Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I want to talk about the browning of America

+2
KarlRove
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

I will be talking a great deal about the movie Lincoln in the next week. I am overwhelmed by emotion this evening. First, I saw the movie in North Aurora Illinois. I have seen so many movies in Gulf Breeze over the years and would like to share my observations.

In the late 70s when I worked with the Borg Warner Corporation there was a period I lived and worked in the State of Illinois. I went to movies in Illinois. My experience was very similar to going to a movie in Gulf Breeze. I saw people who looked like me, and talked like me. When I go to Gulf Breeze I see blonde hair, and often people as tall as I am. There are exceptions, but I mostly see white faces.

This evening I saw young people lined up to see all the hip movies that makes youth so exciting. I waited in line, and immediately looked over 100 people and nobody had light hair, and nobody was even close to my height. Clearly these young people were of Hispanic heritage and their skin was darker than mine, but as I listened to their conversations.....I could be in Gulf Breeze....just kids being kids....excited and youthful and Americanized as my children were at their age.

Now I arrived early thinking that Lincoln would be sold out, but as I wrapped around the lines to the doors of the Hip movies, with short brown skinned youthful exuberance, I entered an empty theater for lincoln a half hour before the start. I watched the next half hour as mostly white middle age and older folks like me streamed into the theater. It almost filled but it was a white older crowd which looked nothing like the throng of young people waiting in line to watch another vampire movie, or somebody getting taken........It was a stark contrast.

At the end of the movie, I have never seen a standing ovation in a theater....never.....I saw old white people cheering about the 13th amendment, and the beauty of this evening is the very folks who have enjoyed the sacrifices of so many..... simply did not attend this movie, and chose the American Dream of mindless hollywood pap being parceled out by the shovel full.....and at that moment I realized Lincoln's dreams and the divine intervention that allowed the realization of the same has been actualized.......and this epiphany came with $11 for a drink and popcorn.......only in America.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Racist.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:I will be talking a great deal about the movie Lincoln in the next week. I am overwhelmed by emotion this evening. First, I saw the movie in North Aurora Illinois. I have seen so many movies in Gulf Breeze over the years and would like to share my observations.

In the late 70s when I worked with the Borg Warner Corporation there was a period I lived and worked in the State of Illinois. I went to movies in Illinois. My experience was very similar to going to a movie in Gulf Breeze. I saw people who looked like me, and talked like me. When I go to Gulf Breeze I see blonde hair, and often people as tall as I am. There are exceptions, but I mostly see white faces.

This evening I saw young people lined up to see all the hip movies that makes youth so exciting. I waited in line, and immediately looked over 100 people and nobody had light hair, and nobody was even close to my height. Clearly these young people were of Hispanic heritage and their skin was darker than mine, but as I listened to their conversations.....I could be in Gulf Breeze....just kids being kids....excited and youthful and Americanized as my children were at their age.

Now I arrived early thinking that Lincoln would be sold out, but as I wrapped around the lines to the doors of the Hip movies, with short brown skinned youthful exuberance, I entered an empty theater for lincoln a half hour before the start. I watched the next half hour as mostly white middle age and older folks like me streamed into the theater. It almost filled but it was a white older crowd which looked nothing like the throng of young people waiting in line to watch another vampire movie, or somebody getting taken........It was a stark contrast.

At the end of the movie, I have never seen a standing ovation in a theater....never.....I saw old white people cheering about the 13th amendment, and the beauty of this evening is the very folks who have enjoyed the sacrifices of so many..... simply did not attend this movie, and chose the American Dream of mindless hollywood pap being parceled out by the shovel full.....and at that moment I realized Lincoln's dreams and the divine intervention that allowed the realization of the same has been actualized.......and this epiphany came with $11 for a drink and popcorn.......only in America.

You're gonna have to refine your message here a little bit, dude.

'Cause it sounds like you're saying browns have achieved the same rights as whites even though they're less intelligent and sophisticated.

That's prolly not where you were going with this, but that's kinda the way it reads.

2seaoat

Never admitted being anything else.....just trying with the time I have left to make things right......this movie took me a long way in understanding the moral choices we each face, it is no less difficult than it was in 1865.....but at least the conversation was honest, and the stark reality of the same was brilliantly displayed.....so yep, you have my number. I also think I have a problem being around a lot of short people.....I will work on that too with the time I have left.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Ghandi_is_my_bitch wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I will be talking a great deal about the movie Lincoln in the next week. I am overwhelmed by emotion this evening. First, I saw the movie in North Aurora Illinois. I have seen so many movies in Gulf Breeze over the years and would like to share my observations.

'Cause it sounds like you're saying browns have achieved the same rights as whites even though they're less intelligent and sophisticated.

That's prolly not where you were going with this, but that's kinda the way it reads.

But it's true. Why is the jail population mostly brown when the general population outside the jail isn't?

2seaoat

Please allow me to be honest. I meant what I wrote. I am a racist. I was born into a family of racist. I spent most of my life being comfortable and being around people who looked like me and talked like me. If someone could not speak with the King's english......I looked down on them as less intelligent, and I saw poverty as a status earned by those not smart enough to make it in this society. Enlightenment does not come overnight. It is not without moral contradiction, fear, and yes......simple taught prejudice. It is not easy to take what you are taught by those you love, and so easily dispose of the same.......you are perceptive....you are wise.....I am flawed and perhaps I can never be anything more....but make fun of my simple child like beliefs, because like the prejudice I was taught, I believe I am wrong.....for now that is as good as it gets.

Sal

Sal

salinski wrote:

But it's true. Why is the jail population mostly brown when the general population outside the jail isn't?

Poverty and lack of opportunity, moron.

Poverty and lack of opportunity ...

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

salinski wrote:

They were not allowed public education?

They were not allowed to enlist in the military and use the GI bill?

Those are the two oppertunities that made me successful.

Exchange opportunity in your statement with ambition and you may be on the right track.

Sal

Sal

salinski wrote:
salinski wrote:

Exchange opportunity in your statement with ambition and you may be on the right track.

Public education and the military are to blame for your profound stupidity?

OK, I can accept that.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

salinski wrote:
salinski wrote:

Public education and the military are to blame for your profound stupidity?

OK, I can accept that.

Last straw! Personal attacks noted.

salinski wrote:

The only difference between you and the jail population,Ghandi is...you didn't get caught.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:[b]Enlightenment does not come overnight. It is not without moral contradiction, fear, and yes......simple taught prejudice. It is not easy to take what you are taught by those you love, and so easily dispose of the same.......

Taught prejudice is an injury inflicted.

It can be overcome.

I salute your recognition of that fact.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Kids all over the world line up to see Hollywood movies. The difference is that American kids are so loud. Were the kids in that line loud?

Why are American kids so loud?

salinski wrote:
salinski wrote:

Only you're not successful. You failed the human being track.

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:Kids all over the world line up to see Hollywood movies. The difference is that American kids are so loud. Were the kids in that line loud?

You're old.

You weren't loud when you were young?

Lighten up, Francis.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Nope, it's not my age. American kids are loud.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:
salinski wrote:

The only difference between you and the jail population,Ghandi is...you didn't get caught.

Any proof to back that up? Or just another personal attack without warrant?
I see why you didn't last very long as a cop. Or at any of the many jobs you say you had over the years.
Who would want you around? Ex husbands included.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:
salinski wrote:
salinski wrote:

Personal attack again. Very nice. I hope God forgives you.

salinski wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
salinski wrote:
salinski wrote:

Just the truth.

Sal

Sal

It's getting personal!

Someone call the WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE!!!!

pussy

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Ghandi_is_my_bitch wrote:It's getting personal!

pussy

No need.
I already called someone. Ex Navy buddy.

Sal

Sal

salinski wrote:

pussy

No need.

Needed a hug?

2seaoat

Kids all over the world line up to see Hollywood movies. The difference is that American kids are so loud. Were the kids in that line loud?

Loud, and I notice not able to contain their energy as they moved about and huddled in groups as they lined up with groups of boys looking over at groups of girls, and the clumsy young dates beginning their adult life. It seemed vibrant and young to me. I have a young heart, but the truth is I have not seen a movie in a theater this year. I guess my observations were from an old guy, yet I recognized that sexual energy, and anticipation of youth. Kids are kids......cultures may vary.....but kids are kids.

I simply cannot recommend something more than this movie. I saw Bob saw the movie and just posted without much comment, but he sure did get excited about a drunk pilot who flew a plane upside down....so much so that I am going to see that movie.....but I think I am going in the afternoon so I do not have to be around loud kids.....you know us geezers need to protected from youth....but I await with baited breadth Bob's assessment of the movie Lincoln.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:
salinski wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
salinski wrote:
salinski wrote:

Just the truth.

What truth?
You think I'm not sucessful and that makes it the truth?
Take another pill lady.

Last edited by salinski on 11/17/2012, 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

salinski wrote:

pussy

No need.

Needed a hug?

Nope. Just another number, and I got it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum