Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump -- If we don't let anyone talk about climate change, it won't exist!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

"Climate Change Stories
Can We Talk Climate?
We get it. Talking about climate change can be tough. And sometimes, it's downright awkward.

We'll make talking about climate change a little easier.
Get Our E-Book
Start Talking

Even though 7 in 10 Americans believe climate change is happening, and 6 in 10 are at least somewhat concerned about it, two-thirds of Americans rarely, if ever, talk about climate change with the people they care about.

We want to change that. The most recent reports on the current and forecasted impacts of climate change are clear—we are running out of time. Silence is no longer an option.

Research shows there are typically four reasons people don't want to talk about climage change:

I don't know enough.
I don't want to talk about scary things.
I don't think I can make a difference.
I don't want to cause an argument.

While these are certainly legitimate concerns, we're here to help you navigate them. We've created an e-book that provides tips on having a connected conversation about climate change.

Atmospheric Science Professor Katharine Hayhoe notes in her TED Talk that the number one thing we can do to break the divisive rhethoric around climate change is "do the exact thing we're not doing: talk about it."

The more people hear conversations about climate change, the more socially validated these conversations become. Showing that climate change is important enough for you to talk about makes it easier for others to talk about it as well.

Take our pledge and receive this e-book with four simple tips on having a connected conversation about climate change.
Can We Talk Climate? Take our pledge and receive this e-book with four simple tips on having a connected conversation about climate change. © The Nature Conservancy
Take our pledge and receive this e-book with four simple tips on having a connected conversation about climate change.

Be Part of the Solution

We can't solve a problem we don't talk about. And we want to make talking about climate change easier.

After you take our climate change pledge, we'll send you an e-book with four simple tips on having a connected conversation. We'll also keep you informed and invite you to local events where you can learn about real, systemic solutions that are good for our communities, our economy and our planet.
From Nature Conservancy, email, this date Florida Places

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum