Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good information about staying warm(caution Some bad words)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Terrible information.....I got a small inexpensive radiant heater with a fan which I use next to my lazy boy from Lowes, which allows me to keep the house temp cool, does not bulk me up with a stupid coat, and is less expensive than buying a damn coat.....for the next year. Wearing a coat in the house instead of getting a small space heater which she claims is a hoax.....idiocy.....oh, and the message she was trying to convey.....equally stupid.......and I did not have to use one foul or profane word to actually make a point.

It is called Humor, Satire. LOL Anything the Onion puts out is Bogus. Think "Mad" magazine.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I bought one of those fancy advertised infrared heaters that are supposed to be cheap and effective at heating your FEMA trailer....I like it pretty well but I haven't gotten my first electric bill yet since I started using it...We will see soon if it was all hype.... sunny

2seaoat

I use a 10 dollar small space heater under my desk, because I get easily chilled now, and have one next to my chair. I generally like the house as cold as an ice box and wear extra clothes, but these new small space heaters are amazing. We do have a little extra on our electric bill, but I am comfortable at the office and at home with the heaters and my natural gas bill has in fact been low since using both.

Sorry It was just a poor attempt at a little levity. I have just bought a Lasko Ceramic vertical heater. It works very well. On of my favourites the 2 bulb quartz infra red space heaters. My house is old and drafty . Space heaters are a must..

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I like my place between 65 and 68 degrees. I wear just my boxers most of the time when I am in so heat isn't really that important....

Go Commando pirat

I just fire up the old Buck Stove in Hoover. I can heat the whole house with it.

Last night, here in P'cola, I fired up the chimnea and had it roaring. It's the kind that has a screen all the way around... not just a hole in front. You get a great bed of coals glowing in that thing and it'll have you moving your chair back.

Last night's fire...
Good information  about staying warm(caution Some bad words) D7k_0210

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I bought one of those fancy advertised infrared heaters that are supposed to be cheap and effective at heating your FEMA trailer....I like it pretty well but I haven't gotten my first electric bill yet since I started using it...We will see soon if it was all hype.... sunny

Let me know what your electricity bill looks like once you get the first one, T. The only room in the house that I would like to be able to independently heat is the bathroom right before I take a shower. It is the coldest room in the house and there isn't a heater vent in there... even if I used my heater. I used one of those regular little space heaters at first last winter, but they were hell on the electric bill, so I just toughed it out.

hallmarkgrad wrote:Sorry It was just a poor attempt at a little levity. I have just bought a Lasko Ceramic vertical heater. It works very well. On of my favourites the 2 bulb quartz infra red space heaters. My house is old and drafty . Space heaters are a must..

Hey, I thought it was funny hg, but mostly because I DO wear a coat around my house if I get chilly instead of building a fire in the woodstove or turning on the heater. And yeah, I did recognize immediately that it was an Onion piece. Love them.

The woodstove in this house is SUPER efficient. In order to keep the flue clear of creosote, you have to build a fire that brings the flue to a certain temperature and my flue is about 22-ft, so that's a pretty hot fire in the firebox. The result is that it makes the house way too hot for me, especially upstairs where I sleep. And yeah, I do utilize ceiling fans and box fans to try to move the heat around the house, but it's still just too damned hot for me. So, wearing a jacket or a coat is fine for me and doesn't bother me at all, especially since I like it ~55-degrees inside.

I need to move my bedroom downstairs into the side room which is a nice, cool room, but need to import some muscle in order to do so... and you all may recall how freakishly private and hermitty I am, and that only two people have ever been to this home of mine. It's an issue, I know. I'm working on it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum