Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

UN resolution calls for Israeli nuclear transparency

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/12/04/276092/un-asks-israel-for-nuclear-transparency/

The UN passes a resolution, calling on the Israeli regime to quickly open its nuclear program to inspection and join the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) “without further delay.”

The 193-member UN General Assembly on Monday passed the resolution 174 to six with six abstentions, urging Tel Aviv to allow the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to have access to its nuclear facilities.

Only the US, Canada, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, and Palau voted against the resolution that reflects international concern about suspicious Israeli nuclear activities.

Israel, the only possessor of nuclear weapons in the Middle East, is widely known to have between 200 and 400 nuclear warheads.

Pakistan has nukes too

Sal

Sal

nochain wrote:Pakistan has nukes too

Pakistan isn't in the Middle East, it's in South Asia.

Sal wrote:
nochain wrote:Pakistan has nukes too

Pakistan isn't in the Middle East, it's in South Asia.

It is highly unlikely you understand the dynamics of the situation like this guy:

"Is Pakistan Middle Eastern or South Asian?
"South Asia? West Asia? The location and identities of Pakistan"
A talk by S. Akbar Zaidi (Karachi University)

*This event takes place tomorrow, September 14th (Monday)*

Co-Sponsored by the Department of Middle East and Asian Languages and Cultures

While Pakistan's geographical location has not shifted in the last 38 years, there has been a marked shift in terms of its identity and associations. In the past, what is now Pakistan was closer to, and more part of, the larger South Asian or "Indian subcontinental" identity, but it has now "corrected its direction" (apna qibla durust kar liya hai). In some ways, the Pakistani identities of the Muslim and the South Asian/Indian are competing identities, often mutually exclusive. A secular India with a Muslim minority would not wish for a stronger Muslim South Asian identity while a Muslim Pakistan may not want to belong to an idea or union, in which it would be marginalised and subservient to a power which it sees as its nemesis. With far greater Islamisation and with petro-dollars playing a critical role in Pakistan's political economy, in some ways, it would be fair to say that Pakistan has been excavated out of South Asia and replanted into a wider Islamic Middle East."

But you will always find something to disagree with.

Sal

Sal

nochain wrote:

It is highly unlikely you understand the dynamics of the situation like this guy:

Maybe not, but I understand simple geography ...

UN resolution calls for Israeli nuclear transparency 500px-Map_of_South_Asia

Did they move?

"Is Pakistan Middle Eastern or South Asian?
"South Asia? West Asia? The location and identities of Pakistan"
A talk by S. Akbar Zaidi (Karachi University)

*This event takes place tomorrow, September 14th (Monday)*

Co-Sponsored by the Department of Middle East and Asian Languages and Cultures

While Pakistan's geographical location has not shifted in the last 38 years, there has been a marked shift in terms of its identity and associations. In the past, what is now Pakistan was closer to, and more part of, the larger South Asian or "Indian subcontinental" identity, but it has now "corrected its direction" (apna qibla durust kar liya hai). In some ways, the Pakistani identities of the Muslim and the South Asian/Indian are competing identities, often mutually exclusive. A secular India with a Muslim minority would not wish for a stronger Muslim South Asian identity while a Muslim Pakistan may not want to belong to an idea or union, in which it would be marginalised and subservient to a power which it sees as its nemesis. With far greater Islamisation and with petro-dollars playing a critical role in Pakistan's political economy, in some ways, it would be fair to say that Pakistan has been excavated out of South Asia and replanted into a wider Islamic Middle East."

But you will always find something to disagree with.

I wasn't being disagreeable, nobrain. I was trying to offer a little assistance to the geographically challenged.

I'm glad you've enjoyed a productive morning of googling the internetz searching for someone who thinks Pakistan is in the Middle East.

Laughing

[quote="Sal"]
nochain wrote:

Apparently you can't read either.

I have been there SFB and worked with Pakistanis so things aren't as cut and dried as you ASSume. A map means little to the psyche of those turban heads.

Sal

Sal

nochain wrote:

I have been there SFB and worked with Pakistanis so things aren't as cut and dried as you ASSume. A map means little to the psyche of those turban heads.

Oh, I read quite well, nobrain.

And, I'm also capable of reading comprehension, which you seem to woefully lack.

You see, your link is to a discussion of where Pakistan fits philosophically or culturally in the world.

In a discussion about nuclear arms in a specific region, the region is defined geographically, not philosophically or culturally.

That concludes our lesson.

You're welcome.

Laughing

Sal wrote:
nochain wrote:

Oh, I read quite well, nobrain.

And, I'm also capable of reading comprehension, which you seem to woefully lack.

You see, your link is to a discussion of where Pakistan fits philosophically or culturally in the world.

In a discussion about nuclear arms in a specific region, the region is defined geographically, not philosophically or culturally.

That concludes our lesson.

You're welcome.

Laughing

LOL, do you have a mirror in every room? You just can't quite grasp the concept over the sound of how awesome you think you are. What a drone with a narrow world view and even more narrow comprehension of geopolitical dynamics. Carry on in your little world drone. You really ought to get out more, why don't you travel over to the Mideast, Southwest Asia, or South Asia - whichever "title" floats your boat and actually learn something.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Israel is nothing less than a nuclear rogue nation. They are nuclear proliferators, and took an active role in helping South Africa develop their own secret nukes in the 1980s. South Africa has since come clean and disarmed itself.

They have outrageously conducted secret aboveground nuclear tests--read about the 1979 Vela Incident, which was a secret Israeli aboveground nuclear test, conducted with assistance from South Africa.

Israel has done everything that Iran has only been accused of doing-in spades-and hypocritically has the nerve to call out Iran for its supposed nuclear program. Israel, in fact, wrote the book on how to become a secret nuclear power under everyone's noses, and get away with it. After they did it, India, Pakistan, North Korea, and South Africa followed Israel's example.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

You can read about Israel’s nuclear program in this well-written paper:

THE THIRD TEMPLE'S HOLY OF HOLIES:
ISRAEL'S NUCLEAR WEAPONS

Warner D. Farr, LTC, U.S. Army
The Counterproliferation Papers
Future Warfare Series No. 2
USAF Counterproliferation Center
Air War College
Air University