Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buy guns and ammo......lots of it.

+3
ZVUGKTUBM
Hospital Bob
VectorMan
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Why is this in the politics section?

Lurch wrote:Why is this in the politics section?

Good question!!!!!!

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Here is 1,090,000 links to home invasions that have occured.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS323US334&q=home+invasions+in+northwest+florida

Hmm. Replacing "home invasions" with "struck by lightning" in your search above yields 8,870,000 links.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:

Hmm. Replacing "home invasions" with "struck by lightning" in your search above yields 8,870,000 links.
If there's a lightning storm, I take shelter.
If there are examples of home invasion, I have the means to protect myself from that too.
Seems like the sensible thing to me, especially when both are so easy to do.

2seaoat

I installed an eight camera security system and have two motion detectors on my property with two motion detecting lights. I think these systems send a clear message that "smile....you are on camera", but the truth is that the racoons, deer, and birds are driving me crazy on some nights as I am awakened only to see a buck with a full rack walking up my driveway.

I would much rather use a baseball bat, or my tire iron....but if I load and pull my gun.....I sadly know I will probably use the same...if you have ever hurt someone....even though you were in the right.....it is not a good feeling, and I really do not understand the pride so many have in talking about hurting someone.....once you have, you will realize what a terrible choice that moment will bring.

2seaoat wrote:I installed an eight camera security system and have two motion detectors on my property with two motion detecting lights. I think these systems send a clear message that "smile....you are on camera", but the truth is that the racoons, deer, and birds are driving me crazy on some nights as I am awakened only to see a buck with a full rack walking up my driveway.

I would much rather use a baseball bat, or my tire iron....but if I load and pull my gun.....I sadly know I will probably use the same...if you have ever hurt someone....even though you were in the right.....it is not a good feeling, and I really do not understand the pride so many have in talking about hurting someone.....once you have, you will realize what a terrible choice that moment will bring.

I don't believe it is a matter of pride in hurting someone as it is protecting yourself and your family. I take no pride in doing harm to anyone, but at the same time I will do whatever is necessary to protect myself and my family. A baseball bat is not much of an equalizer to someone that has a gun. I may still be hurt or killed by a home invader, but at least I will go down fighting.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:I installed an eight camera security system and have two motion detectors on my property with two motion detecting lights. I think these systems send a clear message that "smile....you are on camera", but the truth is that the racoons, deer, and birds are driving me crazy on some nights as I am awakened only to see a buck with a full rack walking up my driveway.

I have a piece of shrapnel from a Mark 81 GP bomb that was dropped by a USMC A-4 Sky Hawk fighter bomber over the Whiskey Impact Area at Camp Pendleton in 1980--the bomb missed the impact area and landed near where a bunch of Marines were positioned. Luckily, nobody got hurt. Someone gathered up all of the loose shrapnel, and I got a piece of it and put duct tape on one end so I had a handle. Any perp gets close enough to me with that thing in my hand, and his head will be split clean open.....

A question I have is why anyone would keep loaded weapons around their house when a small child lives there? It must be a redneck thing.... I remember my Dad once telling me a story from his childhood, where a neighborhood child was playing with a loaded weapon and accidentally killed another child with it. He would reiterate this story when talking about why he kept no loaded guns in our house when we were growing up.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

I have a piece of shrapnel from a Mark 81 GP bomb that was dropped by a USMC A-4 Sky Hawk fighter bomber over the Whiskey Impact Area at Camp Pendleton in 1980--the bomb missed the impact area and landed near where a bunch of Marines were positioned. Luckily, nobody got hurt. Someone gathered up all of the loose shrapnel, and I got a piece of it and put duct tape on one end so I had a handle. Any perp gets close enough to me with that thing in my hand, and his head will be split clean open.....

A question I have is why anyone would keep loaded weapons around their house when a small child lives there? It must be a redneck thing.... I remember my Dad once telling me a story from his childhood, where a neighborhood child was playing with a loaded weapon and accidentally killed another child with it. He would reiterate this story when talking about why he kept no loaded guns in our house when we were growing up.

There were weapons around my house for as long as I can remember. My parents taught, no preached, gun safety. Also under Florida law as well as several other states, the gun owner can be prosecuted if a minor is harmed or killed by a weapon that he had access to. I also kept guns around the house when my own kids were growing up and they knew better than to touch them and I never had a problem with any of my kids. My oldest son would go hunting with me from the time he was 7 years old and killed his first buck at 8. It isn't guns that hurt people, it is the ignorance of how to safely handle a gun by the handler.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:if you have ever hurt someone....even though you were in the right.....it is not a good feeling
But it would seem to me that if someone invades my home and tries to kill me and I have no weapon with which to fight back, that might even be a worse feeling wouldn't you think. lol

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

A question I have is why anyone would keep loaded weapons around their house when a small child lives there? It must be a redneck thing.... I remember my Dad once telling me a story from his childhood, where a neighborhood child was playing with a loaded weapon and accidentally killed another child with it. He would reiterate this story when talking about why he kept no loaded guns in our house when we were growing up.[/color]

Have safety precautions for the little ones and be able to answer whether or not you could defend your castle if need be.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Home invasions happen nearly every day in this country and most recently both counties have had such actions occur. You can choose to be a victim if you want. A cop cannot sit in everyone's driveway 24/7/365. Until then, I will arm up and use the Castle Doctrine to defend my home and family. I'm not alone in this mindset. You should have been out at the Quintette Gun Range Saturday. It was standing room only for all of the venues except the skeet range.

What are the odds that you will ever be a victim of a home invasion? Therefore there is no need to stockpile ammo unless you happen to be on of those crazy doomsday preppers. I have enough ammo for my weapons and it will do just fine for protecting my family and myself against petty criminals, however I am not about to go up against a well armed military, that would be completely insane.

There have been three just recently. That's the one's you HEAR about...

Get a copy of the latest American Riflemen magazine and read the PAGES of instances where a homeowner has had to defend themselves against a home invader or robber.

I see you are sidestepping the question. I don't care how many have been reported or how many go unreported, I ask what are the odds of YOU being a victim of a home invasion? Even if you are a victim, what is the need to stockpile so much ammo? I know you talk a big talk, but there is no way that you would go against a well armed military, unless you have a death wish.

The odds seem to go up every day. I won't have to make excuses why I wasn't ready when the time comes. Better to be prepared and not need it than to need it and not be prepared. Why do you prep for a hurricane? Same reason.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

The odds seem to go up every day. I won't have to make excuses why I wasn't ready when the time comes. Better to be prepared and not need it than to need it and not be prepared. Why do you prep for a hurricane? Same reason.

Quite honestly, I don't.

Anyhow, according to this link, 8000 home invasions occur DAILY.

http://www.kait8.com/story/16069329/how-to-protect-yourself-from-a-home-invasion

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Anyhow, according to this link, 8000 home invasions occur DAILY.

http://www.kait8.com/story/16069329/how-to-protect-yourself-from-a-home-invasion

That's not why you are advocating guns and ammo and we know it. You are changing your tune now since you were called out on the other thread about advocating a revolt against your Commander-in-Chief when you are in the reserves.

Dreamsglore wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Anyhow, according to this link, 8000 home invasions occur DAILY.

That's not why you are advocating guns and ammo and we know it. You are changing your tune now since you were called out on the other thread about advocating a revolt against your Commander-in-Chief when you are in the reserves.

Those gloves don't fit.

Sincerely,

Johnny Cochran

Bob wrote:That peashooter aint gonna cut it, boys. Obama's in league with 1.2 billion chinese commies and each one of em is gonna be packin one of these.

Buy guns and ammo......lots of it. - Page 2 Redneck_swiss_army_gun

You boys are gonna be lucky to hold Bayfront Parkway for five minutes. By the time Obama and the first wave of those commies hit Garden Street, it's gonna be like Little Big Horn all over again.

True but when they get north of 10 mile and east of escambia river they are gonna need back up lol!

irisheyes wrote:
Bob wrote:That peashooter aint gonna cut it, boys. Obama's in league with 1.2 billion chinese commies and each one of em is gonna be packin one of these.

You boys are gonna be lucky to hold Bayfront Parkway for five minutes. By the time Obama and the first wave of those commies hit Garden Street, it's gonna be like Little Big Horn all over again.

True but when they get north of 10 mile and east of escambia river they are gonna need back up lol!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hello GUNZ. Why the new handle....?

Your attraction to this thread and your other post mentioning K9 dogs sorta tipped your hand.

Welcome home....

no stress

no stress

W_T_M wrote:
irisheyes wrote:

Your attraction to this thread and your other post mentioning K9 dogs sorta tipped your hand.

Welcome home....

Hi WTM

Nope, still here under my same handle. Just enjoying my life....just had a great niece. She's beautiful.

Gunz wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
irisheyes wrote:

Welcome home....

Hi WTM

Nope, still here under my same handle. Just enjoying my life....just had a great niece. She's beautiful.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Awesome dude...!!!! My grandkids are such a joy. I regret that I can't see them every day, but now I look forward to the road trip.

in edit....

Just call me Bill or WT. I'm fine w/ both.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum