Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hell I thought there was going to be a doctor shortage

+2
othershoe1030
Watcher
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapsen/2012/10/23/so-much-for-obamacare-anxiety-record-number-want-to-become-doctors/

Another story about scott and perry in Oct. I think I see what their doing. Scott who ran a for profit hospital does not want to accept the medicaid, therefore putting public hospitals basically out of business. A set up for when he is voted out office and back into the for profit hospital business and gaining patients that normally would use a public hospital and are now on a subsidized health care plan using his for profit hospital. It's a conspiracy lol.

Watcher

Watcher

Rick Scott has been a veritable thorn in the side of all Floridians. I am still baffled as to why he won the governorship.

He's going to have to do something spectacular to get re-elected, the hardcore republicans I know said they would never vote for him again.

Watcher

Watcher

grimreaper1910 wrote:He's going to have to do something spectacular to get re-elected, the hardcore republicans I know said they would never vote for him again.

I certainly hope they won't vote for him again. Maybe they will wise up and take notice of their bad choices and clean up their act.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

When Scott got elected I thought it was a bad sign pointing to the possibility of buying an office if you could afford enough ads. Turns out that method didn't work on the national scene. What a relief.
So far most of the republicans are pretty tone deaf and are still trying to figure out what they did wrong.
I don't know what Scott could do to make people consider him for a second term.

Watcher

Watcher

othershoe1030 wrote:When Scott got elected I thought it was a bad sign pointing to the possibility of buying an office if you could afford enough ads. Turns out that method didn't work on the national scene. What a relief.
So far most of the republicans are pretty tone deaf and are still trying to figure out what they did wrong.

It's obvious that the first time he was elected, the voters did not take into consideration his criminal acts in the healthcare industry. I find it disturbing that this was overlooked and he was elected.

Watcher wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:When Scott got elected I thought it was a bad sign pointing to the possibility of buying an office if you could afford enough ads. Turns out that method didn't work on the national scene. What a relief.

It's obvious that the first time he was elected, the voters did not take into consideration his criminal acts in the healthcare industry. I find it disturbing that this was overlooked and he was elected.

I do too. They reelected Jesse Jackson for Christsake and another guy that took a bribe.

http://www.pnj.com/viewart/20121116/NEWS02/311160015/Medicaid-expansion-could-save-Florida-money

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

grimreaper1910 wrote:http://www.pnj.com/viewart/20121116/NEWS02/311160015/Medicaid-expansion-could-save-Florida-money

I doubt if the feds will sign off on Scott's boondoggle to privatize any part of the health care system. How could he pass up a deal like this, with the feds picking up the whole tab for three years and then 90% of the cost after that? I wouldn't want a for profit health care provider deciding anything for a patient. What a bad idea. Get the corporations out of health care. It shouldn't be a business looking for profits it should be a service looking to keep people healthy and that's not the same thing.

Here's a report about Scott taking the fifth amendment 75 times during a deposition. Why people would want a guy like this as their governor is beyond reason.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/rickscottdepositionfifth/2010/08/21/id/368068

knothead

knothead

Watcher wrote:Rick Scott has been a veritable thorn in the side of all Floridians. I am still baffled as to why he won the governorship.

Because Charlie Crist embraced President Obama for a nano second and got crucified, Remember? He was thereafter banished to wander among a barren political world.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

A doctor shortage would be great for this country. People would live longer and feel better without all that chemical crap they inject in them...it's been proven when there is a doctor strike that the death rate plummets to less than half it's normal doctor aided rate...

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

TEOTWAWKI wrote:A doctor shortage would be great for this country. People would live longer and feel better without all that chemical crap they inject in them...it's been proven when there is a doctor strike that the death rate plummets to less than half it's normal doctor aided rate...

Proof, please. I want to hear all about these doctor strikes. Who, what, when, where and why.

EDIT: OK, I've found a few articles online that indicate the death rate fell when Israeli doctors had a strike. I haven't been able to find any indication that this has ever happened in our country.

2seaoat

One example often cited is that of a month long strike by Los Angeles County physicians in 1976, during which the mortality rate for patients was seen to drop by 18 percent. But a 1979 study in the American Journal of Public Health showed that the overall area death rate remained unchanged, as enough personnel remained on duty to handle the real emergencies. Any seeming benefit to patients' health likely resulted from about 11,000 fewer operations (presumably elective) being performed that month than was typical, meaning that an estimated 50 to 150 patients who could have been expected to die didn't.
A four-month Israeli doctors' strike in 1983 was found to have some definable effects on public health - the percentage of cesarean sections increased somewhat, and one study suggested hypertension patients might have received worse treatment - but no observed impact on mortality. Nonetheless, the popular wisdom saw the work stoppage as a disaster: a detailed study of public perceptions afterward found that nearly one in four urgent-care patients (or their relatives) felt the strike had resulted in major health problems.
Another key example used to support the proposition that fewer doctors means fewer deaths comes from a June 2000 article in the British Medical Journal written during another Israeli strike; the author reported that in the three months after doctors walked out death rates fell significantly in affected cities. However, her data was by no means the result of a scientific study but consisted mostly of anecdotal reports from funeral home directors, who claimed they'd seen "the same thing in 1983." What is known is that, as in the LA strike, many thousands of elective surgeries were postponed but emergency rooms and chronic care departments remained open.
In 2003 a SARS outbreak closed four hospitals in Toronto, and all non-emergency services were suspended. Among other things, this led to the canceling of a quarter to a half of joint-replacement surgeries, 40 percent of cardiac surgeries, and as much as 93 percent of some outpatient procedures. The result? The greater Toronto area did see a slight dip in mortality rate relative to the prior two years, but so did the rest of Ontario, and the decrease wasn't statistically significant anyway.

SO USING THE LOGIC THAT PEOPLE DO BETTER WITHOUT DOCTORS JUST CANCEL ALL ELECTIVE SURGERIES AND IN FACT THE DEATH RATE WILL GO DOWN.....BUT HAVING HAD A LUNG AND TUMOR REMOVED.....GOING ON FIVE YEARS NOW.....I AM THANKFUL FOR MY ELECTIVE SURGERY.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

It was in England a few years back and as far as hospitals they kill more people by accident every day than any disease but I don't give a damn I have posted this stuff and backed it up a dozen times so do your own research I am done with all the stupid excuses you make for a bunch of inept hospitals. Fact is take your flu shots and suck down all the statins and steroids you can. Help the economy and rid us of the baby boomers you love to hate on.

I have to say that happened to my mother.Teo. She went in for a simple hernia surgery and they punctured her esophagus causing her to have sepsis.She was in intensive care for months.If it wasn't for my sisters standing round the clock guard she would have died again from errors. They monitored everything they did and gave her and there were quite a few mistakes. One sister has a medical background and knew what was going on. They discharged her to a rehab when her esophagus had a hole in it and she got sicker. It was a terrible experience in which they tried to say it was common for them to do that and it was the risk of the procedure.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yes I heard the refrain often about the mistakes they make.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum