Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thanks Navy guys.....

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Thanks Navy guys..... Empty Thanks Navy guys..... 10/15/2012, 8:54 am

Long time ago I got stranded in southern Japan. Some times the best made plans of mice and men sometimes go astray. I was hanging around a little airfield trying to figure out a way to get back to where I belonged before my leave ran out.
These Navy guys flew in and someone told them I was looking for a ride. I talked to them and they were leaving in the AM and could get me close to where I needed to be. I was a E-4 army at that time. They took me to eat with them and bought my supper. The next morning we loaded up and they let me ride in the "jump"?" seat between them. It was really really neat. They flew me to Tachikawa. They told the tower they were going to shoot a touch and go. They gave me a flight manifest with just my name on it and when they got to the end of the runway I jumped out and they threw my bag to me. When I was walking back to the terminal they flew over and wiggled the wings of the plane. I was 100 feet tall. Every one asked'who in the hell is that Army guy that had a navy plane fly him in?" Just another "I remember when story"....Be neat if they every read this. Stranger things have happened.

[img]Thanks Navy guys..... 2ib2gkn[/img]

2Thanks Navy guys..... Empty Re: Thanks Navy guys..... 10/15/2012, 9:06 am

You should have told them, "I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you." LOL

3Thanks Navy guys..... Empty Re: Thanks Navy guys..... 10/15/2012, 9:09 am

An old C-1 - I've ridden in several of those including a few cat shots and carrier landings! The thing was a real workhorse. The Lexington had a C-1 called the Blue Ghost when I was stationed on the ship. I was being flown to Wash DC and the pilot let me fly the bird for about an hour. Pretty easy to fly. Thanks for the memory!

4Thanks Navy guys..... Empty Re: Thanks Navy guys..... 10/15/2012, 9:23 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Great story man. Thanks for sharing...kind of makes you happy when others care enough to help someone that will never be able to pay them back with anything but thanks and a smile...

5Thanks Navy guys..... Empty Re: Thanks Navy guys..... 10/15/2012, 11:34 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Thanks Navy guys..... Us_nav10

6Thanks Navy guys..... Empty Re: Thanks Navy guys..... 10/15/2012, 12:59 pm

Great story... love it! Thanks, hg.

7Thanks Navy guys..... Empty Re: Thanks Navy guys..... 10/15/2012, 6:35 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I am a little partial, myself, to Navy guys.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum