Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Greatest comeback in sports history? America wins the America's Cup 9 wins to 8 after being down 1 win to 8.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Greatest comeback in sports history? America wins the America's Cup 9 wins to 8 after being down 1 win to 8.

Not long ago all America Cup boats were single hulled with a maximum speed of about 15 mph. The winner gets the advantage of setting the specifications for boats for the next America's Cup competition. They have used catamaran's for several years. The catamarans are capable of, get this 45+ mph. They are incredibly expensive.

I have LOVED sailing since I was a teenager, I can't imagine 45 mph on a catamaran. They are so fast now the crews are required to wear helmets and body armor.

The Oracle was down 1 race to 8 for the New Zealand when the owner of the Oracle took the boat out of the water, changed some things, changed the strategist and several others on the crew. They then went out to wind eleven straight races. They were penalized 2 points because of an illegal change in the boat, during warm ups and still won 9-8.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/26/sports/oracle-completes-voyage-to-history-to-win-americas-cup.html?pagewanted=1&_r=0

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Great race.....but I still prefer a motor.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The CIA probably poisoned the Kiwis.

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:Great race.....but I still prefer a motor.
A motor...a motor...we don't need no stinkin' motor!

Crying or Very sad

A good friend of mine in Fort Lauderdale is the driver for the Oh Boy! Oberto, Miss Madison.  It flipped a few years ago and he broke his back among other injuries.  He now has an 8" rod in his back and won a National Championship.

Was this the motor boat you are talking about?

Greatest comeback in sports history?  America wins the America's Cup 9 wins to 8 after being down 1 win to 8. SteveDavidOhBoyOberto

Take a ride with my friend. I've never been this close either.

Last edited by Markle on 9/27/2013, 12:30 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Fussy....)

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:The CIA probably poisoned the Kiwis.
That's what I thought too.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Greatest comeback in sports history?  America wins the America's Cup 9 wins to 8 after being down 1 win to 8. Prospo12

Like this........ Buddy Davis with 2 - 225's

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:Greatest comeback in sports history?  America wins the America's Cup 9 wins to 8 after being down 1 win to 8. Prospo12

Like this........ Buddy Davis with 2 - 225's
A GIRL could come in off the street and drive that...Laughing 

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Boats and RVs = Black holes for money.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Boats and RVs = Black holes for money.
Amen.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Greatest comeback in sports history?  America wins the America's Cup 9 wins to 8 after being down 1 win to 8. 34758310

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Joanimaroni wrote:
Amen.
Hey I got a boat and an RV for sale anyone out there got a job and want to buy them...I accept food stamps...

Markle

Markle

The famous saying is all so true.

The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum