Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More cancer for my friend

+3
RealLindaL
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

101More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 12/17/2018, 7:05 pm

RealLindaL

I can't even remember the last time I had a drink, so mine, too, was not alcohol -related (the most common cause, as you know).   I had a more severe bout of pancreatitis last May with an obvious cause - an inflamed and stony gallbladder, which was removed laparoscopically. Five days in GBH that time.  UGH.  This time, no duct stones or anything else found (though I'll have another follow-up MRI to make double sure no tumors). I've also DC'd one of my meds that's a listed possible cause.  I did pig out on some naughty foods that day when we had guests visiting, and will just have to be more careful in future and hope for the best.  I do NOT want to go through this again.  One thing I know I must definitely now avoid is anything hot/spicy.  Farewell to Maragaritaville's wonderful gumbo...   {{{sigh}}}

102More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 12/17/2018, 7:14 pm

RealLindaL

So did they ever figure out what caused your son's pancreatitis? Glad it was apparently only that one episode, yes?

103More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 12/17/2018, 7:17 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RealLindaL wrote:So did they ever figure out what caused your son's pancreatitis?  Glad it was apparently only that one episode, yes?

Never did but very aggravating... everyone asked about drinking. Give my son two beers and he will start laughing and singing and go to sleep.

104More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 12/17/2018, 9:47 pm

RealLindaL

Know what you mean - I had to repeat repeat repeat I DON'T DRINK.

105More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 12/18/2018, 10:02 am

2seaoat

I am curious when you had your gall bladder removed. What year? Five days in the hospital sounds like you had complications.

106More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 12/18/2018, 5:22 pm

RealLindaL

As I said, Sea, this was last May (i.e., 2018).   I was admitted with a pretty severe case of acute pancreatitis (very painful, very high lipase readings), and, after due testing, the docs concurred that three days on a starvation diet (NPO, IV fluids only) were required to calm down the pancreatic inflammation before removing the gall bladder, which was done on the 4th day, plus one day of post-op observation.   OK?

107More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 12/19/2018, 5:53 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bleeding stopped... colonoscopy looked good. No bleeding from the tumor or below. Suspect it was from near the opening of the stoma. She will remain in the hospital until Friday. She is feeling much better after 4 units of blood.

Me, on the other hand, will be evaluated for a clinical trial for my liver disorder. Having a liver scan in the am. The new scan takes the place of having to have biopsies. All labs are great except for SGPT and SGOT, still above 100. I have been using CBD oil and feel better.

108More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 12/19/2018, 6:10 pm

2seaoat

evaluated for a clinical trial for my liver disorder.

That can get scary, but it is amazing how good they are getting in fighting this damn disease, and hopefully your liver functions are all good.

109More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 12/19/2018, 6:19 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Unnerving news Joani. I'll keep you in mind tomorrow and hope for the best.

110More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 12/19/2018, 6:22 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Just a baseline study to see if I qualify. I have been on Hepaxa. It is a mail order Omega 3. More purified than over the counter meds. Still want to get all the liver functions in the normal range.

111More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 12/19/2018, 11:32 pm

RealLindaL

Best of success, Joani!

112More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 12/20/2018, 3:28 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RealLindaL wrote:Best of success, Joani!

Thank you... the scan took less than 5 minutes. Now I wait.

113More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 12/20/2018, 3:33 pm

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:

Waiting is the pits!    Let us know when you hear.

114More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 12/20/2018, 8:50 pm

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Waiting is the pits!    Let us know when you hear.

Wishing you to get good news joani!

115More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 12/21/2018, 12:00 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Thank you all. It means so much to me.

116More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 1/18/2019, 1:50 am

RealLindaL

Joani, any word yet regarding your acceptance for the trial?

Also, how is your good friend doing now?

117More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 1/18/2019, 10:16 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Still waiting to hear about the study.

My friend is having complications from the immunotherapy. On Wednesday I took her to the doctor at 3 pm and then sent to the ER for atrial fibrillation. Could not convert her with IV meds. She was admitted and put on a drip. Spent all afternoon and evening with her. She was in the ER 20 hours before a CCU bed was available.

I felt like a traveling nurse... was with my son for several hours just before going to get my friend. Symptoms of a heart attack. The ER ruled out heart attack thank God. I thought it was a pancreatic attack. Morphine helped. Diagnosed with multiple gallstones and apparently passed one. So, he will have to arrange surgery. Hoping it will be after our ski trip.

118More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 1/19/2019, 2:32 am

RealLindaL

Glad it wasn't anything worse than gallstones, Joani. And if your son's looking at gall bladder removal, if laparoscopic it's a piece of cake, as I found out last May.

As for the ski trip, well. Whatever the priorities are! Hope he's feeling OK for now.

119More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 1/19/2019, 1:53 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

He sees the surgeon on Monday. He wants to have it removed then go ski. I don’t think that is a good idea.

120More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 1/19/2019, 2:03 pm

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:He sees the surgeon on Monday. He wants to have it removed then go ski. I don’t think that is a good idea.

The surgeon will doubtless set the parameters.

121More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 1/19/2019, 10:42 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RealLindaL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:He sees the surgeon on Monday. He wants to have it removed then go ski. I don’t think that is a good idea.

Absolutely!

The surgeon recommended by his friend is not in insurance plan but said he will do the surgery anyway.

122More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 1/20/2019, 1:53 am

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Absolutely!

The surgeon recommended by his friend is not in insurance plan but said he will do the surgery anyway.

Hmm...he'll do it, but at what cost? Hope it doesn't get sticky. If things don't work out for any reason I could highly recommend my surgeon -- he's from The Surgery Group on N. 9th Ave. Did my laparoscopic cholecystectomy at GBH. Good guy and good work.

123More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 1/20/2019, 9:21 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

He is in that group.

124More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 1/20/2019, 4:30 pm

RealLindaL

OK, good. Could even be the same doc.

125More cancer for my friend - Page 5 Empty Re: More cancer for my friend 1/20/2019, 4:48 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I am sure it is. He has operated on several of our family members.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum