Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Halloween

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Halloween Empty Halloween 11/2/2014, 5:09 pm

2seaoat

My wife and I enjoyed handing out candy as my daughter and her husband walked the girls around, and my son and his wife walked the boys around. I was bothered that the local fire department had their truck driving around already crowded streets with parked cars. The would stop, blow the siren and kids would come running. Most kids were accompanied by parents, but many were not, and kids were dodging in between parked cars as traffic was moving slowly, but it was definitely unbelievably dangerous. I do not want to make a big deal about this, but it is dangerous. I know the kids liked it and the fireman were enjoying the kids, but the big rig left little room for cars to pass and there were many parked cars. I feel lucky that my grandchildren were supervised, but when you are watching young kids dodging cars between parked cars focused only on that fire engine......damn it was lucky nobody got killed.

2Halloween Empty Re: Halloween 11/2/2014, 5:43 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:My wife and I enjoyed handing out candy as my daughter and her husband walked the girls around, and my son and his wife walked the boys around.  I was bothered that the local fire department had their truck driving around already crowded streets with parked cars.   The would stop, blow the siren and kids would come running.   Most kids were accompanied by parents, but many were not, and kids were dodging in between parked cars as traffic was moving slowly, but it was definitely unbelievably dangerous.  I do not want to make a big deal about this, but it is dangerous.   I know the kids liked it and the fireman were enjoying the kids, but the big rig left little room for cars to pass and there were many parked cars.  I feel lucky that my grandchildren were supervised, but when you are watching young kids dodging cars between parked cars focused only on that fire engine......damn it was lucky nobody got killed.

Why were the cars parked in the street? That is dangerous with kids wslking and dsrting between them. In Gulf Breeze....one neighborhood pays the police to block off their streets and it is foot trffic only into and out. Everyone decorates and they had out massive amounts of candy to all kids coming to their neighborhood.

Tiger Point.....most vehicles on the strret are golf carts....safer than cars. We had 14 kids at my daughter's and with parents and grandparents we had 30 people in all.

3Halloween Empty Re: Halloween 11/2/2014, 6:08 pm

2seaoat

We probably had over a hundred kids stop for treats. There were times in the past where I could count the kids on one hand who came to the door. I think my daughter's subdivisions is one of those subdivisions where people drive their kids and park the car. The sidewalks were filled with kids. It was a joyful interaction with the kids coming to the door and the grandkids.

I just think the firemen had a brain fart. They could have set the firetruck in a stationary position in front of the school, but instead they would drive a block and park it in the street and kids from both sides of the street would go to get candy. Very dangerous.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum