Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump's (and his devoted followers') infinite weekend hypocrisy

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RealLindaL

Excellent piece -- too bad Trump lovers won't read it:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/24/politics/donald-trump-tweets-joe-biden-comments/index.html

Excerpts:

If you want to act like Biden's "you ain't black" remark is the worst thing you've ever heard while simply ignoring the President of the United States suggesting a) a former Congressman -- and now cable TV host -- committed a murder (with zero evidence) b) the former Secretary of State is a "skank" c) a former gubernatorial nominee is overweight and d) the Speaker of the House has a drinking problem, it's going to be very hard for me to consider your upset as genuine.
And, by the way, you don't get off the hook by simply rolling your eyes and saying something like "That's just how Trump talks." Yes, it is. But, to give Trump some sort of pass because he has so lowered the bar of acceptable behavior in a president is to normalize him -- and in so doing allow him to be judged by a different standard than Biden is being held to.
I've said -- and written -- many times that one of the tactics Trump has employed throughout his campaign and his presidency is to say so many outrageous things that the bar for writing about them or commenting on them is lowered beneath the floor.

Trump's behavior -- this weekend and almost all the time -- is not normal. It doesn't make what Biden said right. It isn't. But it sure as heck calls into question those Republicans who are shocked -- SHOCKED! -- at Biden's comment and choose to somehow miss all of the offensive things the President says.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Did you know that Biden has been caught plagiarizing several times? Law school, during a presidential campaign in the late eighties, and recently about climate gibberish. He's also on the wrong side of almost EVERY issue. Be honest... this is just sad. I like Joe... but this isn't fair. I'm embarrassed for him.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:Did you know that Biden has been caught plagiarizing several times? Law school, during a presidential campaign in the late eighties, and recently about climate gibberish. He's also on the wrong side of almost EVERY issue. Be honest... this is just sad. I like Joe... but this isn't fair. I'm embarrassed for him.

You're an embarrassment all by yourself. SAD. Failure to cite a source, whether it's in a speech or a written paper, is not plagiarism. What Melania did...copying Michelle Obama's speech almost verbatim...THAT WAS PLAGIARISM.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Did you know that Biden has been caught plagiarizing several times? Law school, during a presidential campaign in the late eighties, and recently about climate gibberish. He's also on the wrong side of almost EVERY issue. Be honest... this is just sad. I like Joe... but this isn't fair. I'm embarrassed for him.

You're an embarrassment all by yourself.  SAD.  Failure to cite a source, whether it's in a speech or a written paper, is not plagiarism.  What Melania did...copying Michelle Obama's speech almost verbatim...THAT WAS PLAGIARISM.

Yes. Does that equal things out in your head? You're easy.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

You're stupid.

bigdog

Every single student who has ever attended college has plagiarized at one time or another. They've had to write a research paper (or 10 or 20 or 40) before they can graduate, and a research paper is 100% based on looking up what other people said on a subject.
Yes, you are supposed to footnote where each and every piece of information in your paper comes from, but anyone who has ever been in college has missed a footnote or two on a research paper. I guarantee you, I did too. Most professors are forgiving about it, some are not.
That's basically what Biden did. He failed to make some footnotes at the bottom of a page.
Fifty years ago when he was in college.
No, he doesn't have a "long history" of plagiarism, but the Republicans managed to get him to drop out of the race for POTUS the first time he ran because of this ridiculous non-issue. He's not leaving this time Pkr. If that's what you are hoping your party will win this election on, you are completely without hope.

Thi issue of what he said about "not being black" is a bullshit issue pushed by the Republicans because they have nothing else. The fact is, it's absolutely true and most people, black and white, damn well know it is. Any black person who even considers voting for the creature in the white house who despises them and started his career by keeping them out of his father's hotels, is either insane or not really black. Just like all the poor people who vote for Trump are, especially here in the South. Trump has ridiculed this part of the country over and over again, even making fun of the University of Alabama.. He thinks we are stupid. He knows the people who vote for him are stupid. He has ridiculed the Southern accent. And if you are voting for him and you're not wealthy already, you aren't too bright either. He's not here to help the likes of you.

Biden may not be "woke" enough for some people, but he was spot on with the comment he made. it disgusts me that Democrats are always apologizing for things they should defend instead.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

bigdog wrote:Every single student who has ever attended college has plagiarized at one time or another. They've had to write a research paper (or 10 or 20 or 40) before they can graduate, and a research paper is 100% based on looking up what other people said on a subject.
Yes, you are supposed to footnote where each  and every piece of information in your paper comes from, but anyone who has ever been in college has missed a footnote or two on a research paper. I guarantee you, I did too. Most professors are forgiving about it, some are not.
That's basically what Biden did. He failed to make some footnotes at the bottom of a page.
Fifty years ago when he was in college.
No, he doesn't have a "long history" of plagiarism, but the Republicans managed to get him to drop out of the race for POTUS the first time he ran because of this ridiculous non-issue. He's not leaving this time Pkr. If that's what you are hoping your party will win this election on, you are completely without hope.

Thi issue of what he said about "not being black"  is a bullshit issue pushed by the Republicans because they have nothing else. The fact is, it's absolutely true and most people, black and white, damn well know it is. Any black person who even considers voting for the creature in the white house who despises them and started his career by keeping them out of his father's hotels, is either insane or not really black.  Just like all the poor people who vote for Trump are, especially here in the South. Trump has ridiculed this part of the country over and over again, even making fun of the University of Alabama.. He thinks we are stupid. He knows the people who vote for him are stupid. He has ridiculed the Southern accent. And if you are voting for him and you're not wealthy already, you aren't too bright either. He's not here to help the likes of you.

Biden may not be "woke" enough for some people, but he was spot on with the comment he made. it disgusts me that Democrats are always apologizing for things they should defend instead.

Yeah. It's like, "Gosh, Joe, you could have phrased that a little better. And you shouldn't have allowed them to trash you for fake plagiarism." VS

"Gee, Trump, you should have listened to your advisors and the WHO before you allowed 100,000 Americans to die because of your inaction."

NO CONTEST.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Dems opposed Trump's actions starting in January. They were busy conducting a fake impeachment. Btw... Schiff flat lied to force that to happen. See: witness documents and Rice, Power, Clapper... etc under oath. They all admited there was nothing there. If there's justice... the whole lot will hang.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1987/09/18/biden-admits-plagiarizing-in-law-school/53047c90-c16d-4f3a-9317-a106be8f6102/

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/joe-biden-plagiarism/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1013836

How many times would it take for leftists to see a pattern?

Humans used to be so good at that.

bigdog

Yes Pkr, but why did you bother to link to that article, because it clearly states that exactly what I said happened, did, in fact, happen.
He "lifted, without citation" some information from a published article.

Putting it simply, he did not add a footnote in a research paper.
The college let him retake the course. He passed the bar to practice law, and failing to add a footnote in a college paper never affected him again until some one brought it up the first time he ran for POTUS.

He apologized because Joe Biden apologizes for every damn thing that offends anyone, just the opposite of the creep in the White House today. Joe's a good man and has an over active conscience. we need a leader with a conscience again-this country needs to find the conscience we used to have before Trump. Biden's going to do that for us.

Because right now, the deplorables are in charge and they cannot be allowed to keep destroying everything America ever stood for.

It's gonna happen Pkr-I predicted Biden would be the nominee even after everybody thought he was toast and Bernie or Liz was going to take over. And he's going to be POTUS too, though Trump may have to be put in a cage to get him out of the Oval office.

zsomething

bigdog wrote: Trump may have to be put in a cage to get him out of the Oval office.

I am totally good with that. Smile

He'll be lucky if he's not put in a cage after he's out of office, too, which is one reason he's fighting so hard to get re-elected to a job he doesn't even really like -- he's trying to run out the clock on some statue of limitations bank fraud stuff that he's afraid they'll get him on... among other things. https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-2020-sdny-investigation-1349868

As much as I hate the bastard, I'm not in the "lock 'em up" camp -- I think it's really bad form to lock up political opposition when administrations change, so I'll leave that kind of idiotic bloodlust to the red-hat folks... but I do think Trump and all who aided and abetted what the public's destined to find out is a lot of criminal activity should be disgraced, big time.

I'm pretty damn sure that once everything this administration and its enablers were doing behind the scenes comes out, discussion of Trump's insane corruption is going to replace all those Hitler shows on those Discovery/History Channel networks. The books are never going to stop coming out once the smoke that's hiding everything clears. And there's going to be a lot of analysis about how around a third of a country joined a big crazy cult... which is exactly what this is.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

You're an embarrassment all by yourself.  SAD.  Failure to cite a source, whether it's in a speech or a written paper, is not plagiarism.  What Melania did...copying Michelle Obama's speech almost verbatim...THAT WAS PLAGIARISM.

Yes. Does that equal things out in your head? You're easy.

This, from the quintessential CHAMPION of what-about-isms.  

Are you kidding me???    UN-BLANKING-BELIEVABLE.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

zsomething wrote:
bigdog wrote: Trump may have to be put in a cage to get him out of the Oval office.

He'll be lucky if he's not put in a cage after he's out of office, too, which is one reason he's fighting so hard to get re-elected to a job he doesn't even really like -- he's trying to run out the clock on some statue of limitations bank fraud stuff that he's afraid they'll get him on... among other things. https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-2020-sdny-investigation-1349868

As much as I hate the bastard, I'm not in the "lock 'em up" camp -- I think it's really bad form to lock up political opposition when administrations change, so I'll leave that kind of idiotic bloodlust to the red-hat folks... but I do think Trump and all who aided and abetted what the public's destined to find out is a lot of criminal activity should be disgraced, big time.  

I'm pretty damn sure that once everything this administration and its enablers were doing behind the scenes comes out, discussion of Trump's insane corruption is going to replace all those Hitler shows on those Discovery/History Channel networks.    The books are never going to stop coming out once the smoke that's hiding everything clears.  And there's going to be a lot of analysis about how around a third of a country joined a big crazy cult... which is exactly what this is.

And I'm big on paying for the consequences of one's actions, no matter who it is. Not only does Trump have a laundry list of prior criminal activity; he's been using the office to enrich himself and his family. He should face criminal prosecution, as should a whole bunch of his Republican enablers.

zsomething

Floridatexan wrote:
zsomething wrote:

I'm pretty damn sure that once everything this administration and its enablers were doing behind the scenes comes out, discussion of Trump's insane corruption is going to replace all those Hitler shows on those Discovery/History Channel networks.    The books are never going to stop coming out once the smoke that's hiding everything clears.  And there's going to be a lot of analysis about how around a third of a country joined a big crazy cult... which is exactly what this is.

And I'm big on paying for the consequences of one's actions, no matter who it is.  Not only does Trump have a laundry list of prior criminal activity; he's been using the office to enrich himself and his family.  He should face criminal prosecution, as should a whole bunch of his Republican enablers.

I'm just thinking in terms of the national health, not giving his supporters an excuse to feel like "vengeance" has being taken against them and make them feel even MORE paranoid than they already do (which is clicking the meter). I'm willing to close an eye to some of his criminal behavior just for purposes of keeping "peace in the family"... which his supporters are, even if I don't like 'em much. I wish America had a better population, but we don't, and we're stuck with 'em and have to contend with pacifying 'em. It's kinda like the "pardoning Nixon" thing...which wasn't very satisfying, but had to be done to keep people from wigging out.

But, if Trump did sent to prison for life, it wouldn't exactly hurt my feelings much, either. Hell, I wouldn't cry if he tripped and fell on a rake. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum