This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

House Passes President Cancer's Healthcare Plan

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39809168




Remember the date and remember that karma is a bitch.

View user profile
I'm gonna save up so that in 2018 I can donate to every opponent of every vulnerable Republican who voted for this fucking thing, in my state or otherwise.

Payback's going to be a mother.

View user profile
zsomething wrote:I'm gonna save up so that in 2018 I can donate to every opponent of every vulnerable Republican who voted for this fucking thing, in my state or otherwise.

Payback's going to be a mother.







Buy a big basket so that all their heads can roll into it. Twisted Evil

View user profile

The thing is that 90% or more of what he says is random and means next to nothing. I usually mute the sound on the TV if he is speaking. It is unadulterated BS that will shortly be contradicted either by himself or some member of his team cleaning up behind him that is it not worth paying attention to.

View user profile
othershoe1030 wrote:

The thing is that 90% or more of what he says is random and means next to nothing. I usually mute the sound on the TV if he is speaking. It is unadulterated BS that will shortly be contradicted either by himself or some member of his team cleaning up behind him that is it not worth paying attention to.

Good point OS, he has lost what little credibility he ever had long ago . . . . which is problematic especially if a real world crisis occurs. What he says has no meaning whatsoever . . . . . . instead of respecting the office he simply dreams grandiose fantasies.

View user profile
Nothing has really happened... it's just the process. Purposefully contentious and fluid.

Take some deep breaths.

View user profile
othershoe1030 wrote:

The thing is that 90% or more of what he says is random and means next to nothing. I usually mute the sound on the TV if he is speaking. It is unadulterated BS that will shortly be contradicted either by himself or some member of his team cleaning up behind him that is it not worth paying attention to.

After a lot of conservatives got excited by Sarah Palin, I used to joke that they'd elect an eggplant if it said "Jesus" enough times.

Now I'm not so sure I was joking.  Or that saying "Jesus" is even as necessary as I figured on.   Just have some people around you that have some Jesus-cred and they'll let you get away with obviously faking it.  "Two Corinthians walk into a bar..."

(they order wine, the bartender says, "Sorry, they pulled my license, all I've got is water."  The Corinthians wink and say, "That's okay, we know a guy."  *rimshot!*)

I really thought Dubya was going to be the most absurdly stupid president in my lifetime, but he looks like Stephen Hawking compared to Trump.  At least Dubya was sane and took the job seriously, even if he was terrible at it.  Trump is like some fatass toddler in there, not getting that the job's anything more than people patting him on the back.  He doesn't get the gravity of it at all.  He's not even a goddamn grown-up.   He's going around saying, "I'm the president, can you believe it?" because he can't believe it, either.  He's got just enough sense to know that he seriously doesn't belong there, but somehow people didn't get the joke and put him there.

It's surreal that people actually elected this guy.  Okay, I get it, they've spent decades subjected to aggressive propaganda training like a troupe of dancing spaniels to hate Hillary, but... come aaaaahhhhhnnn, dude, there has to be a limit to what you'll do out of hate.   Some alternatives just aren't acceptable even if you loathe the alternative.  I mean, I hated Romney, but you give me a choice between Romney and some headcase playing with his own poop behind the 7-11, I'd pick Romney.  I wouldn't be happy about my choice, but it'd still be a really easy one.  

It's embarrassing now.  Not only that we have an intellectually-stunted mental case in the White House, but that we have a population that elected him.  That is the real problem.  Trump's just one guy, but the hoardes that put him there, 19% of the population... what can you do about that?  If you're dumb enough to do that, I have to wonder what else can you be tricked into.  Sending money to exiled Ethiopian princes, what?   We can't maintain a society with that level of ignorance.

We, essentially, don't have a president right now.  This guy is non-functioning.  His credibility is zero.   Either he lies and doesn't care, or he's so out of touch with reality that he actually believes what he's saying, which is even worse.  He's not leading, because he can't.  He doesn't even want to, really, he just wants the spotlight -- and any credit -- while somebody else does the work.  He just tweets stuff, he looks for praise, he tries to set up situations where he'll get applause, and that's really all there is to it -- a preoccupation with attention and a complete neglect of the lives his actions are affecting.   He doesn't know what's going on, and he doesn't even care beyond "do they love me or not?"  

He stirs up paranoia against immigrants, but I guaranfugginteeya that he couldn't pass a basic citizenship test if you spotted him half the answers.  And I'm not even joking.   Hell, if you handed him the test he'd probably try to eat it.

View user profile
People from Mississippi are so like the little girl with the curl. Zsomething is very, VERY good. Very Happy

View user profile
Telstar wrote:People from Mississippi are so like the little girl with the curl. Zsomething is very, VERY good. Very Happy

Thanks, I try! Smile

View user profile
Zsomething, right on for sure. It is surreal to have a person like him in the WH. This article is not alone in kicking around the idea that our leader is endangering the country, if not the world. The article does go on to say that the person who developed the criteria for narcissistic personality disorder for the PDR does not think 45 meets the requirements set but plenty of others disagree. At any rate it is mind blowing.

Is Donald Trump mentally unwell, and if so, should anything be done about it? If you’re psychologist John Gartner, the answer to that question is such a resounding “yes” that the obvious response is an online petition summoning your colleagues to demand Trump's removal from office.

Gartner, who spent 20 years at Johns Hopkins and now practices privately, has accrued more than 25,000 signatures on his petition, which addresses U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.). Whether or not any, all or most of the signatories are indeed mental health professionals has not been confirmed. The text of the petition, posted at Change.org, is brief:

We, the undersigned mental health professionals (please state your degree), believe in our professional judgment that Donald Trump manifests a serious mental illness that renders him psychologically incapable of competently discharging the duties of President of the United States. And we respectfully request he be removed from office, according to article 3 of the 25th amendment to the Constitution, which states that the president will be replaced if he is “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office.”

Much of the debate around the public “armchair diagnosis” of someone a mental health professional has never met splits into two broad arguments. First is the stance that relying on a mental illness diagnosis to argue against Trump’s fitness to govern is facile, stigmatizing and inappropriate. It implies that the mental illness per se disqualifies him, rather than his temperament or personal qualities.

After all, many of Trump's attributes aren’t signposts to mental illness. They certainly may be signposts to an unpleasant personality. Plenty of people who don’t have a diagnosable mental health condition are total jerks. Even if Trump were to have the condition that most people apply to him, which is narcissistic personality disorder (NPD), those with that diagnosis do not by default serve as a beacon to white nationalists or brag about “grabbing women by the pussy.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/emilywillingham/2017/02/19/psychologist-calls-on-colleagues-to-sign-petition-for-trumps-removal/#56cc446364f3

View user profile
Gawd... lol. It's y'all that are pathological.

View user profile
What's funny is that the Senate has been working on a separate bill that's much more likely to pass.

But don't tell anybody... we wouldn't want to interrupt hysteria... lol.

View user profile
zsomething wrote:I really thought Dubya was going to be the most absurdly stupid president in my lifetime, but he looks like Stephen Hawking compared to Trump.  At least Dubya was sane and took the job seriously, even if he was terrible at it.  Trump is like some fatass toddler in there, not getting that the job's anything more than people patting him on the back.  He doesn't get the gravity of it at all.  He's not even a goddamn grown-up.   He's going around saying, "I'm the president, can you believe it?" because he can't believe it, either.  He's got just enough sense to know that he seriously doesn't belong there, but somehow people didn't get the joke and put him there.

It's surreal that people actually elected this guy.  Okay, I get it, they've spent decades subjected to aggressive propaganda training like a troupe of dancing spaniels to hate Hillary, but... come aaaaahhhhhnnn, dude, there has to be a limit to what you'll do out of hate.   Some alternatives just aren't acceptable even if you loathe the alternative.  I mean, I hated Romney, but you give me a choice between Romney and some headcase playing with his own poop behind the 7-11, I'd pick Romney.  I wouldn't be happy about my choice, but it'd still be a really easy one.  

It's embarrassing now.  Not only that we have an intellectually-stunted mental case in the White House, but that we have a population that elected him.  That is the real problem.  Trump's just one guy, but the hoardes that put him there, 19% of the population... what can you do about that?  If you're dumb enough to do that, I have to wonder what else can you be tricked into.  Sending money to exiled Ethiopian princes, what?   We can't maintain a society with that level of ignorance.

We, essentially, don't have a president right now.  This guy is non-functioning.  His credibility is zero.   Either he lies and doesn't care, or he's so out of touch with reality that he actually believes what he's saying, which is even worse.  He's not leading, because he can't.  He doesn't even want to, really, he just wants the spotlight -- and any credit -- while somebody else does the work.  He just tweets stuff, he looks for praise, he tries to set up situations where he'll get applause, and that's really all there is to it -- a preoccupation with attention and a complete neglect of the lives his actions are affecting.   He doesn't know what's going on, and he doesn't even care beyond "do they love me or not?"  

He stirs up paranoia against immigrants, but I guaranfugginteeya that he couldn't pass a basic citizenship test if you spotted him half the answers.  And I'm not even joking.   Hell, if you handed him the test he'd probably try to eat it.

This is really good post—it's well written and looks like you spent some time on it. I wish the dimwits on the right could post like this instead of just hurling invective. Most of them are too stupid, I suppose.

But…   I gotta take issue with a couple of your points:

First, I don’t think either Bush II or Trump is stupid. They both went to damn good elite, private universities—you can’t get into Yale or Fordham if your SAT scores are sub-normal, no matter how much money your daddy has, and it’s pretty well accepted that SAT scores are a reasonable indicator of general intelligence.

Bush got a B.A. in History from Yale, a degree which requires a heavy load of both reading and writing. Sure, he could have had someone else write his papers, but he still had to take exams and back then a lot of them were blue book tests that required a degree of on-the-spot verbal and analytical intelligence. He later got an MBA from Harvard which demands a high level of logical-mathematical intelligence. Just the Statistics and Probability load alone is enough to render any normal human insensible.

Trump went to both Fordham and Wharton. Fordham is a Jesuit school and, by personal experience, I know Jesuits are very demanding of serious scholarship—you can’t bullshit your way through a Jesuit school. He transferred to the Wharton School of Business which requires a lot of the same stuff Harvard does.  

He’s got serious emotional problems and a severe personality disorder but he ain’t stupid. He’s also got a high degree of raw animal cunning which is another kind of intelligence, I suppose.

Secondly, I don’t thinks it’s at all surreal that Trump got elected, he tapped into something the Democrats failed to grasp. His being President seems surreal but his getting elected seems, in hindsight, perfectly understandable.

Remember, the same hordes that elected Trump, put Obama in office. Twice. Did they somehow turn dumb between elections? I think not. The Dems failed to turn out the white working-class voters who went for Obama and the data supports this conclusion.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article147475484.html

Trump won because Hillary couldn't turn out the Obama voters, not because the Trump voters are ignorant. She lost three critical states--states Obama won, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin—by 1% or less. Trump didn’t win the election, Hillary lost it. The Clintons are now toxic and unless the Democratic party shuns them, they are going to lose more House and Senate seats in 2018.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
'Go F*ck Yourselves’: Bill Maher Goes Off on ‘Liberal Purists’ Who Didn’t Vote for Clinton

With President Donald Trump‘s first 100 days out of the way, Bill Maher tonight asked “liberal purists” how they feel now about decrying Hillary Clinton as “the lesser of two evils.”

“Quite a bit lesser,” he observed, “wouldn’t you say now?”

He pointed to comments made by Jill Stein and Cornel West saying that either a Trump or Clinton presidency would be a disaster. But Maher argued that a lot of the things liberals are up in arms about in the era of Trump wouldn’t have even been an issue if Clinton won (the Supreme Court, for instance).

Maher even singled out Edward Snowden‘s (since-deleted) tweet that read, “2016: a choice between Donald Trump and Goldman Sachs.” He pointed out that Trump has chosen people from Goldman for his administration.

And he followed up with this comment for people who said Clinton was “just as evil”:

“Just wait until the 5 to 4 decisions start rolling in, gutting unions, making it harder for minorities to vote, siding with polluters, overturning abortion rights. Then maybe you’ll join me in saying to the liberal purists: Go fuck yourselves with a locally-grown organic cucumber.”

Watch above, via HBO.




http://www.mediaite.com/tv/go-fck-yourselves-bill-maher-goes-off-on-liberal-purists-who-didnt-vote-for-clinton/

View user profile
Bill Maher is full of shit and his snarky, superior tone alienates just about every demographic the Democrats need to win elections.

Trump wasn't elected because "liberal purists" didn't vote for Hillary. He was elected because Hillary failed to articulate any vision for America other than "Look how bad Trump is!" She lost because she couldn't capture the white working-class that put Obama in office for two terms.

SHE is the primary reason we're stuck with this idiot, not "liberal purists". The Clintons are toxic for the Democratic party now and if she had a particle of decency she'd get out of the public eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubhlZF4tpg0

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

View user profile
Telstar wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!

You've perfectly captured the reaction of 90% of America to anything that conceited schmuck, Bill Maher, says.

Anthony Bourdain on Bill Maher:

Insufferably smug. Really the worst of the smug, self-congratulatory left. I have a low opinion of him. I did not have an enjoyable experience on his show. Not a show I plan to do again. He’s a classic example of the smirking, contemptuous, privileged guy who lives in a bubble. And he is in no way looking to reach outside, or even look outside, of that bubble, in an empathetic way.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

View user profile
It's interesting that humans can be taught to ignore. The loss of critical thinking will likely be our undoing.

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:It's interesting that humans can be taught to ignore. The loss of critical thinking will likely be our undoing.

View user profile
del.capslock wrote:Bill Maher is full of shit and his snarky, superior tone alienates just about every demographic the Democrats need to win elections.

Trump wasn't elected because "liberal purists" didn't vote for Hillary. He was elected because Hillary failed to articulate any vision for America other than "Look how bad Trump is!" She lost because she couldn't capture the white working-class that put Obama in office for two terms.

SHE is the primary reason we're stuck with this idiot, not "liberal purists". The Clintons are toxic for the Democratic party now and if she had a particle of decency she'd get out of the public eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubhlZF4tpg0

That's not exactly why she lost. According to this she did capture the white working class votes. She rivaled Obama in 2012 in votes. It was a combination of things that helped her lose.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/why-hillary-lost-the-great-american-lie_us_584da08ce4b0151082221ca2

View user profile
Vikingwoman wrote:That's not exactly why she lost. According to this she did capture the white working class votes. She rivaled Obama in 2012 in votes. It was a combination of things that helped her lose.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/why-hillary-lost-the-great-american-lie_us_584da08ce4b0151082221ca2

With all due respect, that article is from February and is from a distinctly pro-Hillary source, HuffPo. I like HuffPo but not this article.

Please read the more recent--1 May--McClatchy article that I linked to in one of the above posts. It's based on new, hard data. Let me quote the opening paragraph:

WASHINGTON
A select group of top Democratic Party strategists have used new data about last year’s presidential election to reach a startling conclusion about why Hillary Clinton lost. Now they just need to persuade the rest of the party they’re right.


Give the whole article a serious read and let me know what you think. Here's the link again:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article147475484.html

McClatchy is highly regarded in journalistic circles as unbiased. You can skim the site and see for yourself.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
Vikingwoman wrote:
del.capslock wrote:Bill Maher is full of shit and his snarky, superior tone alienates just about every demographic the Democrats need to win elections.

Trump wasn't elected because "liberal purists" didn't vote for Hillary. He was elected because Hillary failed to articulate any vision for America other than "Look how bad Trump is!" She lost because she couldn't capture the white working-class that put Obama in office for two terms.

SHE is the primary reason we're stuck with this idiot, not "liberal purists". The Clintons are toxic for the Democratic party now and if she had a particle of decency she'd get out of the public eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubhlZF4tpg0

That's not exactly why she lost. According to this she did capture the white working class votes. She rivaled Obama in 2012 in votes. It was a combination of things that helped her lose.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/why-hillary-lost-the-great-american-lie_us_584da08ce4b0151082221ca2






The right wing vermin have sent 25 years trying to bury Hillary and what does their party have to offer when it comes to women, bimbos and whores. Her chance for the White House may be over but she is still a good hammer to bash the deplorable swine with.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum