Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thank you, President Biden!

+5
Floridatexan
zsomething
Telstar
PkrBum
Sal
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 11]

51Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/20/2021, 9:06 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:Let’s also remember that Trump systematically hollowed out the State Department during his tenure, and Ted Cruz has put a blanket hold on all State Department and USAID nominations, including ambassadorships, which has led to dozens of key positions still unfilled.

That definitely doesn’t help in a situation like this.

It will take years and years to undo all the damage inflicted by the Trump administration and its supporters (like Skippy and Chuckles).

Hi Sal. I haven't been posting here as long as some of the Gannett forum members and PCooter natives, Who are Skippy and Chuckles?

Floridatexan likes this post

52Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/20/2021, 10:55 pm

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:
Sal wrote:Let’s also remember that Trump systematically hollowed out the State Department during his tenure, and Ted Cruz has put a blanket hold on all State Department and USAID nominations, including ambassadorships, which has led to dozens of key positions still unfilled.

It will take years and years to undo all the damage inflicted by the Trump administration and its supporters (like Skippy and Chuckles).

Apologists like you will NEVER acknowledge reality, so what? Biden is a flyweight career politician. Like his sycophants', you know, like you. And BTW loser, I don't believe I have ever been a Trumpet supporter. Prove me wrong Sally.

Wow. That’s as spectacularly lame a surrender as I’ve ever seen. Good job, or whatever you’re looking for.

lmao

Floridatexan and Telstar like this post

53Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/21/2021, 11:48 am

Sal

Sal

Thru yesterday, 20,000 people have been evacuated from Afghanistan, and the rate of evacuation had increased to between 4,000-5,000 a day.

At this rate, the evacuation could be complete by the end of the month.

Thank you, President Biden.

54Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/21/2021, 5:36 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-20/biden-assured-allies-in-june-u-s-would-ensure-kabul-s-stability

President Joe Biden told key allies in June that he would maintain enough of a security presence in Afghanistan to ensure they could continue to operate in the capital following the main U.S. withdrawal, a vow made before the Taliban’s rapid final push across the country, according to a British diplomatic memo seen by Bloomberg.

Biden promised U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson and other leaders at the Group of Seven summit in Cornwall, England, that “critical U.S. enablers” would remain in place to keep Kabul safe following the drawdown of NATO forces, the note said. British officials determined the U.S. would provide enough personnel to ensure that the U.K. embassy in Kabul could continue operating.

55Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/21/2021, 6:07 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Pkr_bu53

Floridatexan and zsomething like this post

56Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/23/2021, 9:57 am

Sal

Sal

Question for the dead-enders …

… now that 30,000+ have been successfully evacuated from Afghanistan, what’s the magic number that’ll make you change your tune?

40,000?

50,000??

Reports suggest that about 20,000 military age males with zero documentation are milling about the airport hoping to get out.

Should we take them too?

Just hoping for a little clarity.

Thanks!

57Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/23/2021, 11:02 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

Any and all US citizens, allied forces, and natives, including families, that provided support or assistance to allied forces. I'd also like to know who's braindead idea it was to pull the military before securing equipment and evacuating all applicable people. I highly doubt it was Biden. I don't think he could hold down a job at McDonald's... he sure as hell wouldn't get your order right.

Joanimaroni likes this post

58Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/23/2021, 12:06 pm

gatorfan

Sal wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

Apologists like you will NEVER acknowledge reality, so what? Biden is a flyweight career politician. Like his sycophants', you know, like you. And BTW loser, I don't believe I have ever been a Trumpet supporter. Prove me wrong Sally.

Wow. That’s as spectacularly lame a surrender as I’ve ever seen. Good job, or whatever you’re looking for.

lmao

Your cognitive deficit appears to be getting worse. Perhaps you should change doctors.

Floridatexan likes this post

59Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/23/2021, 12:20 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Any and all US citizens, allied forces, and natives, including families, that provided support or assistance to allied forces. I'd also like to know who's braindead idea it was to pull the military before securing equipment and evacuating all applicable people. I highly doubt it was Biden. I don't think he could hold down a job at McDonald's... he sure as hell wouldn't get your order right.

Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 F9827510

Floridatexan, Telstar and zsomething like this post

60Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/23/2021, 2:30 pm

Sal

Sal

37,000 evacuated, but who’s counting?

61Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/23/2021, 2:32 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Are you seriously unable to figure out which should happen first? Lol... useful idiot.

62Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/23/2021, 2:42 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Are you seriously unable to figure out which should happen first? Lol... useful idiot.

Are you suggesting that the Trump administration should’ve evacuated before surrendering to the Taliban?

https://news.yahoo.com/defeated-ourselves-trump-national-security-174603433.html

Rube.

63Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/23/2021, 3:03 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Biden had this for 7 months and ignored trump, military, and intelligence plans. He owns this in total idiot.

Who seriously thinks pulling military support is the first step? Be honest.

Joanimaroni likes this post

64Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/23/2021, 3:23 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Biden had this for 7 months and ignored trump, military, and intelligence plans. He owns this in total idiot.

Who seriously thinks pulling military support is the first step? Be honest.

Given the fact that Biden administration advised all Americans to get out by May, long before the fall of Kabul and closure of the airport, what exactly do you propose they should’ve done to force them to leave?

Given the fact that the Trump administration systematically hollowed out the State Department and intentionally hobbled the Special Immigrant Visa program, what exactly do you propose the Biden administration could’ve done to expedite the processing of refugees.

Be specific or fuck off, lightweight.

65Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/23/2021, 6:00 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Non sequitur bozo. Biden assured everyone that everything was fine and stable. Boosting that he'd set up the Afghan government to hold back the Taliban. That this wouldn't be a Saigon scenario. It's amazing how much you have to ignore to parrot TODAY'S dnc talkingpoints. If this hair brain "plan" had worked Biden and you would be celebrating his genius. He doesn't know wtf is going on... and neither do you shit for brains.

66Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/23/2021, 6:24 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Non sequitur bozo. Biden assured everyone that everything was fine and stable. Boosting that he'd set up the Afghan government to hold back the Taliban. That this wouldn't be a Saigon scenario. It's amazing how much you have to ignore to parrot TODAY'S dnc talkingpoints. If this hair brain "plan" had worked Biden and you would be celebrating his genius. He doesn't know wtf is going on... and neither do you shit for brains.

I know what’s going on … we’re finally getting the fuck out of Afghanistan, we’re successfully conducting by far the largest humanitarian evacuation in the history of human warfare, and you’ve found yourself on the wrong side of history sucking your thumb, yet again. Kind of a win, win, win if you ask me, douchebag.

67Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/23/2021, 7:45 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

No... you just know what you're told by the leftist talkingheads and your ruling elite. You can't even figure out for yourself the correct order of simple things. So you deny, deflect, distance, deride... none of which is based on fact or logic. You're carrying water for incompetence like a fool.

Taliban spokesperson Dr Suhail Shaheen said: "It's a red line. President Biden announced that on 31 August they would withdraw all their military forces. So if they extend it that means they are extending occupation while there is no need for that." He added: "If the US or UK were to seek additional time to continue evacuations - the answer is no. Or there would be consequences. It will create mistrust between us. If they are intent on continuing the occupation it will provoke a reaction."

68Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/23/2021, 8:44 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:No... you just know what you're told  by the leftist talkingheads and your ruling elite. You can't even figure out for yourself the correct order of simple things. So you deny, deflect, distance, deride... none of which is based on fact or logic. You're carrying water for incompetence like a fool.

Taliban spokesperson Dr Suhail Shaheen said: "It's a red line. President Biden announced that on 31 August they would withdraw all their military forces. So if they extend it that means they are extending occupation while there is no need for that." He added: "If the US or UK were to seek additional time to continue evacuations - the answer is no. Or there would be consequences. It will create mistrust between us. If they are intent on continuing the occupation it will provoke a reaction."

Guess what, you treasonous pig-headed piece is shit?

We don’t need an extension.

We are at 48,000 evacuated - 11,000 in the past twelve hours alone.

I won’t expect you to acknowledge this overwhelming triumph of logistics and pragmatism.

You’re too busy shitting your pants.

Carry on.

69Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/24/2021, 11:51 am

gatorfan

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:No... you just know what you're told  by the leftist talkingheads and your ruling elite. You can't even figure out for yourself the correct order of simple things. So you deny, deflect, distance, deride... none of which is based on fact or logic. You're carrying water for incompetence like a fool.

Guess what, you treasonous pig-headed piece is shit?

We don’t need an extension.

We are at 48,000 evacuated - 11,000 in the past twelve hours alone.

I won’t expect you to acknowledge this overwhelming triumph of logistics and pragmatism.

You’re too busy shitting your pants.

Carry on.

It seems Adam Schiff disagrees. “Given the number of Americans who still need to be evacuated, the number of SIVs, the number of others who are members of the Afghan press, civil society leaders women leaders. It's hard for me to imagine all of that can be accomplished between now and the end of the month,” Catch up to reality.

70Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/24/2021, 12:23 pm

Sal

Sal

64K evacuated.

The shortest measurable increment of time will be the gap between when these deadenders go from their “Biden isn’t evacuating enough people” takes to their “Biden is evacuating too many people” takes.

Beware the whiplash.

71Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/24/2021, 12:29 pm

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:
It seems Adam Schiff disagrees. “Given the number of Americans who still need to be evacuated, the number of SIVs, the number of others who are members of the Afghan press, civil society leaders women leaders. It's hard for me to imagine all of that can be accomplished between now and the end of the month,” Catch up to reality.

There are a lot of unknowables in a dynamic, fluid, and risky situation like this.

The one knowable fact in all of this is that if Trump were President, he wouldn’t give two shits about getting “ SIVs, … members of the Afghan press, civil society leaders and/or women leaders” out.

64K and counting.

Thank you, President Biden.

72Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/24/2021, 1:39 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

The Taliban is no longer allowing Afghan citizens past checkpoints to be evacuated.

Fuck em is the leftist narrative now? Make sure you get it right useful idiot.

73Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/24/2021, 2:20 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:The Taliban is no longer allowing Afghan citizens past checkpoints to be evacuated.

Yah, …

… dey gettin pizzed.

At this rate, there’s gonna be no one left to subjugate.

Sorry bout yer luck, idjit.

74Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/25/2021, 8:46 am

Sal

Sal

Since 8/14 - 82,300 evacuated.

Telstar likes this post

75Thank you, President Biden! - Page 3 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/25/2021, 4:20 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

zsomething wrote:

(Starts around the 46 minute mark if the gizmo I tried doesn't work)

Takeaways:

- he didn't throw as much blame on Trump as he could have.  Trump made a stupid "deal" with the Taliban out of his own vanity, and gave them concessions he shouldn't've, including freeing 5,000 of their fighters... including the guy who's leading them now.  And if that's not enough, he removed sanctions against them and unfroze their assets, which no doubt helped them be in the shape they were in to overrun the country so quickly.   https://time.com/5794643/trumps-disgraceful-peace-deal-taliban/  Trump did his usual "I like to have good relationships with America's enemies!" thing, same as his nonstop bootlicker act with Putin and his "rub my belly" fawning over Kim and his "it's okay to cut up our journalists" groveling to MBS, and went around the Afghan government to promise the Taliban things.  Leaving the government out of the loop, he even wanted to invite the Taliban to Camp David, the offer of which made them look like legitimate rulers on the international stage!  Why?  Because Trump is a simpleton who likes to trust promises from bad guys, because he needs "tough guys" to like him.  It's an old neuroses with him and he's helpless before it.   The "master negotiator" did what he always does -- gives his adversary a bunch of stuff and gets nothing but promises in return.   Fucking simp.

Biden could have and should have laid more blame at Trump for setting this up, but he chose not to because he's willing to take more responsibility for it than is even due him.  I get that he's trying not to split the country up (it's already gonna be split, anyway, because right-wingers have monetized division -- they've built a big entertainment industry on hate-thy-neighbor), but... I dunno, I'd've be harsher on the guy who handed him the situation.

- he admits the country fell apart more quickly than anticipated.  That's more of a concession of facts than you'd ever get out of Trump.  Honestly, Biden's failing there was to be optimistic at all.  He should've known that you're not going to get a bunch of warring tribes to act like a country. Not sure why he was so hopeful, but, guess that's how he is.  

-- He rightly says that the Afghan forces just gave up.  And that's on them.  They were trained -- for a generation they were trained --  they were equipped, and they made their choice to let their own country down... because they don't have one.  They just have a religion... and, like every religion, it's nothing but sects, all division, nothing unifying.

-- Hope he'll carry through with the humanitarian efforts and hold the Taliban accountable if they start any atrocities.  It's a bad situation, but Afghanistan's own government let them down as much as anyone.  They were given the means... and they did nothing with them.

-- He's right that more time, money, and American troop deaths would not have changed a thing.  This was never about nation-building, but the Afghan people had a chance to build a nation.  They discarded it.  (Biden's not saying that, but I am).  

- "The buck stops with me."  Can't even imagine Trump ever saying that, about anything.  

I agree with most of what you said, but it appears Trump left the Afghans up the creek without a paddle...pulled air support, leaving them demoralized. Here's an interview with David Petraeus. I know, I know...he's not who I would consult on this subject, mainly because he has a blind spot when he looks in the mirror. But read what he has to say.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/david-petraeus-on-american-mistakes-in-afghanistan

Also this:

Trump Reveals His Plan for Afghanistan Was to Abandon Our Troops and Allies - Psaki Reveals His Lies

August 25, 2021

"One of the problems that Joe Biden inherited from his predecessors when he became President was the two decades long war in Afghanistan. And he made it clear that he was determined to make certain that it wasn't handed down to another president.

Biden's goal was strewn with obstacles placed in his path by Donald Trump, whose abysmal deal with the Taliban has been lambasted by his own National Security Advisor as a "surrender agreement," that lifted all sanctions on the Taliban and freed 5,000 of their imprisoned fighters, including their leader.

Not one to be deterred by reality, Trump is still hammering away at Biden with blatantly dishonest representations of the situation now unfolding in Afghanistan. He released a statement on Tuesday via his spokes-shill, Liz Harrington (whose proxy Trump tweeting is violating Twitter's rules against circumventing a ban), that sound more like a madman on a street corner yelling at passing cars than a diplomat:

"Biden surrendered Afghanistan to terrorists and left thousands of Americans for dead by pulling out the Military before our citizens. Now we are learning that out of the 26,000 people who have been evacuated, only 4,000 are Americans. You can be sure the Taliban, who are now in complete control, didn’t allow the best and brightest to board these evacuation flights. Instead, we can only imagine how many thousands of terrorists have been airlifted out of Afghanistan and into neighborhoods around the world. What a terrible failure. NO VETTING. How many terrorists will Joe Biden bring to America? We don’t know!"

There's a lot to unpack in that hysterical harangue. Starting at the top, Biden did not surrender to terrorists. That was Trump. And Biden has not left a single American for dead, much less thousands. Trump appears to have ingested some powerful hallucinogens..."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/8/24/2048010/-Trump-Reveals-His-Plan-for-Afghanistan-Was-to-Abandon-Our-Troops-and-Allies-Psaki-Reveals-His-Lies?pm_source=story_sidebar&pm_medium=web&pm_campaign=recommended#comment_81665687

Telstar and zsomething like this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum