Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bill Maher Warns Romney Supporters: 'Black People Know Who You Are and They Will Come After You'

+5
NaNook
Floridatexan
2seaoat
othershoe1030
knothead
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

He isn't calling me a racist necessarily... he is admitting that logic is absent in prejudice... in the only way he is capable...

by using so many words that it might muddle the point.

2seaoat wrote:btw, Im holding a royal flush.

I understand you believe that wearing a crown on the toilet and then pulling feces out of the toilet while flushing is holding a royal flush.....but for those of us who play poker it is Ace, King, Queen, Jack, and a ten in the same suit.....and yes, I am calling someone a racist who thinks that simply changing the colors makes sense, or somehow denigrates the power of the satire......it is the probability of the underlying act, and the pushing of the envelope which makes it funny......and comprehension is not mandatory.

just so you know. I know how to play poker. I was sitting on my daddies knee at 2 watching him play poker with his dredge buddies.

my family used to play poker every year for thanksgiving.

I once won a shirt from the pcola dog track at the poker table for a 4 of a kind

and I listen to lady ga ga poker face Razz

and your little dig at me means ZERO. it only shows your true colors which is a big fucking liberal two faced double standard old fart.

PkrBum wrote:He isn't calling me a racist necessarily... he is admitting that logic is absent in prejudice... in the only way he is capable...

he just said yes, that he was.

he does try to muddle the point. Its like trying to talk to a mumbling drunk politician having a conversation with him. Neutral

Alkaia wrote:
PkrBum wrote:He isn't calling me a racist necessarily... he is admitting that logic is absent in prejudice... in the only way he is capable...

he does try to muddle the point. Its like trying to talk to a mumbling drunk politician having a conversation with him. Neutral

If he had meant yes... there would have only been three letters in his response.

Last edited by PkrBum on 11/3/2012, 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

I actually was just trying humor with the Royal Flush comment, but I see that once again something funny has been mistaken for something more sinister.....I actually thought it was funny......my bad.......I forgot the number one rule of comedy.....know your audience.

2seaoat wrote:I actually was just trying humor with the Royal Flush comment, but I see that once again something funny has been mistaken for something more sinister.....I actually thought it was funny......my bad.......I forgot the number one rule of comedy.....know your audience.

If you were able to look at the joke logically then you could see that the colors could be switched and the small element of truth that made the original version funny... would hold true in the switched version as well but would not be considered funny. There are some good reasons why... but an objective person should be able see two standards.

Don't you think that there should be one standard eventually?

PkrBum wrote:
Alkaia wrote:

If he had meant yes... there would have only been three letters in his response.

Thats ok pkr. I wont defend you anymore. Its all good.

That was my mistake.

However, he did say it.

and it is true that if you replaced white where black is mentioned in this so called satire, it would be considered hate speech and the bottoms of hell would have opened up. The left would have been calling for a firing. So while I will agree with you on your previous comment. I'm not going to ignore his.

He is more or less defending the comment, he's just doing it in his usual way with mumbling long diatribe.

im about done with this topic anyway, its also been beaten to death.

its very clear that the people on here only see racism in the republican party and its impossible for them to see thier own racist BS.

to not think that people sitting watching this libtard saying that didnt put shit in peoples minds when we already know about all the threats of riots from the left and even from m moore is well, just a bunch more same ole hypocrisy.

[img]Bill Maher Warns Romney Supporters: 'Black People Know Who You Are and They Will Come After You' - Page 2 Sfun_b12[/img]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Hitting the sauce early, I see.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

The only political humor I've even smiled about lately was the youtube of that four-year-old little girl crying to her mother.

The little girl, through her sobs, said "I'm tired....I'm tired of Bronco Bamma and Mitt Romney!

I feel the same way.

PkrBum wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I actually was just trying humor with the Royal Flush comment, but I see that once again something funny has been mistaken for something more sinister.....I actually thought it was funny......my bad.......I forgot the number one rule of comedy.....know your audience.

If you were able to look at the joke logically then you could see that the colors could be switched and the small element of truth that made the original version funny... would hold true in the switched version as well but would not be considered funny. There are some good reasons why... but an objective person should be able see two standards.

Don't you think that there should be one standard eventually?

Isn't this a fair question? can meet worms.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Alkaia wrote:
2seaoat wrote:why is it you just give pass for this?

The very exact same reason that when I first read Swift's Modest Proposal I understood the power of political satire, and that he was not actually proposing that Irish babies be eaten. The power of this satire has always been that some people.......a small percentage actually believe that people should have been eating Irish babies to solve a problem, and yes.....some people believe that people will riot....or that black people know where you live......yes.....hundreds of years have passed since Swift wrote his masterpiece.....and yet the dynamics of his story could never be more relevant and remain as powerful today as his words were powerful then........

ok how do you feel about this comedians satire, this is freedom of speech right?

It looks like freedom of speech to me but certainly not satire. The only message in the entire piece is that the guy singing is not voting for President Obama because he is black, too black. At least he is being honest about it. The notion is crazy to me but to the singer says he'd rather vote for a senile white guy (his words) than a better candidate (my words) based on nothing other than skin color. That's a very peculiar way to decide who to vote for!

SO, you have to remember that it is the simple things that evade Chrissy.

Alkaia wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Alkaia wrote:

Thats ok pkr. I wont defend you anymore. Its all good.

That was my mistake.

However, he did say it.

and it is true that if you replaced white where black is mentioned in this so called satire, it would be considered hate speech and the bottoms of hell would have opened up. The left would have been calling for a firing. So while I will agree with you on your previous comment. I'm not going to ignore his.

He is more or less defending the comment, he's just doing it in his usual way with mumbling long diatribe.

im about done with this topic anyway, its also been beaten to death.

its very clear that the people on here only see racism in the republican party and its impossible for them to see thier own racist BS.

to not think that people sitting watching this libtard saying that didnt put shit in peoples minds when we already know about all the threats of riots from the left and even from m moore is well, just a bunch more same ole hypocrisy.

[img]Bill Maher Warns Romney Supporters: 'Black People Know Who You Are and They Will Come After You' - Page 2 Sfun_b12[/img]

Thank you Chrissy... I had to read this a few times to realize that I might seem gruff. Sorry about that.

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:What do we see here, right wingers coming out against free speech?

Limbaugh can spout things just as bad and the ditto heads lap it up. Talk about a double standard.

BTW I watched the show as I do most weeks and BTW he is a comedian. It was a joke albeit not a politically correct one.

How about the bumper stickers available that say: Don't re-nig in 2012? This is what we're dealing with, the pin head racists.

I expect that you do watch it each week. That the Daily Show and comedy channel are where more Progressives get their news.

Had Rush Limbaugh made a similar statement, the Progressives would have been crying for him to be taken off the air, boycotts or some other action.

With Bill Maher, it was only a joke....

It might not be so bad were other race baiters not calling for violence and riots too when President Barack Hussein Obama loses.

By the way, a bumper sticker isn't national TV.

Here Seaoat, this might explain somethings for you. Maybe you can offer up another comparison.

Maybe you need another one to get the creative juices flowing

alecto wrote:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/11/03/maher-if-you-vote-romney-black-people-know-who-you-are-and-will-come

This is what awaits the folks "who know that I am a Romney supporter".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw8BcZA3LqA

Aside from Mr. Mossberg, I have Mr. Glock, Mr. Baretta, Mr. Remington x2, Mr. Bushmaster, Mr. Ruger, Mr. Sig Sauer, and a few others.

Last edited by PACEDOG#1 on 11/3/2012, 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

Tried to play your links, but my computer blocked the links.....hmmmmm\ No No No

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:Tried to play your links, but my computer blocked the links.....hmmmmm\ No No No

Your computer is pretty smart, I'll guess!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:What do we see here, right wingers coming out against free speech?

Limbaugh can spout things just as bad and the ditto heads lap it up. Talk about a double standard.

BTW I watched the show as I do most weeks and BTW he is a comedian. It was a joke albeit not a politically correct one.

How about the bumper stickers available that say: Don't re-nig in 2012? This is what we're dealing with, the pin head racists.

I expect that you do watch it each week. That the Daily Show and comedy channel are where more Progressives get their news.

Had Rush Limbaugh made a similar statement, the Progressives would have been crying for him to be taken off the air, boycotts or some other action.

It might not be so bad were other race baiters not calling for violence and riots too when President Barack Hussein Obama loses.

My opinion of Limbaugh is that he is one of the last of a dying breed of hateful, upset, angry old white guys who makes more money when he fans the fires under his ditto heads. He certainly has a following of people who believe his opinions.

To me he is a rabble rouser and a divider who would love to see the country continue on this divided path demonizing the liberals and rendering Americans nearly unable to even talk to each other. He is anti-science and anti-woman. He is nothing more than an entertainer in political clothing.

Stewart and Colbert are like court jesters who say things and point out things that are ironic or hypocritical regarding current events.

Even though I've said it before and you refuse to understand, we don't watch Colbert and Stewart for our news/information. It is because we are up on current events that their humor has meaning.

Do right wingers get their news from Limbaugh? Now that would really be sad.

2seaoat wrote:Tried to play your links, but my computer blocked the links.....hmmmmm\ No No No

Well is is after all youtube.

alecto wrote:

There was nothing wrong with your links

Rogue wrote:
alecto wrote:

There was nothing wrong with your links

Well he is running windows 8 or maybe just doesn't appreciate satire.

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:
Markle wrote:

My opinion of Limbaugh is that he is one of the last of a dying breed of hateful, upset, angry old white guys who makes more money when he fans the fires under his ditto heads. He certainly has a following of people who believe his opinions.

To me he is a rabble rouser and a divider who would love to see the country continue on this divided path demonizing the liberals and rendering Americans nearly unable to even talk to each other. He is anti-science and anti-woman. He is nothing more than an entertainer in political clothing.

Stewart and Colbert are like court jesters who say things and point out things that are ironic or hypocritical regarding current events.

Even though I've said it before and you refuse to understand, we don't watch Colbert and Stewart for our news/information. It is because we are up on current events that their humor has meaning.

Do right wingers get their news from Limbaugh? Now that would really be sad.

So...in your opinion...Rush Limbaugh does exactly the same thing as Stewart and Colbert but Rush is a rabble rouser and divider but Stewart and Colbert are shining examples of what all Americans should think and be like.

GOT IT!

Bill Maher Warns Romney Supporters: 'Black People Know Who You Are and They Will Come After You' - Page 2 HystericallyLaughingmanandboy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum