Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thank you, President Biden!

+5
Floridatexan
zsomething
Telstar
PkrBum
Sal
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

26Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/16/2021, 6:01 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Forgive him. It's the drugs that are talking for him now. Somewhat common for Rice University drop outs that stumbled and bumbled their way into Michigan. Twisted Evil

zsomething likes this post

27Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/16/2021, 7:06 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

28Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/16/2021, 8:24 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

29Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/16/2021, 10:01 pm

Sal

Sal

Well, after considering all the histrionics, I guess we shoulda stayed forever.

Not.

Dumbass.

Floridatexan, Telstar and zsomething like this post

30Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/17/2021, 6:11 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

There was a right way to do it clownshoes. You'd know that if he were a republican.

31Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/17/2021, 8:48 am

Telstar

Telstar

It would have been 10 times worse under IIPOTUS. All real Americans know that's a fact.

Meet the new "tourists"

Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Talaba10

Same as the old "tourists"

Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Rioter10

At least this diverted the news away from all the republican, southern, shit hole states, with the rising death toll of Real Americans from Covid, like Florida, Texas and so on. Taliban, GOP, they're all in the same terrorist shit pot.

How can we protect foreign countries from foreign terrorists when we can't even protect our own country from our own terrorists?

Floridatexan and zsomething like this post

32Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/17/2021, 8:56 am

zsomething

Okay, so now that so many of the conservatives are asking where the humanity for the Afghans is (even though those same conservatives sided against the people who were trying to get justice for George Floyd and thus showed their actual level of "humanity"), I'm wondering if now they're willing to bring those Afghans to America to live, so they won't have to live under the Taliban.  

I am.  Check 'em out and clear 'em and then bring 'em in.  But I'm the same way with refugees who are trying to escape similar situations in South America... and conservatives keep screaming against those folks, even want to build a wall or even shoot 'em.  So are they gonna be good with bringing the Afghanis here?  Because that's what's likely going to need to happen... here, or some other place that'll take them.   Sure as hell won't be Hungary -- they have a no-immigration pure-race policy, which is why conservative hero Tucker Carlson likes 'em so much.  

The placement of these folks is going to have to be part of the Monday-morning quarterbacking... which is going off the rails now.  "Biden should've done it slower!" is being simultaneously touted with "Biden should've stuck to Trump's plan!" -- when Trump's plan was to pull troops out in May, which, on a reality-based calendar, comes quite a bit before August.   And when Trump set that date he didn't get any sit-rep about the situation, and he didn't even discuss it with the Afghan government -- he left them out of the talks and made deals with the Taliban behind their backs.  He negotiated with the enemy rather than the people we were supposed to be helping out.   That's why now if I'm hearing wails about "oh the humanity!" from these folks they can basically sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up.

Biden didn't have a very good plan, and the terrible results bear that out.  Lots of things could have and should have been done better.  But it's still Monday-morning quarterbacking, because the fact is, whatever happened was still going to look all kinds of ugly, and you were still going to end up with an overrun country because the Afghan forces didn't hold up their end once the last 2500 Americans left.  They were, apparently, just obeying the Americans rather than trying to protect their own people... and that was never a good way to have a country.

Political hay will be made of this, and, fair enough.  But political hay would also be made of keeping troops in the country and spending more lives and money on a dead end... and you know damn well that's true.  It was damned if you do, damned if you don't.   And if the results had been a lot better than they are now, they'd still be declared a disaster by those who want disaster so they can yell "yer team sucks!"

Bottom line:  it was time to get out of Afghanistan.  The mission was to kill Bin Ladin and his top henchmen, and we did that.  Everything else has been done out of our desire to help the Afghan people... and that's a good thing to do, but the way they folded up immediately proves that they weren't going to fight for their country, only their tribes, and so staying there longer wouldn't have helped.  We might've had a neater exit... but we'd still have had a messy exit, and we'd still end up with a country back in the hands of the Taliban because the people we trained and equipped decided not to use that training or that equipment.  You can't hold their hands forever.  And, as terrible as things are likely to get in Afghanistan, the country's not being left in any worse shape than we found it.  It's going back to what it was before we got there.  I hate that, but I hated it before, too.  It's pretty sad that a whole generation in Afghanistan may look back at 20 years of war as "the good times," but that's what you get when you let religious fanatics run your country.  Which, again, is exactly the plan the right-wing has plotted out for America right now.  People just don't want to admit that because it's not "politically correct" to take shots at people's "faith" -- even when it's a cruel and crazy and authoritarian force that wrecks whatever society allows it, as the right-wing-version-of-Christianity -- not much different than the radical-conservative-version-of-Islam -- is.

It could have been done more smoothly -- everything can always have been done more smoothly, and that's the fun of analyzing everything that ever gets done -- but Biden was right to finally end America's Afghanistan adventure. It had to stop sometime. You just pick a time for the disaster. Somebody always has to be the guy. Biden had the balls to finally say, "Fuck it, I'll be the guy." It'll hurt him, sure, hay's already being made, but leaders gotta lead. And he did.

Hopefully Biden can salvage as much of this as possible, and get as many of those people out as possible, and if he wants to bring them here, then, okay by me:  I'm not worried about the "browning" of America, but then I don't find the phrase "Black lives matter" to be "threatening," either.  I have people living near me who wear hijabs, and they've been better neighbors than the ones who wear those stupid MAGA hats.   I ain't pro-fa.

I'm really wondering if when pony-up time comes the people wringing their hands just because they hate Biden are gonna have a pony at all.

Floridatexan and Telstar like this post

33Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/17/2021, 11:33 am

Sal

Sal

Oh, the humanity ….

Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 6edf2e10
Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 0ae59010
Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 2a6b1d10

Floridatexan, Telstar and zsomething like this post

34Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/17/2021, 1:24 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

I'd bet that Afghan refugees become better Americans than most leftists like Sal.

35Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/17/2021, 9:50 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

WaPo: National security officials in the Biden administration told a bipartisan group of Senate staffers on Tuesday that about 10,000 to 15,000 U.S. citizens remain in Afghanistan, according to two Senate aides. It is the most concrete figure given to date about how many Americans are still in the country as efforts continue to evacuate U.S. citizens and some groups of Afghans.

During a time of crisis in a foreign country, U.S. citizens are instructed to notify the local U.S. Embassy of their presence so diplomats can work to assist them. That creates a database for the United States to estimate the number of Americans in need of help. In media briefings, the State Department has declined to divulge its estimates of Americans in Afghanistan.

According to the aides, the administration officials — from the State and Defense departments, as well as the National Security Council and the Joint Chiefs of Staff — also told the assembled Senate staffers that there is no plan to evacuate Americans who are outside Kabul, as they do not have a way of getting through the Taliban checkpoints outside the Afghan capital.

36Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/17/2021, 10:04 pm

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:I'd bet that Afghan refugees become better Americans than most leftists like Sal.

Bet they will make better Americans than twice divorced, pill popping, dooshbags like you, PeckerBum

Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Pkr-di12

Floridatexan and zsomething like this post

37Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/18/2021, 9:47 am

Sal

Sal

Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 5f55f610

lmao

If only we had stayed just a little longer.

Telstar and zsomething like this post

38Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/18/2021, 10:27 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

Over 10,000 US citizens stranded there and Afghan citizens being shot in the streets today.

While you laugh your ass off. You're quite the human being.

39Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/18/2021, 11:00 am

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Over 10,000 US citizens stranded there and Afghan citizens being shot in the streets today.

While you laugh your ass off. You're quite the human being.

Hey, dumbass …

… how many of those “US citizens” do you figure are contractors (aka mercenaries), who have no desire to leave because they’re making bank?

I’m thinking a good percentage.

And, they’re surely doing a good percentage of the shooting too.

Fuck them.

Floridatexan and Telstar like this post

40Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/19/2021, 7:04 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

41Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/19/2021, 8:32 am

Telstar

Telstar

Biden stepped up to the plate and did what had to be done. Trumpenis is still trying to figure out how Americans can flush their golden toilets less often.

Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Donald14

zsomething likes this post

42Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/20/2021, 10:00 am

Sal

Sal

Despite, some unfortunate scenes that have been replayed on a loop by a ravenous media, it appears that the mission has stabilized, and this is far from the worst case scenario that the chuckleheads have been pining for.

Sorry ‘bout yer luck, Skippy.

43Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/20/2021, 11:29 am

gatorfan

Sal wrote:Despite, some unfortunate scenes that have been replayed on a loop by a ravenous media, it appears that the mission has stabilized, and this is far from the worst case scenario that the chuckleheads have been pining for.

The number of facts you have to ignore to make that ridiculous statement is astounding. Meanwhile Biden is back in hiding. What a guy.

PkrBum likes this post

44Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/20/2021, 11:48 am

zsomething

gatorfan wrote:
Sal wrote:Despite, some unfortunate scenes that have been replayed on a loop by a ravenous media, it appears that the mission has stabilized, and this is far from the worst case scenario that the chuckleheads have been pining for.

The number of facts you have to ignore to make that ridiculous statement is astounding. Meanwhile Biden is back in hiding. What a guy.

He's literally addressing the country again in a few hours. How often do y'all want to see him? He's not hiding, he's just not a camera-hog like Trump. Babbling on camera was the only part of the job Trump was ever interested in doing. He was the Birthday Boy President, only in it for the attention.

Telstar likes this post

45Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/20/2021, 11:57 am

gatorfan

zsomething wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

He's literally addressing the country again in a few hours.  How often do y'all want to see him?  He's not hiding, he's just not a camera-hog like Trump.  Babbling on camera was the only part of the job Trump was ever interested in doing.  He was the Birthday Boy President, only in it for the attention.

Making excuses? The last chat he gave was full of bogus information. No he isn't Trumpet (thank goodness) but even Biden apologists should be objective enough to admit he is ducking his responsibilities. It's almost elder abuse to expect him to be able to perform his duties.

46Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/20/2021, 12:35 pm

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:

Here are the facts, chucklehead;

Biden had a choice - follow thru with the withdrawal or escalate the conflict. There was no third option.

Had the Biden administration chosen not to withdraw, the result would’ve been an exponential escalation of violence and an outcome far worse than anything we are currently seeing.

The possible outcomes that could’ve happened with our withdrawal range from a somewhat orderly transition to Taliban control with sporadic instances of chaos to full-blown civil war.

What we are seeing now is much closer to the best-case scenario than we really had any right to expect, given the circumstances (aka “facts”).

47Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/20/2021, 1:30 pm

gatorfan

Sal wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

Here are the facts, chucklehead;

Biden had a choice - follow thru with the withdrawal or escalate the conflict. There was no third option.

Had the Biden administration chosen not to withdraw, the result would’ve been an exponential escalation of violence and an outcome far worse than anything we are currently seeing.

The possible outcomes that could’ve happened with our withdrawal range from a somewhat orderly transition to Taliban control with sporadic instances of chaos to full-blown civil war.

What we are seeing now is much closer to the best-case scenario than we really had any right to expect, given the circumstances (aka “facts”).

Nope, the embassy sent the State Dept a memo last month warning of this scenario and the B Admin didn't follow through. I get that there is no "easy and clean" way to exit a mistake war like Afghanistan but the preparations were not done properly.

"Where he once insisted that two decades of U.S. backing had left Afghan forces capable of defending themselves, Biden and his aides have shifted to a more cold-blooded mantra: If they can’t, that’s not our problem." https://pulitzercenter.org/stories/biden-afghanistan-not-my-problem

Yea, it's not his problem until it is.

48Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/20/2021, 3:02 pm

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:

Nope, the embassy sent the State Dept a memo last month warning of this scenario and the B Admin didn't follow through. I get that there is no "easy and clean" way to exit a mistake war like Afghanistan but the preparations were not done properly.

"Where he once insisted that two decades of U.S. backing had left Afghan forces capable of defending themselves, Biden and his aides have shifted to a more cold-blooded mantra: If they can’t, that’s not our problem." https://pulitzercenter.org/stories/biden-afghanistan-not-my-problem

Yea, it's not his problem until it is.

Wrong again, chuckles.

The State Department concerned about the rapid collapse of the Afghan government warned that the collapse would happen after August 31 — that is, still eleven days in the future from today.

The Biden Administration was already hastening efforts to get allies out of Afghanistan the day after the State Department warned Tony Blinken (meaning, State was already aware of and working on the urgency).

In other words, the Biden administration was already ahead of the State Department dissent cable in most regards, and where they weren’t, they integrated the recommendations of the cable.

Try again.

49Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/20/2021, 3:56 pm

Sal

Sal

Let’s also remember that Trump systematically hollowed out the State Department during his tenure, and Ted Cruz has put a blanket hold on all State Department and USAID nominations, including ambassadorships, which has led to dozens of key positions still unfilled.

That definitely doesn’t help in a situation like this.

It will take years and years to undo all the damage inflicted by the Trump administration and its supporters (like Skippy and Chuckles).

50Thank you, President Biden! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you, President Biden! 8/20/2021, 7:04 pm

gatorfan

Sal wrote:Let’s also remember that Trump systematically hollowed out the State Department during his tenure, and Ted Cruz has put a blanket hold on all State Department and USAID nominations, including ambassadorships, which has led to dozens of key positions still unfilled.

That definitely doesn’t help in a situation like this.

It will take years and years to undo all the damage inflicted by the Trump administration and its supporters (like Skippy and Chuckles).

Apologists like you will NEVER acknowledge reality, so what? Biden is a flyweight career politician. Like his sycophants', you know, like you. And BTW loser, I don't believe I have ever been a Trumpet supporter. Prove me wrong Sally.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum