Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cash-strapped US Postal Service to launch clothing line

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cash-strapped US Postal Service to launch clothing line

By Joy Jernigan, TODAY

Next time you brave snow or rain or gloom of night, you might want to don a parka from the U.S. Postal Service.

The cash-strapped Postal Service on Tuesday announced a licensing deal with an Ohio-based clothing company to produce a line of apparel dubbed “Rain Heat & Snow.”

Fashion apparel company Wahconah Group, based in Cleveland, will create a line of clothing and accessories for men, with future plans for a women’s line.

Earlier this month, the financially struggling Postal Service recently announced plans to end Saturday delivery of first-class mail and posted a $1.3 billion quarterly loss.

http://lifeinc.today.com/_news/2013/02/20/17031741-cash-strapped-us-postal-service-to-launch-clothing-line

Neutral wth

COOL...!!!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I think this is an excellent idea. The post office has always been on the cutting edge of fashion.

Cash-strapped US Postal Service to launch clothing line Post10

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

About the only thing that picture needs is some bagpipes.

Bob wrote:I think this is an excellent idea. The post office has always been on the cutting edge of fashion.

Cash-strapped US Postal Service to launch clothing line Post10

lol!

crap, I cant even find any funny pics for this rediculousness.

2seaoat

With what congress has done to the post office.....they might as well force them to wear kilts because they have become used to bending over and having congress lift their kilts........fully funding retirement and medical benefits now instead of over 75 years creating a 5 billion dollar deficit annually when the Post Office is actually running with a profit......this corrupt world you just buy some congressmen to kill you competition so you can pick the bones and pull the profit out of the carcass, and then screw rural America who depends on the Post Office.

They are also suing Lance Armstrong to recoup the money that they paid to him in sponsorship. According to the report last night they sponsored him to the tune of 30 million dollars.

2seaoat

They are also suing Lance Armstrong to recoup the money that they paid to him in sponsorship. According to the report last night they sponsored him to the tune of 30 million dollars.

Never could understand advertising the US mail......what a waste of money. Sure to explain new service or procedures.......but sponsoring a bike team in the Tour........I guess the Lance is not the only one taking Stupid Steroids.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I have to admit after I found out the post office was sponsoring somebody riding a bike, I went to the post office and mailed a couple of letters.
So the advertising must work.

2seaoat

I have to admit after I found out the post office was sponsoring somebody riding a bike, I went to the post office and mailed a couple of letters.
So the advertising must work.

Did you ever get a response on the one letter asking about those xray glasses?

catfriedlegs

Not sure who'd want to wear clothes from the U.S. Postal Service clothing line. Imagine kids in school whose parents bought them USPS clothing being ridiculed for it. Razz

Azadeh wrote:Not sure who'd want to wear clothes from the U.S. Postal Service clothing line. Imagine kids in school whose parents bought them USPS clothing being ridiculed for it. Razz

I think they make a statement...LOL.

Essential for spies and such.

http://www.mypostaluniforms.com/AdvCat/LETTER-CARRIER.htm

Men's Letter Carrier Pants

[click for additional images]

These Men's Letter Carrier Postal Pants are manufactured with the utmost attention to innovation and detail in order to provide a pant that will always look new and stand up to washing after washing. Watch pocket included. Made of 100% Polyester.

Trousers/Slacks sold unhemmed. Please specify inseam measurement for hemming. No returns/exchanges on altered trousers/slacks. Part # HEMMING ($3.00)

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:They are also suing Lance Armstrong to recoup the money that they paid to him in sponsorship. According to the report last night they sponsored him to the tune of 30 million dollars.

Why would they need to get that money? He hasn't hurt their business unlike Congress mandating that all of their entitlements be paid up front each year to include retirement and retirement health care.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:They are also suing Lance Armstrong to recoup the money that they paid to him in sponsorship. According to the report last night they sponsored him to the tune of 30 million dollars.

Why would they need to get that money? He hasn't hurt their business unlike Congress mandating that all of their entitlements be paid up front each year to include retirement and retirement health care.

That is a question that you would need to ask the USPS, I just repeated what was on the news last night.

However I can speculate that because may have been obtained under a fraudulent premise.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

That is a question that you would need to ask the USPS, I just repeated what was on the news last night.

However I can speculate that because may have been obtained under a fraudulent premise.

Fraudulent? Are they going to return all those advertising dollars to the companies who bought air time on the ads? Doubtful.

There is no case.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Fraudulent? Are they going to return all those advertising dollars to the companies who bought air time on the ads? Doubtful.

There is no case.

We shall see!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum