Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Florida Passes Plan For Racially-Based Academic Goals

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --Barack
Obama, speaking at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon. Obama
continues on to say his staff would not justify visiting Hawaii and Alaska.

That's the same as misspelling simple words every day?
No but I just had to do it. I am giving Pacedog some respect because I liked what he said.. I didn't want it taken away by a fly in what was otherwise good soup...

Uh...what does what Pacedog said have to do w/ this? You may not put a lot of credence in writing properly but it is a deal breaker in this world for many things. If you can write properly, you'll go a lot further than someone who just can't do math. I throw resumes in the trash when people send them poorly written w/ misspelled words in my profession. It is critical when you're a professional. I'm not talking about typos either.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well we are not spending hours preparing a resume here on the forum. We are relaxed and just communicating on a lot of different subjects. I admit it is important to a point to be grammatically correct but just like anything else when you start stressing rules over enjoyment it becomes a lot less fun. That is what we are here for. A little playing around with thoughts ideas and events....

Use kin undestand usuelly wut mos peolpes right anywey: purdy whell.

Floridatexan wrote:
Rogue wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Asians are not of this earth...they were put here by a superior race...give the rest of us time we will dumb them down.....

looks like they are saying it's because of their environment anyway not a natural dimness.

“Our kids, although they come from different socioeconomic backgrounds,
they still have the ability to learn,” Lopez said. “To dumb down the
expectations for one group, that seems a little unfair.

so lower expectations for poor kids, what do you think that will do?

I think it will kill drive in these kids to over acheive to better thier cicumstance. many of poor kids do well, or have done well.

this seems to me they think they are trying to level the playing feild. but what they are doing is ruining the playing feild.

not only that, this is going to cause some strife within the races. you watch

What's your excuse?

I do pretty well thank you. Probaly better than you. so shove it. guess you couldnt participate in the conversation so you felt the need to beat on me. Thats ok, we all know your hate has a reason LOL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well we are not spending hours preparing a resume here on the forum. We are relaxed and just communicating on a lot of different subjects. I admit it is important to a point to be grammatically correct but just like anything else when you start stressing rules over enjoyment it becomes a lot less fun. That is what we are here for. A little playing around with thoughts ideas and events....

Use kin undestand usuelly wut mos peolpes right anywey: purdy whell.

I think this is thier sole form of self esteem. They take writing properly on the internet pretty serious. They are the internet police What a Face

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Asians are not of this earth...they were put here by a superior race...give the rest of us time we will dumb them down.....

looks like they are saying it's because of their environment anyway not a natural dimness.

“Our kids, although they come from different socioeconomic backgrounds,
they still have the ability to learn,” Lopez said. “To dumb down the
expectations for one group, that seems a little unfair.

Environment has a lot to do with ability and prior experiences even before a student makes it to kindergarten. There are kids from families who have no clue of how to hold a pencil, pen, or crayon even before they get to their first structured school setting. They have no idea of how to open a book and less of an idea that the letters on the page contain actual language they should begin to understand. They do not know in which direction to turn the page to read said book. Why? They are not exposed to it before their formal school years begin and that is sad and disgusting. I've did home instruction for kids who lived in trailers in the Allentown and Jay areas of Santa Rosa County where there were large holes in the floor that showed the ground underneath what they called home, yet they had a nice stereo and Nintendo (dating my experience here in the early 90s) with a TV better than the one I had at home. There was little to no artwork on the walls, but a giant Confederate Battle Flag was displayed across the living room wall as you entered. One house I went to in Floridatown had no sheetrock or insulation on the walls in the entire house. The floor was concrete with a few throw rugs scattered about here and there.

How are kids like those from the places mentioned above going to compete with the kid from Stonebrook who has a computer, Ipod, trips across the country during the summer etc? How are those kids from the aforementioned areas that have parents who are barely literate supposed to compete with those who have college graduate parents and both of those parents still in the same household? Poverty is a neutralizer of ability because it denies experiences and opportunities to kids who grow up in it. Each social class has its own experiences and mannerisms as well. You might have a kid that can excel despite their conditions and ends up being able to make a ton of money, but what happens when they are invited to a formal dinner and don't know which fork to eat with at different courses of the meal? And when said kid does make it big, he/she ends up having to choose between the lifestyle they left and the one there are experiencing which is giving them their "bread and butter" now.

Everyone who thinks that this is a bad thing needs to read the books by Ruby Payne and the challenges of not just educating people of lower socioeconomic status, but how you make them successful in the jump from poverty to middle class and beyond. It's not as easy as you think and that is one of the reasons why you see a lot of pro athletes broke at the end of 10-15 year careers when they made in excess of 100 million dollars.

What's wrong with stonebrook kids having nice stuff? Their parents worked harder than the kids parents from oh, let's say pensacola village.

Dreamsglore wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --Barack

No but I just had to do it. I am giving Pacedog some respect because I liked what he said.. I didn't want it taken away by a fly in what was otherwise good soup...

Uh...what does what Pacedog said have to do w/ this? You may not put a lot of credence in writing properly but it is a deal breaker in this world for many things. If you can write properly, you'll go a lot further than someone who just can't do math. I throw resumes in the trash when people send them poorly written w/ misspelled words in my profession. It is critical when you're a professional. I'm not talking about typos either.

Dreams,

PUHLEEASE forgive me for making a spelling error on an internet forum after having worked the last seven days straight and the last two involving 12 hour days. I did not know that Grammar Nazis would be patrolling the forum nitpicking everything everyone does regarding written communication. I am sure you are so perfect. I can put you in touch with my last professor at UWF who graded my latest grad level research paper and awarded me a 94 on 20+ written pages. He can vouch for my ability to write on a highly technical level when required to do so. Other than that, you can kiss my arse with that potty mouth you have.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Dreams,

PUHLEEASE forgive me for making a spelling error on an internet forum after having worked the last seven days straight and the last two involving 12 hour days. I did not know that Grammar Nazis would be patrolling the forum nitpicking everything everyone does regarding written communication. I am sure you are so perfect. I can put you in touch with my last professor at UWF who graded my latest grad level research paper and awarded me a 94 on 20+ written pages. He can vouch for my ability to write on a highly technical level when required to do so. Other than that, you can kiss my arse with that potty mouth you have.

She is perfect. Ask any of her ex husbands.

The final result, he said, is that some children won’t get the same educational attention due to the color of their skin.

“If you’re an African-American or Hispanic student, the first message is: ‘I don’t have to do that well,’” he said. “There’s clearly a negative message being sent to kids based on what racial or ethnic groups they belong to.”

A better indicator of potential academic performance, McCluskey said, is perhaps income rather than race.

“We’re talking about unique, individual kids,” he said. “We have to get to a system that deals with students as individuals, not as members of groups, which means attaching funding to students themselves and letting the parents choose any school they want.”

Any time race is mentioned regarding education, people become rightfully sensitive and concerned, Andy Ford, president of the Florida Education Association, told FoxNews.com. But recognizing that not all students are on equal ground is a key part of the puzzle, he said.

“It’s really an opportunity gap that we’re looking at,” Ford said. ‘This is just a recognition of where kids are today. I would like to live in world where race and economic status do not matter, but we’re not there yet as a society.”

Another national education official, meanwhile, disagreed with the new policy, saying it was well-intentioned but missed the mark.

“The intent is probably honorable, but the execution is kind of insensitive, perhaps to the very groups they are trying to help,” said Daniel Domenech, executive director of the American Association of School Administrators. “Certainly the intent to get some groups to higher standards should remain, but it does show a degree of insensitivity.”

Domenech suggested that the state reconsider and analyze a system that rewards the year-to-year growth of each student.

“The expectations should be the same for all students,” he said. “Let’s not dilute that powerful objective.”

Related Stories Company gives schools 'healthy makeovers' to help combat child obesity Obama's refusal to deport illegal aliens unconstitutional, say law professors New Mexico plan giving licenses to illegals to backfire in 2013, Governor Martinez warns

Recommended Stories •
Hillary's sinking ship

Biden: I’ve never ridden anywhere without teamsters

Shame on you, Harry Reid

Catholic bishops: Biden’s debate remark on contraception mandate not true

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/15/florida-ill-advised-plan-to-measure-students-by-race-riles-education-experts/?intcmp=trending#ixzz29R1CzheR

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Dreams,

It wasn't a spelling error. Just poor grammar and you are not forgiven. I take those things seriously. It is a s bad as kicking a dog.

Dreamsglore wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Florida Passes Plan For Racially-Based Academic Goals - Page 2 Is?m6MSEID-zb8yVQHUmJI-HhDQ1PBWCnd5hYMNvUPnqGs

Which is why I, and others like me, hire people like you to proof read and correct our work for us at a significantly lower wage bracket.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taADLPtyDb0

Laughing

Dreamsglore wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Dreams,

It wasn't a spelling error. Just poor grammar and you are not forgiven. I take those things seriously. It is a s bad as kicking a dog.

Florida Passes Plan For Racially-Based Academic Goals - Page 2 Is?PwUbWMeRnRx6JJrq4FRYlGF3PhhDUGrj7Ew3LbELkBY

Does this mean that you agree that the educational bar should not vary between the races as proposed and that all should held to the same standards when it comes to their education?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esp_hOlFqiM

Smile

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
continues on to say his staff would not justify visiting [url=/theme/859/hawaii.html]Hawaii[/url] and Alaska.

Dreams,

Florida Passes Plan For Racially-Based Academic Goals - Page 2 Is?PwUbWMeRnRx6JJrq4FRYlGF3PhhDUGrj7Ew3LbELkBY

Does this mean that you agree that the educational bar should not vary between the races as proposed and that all should held to the same standards when it comes to their education?

*****SMILE*****

Smile

she doesnt care about the topic, only attacking me. I write as good as any black person. She should leave me alone I grew up poor.

Rogue wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
continues on to say his staff would not justify visiting [url=/theme/859/hawaii.html]Hawaii[/url] and Alaska.

Dreams,

*****SMILE*****

Smile

she doesnt care about the topic, only attacking me. I write as good as any black person. She should leave me alone I grew up poor.

Florida Passes Plan For Racially-Based Academic Goals - Page 2 Is?FsIWgtBcGWAl95Z-GmCEqw3sfQt9qSfET9eQ3x0LInc

I know that.

Funny how she fails to respond to questions about equality and fairness when they don't coincide with the convoluted agenda that she agrees with.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAkSIwaUaNc

Smile

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Dreams,

*****SMILE*****

Smile

Florida Passes Plan For Racially-Based Academic Goals - Page 2 Is?FsIWgtBcGWAl95Z-GmCEqw3sfQt9qSfET9eQ3x0LInc

I know that.

Funny how she fails to respond to questions about equality and fairness when they don't coincide with the convoluted agenda that she agrees with.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAkSIwaUaNc

Smile

Exactly.

Dreamsglore wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Dreams,

Whatever bat winger. You wouldn't last 5 minutes in my classroom. I will bet my November check on it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum