Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seaoat loves to talk about traitors...here is a real life one getting charged with desertion- -----about time

+5
knothead
Markle
Vikingwoman
Sal
KarlRove
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

KarlRove

KarlRove

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/bowe-bergdahl-desertion-116391.html?hp=l2_4

Hope they hammer him. He can face the death penalty for doing so under war conditions. He owes many families who lost loved ones on the SAR teams that gave their life looking for this dirtbag.

Sal

Sal

Glad we brought him back now?

lol

Vikingwoman

He's not going to get the death penalty.

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:He's not going to get the death penalty.

He certainly is deserving of the death penalty.

Men died and were wounded searching for him after he deserted.

In exchange for him, semi-retired President Obama released five of the top al Qaeda commanders hand chosen by al Qaeda. They were released to Qatar where they were supposed to be kept under surveillance for one year. Well, that time is about up and one has already been in contact with his comrades in arms.

What a brilliant tactician.

I wonder how many meetings the top brass held trying to figure out how to bury this fiasco in accordance with the demands of President Obama. They sure strung it out long enough.

KarlRove

KarlRove

by Vikingwoman Today at 4:31 pm
He's not going to get the death penalty.
------
Officers on the courts martial board will surely apply
The rule of law. Men died looking for him. He has a very
Good chance at the firing squad.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Justice would be to let the families of the deceased soldiers who died looking for
Him get a piece of the action.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Seaoat loves to talk about traitors...here is a real life one getting charged with desertion- -----about time Kia

Brave men who died searching for a turncoat traitor (Bergdahl)

knothead

knothead

This has never been a red and blue issue whatsoever. rather, the process is working precisely as it should . . . . . bring him home and let the military leadership follow protocols and pursue justice . . . . . nothing to beat one's chest over. He will be tried . . . . . as he should.

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:This has never been a red and blue issue whatsoever. rather, the process is working precisely as it should . . . . . bring him home and let the military leadership follow protocols and pursue justice . . . . . nothing to beat one's chest over.  He will be tried . . . . . as he should.

You can attempt to deny and cover for semi-retired President Obama but it doesn't hold water.

President Obama had to hold a rose garden announcement with Bergdahl's parents.

Supposedly we don't pay ransom, which we did in a form of FIVE major terrorists. We also don't release prisoners of war until AFTER the war. These terrorists don't fit the description of a prisoner of war.

Bergdahl made his choice to be with al Qaeda. He should still be there and those five terrorists should still be in GITMO.

Another of semi-retired President Obama's brilliant military decisions...backfires.

knothead

knothead

It does not materially change anything . . . . we do not leave soldiers behind and held in captivity. Israel swapped 1200 for one single soldier.

KarlRove

KarlRove

knothead wrote:It does not materially change anything . . . . we do not leave soldiers behind and held in captivity. Israel swapped 1200 for one single soldier.

We didn't leave him behind. He chose to desert. Six men died looking for him and he ran from them as well. The Israeli soldier didn't desert his post and aid the enemy who was fighting his fellow soldiers. Bergdahl did all that and it was testified to in hearings. The unit he deserted came under increased attacks and it was shown that he had delineated TTPs to the enemy to make their attacks more successful. He deserves no less than the death penalty at a minimum. He is a gutless coward who ran off from his post in war.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

This is the reason for military courts. But you've already tried and convicted this man in your mind. How do you know he wasn't on assignment? A: You don't. How do you know these soldiers were killed looking for him? A: Again, you don't. The facts will come out in the hearing. War is hell. People die in wars. That's the reason we don't go to war on a whim, like W did in Afghanistan and then Iraq.

KarlRove

KarlRove

On assignment? Lol,
You don't send privates on an assignment. And yes, he was a PVT E-2 when he deserted his post and fellow Americans. Face it, Obama was taken advantage of by terrorists in this trade of five Taliban generals for one PVT E-2. He was looking to distract the public on Benhgazi and other scandals.

gatorfan

It's pretty clear he is a deserter or wouldn't have been charged as such after an extraordinarily long "investigation."

I suspect his punishment will be a bad conduct discharge and no prison time. He is the one who will have to live with himself for his cowardice and I'm sure the Army just wants this tar baby to disappear.

KarlRove

KarlRove

No, he's going to prison based on the fact that good order and discipline must be maintained in the military or the entire structure will break down. He will have to do time.
A Big Chicken Dinner is a slap on the wrist if not accompanied by prison.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I have been involved with the military JAG in preparation for a desertion trial. This was an officer and a graduate of the Naval Academy. He was found guilty and served a year in military detention. He jumped ship; no doubt about it. I do not feel sorry for him; it was stupid on his part. However, he was entitled to a hearing.

2seaoat

Supposedly we don't pay ransom, which we did in a form of FIVE major terrorists. We also don't release prisoners of war until AFTER the war. These terrorists don't fit the description of a prisoner of war.

Mr Markle this statement is so rife with lies and propaganda it is really not worth responding, but of course I will. The Iran Hostage for arms trade begs to differ with you, and it was not only President Reagan, but in fact President Carter was lifting sanctions and trading economic things for hostages, and I can go back in history and show you many examples of the same, but why go further than President Reagan and Carter within a generation attempting to trade for our people which included American service people and State department employees.

Second, all five of the enemy combatants were Taliban. The taliban as an organization were not classified as a terrorist group. They were however enemy combatants who resisted the American occupation of Afghanastan. In regard to releasing prisoners only at the end of a war is a historical misstatement, and prisoners exchanges happened in the revolutionary war, civil war through the current administration. The five non terrorist enemy combatants were detained in a prison camp and your attempt to create a distinction without a difference between an enemy combatant and a uniformed prisoner of war covered by the Geneva convention has zero relevancy to an exchange but is a statement saying nothing to prove nothing.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:He was looking to distract the public on Benhgazi and other scandals.  

Is that the scuttlebutt you heard over at the Airman's Club?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

KarlRove

KarlRove

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
KarlRove wrote:He was looking to distract the public on Benhgazi and other scandals.  

Is that the scuttlebutt you heard over at the Airman's Club?

There's an AIRMAN'S CLUB?

Vikingwoman

They were going to be released anyway so it was a good deal.

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:They were going to be released anyway so it was a good deal.

You know this how exactly?

Three have already been reaching out to the Taliban to join the fight...again. Two months and they can travel anywhere in the world.

2seaoat

You know this how exactly?

Three have already been reaching out to the Taliban to join the fight...again. Two months and they can travel anywhere in the world.

This logic stopped the prisoner exchanges during the Civil War where the North realized that the South was running out of men and quit the exchange program. I have taken my family twice to Andersonville in Georgia to show my children the horrors men can subject on other men......there are consequences to invading another country which one of the central tenets is that the folks do not like the invaders......and will resist until they are gone. However, it is good to know you believe every enemy combatant held in Cuba will never be released.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:You know this how exactly?

This logic stopped the prisoner exchanges during the Civil War where the North realized that the South was running out of men and quit the exchange program.  I have taken my family twice to Andersonville in Georgia to show my children the horrors men can subject on other men...... there are consequences to invading another country which one of the central tenets is that the folks do not like the invaders ......and will resist until they are gone.  However, it is good to know you believe every enemy combatant held in Cuba will never be released.

Why did it work so well in Germany, Japan, South Korea, for that matter, France, Belgium, and numerous other countries.

It also worked well in Iran and there would still be peace there had semi-retired President Obama not been so inept and abandoned Iraq. Afghanistan has asked that we keep at least 10,000 troops in their country.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum