Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I Like Romney & Ryan - But

+5
Hospital Bob
PBulldog2
Floridatexan
Nekochan
Slicef18
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I Like Romney & Ryan - But Empty I Like Romney & Ryan - But 11/6/2012, 11:50 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

I like what Romney and Ryan say but, All we get is sound bites about what they'll do and no, zero, nada explanation how they plan on accomplishing these lofty goals. They sound too much like the Popeye burger eating character J. Wellington Wimpy who's refrain is "I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

2I Like Romney & Ryan - But Empty Re: I Like Romney & Ryan - But 11/6/2012, 11:54 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

So Mr Slice, what will you do?
I agree with you, we don't really know if/how Romney/Ryan will accomplish what they promise. And I don't know if they even can. But we know what we've had for 4 years.

3I Like Romney & Ryan - But Empty Re: I Like Romney & Ryan - But 11/6/2012, 12:13 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Nekochan wrote:So Mr Slice, what will you do?
I agree with you, we don't really know if/how Romney/Ryan will accomplish what they promise. And I don't know if they even can. But we know what we've had for 4 years.

Do you know what we had for the EIGHT LONG YEARS prior to 2009? Do you really want to go there again?

4I Like Romney & Ryan - But Empty Re: I Like Romney & Ryan - But 11/6/2012, 12:13 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Slicef18 wrote:I like what Romney and Ryan say but, All we get is sound bites about what they'll do and no, zero, nada explanation how they plan on accomplishing these lofty goals. They sound too much like the Popeye burger eating character J. Wellington Wimpy who's refrain is "I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

That's because THEY'RE LYING THROUGH THEIR TEETH.

5I Like Romney & Ryan - But Empty Re: I Like Romney & Ryan - But 11/6/2012, 12:15 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Well, that might work if Romney=Bush. But he doesn't.
However Obama does equal Obama. And we know how that's turned out.

6I Like Romney & Ryan - But Empty Re: I Like Romney & Ryan - But 11/6/2012, 2:50 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Nekochan wrote:Well, that might work if Romney=Bush. But he doesn't.

Sometimes I wish I could live in a place where denial is the order of the day. I hoped for more from Obama in his first term, but he wasn't responsible for the state of the union when he entered office...Bush was. And if you don't see that Romney's advisors came straight from the Bush camp and Romney's platform and agenda are strikingly similar to Bush's, then there's no way to get through to you.

7I Like Romney & Ryan - But Empty Re: I Like Romney & Ryan - But 11/6/2012, 2:56 pm

Floridatexan wrote:

Sometimes I wish I could live in a place where denial is the order of the day. I hoped for more from Obama in his first term, but he wasn't responsible for the state of the union when he entered office...Bush was. And if you don't see that Romney's advisors came straight from the Bush camp and Romney's platform and agenda are strikingly similar to Bush's, then there's no way to get through to you.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/11219/mitt-romney-foreign-policy-team-17-of-24-advisors-are-bush-neocons

It's only 17 of 24.. No

8I Like Romney & Ryan - But Empty Re: I Like Romney & Ryan - But 11/6/2012, 2:59 pm

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Floridatexan wrote:

I, too hoped for more from President Obama in his first term, but he was up against insurmountable odds. The fact that the health care bill was passed proves to me that he can get things done....he just needs more time.

He said he would pass health care reform, and he did. I was upset at first that he didn't shoot for universal health care, as he said he would during his campaign, but I came to understand there was no way he could have done that. The healthcare bill is a starting point now. If Romney/Ryan come in and repeal it, that will throw health care into chaos.

He said he would get Bin Laden, and he did. He said he would get us out of Iraq, and he did.

Granted, he didn't accomplish all of his goals during his first term, but it's a damned good start. To end that momentum now would be tragic, I think.

9I Like Romney & Ryan - But Empty Re: I Like Romney & Ryan - But 11/6/2012, 4:20 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PBulldog2 wrote:The fact that the health care bill was passed proves to me that he can get things done....he just needs more time.
The only legislation he got passed was only in his first two years when the democrats controlled both houses of congress, PB. Then after we got a divided congress in 2010 all that ended.
And since we'll likely continue to have a divided congress after today's elections, obama or romney either one will be faced with that and neither will be able to get anything significant passed through congress. With either as president we'll continue to have government gridlock until if and when the president and both houses of congress are all the same political party.
Just as one example, it really annoys me to hear Romney say over and over during the campaign "the first day in office I'm going to eliminate obamacare". What's so depressing is apparently he knows his voter base is ignorant enough to believe he can do that without the consent of congress.

10I Like Romney & Ryan - But Empty Re: I Like Romney & Ryan - But 11/6/2012, 4:40 pm

Yella

Yella

No offense, neko, but we must not forget that we also know what Cheney and Rove and their henchmen did for the eight years prior to the Obama years. I think the Republican philosophy is all about a few people making fortunes while everyone is in the dark. I prefer to think if McCain had been elected this country would be in a chaos of ruin instead of slowly crawling out of the their profit taking through wars and the deregulations that allowed them to rape the environment.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

11I Like Romney & Ryan - But Empty Re: I Like Romney & Ryan - But 11/6/2012, 5:20 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:The fact that the health care bill was passed proves to me that he can get things done....he just needs more time.
The only legislation he got passed was only in his first two years when the democrats controlled both houses of congress, PB. Then after we got a divided congress in 2010 all that ended.
And since we'll likely continue to have a divided congress after today's elections, obama or romney either one will be faced with that and neither will be able to get anything significant passed through congress. With either as president we'll continue to have government gridlock until if and when the president and both houses of congress are all the same political party.
Just as one example, it really annoys me to hear Romney say over and over during the campaign "the first day in office I'm going to eliminate obamacare". What's so depressing is apparently he knows his voter base is ignorant enough to believe he can do that without the consent of congress.

He's counting on a very ignorant and uninformed or misinformed voter base. No Republican wants to admit that the whole party is in chaos and their platform is blatantly anti-democratic. And you know the reason for the resurgence of the right...the astroturf "tea party" movement, sponsored at least in part by Faux News. And it's rare to hear anyone from the right even admit that Bush's presidency was a complete disaster, so how are they going to know that a Romney in the White House would be even worse...if that's possible.

I keep asking myself how anyone could cast their vote for Romney or Ryan...their whole campaign has been based on lies or, maybe even worse, no information at all. There's nothing really there FOR THE PEOPLE.

12I Like Romney & Ryan - But Empty Re: I Like Romney & Ryan - But 11/6/2012, 5:28 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:

He's counting on a very ignorant and uninformed or misinformed voter base.

Thank god obama and the democrats have such a smart voter base...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

lol

13I Like Romney & Ryan - But Empty Re: I Like Romney & Ryan - But 11/6/2012, 5:28 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Yella wrote:

No offense, neko, but we must not forget that we also know what Cheney and Rove and their henchmen did for the eight years prior to the Obama years. I think the Republican philosophy is all about a few people making fortunes while everyone is in the dark. I prefer to think if McCain had been elected this country would be in a chaos of ruin instead of slowly crawling out of the their profit taking through wars and the deregulations that allowed them to rape the environment.

You and I just have a different viewpoint of what Republicans favor.
If anything, it's the Democrats who want to keep people in the dark by making them rely on government to get by.

14I Like Romney & Ryan - But Empty Re: I Like Romney & Ryan - But 11/6/2012, 5:36 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan

Obama seemed confident he could fix the economy when he said he'd be a one term president if he didn't. Guess what?

To think that how things are today is because of Bush, and Obama holds no blame is pure denial.

We could really use that change now.

15I Like Romney & Ryan - But Empty Re: I Like Romney & Ryan - But 11/6/2012, 5:43 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Nekochan wrote:
Yella wrote:

If anything, it's the Democrats who want to keep people in the dark by making them rely on government to get by.

That is a very misleading statement. Today's Republicans love big government and all of its trappings, including big deficits. It's the allocation of big-government resources that gets argued over and fought about. Republicans want to keep the Military Industrial Complex (which relys on the government to get by) going at full tilt. They want to keep their corporate friends happy and subsidized. In other words, Republicans love and want to keep in place the portions of big-government dear to them, while attacking the portions of big government favored by the Democrats.

It's the classic welfare versus warfare argument. Both are spawned by big-government, and are fueled by deficit spending--and both help create growing debt. Arguments can be made in favor of both sides, but the reality is that both sides need to be drastically reshaped and reformed.

The reformation will eventually be driven by the size of the national debt, and the results will not be pretty nor will they make anyone happy. We won't see this happen in the next four years, but in the 2016-2024 cycle, it will happen.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

16I Like Romney & Ryan - But Empty Re: I Like Romney & Ryan - But 11/6/2012, 6:36 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Just to help bolster Z's argument...

http://gbgm-umc.org/Response/articles/corporate_welfare.html

http://thinkbynumbers.org/government-spending/corporate-welfare/corporate-welfare-statistics-vs-social-welfare-statistics/

17I Like Romney & Ryan - But Empty Re: I Like Romney & Ryan - But 11/6/2012, 6:58 pm

Can't you americans vote Mr Bill Clinton in office again? I met him back in the 90's and let's just say "WHAT A CIGAR"

18I Like Romney & Ryan - But Empty Re: I Like Romney & Ryan - But 11/6/2012, 7:21 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Yella wrote:

That is a very misleading statement. Today's Republicans love big government and all of its trappings, including big deficits. It's the allocation of big-government resources that gets argued over and fought about. Republicans want to keep the Military Industrial Complex (which relys on the government to get by) going at full tilt. They want to keep their corporate friends happy and subsidized. In other words, Republicans love and want to keep in place the portions of big-government dear to them, while attacking the portions of big government favored by the Democrats.

It's the classic welfare versus warfare argument. Both are spawned by big-government, and are fueled by deficit spending--and both help create growing debt. Arguments can be made in favor of both sides, but the reality is that both sides need to be drastically reshaped and reformed.

The reformation will eventually be driven by the size of the national debt, and the results will not be pretty nor will they make anyone happy. We won't see this happen in the next four years, but in the 2016-2024 cycle, it will happen.

Well, it's my opinion. I don't think that pro-business means anti-working person. But yes, both sides are guilty of big spending.

19I Like Romney & Ryan - But Empty Re: I Like Romney & Ryan - But 11/6/2012, 9:33 pm

Nekochan wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Yella wrote:

Well, it's my opinion. I don't think that pro-business means anti-working person. But yes, both sides are guilty of big spending.

I don't think you really know what Obama has done. Are you aware he has cut down govt.? I agree w/ Z.The republicans just give welfare to the rich and oppose it to the poor. So who's wrong?

20I Like Romney & Ryan - But Empty Re: I Like Romney & Ryan - But 11/6/2012, 9:35 pm

Bob wrote:

The democrats never controlled both house for two years. That's just dogma from the right. Look it up, Bob how long the democrats had control.

21I Like Romney & Ryan - But Empty Re: I Like Romney & Ryan - But 11/6/2012, 9:56 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

November 06, 2012 - 08:40PM ET

Precincts Reporting: 6%

NamePartyVotesVote %Electoral Votes WonStates WonStates LeadingElectoral Lead

Romney
GOP

Obama
Dem

Others

22I Like Romney & Ryan - But Empty Re: I Like Romney & Ryan - But 11/6/2012, 10:16 pm

Bob wrote:Just to help bolster Z's argument...

http://gbgm-umc.org/Response/articles/corporate_welfare.html

http://thinkbynumbers.org/government-spending/corporate-welfare/corporate-welfare-statistics-vs-social-welfare-statistics/

OH Bob, You just have class envy.. You're just jealous that those rich big wigs have all of the money.. cat

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum