Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

US Postal Service

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1US Postal Service Empty US Postal Service 4/25/2020, 2:02 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I hope, like I have, that you signed petitions to save the Post Office, which runs out of funds in June. This is by design.

Trump to U.S. Postal Service: Drop Dead

The president made it clear that he would veto the coronavirus relief bill if it included any emergency funding for the agency

By PETER WADE

“We told them very clearly that the president was not going to sign the bill if [funding for the Postal Service] was in it,” an official from President Trump’s administration told the Washington Post when discussing the $2 trillion Coronavirus Relief Aid that passed weeks ago.

Trump made it clear that he would veto the bill if it included any emergency funding for the agency that is already on unsteady ground, a situation that has been worsened by the coronavirus pandemic. The Post’s source added, “I don’t know if we used the v-bomb, but the president was not going to sign it, and we told them that.”

According to the report, the president is using a false claim that higher internet shipping rates imposed on companies like Amazon, FedEx and UPS would increase the USPS’s budget and help its 600,000 plus workers.

But the director of physical infrastructure at the Government Accountability Office told the Post that rate hikes would likely lead to shipping businesses looking elsewhere or even creating their own delivery methods, thus offsetting USPS revenue gains created by a rate increase.

With the service itself projecting losses of $2 billion a month during the COVID-19 crisis, Congress was able to squeeze into the bill a last-second $10 billion loan from the Treasury Department to get the agency through the spring.

But the Post goes on to say that, although Congress did agree to a $13 billion direct grant that would not require repayment, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin told lawmakers their insistence on helping the agency could jeopardize the entire the relief bill, saying, “You can have a loan, or you can have nothing at all.”

Even with that loan, Virginia Democratic Rep. Gerald Connolly said the Postal Service would have trouble staying afloat through September.

“I’m so frustrated at how difficult it has been for a long time to galvanize attention and action around an essential service,” Connolly told the Post. “And maybe the pandemic forces us all to refocus on this service and how essential it is and how we need to fix it while we can before it gets into critical condition.”

Trump’s disregard for the Post Office seems to connect to his disdain of Jeff Bezos, the CEO and president of the online retail company Amazon. Bezos also owns the Washington Post, which is part of what Trump falsely calls the “fake news media,” and accurately reports on all of the president’s incompetent and heartless policies. Trump has complained about what he says are the low rates the Post Office charges Amazon.

Whether Trump is correct or not about how the Post Office should deal financially with Amazon is beside the point right now. USPS workers are risking their lives during the coronavirus crisis, delivering essentials like prescriptions and food to people in need. And it delivers to remote areas across the country where private delivery services may not reach, making it a lifeline for many. According to the report, 500 postal workers have tested positive for COVID-19 and nineteen have died. If the country can afford the billions sent to the private sector in the relief aid package, saving a service that many Americans rely on seems like something that should be a no-brainer.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-postal-service-drop-dead-982458/?link_id=1&can_id=1b54be4c01232388704f6dbb31c47a1c&source=email-sign-and-send-the-petition-demand-congress-save-the-us-postal-service-2&email_referrer=email_786423___subject_1058534&email_subject=sign-and-send-the-petition-us-postal-service-is-in-the-constitution-it-has-to-be-saved

With due respect to the author, Bezos isn't the only reason Trump wants the post office shut down.

Here's some background, for anyone who doesn't remember:

https://hightowerlowdown.org/article/the-post-office-is-not-broke-and-it-hasnt-taken-any-of-our-tax-money-since-1971/?eType=EmailBlastContent&eId=7e60a4c0-e46b-478e-abf7-98509dfd02b8

2US Postal Service Empty Re: US Postal Service 4/25/2020, 7:46 pm

zsomething

I do a lot of mail business, both personally and as part of my job, and the United States Postal Service is SO much better than UPS or FedEx that it's ridiculous. Every time I have any postal trouble it's because of UPS carrying part of the post office's mail. USPS never lets me down, but I actually pass up ordering some stuff on Amazon that insists on UPS delivery, just because I don't like dealing with their rotten service. The UPS delivery people are okay, I have nothing against them, they're some good people, but the UPS itself is shit.

The reason Republicans push so hard for everything to be privatized is because of graft. Republicans are a bunch of corrupt pieces of shit who operate like the mob, and when something's run by the government, they have no reason to offer bribes and payoffs in exchange for favors. Republicans want UPS and FedEx to put the USPS out of business because UPS and FedEx are available for shakedowns and the USPS isn't. That's why Republicans have subjected the USPS to a business model that no other business in the country has to live up to.

This is the same reason they want to privatize prisons, hospitals, get rid of Social Security, etc. They fill their base's heads with shit about "the government is bad at everything" because they know their base are a bunch of bootlicking morons who'll believe whatever they're told and carry the water of the people who are pissing on 'em -- you can tell that by our resident coward troll's defense of 'em. That crook-necked pill-popping stumblebum oughtta-die bitch can't do enough to defend the people who make a useful idiot of 'im. But only a willful fool can't see through the Republican schemes.

3US Postal Service Empty Re: US Postal Service 4/26/2020, 10:39 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

zsomething wrote:I do a lot of mail business, both personally and as part of my job, and the  United States Postal Service is SO much better than UPS or FedEx that it's ridiculous.  Every time I have any postal trouble it's because of UPS carrying part of the post office's mail.  USPS never lets me down, but I actually pass up ordering some stuff on Amazon that insists on UPS delivery, just because I don't like dealing with their rotten service.   The UPS delivery people are okay, I have nothing against them, they're some good people, but the UPS itself is shit.

The  reason Republicans push so hard for everything  to be privatized is because of graft.   Republicans are a bunch of corrupt pieces of shit who operate like the mob, and when something's run by the government, they have no reason to offer bribes and payoffs in exchange for favors.   Republicans want UPS and FedEx to put the USPS out of business because UPS and FedEx are available for shakedowns and the USPS isn't.   That's why Republicans have subjected the USPS to a business model that no other business in the country has to live up to.

This is the same reason they want to privatize prisons, hospitals, get rid of Social Security, etc.  They fill their base's heads with shit about "the government is bad at everything" because they know their base are a bunch of bootlicking morons who'll believe whatever they're told and carry the water of the people who are pissing on 'em -- you can tell that by our resident coward troll's defense of 'em.  That crook-necked pill-popping stumblebum oughtta-die bitch can't do enough to defend the people who make a useful idiot of 'im.  But only a willful fool can't see through the Republican schemes.

Yeah, FedEx delivered my husband's medication to my neighbor's house. I don't know why; it's normally delivered by the post office. What would happen to all these meds, both through the VA and Medicare Advantage plans? Beside the fact that the post office is constitutionally mandated? And I wonder how many of these R's realize they ARE the government they're constantly railing about...of course, they know it. The only people who don't seem to get it are obviously a brick short of a load.

4US Postal Service Empty Re: US Postal Service 4/26/2020, 3:26 pm

Telstar

Telstar

US Postal Service Slaugh10

5US Postal Service Empty Re: US Postal Service 4/26/2020, 4:14 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

One thing I forgot to mention here...buy stamps...lots of stamps...and encourage everyone you know to do the same.

Telstar and zsomething like this post

6US Postal Service Empty Re: US Postal Service 7/25/2020, 12:24 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Trump-backed postmaster general plans to slow mail delivery

BY
NICOLE GOODKIND
July 24, 2020 9:30 AM CDT

“Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.” So goes the unofficial motto of the United States Postal Service (USPS), adapted in 1912 from The Persian Wars by Herodotus and inscribed in the stone atop the main USPS building in New York City.

The inscription, however, leaves out the quest for profit, which is currently threatening the "swift" delivery of mail.

Americans have come to depend on the modern iteration of the Postal Service to quickly deliver lifesaving medicines, election ballots, bills, checks, and other goods through rough weather, world wars, natural disasters, and pandemics. Nearly 6,190 USPS employees, deemed essential workers, have tested positive for COVID-19, and more than 60 have died.

But now, as the cash-strained Postal Service faces what union leadership is calling “Christmas every day for package delivery” and an impending November presidential election that will likely necessitate an unprecedented increase in vote-by-mail ballots, it appears that the 108-year-old credo may have met its match in new Postmaster General Louis DeJoy.

“These changes are happening because there’s a White House agenda to privatize and sell off the public Postal Service,” said Mark Dimondstein, president of the American Postal Workers Union. “But there’s too much approval for the organization right now. They want to separate the service from the people and then degrade it to the point where people aren’t going to like it anymore.”

The end of overtime work and other changes come as the Postal Service staff finds itself stretched thin. Nearly 40,000 workers have had to quarantine for two weeks after exposure to the virus, according to sources close to the USPS.

Data obtained by the American Postal Workers Union, which represents about 200,000 postal workers, shows that nearly 20% of all work by mail handlers, city carriers, and postal drivers is done in overtime.

There are no plans to hire more employees to make up for the cut in hours. Because the Postal Service is required by law to pre-fund 75 years’ worth of retiree health benefits for new hires, it is generally thought of as more cost-efficient to increase overtime rather than hire new employees.

“Overtime will be eliminated…If the plants run late they will keep the mail for the next day,” reads an internal memo reviewed by Fortune. “If we cannot deliver all the mail due to call offs or shortage of people and you have no other help, the mail will not go out.”

The memo warns that “this is the first wave of changes that will be coming to USPS this year,” and that “we all must have a different mindset to keep the USPS alive.” The memo points to Bethlehem Steel, GM, and Packard Electric (all corporations, not public services) as companies that faltered because they “did not want to change and be profitable.”

Another memo, entitled, “Pivoting for Our Future,” warns that “one aspect of these changes that may be difficult for employees is that—temporarily—we may see mail left behind or mail on the workroom floor or docks, which is not typical.” But, the memo explains, “this is a critical time for us, when decisive, quick, and meaningful action is needed.” The mail left behind would presumably be delivered at a later date, though the document doesn't clearly state that.

Critics of the changes say they don’t see how minimizing mail delivery efforts will lead to an increase in revenue. Empirically, the opposite has occurred. In late 2011, the USPS announced nearly $3 billion in service cuts that slowed first-class mail delivery for the first time in 40 years. It ended the 2012 fiscal year with a record net loss of $15.9 billion, compared to a net loss of $5.1 billion for the same period the year before.

“Every time we’ve slowed down mail, we’ve lost revenue,” said Dimondstein. The new postmaster general, he said, instituted sweeping policy change after just one month in his position and without consulting any unions or representatives with deep institutional knowledge.

“These seem to be arbitrary decisions. If you slow down mail and packages, people are going to go elsewhere to get deliveries,” he said.

The Postal Service was losing money at an unsustainable pace before the COVID-19 crisis, but it has seen a precipitous drop in revenue since. For this fiscal year, which ends Oct. 1, the USPS is predicting a revenue loss of $13 billion due to COVID-19. That’s on top of the nearly $9 billion the USPS had been losing annually before the pandemic.

In order to keep the Postal Service afloat, advocates are asking Congress for $25 billion in immediate assistance, a $25 billion modernization grant to overhaul infrastructure, and $14 billion in debt forgiveness. The Postal Service Board of Governors, which consists of three Republicans (all appointed by President Donald Trump) and two Democrats, unanimously approved of the ask in April.

But Trump has repeatedly said that he refuses to sign any legislation with a USPS bailout provision. “The Postal Service is a joke,” said the President in May. His administration nixed a bipartisan attempt to provide $13 billion to the Postal Service in March and previously recommended measures to privatize parts of the service.

The Trump administration's efforts have been met with backlash: The USPS is the most well-liked government agency in the country according to Pew, with a 91% favorability rating. Another poll found that 92% of American voters said they supported direct financial aid for USPS as part of the next coronavirus relief bill.

Dimonstein took particular umbridge with comparisons to private institutions like Bethlehem Steel.

“A private business can make arbitrary business decisions, but we’re not a private business. We’re a service,” he said, adding that even during the best of times the USPS wasn't run with the goal of bringing in a big profit. “I guess that the postmaster general must think it’s the Wild West, and he’s the new sheriff.”

The Postal Reorganization Act of 1970, he pointed out, requires “prompt, reliable, and efficient services to patrons in all areas,” in its first paragraph.

The Postal Service is required by the Constitution to serve everyone in the country equally and with uniform rates. The USPS is the only universal provider of mail service and has been a low-cost anchor for the mailing industry, helping to keep private mail service rates down. A recent analysis by the Institute for Policy Studies found that, without the USPS, 70 million more Americans would have to pay hefty surcharges for deliveries.

But the agency has been rapidly losing money since a 2006 law, passed with the support of the George W. Bush administration, required USPS to pre-fund employee retiree health benefits for 75 years in the future. That means the Postal Service must pay for the future health care of employees who have not even been born yet. The burden accounted for an estimated 80% to 90% of the agency’s losses before the pandemic.

Critics call the law “draconian” and say that it was created with the intention of leading the Postal Service toward privatization. No other federal agency bears this burden.

In a statement to Fortune, the Postal Service said that it was currently “developing a business plan to ensure that we will be financially stable,” which will be presented to the Board of Governors once finalized and will “focus on the Postal Service’s strengths to maximize our prospects for long-term success.” But for now, it is “taking immediate steps to increase operational efficiency by reemphasizing existing plans that have been designed to provide prompt and reliable service within current service standards.”

Union leaders say they don’t understand how plans to slow mail delivery services lead to an increase in efficiency.

https://fortune.com/2020/07/24/usps-mail-delivery-postmaster-general-louis-dejoy-us-postal-service/?fbclid=IwAR2gy5oPDl8A1cYbdnC5DhbChBfbMm7Nud9zXmL7C0mu-rZFM5kCxcp1GaM

7US Postal Service Empty Re: US Postal Service 7/25/2020, 2:14 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan wrote:
One thing I forgot to mention here...buy stamps...lots of stamps...and encourage everyone you know to do the same.

And remember to stamp out the GOP come November. The only good Republican is a GONE REPUBLICAN!

Floridatexan and zsomething like this post

8US Postal Service Empty Re: US Postal Service 8/7/2020, 12:10 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

9US Postal Service Empty Re: US Postal Service 8/8/2020, 9:58 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Published on
Friday, August 07, 2020
by
Common Dreams

'Friday Night Massacre' at US Postal Service as Postmaster General—a Major Trump Donor—Ousts Top Officials

"America is in a dead sprint to authoritarianism. The man is pulling out all the stops to prevent the citizens of this country from holding a legitimate election in which he might face removal from office."

by Jon Queally, staff writer

Government watchdogs, Democratic lawmakers, and pro-democracy advocates declared it a "Friday Night Massacre" for the U.S. Postal Service after news broke in a classic end-of-the-week dump that Louis DeJoy—a major GOP donor to President Donald Trump and the recently appointed Postmaster General—had issued a sweeping overhaul of the agency, including the ouster of top executives from key posts and the reshuffling of more than two dozen other officials and operational managers.

"Trump is actively sabotaging the election under our noses—this isn't theoretical, it's happening RIGHT NOW." —Brian Tyler Cohen, political commentatorAccording to the Washington Post:

The shake-up came as congressional Democrats called for an investigation of DeJoy and the cost-cutting measures that have slowed mail delivery and ensnared ballots in recent primary elections.

Twenty-three postal executives were reassigned or displaced, the new organizational chart shows. Analysts say the structure centralizes power around DeJoy, a former logistics executive and major ally of President Trump, and de-emphasizes decades of institutional postal knowledge. All told, 33 staffers included in the old postal hierarchy either kept their jobs or were reassigned in the restructuring, with five more staffers joining the leadership from other roles.

Already under fire for recent policy changes at the USPS that mail carriers from within and outside critics have denounced as a sabotage effort to undermine the Postal Service broadly as well as disrupt efforts to carry out mail-in voting for November's election amid the Covid-19 pandemic, the moves unveiled late Friday were viewed as an overt assault on democracy and a calculated opportunity to boost Republicans' long-held dream of undercutting or privatizing the government-run mail service while also boosting their election prospects in the process.

"Another Friday night massacre by this administration—and this time dealing another devastating blow to our postal service," said Rep. Mary Gay Scanlon (D-Pa.) "The American people deserve answers and we're going to keep fighting for them."

Scanlon was among more than 80 congressional lawmakers who sent a letter to DeJoy earlier in the day expressing "deep concerns" about operational changes he has made for mail carriers that have delayed deliveries and lowered standards.

"It is vital that the U.S. Postal Service not reduce mail delivery times, which could harm rural communities, seniors, small businesses, and millions of Americans who rely on the mail for critical letters and packages," the letter stated. "Eliminating overtime and directing postal workers to leave mail on the floor of postal facilities will erode confidence in the Postal Service and drive customers away, resulting in even worse financial conditions in the future."

Kristen Clarke, president and executive director of the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, warned what occurred Friday is designed to weak the Postal Service, slow vote-by-mail, and disrupt the 2020 Census.

"DeJoy, a Trump donor with no experience inside the postal service, has been installed to cause chaos and disruption at a time when the timely delivery of mail could not be more critical." —Kristen Clarke, Lawyers' Committee
"We are sounding an alarm regarding personnel changes, policy shifts and service disruptions happening inside the U.S. Postal Service on Louis DeJoy's watch," Clarke said in a statement. "The postal service lies at the heart of our democracy and is critical to the success of an unprecedented vote-by-mail system that is needed for a fair and effective 2020 election season. The postal service helps ensure that our nation's most vulnerable communities are receiving medications and resources during the pandemic. It is also critical to the efforts to achieve a full and accurate 2020 Census."

Clarke said the administration's intentions are clear: "DeJoy, a Trump donor with no experience inside the postal service, has been installed to cause chaos and disruption at a time when the timely delivery of mail could not be more critical."

As Common Dreams reported earlier Friday, Sen. Elizabeth Warren was among those who signed the letter and also called for DeJoy's efforts to be investigated by the Inspector General of the USPS. Since 2016 alone, DeJoy has donated more than $2.5 million to the Republican Party and candidates. In 2020, prior to his appointment as Postmaster General by the GOP-controlled board of governors, DeJoy had already given approximately $360,000 to a Super PAC supporting Trump's reelection.

As the Post notes in its reporting, the reshuffling of top managers and executives—as well as a hiring freeze and push for early retirements—"worried postal analysts, who say the tone of DeJoy's first eight weeks and his restructuring have recast the nation's mail service as a for-profit arm of the government, rather than an essential service."

In a video posted to Twitter, Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-Oreg.) characterized DeJoy as a "political crony" of the president's and also denounced the brazen efforts now on display as a "Friday Night Massacre" scenario:

Appearing Friday afternoon on Capitol Hill, DeJoy brushed off accusations that he is acting as a political bag man for Trump. "While I certainly have a good relationship with the president of the United States, the notion that I would ever make decisions concerning the Postal Service at the direction of the president or anyone else in the administration is wholly off-base," DeJoy said.

But outside critics like Walter Shaub, former head of the Office of Government Ethics and a fierce critic of Trump's behavior as president, said the latest move should be seen as nothing less than a direct effort by DeJoy to exploit his authority at the Postal Service to further the president's political interests and reelection prospects.

According to Brian Tyler Cohen, a liberal commentator and podcast host, "Congressional Democrats need to do something about this" immediately.

"If we wait until October/November, it'll be too late," said Cohen. "Trump is actively sabotaging the election under our noses—this isn't theoretical, it's happening RIGHT NOW." Cohen said this situation should be treated like a "fucking five-alarm fire" and said action must be taken by both lawmakers and the U.S. public without delay.

Rep. Gerald E. Connolly (D-Va.), chair of the House subcommittee which has oversight for the USPS, said what DeJoy is trying to pass off as simple organizational restructuring is actually "a Trojan Horse" designed to destroy one of the nation's most trusted and valued institutions from within.

Connolly on Friday night called it, "Deliberate sabotage to disrupt mail service on the eve of the election—an election that hinges on mail-in ballots."

commondreams.org/news/2020/08/07/friday-night-massacre-us-postal-service-postmaster-general-major-trump-donor-ousts?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2syNlwEUoBQ8dmemAFvPY6D6GFmoyTxLMSihqXoxbBJ_H2wp5ynZfy2Mc

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

zsomething likes this post

10US Postal Service Empty Re: US Postal Service 8/15/2020, 9:02 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Robert Reich:  It’s almost hard to keep track of the multi-pronged effort to sabotage the United States Postal Service. Yesterday Trump admitted he wanted to defund the USPS in order to prevent mail-in voting, and last week his handpicked Postmaster General Louis DeJoy reorganized the agency’s structure to centralize power around himself. And now, postal workers are sounding the alarm as mail sorting machines are getting removed without an explanation. A Post Office source lamented, “On top of cutting the overtime needed to run the machines, can you imagine the [overtime] needed to do this [the] old hard way?”

This is a four-alarm fire, friends. Trump is trying to steal the election in plain sight. Congress must act immediately and exercise the full force of its powers to stop the sabotage of the USPS before it’s too late. And we must all make plans to vote as soon as possible to ensure our ballots get counted. Check your registration, check your state’s deadline for requesting a mail-in ballot, and make sure everyone you know does the same. The stakes couldn’t be higher.

Postal service seen hauling mailboxes away in trucks as Trump's pick to lead USPS makes controversial changes before election

"New reports of US Postal Service workers hauling away mailboxes in flatbed trucks and locking shut convenient drop slots have caused widespread concerns among Oregon residents about mail-in voting during the presidential election in November.

Photos that spread across social media in recent weeks showed truck beds stacked with dropbox mailboxes — large, blue Postal Service boxes in which mail can be dropped off on the side of the road without having to visit a Post Office.

The Postal Service confirmed some mailboxes have been removed from neighbourhoods in recent weeks, The Oregonian reported, with residents in Eugene and Portland alerting the local newspaper their access to contactless USPS mailing options have become increasingly limited just ahead of the crucial vote.

Ernie Swanson, spokesperson for the USPS, told the publication that “duplicate” boxes were being removed from regions with multiple collection boxes, alleging “first-class mail volume has declined significantly in the US, especially since the pandemic” and noting how that “translates to less mail in collection boxes”.

While the USPS spokesperson said the removal of some mailboxes “shouldn’t affect people at all”, residents said they were quickly losing access to ways they can send mail without potentially risking their health amid the coronavirus pandemic..."

https://news.yahoo.com/postal-seen-hauling-mailboxes-away-130413879.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=fb&tsrc=fb

Floridatexan, Telstar and zsomething like this post

11US Postal Service Empty Re: US Postal Service 8/17/2020, 11:54 am

zsomething

Well, they say "fact check" but they never really give an answer. If this is true, though, Trump's DeJoy-boy needs to resign his position immediately due to conflict of interest. It'd sure explain a lot.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/08/13/fact-check-postmaster-general-louis-dejoy-invested-competitors/5550480002/

The claim: Postmaster General Louis DeJoy has $70 million invested in companies that compete with the United States Postal Service

President Donald Trump appointed a new postmaster general for the U.S. Postal Service in May, and this summer his pick has come under criticism on social media.

"New (Republican) businessman Postmaster General Louis DeJoy has $70m invested in companies that compete w/the Postal Service," Facebook user Florence Vincent wrote in a post on July 27. She told USA TODAY that her post was based on a few stories she found.

The claim found its way to Twitter this month. User @CarolynYoung64 posted a meme on Aug. 3 with a picture of DeJoy "wearing" a badge that reads "Other98." Next to the picture is a statement about DeJoy's investments. The Other 98 is a progressive social media organization that creates meme content primarily for Facebook, according to its website.

"Trump's Postmaster General Louis DeJoy and his wife have between $30.1 million and $75.3 million in assets in U.S. Postal Service competitors and contractors," reads the meme's statement. "The man Trump put in charge of OUR Postal Service has the most to gain from its destruction."

The tweet tagged House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.; and Reps. Adam Schiff, D-Calif.; and Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., with a request to "Please subpoena & stop DeJoy NOW."

USA TODAY reached out to Young for comment.

Again, don't know if this is true since they haven't confirmed it, but if it is... Jeeeeee-zussss.

Floridatexan and Telstar like this post

12US Postal Service Empty Re: US Postal Service 8/17/2020, 3:55 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Postmaster General Louis DeJoy can be indicted, impeached, sued, and removed—go get him!

Mark Sumner
Daily Kos Staff

Saturday August 15, 2020 · 10:28 AM CDT

The 2,174 employees of the Los Angeles United States Postal Service (USPS) plant work everyday amid the Covid 19 pandemic on April 29, 2020, in Los Angeles, California. - The Los Angeles USPS plant is the biggest in the US. The plant served 155 Post Offices and 3, 162 delivery routes.In April they processed 14 million packages vs 10 million last year. Everyday the United States Postal Service (USPS) employees work and deliver essential mail to customers. (Photo by VALERIE MACON / AFP) (Photo by VALERIE MACON/AFP via Getty Images)
Postal workers have been an especially vital lifeline during the pandemic—they're absolutely essential workers

"Back in 2017, the Republican National Committee announced four finance chairmen. One of those was Las Vegas casino owner Steve Wynn, since forced to resign under allegations of sexual misconduct. The next was Elliot Broidy, who told a foreign government he could get the Justice Department to drop a graft investigation—if he was paid $75 million. Number three was some guy named Michael Cohen who … has a new book, so that’s cool. The last of the four was Louis DeJoy, top Republican fundraiser and current postmaster general engaged in sinking the service through blatant sabotage.

With Trump refusing to even consider a bill that would provide necessary funding, and DeJoy meeting with Republican leaders to give them both an assurance that the Post Office won’t be prepared to handle the election, as well as smoothing the road for the old Republican dream of privatizing a government service guaranteed by the Constitution, it may seem like there’s little that can be done, especially considering the ticking clock between now and Election Day. But there are ways to turn up the heat and turn this problem around..."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/8/15/1969502/-How-to-fight-back-against-Trump-s-destruction-of-the-Post-Office?detail=emaildkre

Hard to believe it's come to this point. Resources in the article.

13US Postal Service Empty Re: US Postal Service 8/19/2020, 12:44 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

All that railing against the Post Office, and this is what some NC voters just received:

US Postal Service 200816084310-02-nc-usps-trump-absentee-ballot-request-exlarge-169

Oh, and absentee/mail-in votes are just fine in Florida, too, but not Nevada or New Jersey, whom he has sued. Meanwhile, DeJoy has agreed to cease & desist, but has not committed to restoring the mailboxes or sorters he removed. It appears he wants states he thinks he can win to have adequate means to vote for him, and, as with the COVID supplies and funding, the other states can go to hell.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/16/politics/postal-service-trump-absentee-ballot-request-mail-usps/index.html

zsomething likes this post

14US Postal Service Empty Re: US Postal Service 8/21/2020, 6:57 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

15US Postal Service Empty Re: US Postal Service 8/21/2020, 7:02 pm

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:

I think IPOTUS did promise to hire only the very best liars. Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: