Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

War is good for nothing...this is a heartbreaking story with NO words...

+3
Nekochan
knothead
TEOTWAWKI
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

https://hdmunn.wordpress.com/2012/09/26/have-you-ever-read-a-story-with-no-words/

War is good for nothing...this is a heartbreaking story with NO words... St211

Here ya go Teo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01-2pNCZiNk

knothead

knothead

Will we never learn?

Nekochan

Nekochan

More on the young man, Taylor Morris. It's difficult to not feel sympathy for Taylor, but he doesn't want sympathy.

http://globegazette.com/news/iowa/quadruple-amputee-sailor-i-chose-this-path-i-m-doing/article_5b2dd952-aba3-11e1-bac5-001a4bcf887a.html

We must never forgot the young people who have sacrificed so much.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:More on the young man, Taylor Morris. It's difficult to not feel sympathy for Taylor, but he doesn't want sympathy.

http://globegazette.com/news/iowa/quadruple-amputee-sailor-i-chose-this-path-i-m-doing/article_5b2dd952-aba3-11e1-bac5-001a4bcf887a.html

Yes and the very best way to remember them is to keep them out of these chicken shit wars for profit !

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Nekochan wrote:More on the young man, Taylor Morris. It's difficult to not feel sympathy for Taylor, but he doesn't want sympathy.

Yes and the very best way to remember them is to keep them out of these chicken shit wars for profit !

Well, A lot of those who are fighting believe that they're fighting for a purpose.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Here ya go Teo!

Thanks...Really know how to get a guys blood boiling.....I never thought I would become a peace freak...but I am well past that. I am think all those guys up in Washington should send their brats into the hottest places of whatever war de jour and they should only be allowed in as enlisted ...

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Here ya go Teo!

Thanks...Really know how to get a guys blood boiling.....I never thought I would become a peace freak...but I am well past that. I am think all those guys up in Washington should send their brats into the hottest places of whatever war de jour and they should only be allowed in as enlisted ...

Sorry didn't mean to upset you I just thought that song was appropiate for your thread title......................

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Well, A lot of those who are fighting believe that they're fighting for a purpose.

Deluded, trusting a system who's leaders say things like....
<blockquote>
<blockquote>

"Military men
are just dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy."
</blockquote>

SOURCE:

Henry Kissinger, quoted in "Kiss
the Boys Goodbye: How the United States Betrayed Its Own POW's in
Vietnam"

War is good for nothing...this is a heartbreaking story with NO words... Burned_soldier-bush_jokes

</blockquote>

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 10/9/2012, 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Deluding yourself makes it easier to suffer the losses.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Or how about this GEM ?....

<blockquote>
“Education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework, and you make an
effort to be smart ... you can do well. If you don't, YOU GET STUCK IN IRAQ.”

Senator John Kerry

</blockquote>

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 10/9/2012, 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

<blockquote>
<blockquote>

"Military men
</blockquote>

SOURCE:

Vietnam"

War is good for nothing...this is a heartbreaking story with NO words... Burned_soldier-bush_jokes

</blockquote>

Perhaps Taylor doesn't have the same beliefs on the matter as you do? Maybe he would be called "dumb" or "deluded" by many. Does that make his sacrifice less worthy of respect? I really don't know his feeling about the wars, I just know he said that he doesn't want sympathy and I don't think that's why he's allowed the photos to be put out there.

The last thing I would say to a wounded war vet is that he fought for nothing. Even if I felt that way.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

<blockquote>
<blockquote>

"Military men
</blockquote>

SOURCE:

Vietnam"

</blockquote>

Perhaps Taylor doesn't have the same beliefs on the matter as you do? Maybe he would be called "dumb" or "deluded" by many. Does that make his sacrifice less worthy of respect? I really don't know his feeling about the wars, I just know he said that he doesn't want sympathy and I don't think that's why he's allowed the photos to be put out there.

The last thing I would say to a wounded war vet is that he fought for nothing. Even if I felt that way.

Why the f wouldn't you..58,000 of my generation died FOR NOTHING ! understand ? NOTHING !

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-483472

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 10/9/2012, 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

Because it would not be helpful or productive for them and their recovery, in my opinion.

I don't have a problem with people opposing wars or working to stop them. I don't like war either.

But this young man---if you knew that he disagreed with your thread title and your posts on here --would you remove this thread, or at least any links or references to him?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:Because it would not be helpful or productive for them and their recovery, in my opinion.

I don't have a problem with people opposing wars or working to stop them. I don't like war either.

But this young man---if you knew that he disagreed with your thread title and your posts on here --would you remove this thread, or at least any links or references to him?

No that would be dishonoring thousands of others that DIDN'T come home to a life of any kind...

Nekochan

Nekochan

If someone posted your photo and presented it to gain sympathy for their point of view, a view that you didn't share, what would your reaction be?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:If someone posted your photo and presented it to gain sympathy for their point of view, a view that you didn't share, what would your reaction be?

War is good for nothing...this is a heartbreaking story with NO words... 56110112

This is the face of a trusting fool that thought war was his duty. He went to a country that had not attacked America in anyway and manned the machines of death that slaughtered what one spotter plane relayed in one offensive as more bodies than he could count.

He didn't have clue what he was fighting for. He and his 2 buddies eagerly joined to fight each choosing a different service to show support and allegiance to all services. His marine buddy was a forward observer. A grenade destroyed his leg and now he hops around...his army buddy has basically lost his mind and lives in a slum with chickens running in and out of the house crapping all over everything...and the fool in the picture woke up and wants others to stop feeding the illusion that war is a duty.

Nekochan

Nekochan

A fool has a right to be a fool but who am I to use his image to promote my own point of view?

Teo, I know you served and I thank you and respect your service. I understand what you're doing but the first thought I had was: What if this guy doesn't agree with you and what if he wouldn't want his photos to be used to gain sympathy for beliefs that he doesn't have?

I guess I have a protective kind of feeling towards men like Taylor Morris. But he doesn't want to be pitied or protected or anything by me or anyone. And his pictures are out there for anyone to do with them what they want.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:A fool has a right to be a fool but who am I to use his image to promote my own point of view?

Teo, I know you served and I thank you and respect your service. I understand what you're doing but the first thought I had was: What if this guy doesn't agree with you and what if he wouldn't want his photos to be used to gain sympathy for beliefs that he doesn't have?

I guess I have a protective kind of feeling towards men like Taylor Morris. But he doesn't want to be pitied or protected or anything by me or anyone. And his pictures are out there for anyone to do with them what they want.

Then why the hell don't people "MOTHERS" protect them with the F'in truth ? War is a Racket !

Yes he doesn't want pity...what about the guys that don't have a strong pretty wife to carry them upstairs !?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

This is posted at the end of the blog:

"About hdmunn
I'm interested in a lot of things: writing, photography, music (especially music), science, religion, politics. . . gardening, bar tending. I'll stop there. You may as know that I am staunchly "Independent" politically speaking. Not apt to change anytime soon. I supported Ron Paul throughout the GOP primary season. Now I'm supporting Gary Johnson, two-term Gov. of New Mexico, Libertarian, for President of the United States, 2012."

My absentee ballot arrived today. I have been on the fence the past few weeks concerning who I will vote for. I voted for Ron Paul in the GOP Primary last January. I will now vote for Gary Johnson in the November election. My mind is made up--this blog helped me in my decision.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Nekochan wrote:A fool has a right to be a fool but who am I to use his image to promote my own point of view?

Then why the hell don't people "MOTHERS" protect them with the F'in truth ? War is a Racket !

Yes he doesn't want pity...what about the guys that don't have a strong pretty wife to carry them upstairs !?

He's a lucky man in that respect and I don't just mean because he's crippled. ANY man is lucky to have a woman like that.

People's mothers? What?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

He's a lucky man in that respect and I don't just mean because he's crippled. ANY man is lucky to have a woman like that.

People's mothers? What?

LUCKY ? are you nuts ?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

CHORUS

now come on mothers throughout the land, pack your boys off to vietnam,
come on fathers don't hesitate, send your sons off before its too late,
be the first one on your block, to have your boy come home in a box

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

People's mothers? What?

LUCKY ? are you nuts ?

No, I'm not nuts. Anyone, crippled body or healthy body, who has a girlfriend/boyfriend or spouse to stand beside them no matter what--is lucky.

You are letting your sorrow about his injuries and your hatred of war do exactly what the man doesn't want--feel only sorrow for him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum