Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neko

+10
cool1
nadalfan
QueenOfHearts
Yella
Floridatexan
Sal
dumpcare
2seaoat
knothead
Joanimaroni
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Neko Empty Neko 8/7/2014, 12:13 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

As most of you already know.....We lost a very special LADY Tuesday August 5......Neko passed away in the arms of her beloved family.

Her battle began in December and she fought long and valiantly and survived against all odds.  I firmly believe,  in addition to her dedicated and loving family, our prayers and continued thoughts were very beneficial for her positive outcome.

Neko was deeply touched by her fellow friends on the forum for their love and support.  She graciously offered her heartfelt thankfulness to each and every one of us for our shared concerns and prayers.

Neko's secondary medical problems, I suspect were just too much for her weakened body to overcome. I was in contact with her family during both of her extended hospitalizations; her family was very appreciative of our love for Neko.

I would personally like to thank each and every one of our posters who commented and offered prayers and thoughts to our friend.  Your thoughts and prayers were shared with  Neko and her family throughout her illness. Again, thank you my forum friends.

With tears of sadness I say to you,  rest in peace my dear friend,  you were loved and you will truly be missed.

2Neko Empty Re: Neko 8/7/2014, 12:21 pm

knothead

knothead

Very painful for you joani . . . I appreciate your keeping us informed as to her status along the way. Neko was a special lady and she will be missed by us all.
Thank you again . . .

3Neko Empty Re: Neko 8/7/2014, 12:24 pm

2seaoat

I have lost a friend who I never had the pleasure to meet. When you think about it our entire high school years are only four years, yet some of us have been conversing for over eight years and in my case it is now ten years. In the early years I stayed out of the squabbles which were going on within the forum, and mostly just had fun with her. She was intelligent and brought a huge benefit to this forum with her knowledge of living in Japan. She knew I would just instigate a argument about anything to get her pized at me.

I remember arguing about a 3D printer for twenty forum pages as we would not give up our positions. She loved it when she got the best of me, and she did often because she would stick to detail and was tenacious in her research. I literally shed tears yesterday for a person I never met, yet she became part of my life. I knew the outcome would not be good, but I just wanted to have one more discussion with her. I guess we all wish those we care about we could know or have the knowledge for that last conversation.

It will not be the same for me with her gone. I was so happy for her with her latest move, and I was certain she would enjoy winding down to retirement. My prayers to her family who will miss her as much as we will. I am thankful Joan kept us informed, because sadly too many of our friends have left with no follow up. I will be joining her soon enough, but she most certainly will be in a wonderful place, and I do not know if the devil will allow internet connection with heaven......but if I can.....I will irritate her some more. I am happy I knew her, and I am lucky to have shared so many hours over the years.

4Neko Empty Re: Neko 8/7/2014, 12:28 pm

dumpcare

Thanks for posting Joani, I see the cat got out of the bag by another poster earlier and I know you'd asked we not say anything. Neko really saw the two sides to every discussion. RIP Neko

5Neko Empty Re: Neko 8/7/2014, 12:51 pm

Sal

Sal

Well, she was about as hard-headed a poster as the internet has ever seen.

Once she staked out her position, she was sticking to her guns no matter how clearly you could demonstrate her error.

And, she wasn't about to let me have the last word on any subject ever.

lol

We had some spirited debates, and she often brought some brilliant insights to the table when the subject was something other than politics.

I'll miss her.

RIP, Neko.

6Neko Empty Re: Neko 8/7/2014, 2:38 pm

I'll miss her too... I feel fortunate to have gotten to know her as we did. My sincere condolences to her family.

7Neko Empty Re: Neko 8/7/2014, 3:27 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

For you, Nekochan.

8Neko Empty Re: Neko 8/7/2014, 4:05 pm

Yella

Yella

Neko was a good forum friend, RIP, Neko.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

9Neko Empty Re: Neko 8/7/2014, 6:15 pm

Neko(Cat) was very special to me.  Having also lived in Japan, she understood some of the idiosyncrasies  of living there.  She never chastised me for some of my  crass or irreverent posts.  She understood what I was trying to say...I bought her a book on Japan when she first got sick,  I procrastinated and never got it to her.  May she rest in Peace.  She was a good person and friend that I never personally met.................I wish I could have...

10Neko Empty Re: Neko 8/7/2014, 8:16 pm

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

So sorry for the loss of your friend. Neko seemed like a very nice lady and she was conservative, so we know she was smart.  I love you  My prayers are with her family and all of you, her friends.

11Neko Empty Re: Neko 8/7/2014, 8:39 pm

Neko Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS97uGT9kqq660J_PTNh9rtGijkoEVk8yikguXLiCuwyMRYlPkeLA

*****SAD SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW0vjZiu_rw

Smile 

12Neko Empty Re: Neko 8/7/2014, 9:02 pm

nadalfan

I'm really sorry Joanie; it's so hard to lose a dear friend.

13Neko Empty Re: Neko 8/7/2014, 11:00 pm

I was so saddened by the news of her passing. She was such a strong willed lady. My deepest sympathies to her family, and to you as well, Joani. I know you have lost a dear and special friend.

Rest in peace, Nekochan.

14Neko Empty Re: Neko 8/8/2014, 10:35 pm

cool1

cool1

Neko was so kind and giving im going to miss her posting , prayers Joni for you and your family and her family and friends rest in peace and know you have touched many hearts Neko

15Neko Empty Re: Neko 8/9/2014, 4:37 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I have had computer problems the past few days, so could not post. Neko fought the good fight. She will be missed.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

16Neko Empty Re: Neko 8/9/2014, 7:36 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Yes she will.

17Neko Empty Re: Neko 8/21/2014, 3:43 am

Joanimaroni wrote:Yes she will.

Neko Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTppn6VM1yHaO7_X4cRchWrpCbpiZ3APO64UXmC6Vc-3nBlb9iW

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7RPCFfudmU

Smile

18Neko Empty Re: Neko 8/21/2014, 3:02 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan

That is so sad.

She was a very smart lady and held her ground where she knew she was right.

She is now in a much better place than this world can provide. Know that and remember the good times.

God Bless.

19Neko Empty Re: Neko 8/21/2014, 5:50 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

We need her now to keep Seaoat in line.

20Neko Empty Our friend Neko 8/4/2017, 9:11 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Tomorrow marks the third anniversary of Neko's passing.

She along with Teto, Bob, Z man and others are terribly missed. The forum had so much life and activity with these individuals. They made a difference with their love of life, their laughter and even a little cynicism. Never afraid to defend their position and did it with decorum above reproach. Their intelligence and knowledge covered a wide range of topics and ideas...not all conventional... but always expressed with tact, honesty, humor, and civility.  Never needing to resorted to nasty, condescending, vulgar or irrational discourse we now endure from posters and their socks.

Rest in peace my friends and know you are all missed so very very much. If we could only go back in time to enjoy your company once again.

I miss you all, especially my friend.

Last edited by Joanimaroni on 8/4/2017, 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

21Neko Empty Re: Neko 8/4/2017, 10:56 pm

2seaoat

I still smile about some of our conversations. She would get very angry with me at times, but she would not give up in trying to logically find error in my viewpoint. She never name called, or tried to attack me personally but truly enjoyed finding that I stumbled and was wrong about something. She should have never moved from Huntsville. She was so happy, and I am convinced that in her renovations she had done drywall work and with black molds being so common, they can cause havoc with your lungs which does not immediately manifest itself.

22Neko Empty Re: Neko 8/4/2017, 11:58 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Seaoat...Neko and her husband stayed busy in Huntsville traveling around. But, Neko hated the cold weather. They wanted to be close to their son and daughter, so they moved back home.

Last edited by Joanimaroni on 8/5/2017, 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total

23Neko Empty Re: Neko 8/5/2017, 1:12 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

Very touching. I miss them all.

24Neko Empty Re: Neko 8/5/2019, 8:27 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Five years ago today we lost a friend! Still miss you!

25Neko Empty Re: Neko 8/5/2019, 8:43 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum