Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

dumb southerners.........

+4
Telstar
zsomething
PkrBum
2seaoat
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1dumb southerners......... Empty dumb southerners......... 9/5/2018, 1:43 pm

2seaoat

Jeff Sessions has faced unparalleled criticism by a sitting President. He has eaten chit over and over. How can a proud Southern man accept this draft avoiding fifth grader who has even less regard for Southerners than Hillary had for her deplorables. How much loss of self respect before the southern man's brain recognizes that President Trump has used them like a discarded condom where he has F'd the country and expects them to cover for him again......maybe he is simply correct. Emasculated and angry white males who can be called dumb, just as long as nobody talks about equal rights for all Americans.

2dumb southerners......... Empty Re: dumb southerners......... 9/5/2018, 1:46 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Ya... trump should weaponize the attorney general and unconstitutionally extend executive privilege to their illegalities.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/judge-rejects-obamas-executive-privilege-claim-over-fast-and-furious-records-217970

3dumb southerners......... Empty Re: dumb southerners......... 9/5/2018, 2:03 pm

zsomething

Thing about Trump's base is, it doesn't matter if he abuses 'em -- they'll take it and explain it away.

Trump uses "Southerner" as an insult, even though that's where pretty much all his really dug-in base is. And Southern Trump supporters will just shrug it off and claim "He didn't really say that" and keep pretending he's a good-man-who-likes-and-respects-us etc.

If I were supporting a guy who actually got up and said, "I could shoot a guy on Fifth Avenue and not lose any voters," like Trump did, I'd be pretty ticked:

I mean, how much more clearly can he say "I can take you idiots for granted no matter what I do, because you're blind followers." It's pretty insulting, really. But they just shrug it off, like some abused wife who won't leave her asshole husband because she thinks she doesn't deserve any better. There's no self-esteem in these people... they just see an authority figure and they line up and follow it like baby chickens, imprinting.

What sucks even more is... he's not wrong. Trump could murder somebody and they'd still support him. And Trump things Southerners are dumb because they do keep backing him when he knows they'd have to be fools to fall for his con.

4dumb southerners......... Empty Re: dumb southerners......... 9/5/2018, 2:17 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

I'd prefer that trump just fire him.

Can't stand politicians that use the force of govt to subjectively engineer society.

See: marijuana prohibition

5dumb southerners......... Empty Re: dumb southerners......... 9/5/2018, 6:25 pm

Telstar

Telstar

dumb southerners......... 7_dead11

6dumb southerners......... Empty Re: dumb southerners......... 9/5/2018, 7:24 pm

2seaoat

The trump support in Alabama and the Panhandle is incredible as it was reported he mocked a southern accent as he talked about dumb southerners........Jeff Sessions sold his soul to work for the devil, and convinced other southerners that the flim flam man from NY was worthy of support because he would go after Mexicans, Muslims, and blacks........I think the NY times is talking about a current Admin official who has said the man is immoral.......no chit, but the bible thumpers can have their religion mocked by this immoral man, can call folks from the south as dumb, and humiliate the very man who delivered the election from Cruz to Trump.

7dumb southerners......... Empty Re: dumb southerners......... 9/5/2018, 7:48 pm

bigdog

Oh, he didn't just make fun of Southerners, he also made fun of the University that Sessions attended. He said it wasn't an Ivy League college like the one he went to.
Jeff Sessions graduated from Huntington College and later from the UNIVERSITY of ALABAMA.
He insulted the Tide.

They won't believe it. See Oat, here's the problem. I was born and raised here and I feel I have earned the right to say the truth about our area of the country. Not all of us, of course, but a good many of us, are just dumb as dirt. Those that aren't dumb as dirt are ruled by their religion and think that Trump is acceptable because he's going to get Roe v Wade overturned. Not one single issue in the world matters to them except people who have not joined us on the planet yet. No one who is already here matters one bit.
The South is hopeless and Donald is actually somewhat right for one of the only times in his life. He owns these people. Now, if they found out he'd paid for an abortion for one of his women, I think that would do him in. I think that is what Democrats should focus on. Find that babys mama and get her to testify and Trump will be toast. Otherwise, Who gives a crap about already living critters like the poor or about acts of treason with Russia. Not us dumb Southerners.

8dumb southerners......... Empty Re: dumb southerners......... 9/5/2018, 7:56 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:Dumb Southerners............yea keep changing the subject.  It is about Trump.  Could you imagine Obama saying the same..........
2seaoat wrote:Hey my fellow Floridians...

Don't knuckle-dragging cracker whitey hillbilly this up!

Dumb southerners...........got to move the Trump star to the confederate monument.......maybe Trump has something good to say about someone, but when you think like a fifth grader.......grab them by the crouch.......

2seaoat wrote:The trump support in Alabama and the Panhandle is incredible ....

Well, it was kind of a no-brainer most of the South was going to vote Republican regardless of who the candidate was.  Been that way for decades.   And Florida, well that's always been kind of a toss-up for many years now.

If you want to blame any "dumb" people for Trump being President you should perhaps instead think about blaming all those "dumb" Yankees in Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa, Ohio, and Pennsylvania !!!

dumb southerners......... President-leader

By the by ... even "dumb" people are aware when a politician or political party openly despises them, as the Demos openly despise the white working class today.  Yet the "dumb Democrats" expect they are still somehow owed the votes of those people? Rolling Eyes  .... and are then all butt-hurt when they don't get 'em?   Rolling Eyes  Get a clue Demos .... Bill Clinton certainly knew better than to denigrate the white working class, he won practically all of the midwest and even managed to win Georgia.

Will people act against their own best interests, even knowingly sometimes, if you insult them enough?  Well, in the words of a former VP candidate ..... "You betcha!"

9dumb southerners......... Empty Re: dumb southerners......... 9/5/2018, 9:19 pm

Telstar

Telstar

dumb southerners......... The-ri10

10dumb southerners......... Empty Re: dumb southerners......... 9/5/2018, 10:41 pm

bigdog

Really ghost? Look at that map again. Those yankee states were red, but just barely. The South and the midwest were overwhelmingly red and will be until, oh, I don't know 'till when, probably forever. At least as long as they've got their politics so mixed up with their religions. Their preachers aren't about to let them vote Democrat and they're dumb enough to let people that really don't work for a living tell them what they should do. Talk about people who don't really earn their living- it must be nice to read a fire and brimstone speech for 30 minutes a week and get free housing and sometimes really excellent salaries.  As far as Democrats not caring about working people, you are obviously brainwashed by Fox, because I definitely am working class, my family is working class, and they aren't seeing much in the way of tax breaks. How about those civil service workers- they get no raises but Trump gives the farmers billions because he screwed up their lives with his tarriffs.
Respectfully, the Republican party has NEVER in its history been the party of the working man. They are the con artists of the working man, that's all.
The democratic party has never hated the white working man. They just know that that is not the only type of person America is made up of. Forty years from now when white people are the minority, I have a feeling we'll be a lot more inclusive country.

11dumb southerners......... Empty Re: dumb southerners......... 9/5/2018, 11:29 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

bigdog wrote:. Those yankee states were red, but just barely. ....

And Trump would have been elected without them?  

I think you are missing my point 'dog.'   The Demo's have a problem ... a white working class problem.  The election of Donald Trump over Hillary should have made that abundantly clear to them, but apparently they are still clueless about that.

bigdog wrote: ...  As far as Democrats not caring about working people, ...

The objective truth of any matter subject to popular opinion is really quite irrelevant.  The popular perception of what is the truth is everything.

btw ... I don't recall interacting with you much on here before,    In case you are unaware, I didn't and wouldn't vote for Trump.  So don't misconstrue my posts as any kind of defense of the man.  I'm just analyzing the politics of the thing.

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 9/5/2018, 11:39 pm; edited 4 times in total

12dumb southerners......... Empty Re: dumb southerners......... 9/5/2018, 11:30 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Telstar wrote:dumb southerners......... The-ri10

And those guys' votes Trump yours by a margin of two to one. Laughing

(pun intended Laughing )

(And they probably did vote, so you just keep on laughing at them and wondering why Donald Trump is currently our President ... and just might get re-elected. I, for one, don't discount that possibility.)

13dumb southerners......... Empty Re: dumb southerners......... 9/6/2018, 7:47 am

Telstar

Telstar

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Telstar wrote:dumb southerners......... The-ri10

And those guys' votes Trump yours by a margin of two to one. Laughing

(pun intended Laughing )

(And they probably did vote, so you just keep on laughing at them and wondering why Donald Trump is currently our President ... and just might get re-elected.  I, for one, don't discount that possibility.)

I also laugh at useless, unAmerican Florida stoner, flotsam that toss away their vote on a third party bobblehead because it might give them a chance to smoke what the redneck, racist, hillbillies that vote for 45 shit. Laughing

dumb southerners......... Gary_j10

14dumb southerners......... Empty Re: dumb southerners......... 9/6/2018, 9:44 am

2seaoat

and just might get re-elected.

nope.....when you raise intelligence and stereotypes about the south......the flim flam man just got found out.

15dumb southerners......... Empty Re: dumb southerners......... 9/6/2018, 7:19 pm

2seaoat

My money is on Jeff Sessions as the source of the NY times article.

16dumb southerners......... Empty Re: dumb southerners......... 9/6/2018, 9:06 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:My money is on Jeff Sessions as the source of the NY times article.

Nah.  Not his style.   Not Mattis or Kelly either.  Prob somebody much lower level would be my guess ... three or four tiers down.  Some Deputy Assistant something or other for somebody.

(Personally, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's Omarosa)

17dumb southerners......... Empty Re: dumb southerners......... 9/7/2018, 1:47 am

RealLindaL

EmeraldGhost wrote:(Personally, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's Omarosa)

I seriously, seriously doubt the NYT would break with long-standing policy for something coming from the likes of Omarosa. Further, the writer indicates he/she is still in the White House and working. Again, look to the NYT's largely impeccable vetting.

18dumb southerners......... Empty Re: dumb southerners......... 9/7/2018, 9:02 am

zsomething

Yeah, it wouldn't be Omarosa. Omarosa is a laugh-off, she's just a grifter and has no integrity. As much as I love hearing Trump get slammed, even I didn't put much credence into her reportage. The recordings she made were interesting, but her hearsay just doesn't have enough integrity behind it to mean much. The Times wouldn't make an event out of that. Plus, she's already out in the open and has no hell to pay, so there'd be no need for anonymity.

I heard somebody on the news last night saying they thought it might be a former staffer, but I don't think that'd be the case, either, because they wouldn't be as worried about getting kicked out and losing their self-appointed "watchdog" status.

It's fun to think it's Pence, but that's pretty far-fetched. It's probably some assistant to somebody bigger, somebody whose name wouldn't mean much to the public even if we knew it. But I think it is indicative of a larger attitude in that White House, because it's consistent with the general overview in Woodward's book, and everything that's obvious from Trump's own public behavior. The man is incoherent, rambling, repetitive, and throws tantrums in public. And on Twitter he's always putting out "policy ideas" that are insane and that someone talks him away from. You don't really need either the editorial or Woodward's book to spot the toxic mess of dysfunction in that place. Trump's a malignant narcissist... they don't make good leaders. And he's shown zero fuckin' leadership, or even basic maturity. That's all clear just from watching him first-hand. The fact that he's wigging out over "leaks" is pretty hilarious, when he doesn't even need to be "leaked on." The guy's been living in a bubble of paid yes-men for so long that he actually thinks he's getting away with his charade. Yeah, his cultists still buy into it, but they'll still believe him if he walks naked down Pennsylvania Avenue shaking a baby in his teeth. Reality left those goons behind a long time ago, usually in their early childhood when they were getting indoctrinated.

19dumb southerners......... Empty Re: dumb southerners......... 9/7/2018, 10:40 am

Deus X

Deus X

zsomething wrote:...but they'll still believe him if he walks naked down Pennsylvania Avenue shaking a baby in his teeth.  

Thanks loads for that visual.

20dumb southerners......... Empty Re: dumb southerners......... 9/7/2018, 1:52 pm

2seaoat

How does a person in Jay going to reconcile with being called a dumb southerner or wanting to have a return to Jim Crow. My guess is that Jim Crow rules.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum