Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I have a friend who is an inventor

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

He has patented many devices. He just shared one of his inventions which just got his patent. It is this amazing bubble wand. If you have had kids or grandkids, you go to wal mart and get a container of bubble mix with a plastic wand which sits in the bubble mix, and the child withdraws and blows making bubbles. It is a simple plastic stick with a circle on top. The bubble fluid crosses the circle and the child blows and makes bubbles. The old wands only made a few bubbles. He has made a new and improved bubble wand. He took telephone wire with the plastic covered copper wire, and created a coiler. He coils the wire which looks like a slinky and slips that around the outer ring. So instead of a flat plastic ring on a stick, he has a coiled wire ring at the top of the stick. He then takes four plastic hairbrush quills and puts a tiny ball on the end and extends them into the center of the circle. Looking through the circle now looks like a gun sight looking through a scope.

He is going to be making his components from a 3d printer and is assembling his inventory now. This simple invention produces about five times the bubbles as the plain bubble wand. My grandson's birthday party is Saturday afternoon and we are bringing this remarkable invention to the party to let the kids play with the same. This guy has genius which is remarkable. I cannot get specific, but he is working on a new type of swisher mop which will revolutionize the way people clean tile and hardwood floors. His eye for detail is remarkable. I will try to upload this invention after I watch the kids use it. I am excited for him.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Awesome....kids love bubbles.

Sal

Sal

He patented a bubble wand?

I saw all sorts of bubble wands when I used to follow the Grateful Dead around during the summers. 

Hippies trippin' on acid like bubbles too. 

I bet none of those smelly kids had any idea they might be playing with a million dollar idea. 

lol

2seaoat

I will try to take some photos and upload the invention in action.

2seaoat

I will be picking up bubble solution and having the grandkids and their friends try this. My friend will have to decide does he create a whole new packaged product with the magic wand, manufacture the wand only and sell to various products already on the market, or simply sell his patent rights and collect royalties on each unit sold. Pretty cool to see the human mind at its best.

I have a friend who is an inventor 20140910

2seaoat

Stopped at Walmart and got a party pack of bubble solution. The total cost with taxes was about $3.25. My guess they can manufacture and ship them to retail for about $1.20. The packages once opened had a very cleverly designed wand which was very similar to my friend's patent. The have a stamped plastic wand with periodic indentations on the horizontal plane. This allows the solution to pool like it does around the coils on his wand.

There were about 10 kids who went nuts playing with the bubbles. I divided the wands among the kids and gave six out of the party package and four of the new wands. Clearly the new wands made more bubbles. However, I only saw about a 25% increase in the number of bubbles, and saw no difference in the sizes. Actually, the kids were having fun with both wands. The biggest challenge I think my friend is going to have is the cost of the current want is probably less than 10 cents for the wand. Unless he can bring his manufacturing costs below the 10 cents per unit, I think he has a difficult road unless he vertically markets the solution and party packs and focuses on the increased bubble with his wand. In any regard, It was a spectacular afternoon with the kids who had fun bubblizing Papa.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum