Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

do you guys do anything for halloween?

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

I love scary things. I enjoy making the little bags of candy and toys to hand out, my children love to decorate and make a big mess in front of the house.

I like to watch scary movies on halloween too.

last year my gf was convinced we had shadow people in our house Laughing

would love to hear what you do if anything.

im chillin with a bloody mary now, so bring on the scary..

share any special drinks or food ideas.....

Think ill change my avatar on halloweeen just for fun....

whadda ya say?

[img]do you guys do anything for halloween? Happy_10[/img]

Rogue wrote:I love scary things. I enjoy making the little bags of candy and toys to hand out, my children love to decorate and make a big mess in front of the house.

I like to watch scary movies on halloween too.

last year my gf was convinced we had shadow people in our house Laughing

would love to hear what you do if anything.

im chillin with a bloody mary now, so bring on the scary..

share any special drinks or food ideas.....

Think ill change my avatar on halloweeen just for fun....

whadda ya say?

do you guys do anything for halloween? 35d9oq10

We got these Mohawk thingies and decided to go to a Halloween party as indians... Fuckowie indians. (Lost... Where the Fuckowie?)

The host had a band playing good music, free beer and punch, lots of food... and oh, the cops came and told us that the band was too loud.

do you guys do anything for halloween? Dsc_8610

Yomama wrote:We got these Mohawk thingies and decided to go to a Halloween party as indians... Fuckowie indians. (Lost... Where the Fuckowie?)

The host had a band playing good music, free beer and punch, lots of food... and oh, the cops came and told us that the band was too loud.

lol!

@ where the fuckowie indians....

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

I never do anything, Chrissy. I have only twice in my life lived "in town" and had Halloween visitors at my door, so I usually forget about it. The two times I had Halloween visitors, I HAD forgotten, so I felt like a total jerk for not having any candy for the poor kids and had to shut all the lights off.

Embarassed

My wife used to work for a insurance company on the west side. They were really big into halloween. Big party, big cash prize 200 dollars, I think
My wife was 8 months pregnant with my son. Sooooo We thought we would go as Black people. You can use Brown hair spray you get from some of the beauty shops. The stuff really really looks real. My wife made a Aunt Jemima/mixing bowl dress and red bandana and I had a bright greet flashy suit with a real Afro wig and sunglasses.. What was funny these folks were kind of racist. LOL They would not let us in because they thought we were real. I had to open my shirt where I had not sprayed to prove different. Damn it was funny. It was no contest and we won first prize. My wife kept saying "If I go into Labor dressed like this. I am going to kick your ass" Good times........

That's pretty good, hg. Previous employers have tried to force me to dress up for Halloween, but I'd not do it. I just don't get it... I'm there to do a job for them, not to f-around in some goofy costume. Always had trouble with being told that I "need to make friends" with my colleagues as well. They didn't pay me to be friends with those assholes, they paid me to be the best at what I did, which I was.

Admittedly, I am slightly socially inept.

Hmm. I guess I still have a little bit of kid in me.

Not as much as I used to but Im hangin on.

I remember as a kid going trick or treaten and how much I loved going to the house that decorated and handed out the really cool bags of good candy with those little games in them.

I have orange lights going down my walkway now that leads to two gargolyes. Some headstones that are motion detected that will scream at you when you walk buy them and a head pops out with red eyes, a fog maker, bunch of other ghost and spiders and such. I am going to tie my son in law to the palm tree dressed as the grim reaper... yeah... been wanting to tie him up lol

and we are going to scare the hell out of any one who comes begging for candy.

For almost 30 years I have playd host to just serving the kids on halloween. I know some dont like it and call it satan or whatever. But I feel kids need tradition of fun things in thier life other than playing video games.

I am as passionate about Christmas, even more so than this holiday.

Sure, it cost me a lot of money I really shouldnt spend and it really is a pain in the ass.

but we are loosing our traditions for our children and they are becoming as adults at the age of 9 because of our lack of letting them be kids

This isnt a political or religious issue for me. as a parent we are pushing our kids aside and taking away all the fun things we enjoyed as a child if we dont go out of our way to participate.

so get off your asses and participate. everthing isnt about you. have fun with it like eric does. Life is short.

Elvira

Oh trust me it's not at all that I have anything against Halloween, and I agree with you wholeheartedly that it's even more important now than ever for our kids to remain kids -- and do "kid things" -- as long as we can help to let them. I simply forget about it because I've pretty much always lived in the boonies. Maybe this year I'll go into town to help my granny pass out candy to the kids in her neighborhood. That might be nice... she can't see, so she might want someone there with her with all the activity and whatnot.

I don't care much for Christmas because of what it has come to mean in the U.S. in particular. It's all about spending money on a bunch of crap that nobody needs. I despise that mindset. My favorite holiday is Independence Day, with Memorial Day and Veteran's Day coming in at a tie for second. I always do something to celebrate Independence Day, and quietly contemplate heavier issues and mourn the loss of a dear friend of mine who was KIA in 2009 on Veteran's Day and Memorial Day.

Riceme, I know what you mean about the commercial aspects of Christmas. What I like least is all the commercials... and goofy songs like Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer.

I like the traditional music like the Little Drummer Boy and Bing Crosby singing White Christmas. Every Christmas Eve, the whole family would gather in Mom & Dad's house in Pensacola (the one we own now and the one we'll retire to), we would have a grand meal and Dad would always have a fire in the fireplace... even running the air conditioner one time to cool it down enough to have a fire. Memories and pictures from those gatherings are precious to me.

Of course, we celebrate Independence, Memorial and Veterans days as well. Nothing can take away from those days. I used to have a globe-trotting neighbor that made it a point to be home on July 4th... just to make sure I didn't burn his house down with fireworks... we kinda went overboard...

riceme wrote:Oh trust me it's not at all that I have anything against Halloween, and I agree with you wholeheartedly that it's even more important now than ever for our kids to remain kids -- and do "kid things" -- as long as we can help to let them. I simply forget about it because I've pretty much always lived in the boonies. Maybe this year I'll go into town to help my granny pass out candy to the kids in her neighborhood. That might be nice... she can't see, so she might want someone there with her with all the activity and whatnot.

I don't care much for Christmas because of what it has come to mean in the U.S. in particular. It's all about spending money on a bunch of crap that nobody needs. I despise that mindset. My favorite holiday is Independence Day, with Memorial Day and Veteran's Day coming in at a tie for second. I always do something to celebrate Independence Day, and quietly contemplate heavier issues and mourn the loss of a dear friend of mine who was KIA in 2009 on Veteran's Day and Memorial Day.

I think thats a great idea rice. I hope you do it. If good people like you dont participate who will? I know you will have fun, its a lot of fun and kids sometimes just need to be kids without all the pressures of adultness.

Christmas is such a special time here at my house and in my family. and it has nothing to do with gifts. That was up to me to teach them a difference. Its also up to you to change how you view it.

I'm not wealthy and cant buy my kids 4 wheelers for christmas, no would I think its ok to do so. Go in debt for that. I am against that.

Christmas allows me the chance to re-afirm to my family that giving to another is the greatest gift of all. It is the spirit of all life on the planet.

When people talk about being conservative or charity givers etc, I understand that as it is the way i have chosen to live. surprising enough it is why you dont see me wear jewlry or own extravagant things. Not because I am not sucessful, I am. But because my heart knows and understand the true joy of giving. that is my gift. My gift is being able to give.

I see the world as a mostly selfish place and sometimes I am just an asshole about it. But all people around me know what i value and some here may know it.

Im not by any means dictating to you about being active. and I dont want you to think that. To be honest, I dont really know your stance on many issues, you get a auto pass from me because your pretty. Very Happy

Yes, as deep as i can be, i also am shallow.

Sometimes, even the wind messes up your hair Neutral

and I love you even when your messy Smile

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Every year family and friends gather at my house for Halloween. We usually have about 30 people for a supper and then the younger adults take all the kids Trick or treating. Then it's back to my house for candy checking, sorting, and candy eating. This is followed by dessert and cocktails.

This year, however, we will be having the gathering at my daughter's house. I will make a huge pot of spaghetti and meatballs.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

They all sound great! Happiest days were when I had my daughters home and could dress them (and myself) up.

I loved making the homemade costumes beginning months ahead.

Now? I'm reduced to dressing up the dog, but still love all holidays.

Joanimaroni wrote:Every year family and friends gather at my house for Halloween. We usually have about 30 people for a supper and then the younger adults take all the kids Trick or treating. Then it's back to my house for candy checking, sorting, and candy eating. This is followed by dessert and cocktails.

This year, however, we will be having the gathering at my daughter's house. I will make a huge pot of spaghetti and meatballs.

Joanie, I know you are a good citizen. You have lovley children and this doesnt surprise me. There should be more like you IMHO.

Storm, I seen the funniest dog costume ever, Ill try and find it and show you. I always loved dressing my maddie up in her bikini he he

Hope we all find our inner child, enjoy life sweet people its all we got sexy's

kiss kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YiW5Z0fr-Q&feature=endscreen&NR=1

We were youth group leaders at our church (Whoda thunk it?).

Every Halloween, we would have a haunted hay ride in the woods that the church owned. We had the kinda stuff Chrissy mentioned... fog machines, strobes, witches with bubbling cauldrons, a car wreck with bodies, skeletons that came down out of the trees, a mad doctor with body parts laid out on the table and a bunch of stuffed dummies... some of which were passed once without them moving, and on the way out, they got up and gave chase. I would have a glow-in-the-dark Jason mask, bibbed overalls, and a running chain saw without the blade.

Most kids were impressed. One guy was sitting at the rear of the hay wagon and had a "so-what" look on his face when I came after them with the chain saw. You should have seen the look on his face change when I touched his thigh with the running chain saw bar! It was pure fright. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Last edited by Yomama on 10/27/2012, 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

no stress

no stress

My dad used to do up his house for halloween and we would all go over there and pass out candy and watch him scare the kids with his costume. He passed earlier this year and I think I'll just sit home and watch scary movies. I know stormie had a rough time when her dad passed but it seems like everytime I turn around I see something that reminds me of him and I get sad again. I hope everybody else has a fantastic halloween though.

I'm sorry gunz... It's been several years now that I lost my Dad. I miss and think about him all the time.

no stress

no stress

PkrBum wrote:I'm sorry gunz... It's been several years now that I lost my Dad. I miss and think about him all the time.

Thanks PKRB

Gunz wrote:My dad used to do up his house for halloween and we would all go over there and pass out candy and watch him scare the kids with his costume. He passed earlier this year and I think I'll just sit home and watch scary movies. I know stormie had a rough time when her dad passed but it seems like everytime I turn around I see something that reminds me of him and I get sad again. I hope everybody else has a fantastic halloween though.

If it was fun for you, and fun for the kids, it would be a tribute to him if you carried on the tradition. Just a thought from another guy who has lost his dad. Life goes on... make the best of it.

Gunz wrote:My dad used to do up his house for halloween and we would all go over there and pass out candy and watch him scare the kids with his costume. He passed earlier this year and I think I'll just sit home and watch scary movies. I know stormie had a rough time when her dad passed but it seems like everytime I turn around I see something that reminds me of him and I get sad again. I hope everybody else has a fantastic halloween though.

Gunz,

When my mom passed almost 5 years ago, I was sure that the people here were purposly bringing up moms and stuff to get me.

I hug with the greatest hug of all, may you get some peace from knowing you have a freind who cares about you and the way things are... I love you

Yomama wrote:

If it was fun for you, and fun for the kids, it would be a tribute to him if you carried on the tradition. Just a thought from another guy who has lost his dad. Life goes on... make the best of it.

I agree, Love lives on in tradition

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Oh Gunz, I am so horribly sorry. It's a difficult thing to work through, for sure, but you will. It takes time and yes, the holidays are tough, but I think of mine daily and bit by bit there are more happy memories that lessen the pain.

I wish the very same for you.

God love our Dads..........and Moms. Words fail when we try to describe what they meant to us.

Hugs, thoughts and all good wishes are with you. Know that.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Yomama wrote:We got these Mohawk thingies and decided to go to a Halloween party as indians... Fuckowie indians. (Lost... Where the Fuckowie?)

For a second I thought you guys belonged to the Mayoki Indians......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I like Halloween because I get to munch on all of the leftover candy. Plus. I get to tease the granddkids about stealing candy from their bags.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I like Halloween because I get to munch on all of the leftover candy. Plus. I get to tease the granddkids about stealing candy from their bags.

LIFE IS FULL OF A BUNCH OF SHIT< ITS OUR JOB TO FIND ALL THE GOOD CANDY CORN< QUOTE BY CHRISSY

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum