is really a choice 12/25/2012, 10:13 am

I have the choice to dye my hair brown too, but it really is grey. Razz

5So "gay" is really a choice Empty Re: So "gay" is really a choice 12/25/2012, 11:55 am

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:What I'm having trouble understanding is why would someone want to post a thread like this on Christmas Eve. I was with friends celebrating Christmas last night. I can't imagine why anyone would use Christmas Eve to be obsessing about homosexuality and reading stuff like that. Although I can think of one reason why. lol

Hate is a gigantic impetus. Pacedog is a hater. He gets off on it.
It is his problem.
He hates homosexuals.
What else does he hate on a fine Christmas Day?

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

6So "gay" is really a choice Empty Re: So "gay" is really a choice 12/25/2012, 12:05 pm

Yella wrote:
Bob wrote:What I'm having trouble understanding is why would someone want to post a thread like this on Christmas Eve. I was with friends celebrating Christmas last night. I can't imagine why anyone would use Christmas Eve to be obsessing about homosexuality and reading stuff like that. Although I can think of one reason why. lol

Hate is a gigantic impetus. Pacedog is a hater. He gets off on it.
It is his problem.
He hates homosexuals.
What else does he hate on a fine Christmas Day?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Was he born that way, or is it a choice...?

7So "gay" is really a choice Empty Re: So "gay" is really a choice 12/25/2012, 1:15 pm

Slicef18

Slicef18

Human wrote:I have the choice to dye my hair brown too, but it really is grey. Razz

If being gay is a choice, then being heterosexual must also be a choice.

8So "gay" is really a choice Empty Re: So "gay" is really a choice 12/25/2012, 1:50 pm

If it were purely genetic it seems like it would have died out or be deminishing in frequency. but like riceme said... it's really nobodies damn biz what willing people do. Unless you want to live in a theocracy or the like.

9So "gay" is really a choice Empty Re: So "gay" is really a choice 12/25/2012, 1:54 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Okay crawling around naked on each other and putting fingers and stuff in each other is bad, why ?

10So "gay" is really a choice Empty Re: So "gay" is really a choice 12/25/2012, 2:34 pm

Yella

Yella

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Okay crawling around naked on each other and putting fingers and stuff in each other is bad, why ?

Dunno, it's always been fun for me.

11So "gay" is really a choice Empty Re: So "gay" is really a choice 12/25/2012, 2:50 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yella wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Okay crawling around naked on each other and putting fingers and stuff in each other is bad, why ?

yeah it kinda makes me wonder myself sometimes...What is man? the mechanics of it are just kind of simple. People poke around , licking sucking cooing nibbling stroking, pinching pulling, squeezing smelling tasting. Seems kind of harmless. Are we more than just animals though ? The Bible says the bond between a man and a woman represent the bond between Christ and the church. That he loved her so much he died for her...where does the metaphor break down ? Interesting subject...

12So "gay" is really a choice Empty Re: So "gay" is really a choice 12/25/2012, 3:04 pm

I've thght lately that we even have a lot incommon with insects... maybe we took a little from the most successful species.

13So "gay" is really a choice Empty Re: So "gay" is really a choice 12/25/2012, 3:22 pm

Slicef18 wrote:
Human wrote:I have the choice to dye my hair brown too, but it really is grey. Razz

Hi mr Slice. Youre barking up the wrong lesbian.

I thought my first comment was right on.

Did people not get that? Neutral

14So "gay" is really a choice Empty Re: So "gay" is really a choice 12/25/2012, 3:48 pm

I thought the very same thing, Bob and because of it I almost didn't respond... but I just couldn't let it lie.

15So "gay" is really a choice Empty Re: So "gay" is really a choice 12/25/2012, 6:24 pm

Yella

Yella

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Yella wrote:

yeah it kinda makes me wonder myself sometimes...What is man? the mechanics of it are just kind of simple. People poke around , licking sucking cooing nibbling stroking, pinching pulling, squeezing smelling tasting. Seems kind of harmless. Are we more than just animals though ? The Bible says the bond between a man and a woman represent the bond between Christ and the church. That he loved her so much he died for her...where does the metaphor break down ? Interesting subject...

Of course we are just animals. But we are intelligent animals in that most of us, but not all of us, think before we react;whereas most nonhuman animals, but not all, react before thinking

16So "gay" is really a choice Empty Re: So "gay" is really a choice 12/25/2012, 6:43 pm

Slicef18

Slicef18

Human wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

I'm not sure of the relevance of hair color and sexual orientation.

17So "gay" is really a choice Empty Re: So "gay" is really a choice 12/25/2012, 6:45 pm

Slicef18 wrote:
Human wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

It simply means you can alter anything on the outer surface, it doesnt mean it represents what it really is though.

18So "gay" is really a choice Empty Re: So "gay" is really a choice 12/25/2012, 6:51 pm

Slicef18

Slicef18

Human wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
Human wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

It simply means you can alter anything on the outer surface, it doesnt mean it represents what it really is though.

Agreed!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum