Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I know this makes me be one of those real idiots so many talk about. But it's really true so I need your help.

+9
Yella
TEOTWAWKI
Bluebonnet
Captn Kaoz
Joanimaroni
Floridatexan
Nekochan
gulfbeachbandit
Hospital Bob
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yes I'm really sincere when I tell you I'm one of those morons who even at this late stage is still "undecided" about which one to vote for tomorrow.
I am going to vote at 7AM before I report to jury duty at 8:15.
Please give me your best argument for Obama and your best argument for Romney. If you make a good enough argument and convince me, then you will essentially be doubling the impact of your own vote.

And you can either try to convince me why I should vote FOR one of them OR vote AGAINST one of them (the evil of two lessers if you prefer).
And you can put your argument in one sentence or several paragraphs.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?
If not, give someone else a chance to fix it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ghandi wrote:Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?
I think that's a very good contribution, ghandi.
As I think about it, I'm inclined to do just that.
Does anyone have a counter argument to this?

Nekochan

Nekochan

I know this makes me be one of those real idiots so many talk about.  But it's really true so I need your help. Obama_13

Bob wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

That's an absurd parallax view through a jaundiced eye with acute myopia.

If you are not better off now than you were 4 years ago, would it be better if McLain and his little idiot girlfriend cheerleader had been elected...?

Let's face it....the voters (sorta) gave Dubyah 8 years to screw it up. Do you think Obama can achieve equal status...?

And lastly....I'll be back to take your order when I bring out your ice tea.

Go ahead Bob....vote for Gordon Gecko on meth and steroids and watch him dismantle America and ship it over to China. That's his specialty....getting rid of jobs, closing industry and factories, and screwing any and everyone who gets in his way.

Him doubling down on his lie about Jeep should be the final nail in his solid gold casket, but I guess I just have much higher standards than the GOP sheep.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Nekochan wrote:I know this makes me be one of those real idiots so many talk about.  But it's really true so I need your help. Obama_13

I wish I could give you two +'s for that. One is all I"m allowed.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

W_T_M wrote:
Bob wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

That's an absurd parallax view through a jaundiced eye with acute myopia.

If you are not better off now than you were 4 years ago, would it be better if McLain and his little idiot girlfriend cheerleader had been elected...?

Let's face it....the voters (sorta) gave Dubyah 8 years to screw it up. Do you think Obama can achieve equal status...?

And lastly....I'll be back to take your order when I bring out your ice tea.

Go ahead Bob....vote for Gordon Gecko on meth and steroids and watch him dismantle America and ship it over to China. That's his specialty....getting rid of jobs, closing industry and factories, and screwing any and everyone who gets in his way.

Him doubling down on his lie about Jeep should be the final nail in his solid gold casket, but I guess I just have much higher standards than the GOP sheep.

crackhead swallowed the ass end of a dictionary in rehab. Too bad. Still stupid with bigger words that his same voting class can't understand. What an idiot. Long live solyndra. Ever heard if it? It happened as you were weaning yourself off the pipe.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Of course, there have been lots of political signs and cartoons this Fall but that is one of my favorite ones.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

See this is my dilemma. I'm not nearly as trusting in the information I receive about all this as the rest of you are. And it goes for both sides. If I could put confidence in that it would be easier to make the choice. But I've been told too much stuff by both sides that doesn't ring true. I have the feeling that most of the information I get doesn't care about truth and fairness and objectivity. It only cares about advocacy.
That's what makes it so difficult for me to get a handle on this.
I don't really know what would have happened differently if McCain had been it instead of Obama. And the same holds true for Romney vs Obama.
Just as one example, McCain had the same response to the economic collapse Obama did. Including the same policy (the economic stimulus).
Neither media (republican or democrat) emphasizes that. They both lie to me about it because they are advocates for one party/candidate or the other.
Makes it not so easy to discern the truth.

Nekochan

Nekochan

If you haven't made up your mind yet, maybe it's best not to vote. You'll likely regret it, either way.

Obama will most likely spend more money and increase govt scope more than romney... but I won't vote for either.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Well here, if this doesn't convince you, then just stay home!

http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/CNG---55f275e3033e718e74dec65238991a94---251

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

You must be kidding me. If you want an oligarchy and a continuation of the loss of US capital and jobs, by all means vote for Romney and you'll get your wish...in spades.

If you want war with Iran, vote for Romney. He'll deliver.

If you want a new round of boom and bust, Romney's your guy.

If you're still sane, you'll vote for Obama.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Obamacare.
It's very difficult for me to believe anything Romney says about that when it was Romney himself who championed virtually the same thing for Massachussetts which provided the template for Obamacare. And his state vs federal argument on that just doesn't do it for me. That wreaks of nothing but political rationalization.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Nekochan wrote:I know this makes me be one of those real idiots so many talk about.  But it's really true so I need your help. Obama_13

Nice one....

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Bob wrote:See this is my dilemma. I'm not nearly as trusting in the information I receive about all this as the rest of you are. And it goes for both sides. If I could put confidence in that it would be easier to make toward Romney, nothing will the choice. But I've been told too much stuff by both sides that doesn't ring true. I have the feeling that most of the information I get doesn't care about truth and fairness and objectivity. It only cares about advocacy.
That's what makes it so difficult for me to get a handle on this.
I don't really know what would have happened differently if McCain had been it instead of Obama. And the same holds true for Romney vs Obama.
Just as one example, McCain had the same response to the economic collapse Obama did. Including the same policy (the economic stimulus).
Neither media (republican or democrat) emphasizes that. They both lie to me about it because they are advocates for one party/candidate or the other.
Makes it not so easy to discern the truth.

justin casey, dreamsglore, and ft(3 of the dumbest people on the planet) all voted for obama. If that doesn't turn you
toward Romney, nothing will.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:

Just my point. Both have opened the door to military action to prevent Iran from having a nuke if that's what it takes. And each has also emphasized "only as a last resort".
Let's don't forget. The Afghanistan war is still going strong after four years of Obama. And it was Obama who put tens of thousands more troops into that war.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ghandi wrote:

justin casey, dreamsglore, and ft(3 of the dumbest people on the planet) all voted for obama.
So did I. So make that the 4 dumbest people on the planet. lol

But the truth is we're not dumb and neither are you. That's Sean Hannity and Ed Schultz talking. And that kind of talking is the irrational divide which is keeping this country on the path of decline.

Last edited by Bob on 11/5/2012, 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Bob wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Just my point. Both have opened the door to military action to prevent Iran from having a nuke if that's what it takes. And each has also emphasized "only as a last resort".
Let's don't forget. The Afghanistan war is still going strong after four years of Obama. And it was Obama who put tens of thousands more troops into that war.

More drones under obama than Bush. As well as more foodstamps, grants to failed companies, ambassaders killed.........

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It gets even worse. Because of the irrational advocacy which passes for journalism, I honest to god have no way to know if it is or is not justified to go to war with Iran to prevent them from getting a nuke.
The information I receive on that is just way too biased and partisan to help me have a valid opinion about it. I honestly do not know because of that.
Without that knowledge, it's meaningless for me to choose between these candidates based solely on political rhetoric that knows no fairness and objectivity.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I used to value what Senator Sam Nunn had to say about foreign policy. I could sense that he approached it all in a very thoughtful and rational way.
We no longer have any leaders like that. What we have that passes for leadership now is too tied to "I have to be liberal" or "I have to be conservative". Because that's all the Sean Hannitys and Ed Schultzes want to hear. And it's all their personality cults want to hear.

Last edited by Bob on 11/5/2012, 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Bob wrote:It gets even worse. Because of the irrational advocacy which passes for journalism, I honest to god have no way to know if it is or is not justified to go to war with Iran to prevent them from getting a nuke.
The information I receive on that is just way too biased and partisan to help me have a valid opinion about it. I honestly do not know because of that.
Without that knowledge, it's meaningless for me to choose between these candidates based solely on political rhetoric that knows no fairness and objectivity.

Don't believe what you read on the internet. Thats what started WWII

Bob.....Now you have confused me. What ever happens will be your fault, Shame on you.... Moolims or Moormuns Damn if I know.....

Nekochan wrote:If you haven't made up your mind yet, maybe it's best not to vote. You'll likely regret it, either way.

I agree. I don't think Bob should vote or even be on a jury. He should ask to be excused because he can't make up his mind about anything.

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

Bob,

Take a look at Obamacare. A small business with 50 full time employees is required to provide health insurance or pay a $2000.00 fine. That is $100,000 for a company of 50 employees. If Obamacare actually goes into effect what do you think will happen to employee number 50? He/She will now cost the company an additional $100,000 plus their salary.

If you cannot vote for Romney for yourself, do it for employee number 50.

Help them keep their job.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum