Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buy guns and ammo......lots of it.

+3
ZVUGKTUBM
Hospital Bob
VectorMan
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Yep, that is all.

VectorMan

VectorMan

I just bought one of these. It's pretty cool.

Buy guns and ammo......lots of it. HenryU.S.SurvivalAR-7
Henry U.S. Survival AR-7 - 22 Long Rifle

When disassembled, the pieces fit inside the impact-resistant, waterproof stock, which will float should it take a trip overboard. Assembly is as easy as attaching the receiver to the stock, inserting the barrel and screwing on the barrel nut. In just a few seconds, without the need for any tools, the Henry U.S. Survival AR-7 is ready for action.

The Henry U.S. Survival AR-7 comes standard with a sturdy steel barrel covered in tough ABS plastic and then coated with Teflon for complete protection against corrosion. Plus, it's engineered for perfect balance and the ability to maintain its tack-driving accuracy, even after thousands of rounds.

Like the barrel, the receiver is also coated with a layer of waterproof Teflon for superior weatherproofing, waterproof protection, even in harsh salt water environments. Plus, the updated receiver is grooved making it easy to top it off with your favorite optics. The Henry U.S.

Survival AR-7 is available in Black and Camo finishs. All models are equipped with an adjustable rear sight and a blade front sight

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Yep, that is all.

They have places for people like you,PD.

Dreamsglore wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Yep, that is all.

They have places for people like you,PD.

Yep, Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops, Academy Sporting Goods, Jay's Gun Shop, Mike's Gun Shop....yep lots of places for me. Every week, I buy more ammo for my collection.

VectorMan wrote:I just bought one of these. It's pretty cool.

When disassembled, the pieces fit inside the impact-resistant, waterproof stock, which will float should it take a trip overboard. Assembly is as easy as attaching the receiver to the stock, inserting the barrel and screwing on the barrel nut. In just a few seconds, without the need for any tools, the Henry U.S. Survival AR-7 is ready for action.

The Henry U.S. Survival AR-7 comes standard with a sturdy steel barrel covered in tough ABS plastic and then coated with Teflon for complete protection against corrosion. Plus, it's engineered for perfect balance and the ability to maintain its tack-driving accuracy, even after thousands of rounds.

Like the barrel, the receiver is also coated with a layer of waterproof Teflon for superior weatherproofing, waterproof protection, even in harsh salt water environments. Plus, the updated receiver is grooved making it easy to top it off with your favorite optics. The Henry U.S.

Survival AR-7 is available in Black and Camo finishs. All models are equipped with an adjustable rear sight and a blade front sight

I am not convinced of the lethality, against human targets mind you, of the .22 LR weapons. Against dogs and cats or other items that you may have to eat, sure, but against those who can rationally counter-attack, the .22 is not really my weapon of choice.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

That peashooter aint gonna cut it, boys. Obama's in league with 1.2 billion chinese commies and each one of em is gonna be packin one of these.

Buy guns and ammo......lots of it. Redneck_swiss_army_gun

You boys are gonna be lucky to hold Bayfront Parkway for five minutes. By the time Obama and the first wave of those commies hit Garden Street, it's gonna be like Little Big Horn all over again.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

I am not convinced of the lethality, against human targets [/b]mind you, of the .22 LR weapons. Against dogs and cats or other items that you may have to eat, sure, but against those who can rationally counter-attack, the .22 is not really my weapon of choice.

When do you suppose you are going to need to start killing people?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

I am not convinced of the lethality, against human targets [/b]mind you, of the .22 LR weapons. Against dogs and cats or other items that you may have to eat, sure, but against those who can rationally counter-attack, the .22 is not really my weapon of choice.

When do you suppose you are going to need to start killing people?

Home invasions happen nearly every day in this country and most recently both counties have had such actions occur. You can choose to be a victim if you want. A cop cannot sit in everyone's driveway 24/7/365. Until then, I will arm up and use the Castle Doctrine to defend my home and family. I'm not alone in this mindset. You should have been out at the Quintette Gun Range Saturday. It was standing room only for all of the venues except the skeet range.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Home invasions happen nearly every day in this country and most recently both counties have had such actions occur. You can choose to be a victim if you want. A cop cannot sit in everyone's driveway 24/7/365. Until then, I will arm up and use the Castle Doctrine to defend my home and family. I'm not alone in this mindset.
Oh hades, you and I are agreeing on something. But of course this means you're in agreement with a jackass so you might want to rethink this one. lol

Bob wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Home invasions happen nearly every day in this country and most recently both counties have had such actions occur. You can choose to be a victim if you want. A cop cannot sit in everyone's driveway 24/7/365. Until then, I will arm up and use the Castle Doctrine to defend my home and family. I'm not alone in this mindset.
Oh hades, you and I are agreeing on something. But of course this means you're in agreement with a jackass so you might want to rethink this one. lol

You aren't a jackass Bob.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Have you forgotten that's what you called me in a post yesterday? lol

Bob wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Have you forgotten that's what you called me in a post yesterday? lol

Really? Where?

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Home invasions happen nearly every day in this country and most recently both counties have had such actions occur. You can choose to be a victim if you want. A cop cannot sit in everyone's driveway 24/7/365. Until then, I will arm up and use the Castle Doctrine to defend my home and family. I'm not alone in this mindset. You should have been out at the Quintette Gun Range Saturday. It was standing room only for all of the venues except the skeet range.

What are the odds that you will ever be a victim of a home invasion? Therefore there is no need to stockpile ammo unless you happen to be on of those crazy doomsday preppers. I have enough ammo for my weapons and it will do just fine for protecting my family and myself against petty criminals, however I am not about to go up against a well armed military, that would be completely insane.

Sal

Sal

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:that would be completely insane.

I think you're on to something.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

What are the odds that you will ever be a victim of a home invasion? Therefore there is no need to stockpile ammo unless you happen to be on of those crazy doomsday preppers. I have enough ammo for my weapons and it will do just fine for protecting my family and myself against petty criminals, however I am not about to go up against a well armed military, that would be completely insane.

There have been three just recently. That's the one's you HEAR about...

Get a copy of the latest American Riflemen magazine and read the PAGES of instances where a homeowner has had to defend themselves against a home invader or robber.

2seaoat

What are the odds that you will ever be a victim of a home invasion?

I do not keep a loaded weapon in my house. By the time I awaken, load, verify, and shoot.....I will probably have already taken a round or felt a baseball bat up against my head. If I live my life preparing for a hurricane every day.....boarding up my windows, and stockpiling.....well I might be right eventually, but that is no way to go through life. However, if you believe in forecasting....weather.....or the true risk of your house being invaded....you can act accordingly. I have grandchildren running around and my guns will stay unloaded, and my shells are out of reach of the children, and that same delay in loading will in most home invasions at night when I am sleeping bring me little protection....however, if someone knocks on the door before they invade, and I do not like their looks....well yes, I will be armed and ready, but most home invaders do not give that type of notice, and this illusion that somehow we are all rambos.....well that usually gets your son in law shot as he comes over at midnight with a key not wanting to wake you picking up your chain saw from the garage for taking down a tree in the morning for a neighbor....if it was only as easy as some believe.

VectorMan

VectorMan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

I am not convinced of the lethality, against human targets mind you, of the .22 LR weapons. Against dogs and cats or other items that you may have to eat, sure, but against those who can rationally counter-attack, the .22 is not really my weapon of choice.

I just got it for fun. It'll works good for small game. I was a sniper in the Army, so I'm a pretty good shot and the AR7 is very accurate.

I have two .357 magnums that stay loaded at all times. One in the coffee table and one in the night stand. My neighborhood is "the hood".

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:

I do not keep a loaded weapon in my house. By the time I awaken, load, verify, and shoot.....I will probably have already taken a round or felt a baseball bat up against my head.
That's why you need a simple motion detecting alarm system to warn you when intruders come through the perimeter. That way when they bust the door down you'll already be alert with the gun in your hand and ready to defend your property and yourself.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Get a copy of the latest American Riflemen magazine and read the PAGES of instances where a homeowner has had to defend themselves against a home invader or robber.

I see you are sidestepping the question. I don't care how many have been reported or how many go unreported, I ask what are the odds of YOU being a victim of a home invasion? Even if you are a victim, what is the need to stockpile so much ammo? I know you talk a big talk, but there is no way that you would go against a well armed military, unless you have a death wish.

2seaoat wrote:What are the odds that you will ever be a victim of a home invasion?

Here is 1,090,000 links to home invasions that have occured.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS323US334&q=home+invasions+in+northwest+florida

I do prepare for hurricanes to the point of boarding up. All my items for hurricane prep on the outside of my house are located in my shed. All of the things to sustain life when there is no electricity etc are inside my house. I don't have to freak out and go haywire every June 30th. I am ready to go.

The same for my family's safety. Why have guns in your house that are not loaded? What's the point? The most you should have to do is rack a round into the chamber. Mine are like that because I have a small child in the house. If it were only adults, my Baretta 9mm would be of the same readiness as when I am deployed- weapon off safe, round in the chamber and ready to rock. I take nothing for granted. I will be prepared if and when it comes to it. If you have to fumble for your gun at the moment of crisis then you aren't prepared.

[quote="VectorMan"]
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
My neighborhood is "the hood".[/b]

Mine too....

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

I see you are sidestepping the question. I don't care how many have been reported or how many go unreported, I ask what are the odds of YOU being a victim of a home invasion? Even if you are a victim, what is the need to stockpile so much ammo? I know you talk a big talk, but there is no way that you would go against a well armed military, unless you have a death wish.

It's my RIGHT to buy as much ammo as I can tote home. Deal with it. Ammo will be a commodity during a crisis. It will be as valuable as gold and silver.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

It's my RIGHT to buy as much ammo as I can tote home. Deal with it. Ammo will be a commodity during a crisis. It will be as valuable as gold and silver.

I never said a word about your rights, but I do question your sanity on buying so much. Methinks if you didn't buy so much ammo your could use that money to move out of "da hood".

OK so there were 1,090,000 links to home invasions, now how many homes are in the United States. So many that the 1 million plus is like a raindrop in the ocean.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

I never said a word about your rights, but I do question your sanity on buying so much. Methinks if you didn't buy so much ammo your could use that money to move out of "da hood".

OK so there were 1,090,000 links to home invasions, now how many homes are in the United States. So many that the 1 million plus is like a raindrop in the ocean.

How much is your life worth?

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
How much is your life worth?

I do not put a value on human life, but at the same time I am not afraid of death and refuse to go through life running scared and having fear of something that does not even exists.

Yes I have weapons in my home for self defense and also have a CCWL.

I am currently in my 60's and have been told all my life that the apocalypse was imminent. As far as I'm concerned it is nothing more than scare tactics.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum