Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ah, shit...

+5
othershoe1030
zsomething
RealLindaL
2seaoat
Deus X
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Ah, shit... Empty Ah, shit... 8/25/2018, 8:32 pm

Deus X

Deus X

John McCain died.

2Ah, shit... Empty Re: Ah, shit... 8/25/2018, 9:08 pm

2seaoat

A good man. I voted for him in 2008 and always liked his common sense. I did not like his blank checks to the military, but in the end there are families with health care because he had the courage to make a moral decision, putting politics in the back seat.

We are lowering the flag from 35 feet to 17 feet and we are going to paint a sign on a four foot by eight foot of 1/2 inch plywood

John McCain an
American Hero
Donald Trump
Russian zero

The wife vetoed the Donald Trump part. I guess most people can read between the lines.

3Ah, shit... Empty Re: Ah, shit... 8/26/2018, 1:07 am

RealLindaL

"The wife" is probably correct.   Taking the high road will be most reflective of McCain's character in this instance, I do believe.

That said, it's been reported since May but not independently confirmed that McCain requested Donald Trump not be in attendance at his funeral, but rather Mike Pence. Good. Can you imagine phony Trump fawning over family when he wouldn't even say McCain's name recently while signing the very defense authorization bill named after the senator??

Sad night in America, and a loss beyond measure for the forces of good and truth in the U.S. Senate.   Aw shit is right!

4Ah, shit... Empty Re: Ah, shit... 8/26/2018, 1:11 am

RealLindaL

I especially admired Barack Obama's reaction the loss of McCain. Such a class act! Trump's Twitter post, on the other hand, seems the epitome of falsehood and hypocrisy:

From Associated Press
August 25, 2018 9:52 PM EST

Reaction to the death of Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona:

"My deepest sympathies and respect go out to the family of Senator John McCain. Our hearts and prayers are with you!" — President Donald Trump, on Twitter.

___

"Our thoughts, prayers and deepest sympathy to the McCain Family. Thank you Senator McCain for your service to the nation." — first lady Melania Trump, on Twitter.

___

"Karen and I send our deepest condolences to Cindy and the entire McCain family on the passing of Senator John McCain. We honor his lifetime of service to this nation in our military and in public life. His family and friends will be in our prayers. God bless John McCain." — Vice President Mike Pence, on Twitter.

___

"My heart is broken. I am so lucky to have lived the adventure of loving this incredible man for 38 years. He passed the way he lived, on his own terms, surrounded by the people he loved, in the place he loved best." — McCain's widow, Cindy, on Twitter.

___

"John McCain and I were members of different generations, came from completely different backgrounds, and competed at the highest level of politics. But we shared, for all our differences, a fidelity to something higher - the ideals for which generations of Americans and immigrants alike have fought, marched, and sacrificed. We saw our political battles, even, as a privilege, something noble, an opportunity to serve as stewards of those high ideals at home, and to advance them around the world. We saw this country as a place where anything is possible - and citizenship as our patriotic obligation to ensure it forever remains that way.

"Few of us have been tested the way John once was, or required to show the kind of courage that he did. But all of us can aspire to the courage to put the greater good above our own. At John's best, he showed us what that means. And for that, we are all in his debt. Michelle and I send our most heartfelt condolences to Cindy and their family." — former President Barack Obama.

___

"Some lives are so vivid, it is difficult to imagine them ended. Some voices are so vibrant, it is hard to think of them stilled. John McCain was a man of deep conviction and a patriot of the highest order. He was a public servant in the finest traditions of our country. And to me, he was a friend whom I'll deeply miss. Laura and I send our heartfelt sympathies to Cindy and the entire McCain family, and our thanks to God for the life of John McCain." — former President George W. Bush.

___

"Senator John McCain believed that every citizen has a responsibility to make something of the freedoms given by our Constitution, and from his heroic service in the Navy to his 35 years in Congress, he lived by his creed every day. He was a skilled, tough politician, as well as a trusted colleague alongside whom Hillary was honored to serve in the Senate. He frequently put partisanship aside to do what he thought was best for the country, and was never afraid to break the mold if it was the right thing to do. I will always be especially grateful for his leadership in our successful efforts to normalize relations with Vietnam. Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife, Cindy, his mother, Roberta, his children, and his entire family." — former President Bill Clinton.

___

"John McCain's life is proof that some truths are timeless. Character. Courage. Integrity. Honor. A life lived embodying those truths casts a long, long shadow. John McCain will cast a long shadow. His impact on America hasn't ended. Not even close. It will go on for many years to come."

"As a POW, John endured the worst of what human beings can do to one another. In politics, he fell short of his greatest ambition. At the end of his life he faced a cruel and relentless disease. And yet through it all he never lost sight of what he believed most: Country First. And the spirit that drove him was never extinguished: we are here to commit ourselves to something bigger than ourselves."

"John was many things - a proud graduate of the Naval Academy, a Senate colleague, a political opponent. But, to me, more than anything, John was a friend. "

"America will miss John McCain. The world will miss John McCain. And I will miss him dearly."

"On behalf of myself, Jill, and the entire Biden family, our sincerest condolences go out to Cindy, Doug, Andy, Sidney, Meghan, Jack, Jimmy, Bridget, and the entire McCain family." — former Vice President Joe Biden.

___

"John McCain served our nation with honor and distinction. He fought for a world that was safer and more free and sacrificed mightily for the nation he loved. Lynne and our family join me in sending our condolences and prayers to the McCain family." — former Vice President Dick Cheney.

___

"Senator John McCain was an American hero and a true patriot. I always admired and respected John from the opposite side of the aisle, because he thrived under pressure, and would work to find common ground, no matter how hard. He dedicated his life to serving the country he loved. I have no doubt that the Maverick's legacy will forever be an important model of leadership and civil discourse." — former Vice President Al Gore, on Twitter.

___

"Today we lost an American original. Sen. John McCain was a maverick and a fighter, never afraid to stand for his beliefs. John never took the easy path in life - and through sacrifice and suffering he inspired others to serve something greater than self. John McCain was my friend. I will remember the good times. My family and I send prayers for Cindy and the McCain family." — Sarah Palin, McCain's 2008 running mate.

___

"This is a sad day for the United States. Our country has lost a decorated war hero and statesman. John McCain was a giant of our time_not just for the things he achieved, but for who he was and what he fought for all his life. John put principle before politics. He put country before self. He was one of the most courageous men of the century. He will always be listed among freedom's most gallant and faithful servants. Our hearts are with his wife, Cindy, his children, and his grandchildren. This Congress, this country, mourn with them." — House Speaker Paul Ryan.

___

"He was also a fascinating personality. He would occasionally be in a bad place with various members, including myself, and when this would blow over it was like nothing ever happened. He also had a wicked sense of humor and it made every tense moment come out better. So, we're going to miss him a lot. We haven't had him since December, and now we won't have him again. I'm going to miss him a lot. He was a great friend." — Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

___

"The Senate, the United States, and the world are lesser places without John McCain. Nothing will overcome the loss of Senator McCain, but so that generations remember him I will be introducing a resolution to rename the Russell building after him. As you go through life, you meet few truly great people. John McCain was one of them. His dedication to his country and the military were unsurpassed, and maybe most of all, he was a truth teller — never afraid to speak truth to power in an era where that has become all too rare." — Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer.

___

"The nation is in tears. Today, with the passing of John McCain, Congress and America have lost a leader and public servant of deep patriotism, outstanding bravery and undaunted spirit. Compelled by his unshakeable faith and deep love of country, he dedicated his life to defending both America and the American idea - fighting tirelessly to ensure that our nation always remains a land of justice, freedom and hope.

"Over the course of John McCain's years of distinguished service, whether as a naval officer, Member of Congress, U.S. Senator or presidential candidate, we all saw firsthand his integrity, humility, courage and grace. He never forgot the great duty he felt to care for our nation's heroes, dedicating his spirit and energy to ensuring that no man or woman in uniform was left behind on the battlefield or once they returned home.

"Paul and I join with all Americans in mourning the loss of this extraordinary national hero. May it be a comfort to his wife, Cindy, and his beloved children, Douglas, Andrew, Sidney, Meghan, John, James and Bridget, and his beautiful mother, Roberta, that so many people in America and around with the world mourn with them and pray for them during this sad time." — House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi.

___

"Words cannot express the sorrow I feel at John McCain's passing. The world has lost a hero and a statesman. Cindy and the McCain family have lost a loving husband and father. I have lost a wonderful friend." — Sen. Jeff Flake.

___

"Our nation aches for truth-tellers. This man will be greatly missed." — Republican Sen. Ben Sasse.

___

"Senator John McCain was an American patriot and hero whose sacrifices for his country, and lifetime of public service, were an inspiration to millions. Canadians join Americans tonight in celebrating his life and mourning his passing." - Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

___

"Tonight we lost an uncompromising patriot and a man of immeasurable courage. Getting to know John McCain was one of the great privileges of my life, and I know my late husband Ted felt the same way."

"Like Teddy, John McCain loved the United States Senate and believed in its power to impact lives in a positive way. Indeed, he declared from the floor of the U.S. Senate that the proudest and most satisfying moments of his career were when he worked with colleagues on both sides of the aisle to address our greatest challenges."

"John's example summons us, in his memory, to live up to what is best in ourselves and to honor what is best in others. In word and deed, he taught us be valiant in the truest sense — faithful to our ideals and principles, but never demonizing those who differ."

"My heart is with Cindy and all the McCain family on this difficult night. I hope and pray that they find solace in knowing what a difference John made in the history of this country. Though he and Teddy had different political philosophies and were from different political parties, they both loved this country and loved each other. John McCain was our friend, and I will miss him, profoundly." - Victoria Kennedy, widow of Sen. Edward M. Kennedy.

___

"A war hero, Senator John McCain led with courage and conviction on and off the battlefield. You always knew where he stood, and he stood straight wherever he was standing. In Congress, where there is more pressure now than ever before to stand on the left or right, Senator McCain often stood in the center_putting patriotism before party; the health care vote he cast last year and his criticism of President Trump are just a few examples.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with his family. Today we lost a true American patriot." - Rep. Cedric Richmond, chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus.

___

"We mourn the passing of a true American patriot, Senator John McCain," said Chairwoman McDaniel. "Senator McCain dedicated his life to serving his country, both during his time in Congress and in combat in the U.S. Navy. He was an advocate for American leadership in the world and a tireless champion of our nation's troops and veterans. We at the RNC are praying for the entire McCain family at this difficult time." — Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel.

___

"John McCain devoted his life to serving his country. He was and always will be an American hero, and the U.S. Senate will not be the same without him. It was his profound sense of moral duty, not partisan party politics, that guided his decisions as a legislator and a leader. From strengthening our military to fighting for immigration reform, Senator McCain was always willing and eager to reach across the aisle to get things done for his constituents and the American people.

"Senator McCain once said, 'Americans never quit. We never surrender. We never hide from history. We make history.' Whether it was fighting alongside his fellow soldiers in Vietnam or standing up for his values on the Senate floor, John McCain never quit. He never surrendered or hid from history. He made history, and our nation will be forever grateful for his service."

"Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, his friends and colleagues in the Senate, and the people of Arizona as we mourn his passing and celebrate his life." — Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez.

5Ah, shit... Empty Re: Ah, shit... 8/26/2018, 2:00 am

zsomething

Damn, that was quick. Almost as soon as they said he was going off his treatments, he just went.

Sad. I didn't agree with a lot of his politics, and especially his choice of Palin (which was something that was reportedly shoved at him against his better judgement), but he was an honorable man and a true dedicated person of service to his country, both in politics and the military. I'll never forget him straightening that woman out who thought Obama was a Muslim. Contrast that to Trump's birther hate-stirring and you see who the real decent American was.

R.I.P., Senator McCain. Both sides could use more like you.

6Ah, shit... Empty Re: Ah, shit... 8/26/2018, 2:35 am

RealLindaL

Well said, z. And yeah, it was quick, seeming in retrospect that the McCain family simply wanted to find a way to advise everyone he was on the way out, without saying the words. I think it did help soften the shock of the blow to the nation, when the end actually came.

As for Palin, someone commented in passing on TV tonight that it's been said the Sarah Palin candidacy paved the way for Trump. I never would've had that thought, but just cogitate on that a few minutes....by golly, I think there's something to it.

7Ah, shit... Empty Re: Ah, shit... 8/26/2018, 10:44 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

RealLindaL wrote:Well said, z.  And yeah, it was quick, seeming in retrospect that the McCain family simply wanted to find a way to advise everyone he was on the way out, without saying the words.  I think it did help soften the shock of the blow to the nation, when the end actually came.

As for Palin, someone commented in passing on TV tonight that it's been said the Sarah Palin candidacy paved the way for Trump.  I never would've had that thought, but just cogitate on that a few minutes....by golly, I think there's something to it.

Yes, he was a very bright spot in an otherwise dismal political landscape. He may be the last real Republican.

Right again about the Palin phenomenon. Her presence revealed the ugly flash of non-thinking purely emotional pseudo patriotism that thinly masks white supremacy. The political strategists seized on this and ran with it via Trump.

McCain will be revered by Americans of both parties. He was the guiding light of his party, what's left of moral leadership in his party.

8Ah, shit... Empty Re: Ah, shit... 8/26/2018, 11:10 am

Deus X

Deus X

McCain was a much more complex and conflicted figure than the Sunday news shows are glossing-up. For a different take on him, here's a couple of links:

https://splinternews.com/the-myth-of-john-mccain-1828587230

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/john-mccain-make-believe-maverick-202004/

The second article is seriously long-form and includes this anecdote:

At Fort McNair, an army base located along the Potomac River in the nation’s capital, a chance reunion takes place one day between two former POWs. It’s the spring of 1974, and Navy commander John Sidney McCain III has returned home from the experience in Hanoi that, according to legend, transformed him from a callow and reckless youth into a serious man of patriotism and purpose. Walking along the grounds at Fort McNair, McCain runs into John Dramesi, an Air Force lieutenant colonel who was also imprisoned and tortured in Vietnam.

McCain is studying at the National War College, a prestigious graduate program he had to pull strings with the Secretary of the Navy to get into. Dramesi is enrolled, on his own merit, at the Industrial College of the Armed Forces in the building next door.

There’s a distance between the two men that belies their shared experience in North Vietnam — call it an honor gap. Like many American POWs, McCain broke down under torture and offered a “confession” to his North Vietnamese captors. Dramesi, in contrast, attempted two daring escapes. For the second he was brutalized for a month with daily torture sessions that nearly killed him. His partner in the escape, Lt. Col. Ed Atterberry, didn’t survive the mistreatment. But Dramesi never said a disloyal word, and for his heroism was awarded two Air Force Crosses, one of the service’s highest distinctions. McCain would later hail him as “one of the toughest guys I’ve ever met.”

On the grounds between the two brick colleges, the chitchat between the scion of four-star admirals and the son of a prizefighter turns to their academic travels; both colleges sponsor a trip abroad for young officers to network with military and political leaders in a distant corner of the globe.

“I’m going to the Middle East,” Dramesi says. “Turkey, Kuwait, Lebanon, Iran.”

“Why are you going to the Middle East?” McCain asks, dismissively.

“It’s a place we’re probably going to have some problems,” Dramesi says.

“Why? Where are you going to, John?”

“Oh, I’m going to Rio.”

“What the hell are you going to Rio for?”

McCain, a married father of three, shrugs.

“I got a better chance of getting laid.”

There's something very human and honest about that, much more honest than all that "service to country" crap he feeds the rubes.

Still, I'm inclined to give him a pass for his deeply reactionary opinions. I can't imagine going through what those flyers went through in Hanoi.

[For anyone interested, the best book on that subject is: P.O.W.: A Definitive History of the American Prisoner-Of-War Experience in Vietnam, 1964-1973 by John Hubbell]

Despite five years of abuse and torture he was able to write the following in his press release about restoring diplomatic relations with Vietnam in 1995:

We have looked back in anger at Vietnam for too long. I cannot allow whatever resentments I incurred during my time in Vietnam to hold me from doing what is so clearly my duty. I believe it is my duty to encourage this country to build from the losses and the hopes of our tragic war in Vietnam a better peace for both the American and the Vietnamese people.

https://www.mccain.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=a7591ed4-a6be-42c1-b052-9608391f21ef

I also think he planned his own demise and I admire him for it. Glioblastoma, in the end stage, is a horrible disease.

9Ah, shit... Empty Re: Ah, shit... 8/26/2018, 11:24 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I didn't agree with his politics often, especially during the Bush years, but I will mourn his passing.

10Ah, shit... Empty Re: Ah, shit... 8/26/2018, 9:20 pm

Deus X

Deus X

A final twist of the knife:

Trump nixed White House statement praising McCain

President Trump rejected a White House statement praising Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) following his death on Saturday, according to a Washington Post report.

Trump reportedly told his aides that he preferred to tweet his condolence, and tweeted out a pared-down statement in which he did not offer praise of the Arizona Republican.

"My deepest sympathies and respect go out to the family of Senator John McCain," Trump tweeted after reports confirmed that McCain had died. "Our hearts and prayers are with you!”

Press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, chief of staff John Kelly and other White House aides advocated for a detailed official statement that referred to McCain as a "hero" and gave him accolades for his military service, the Post reported. Aides wrote the statement and Sanders edited it over the weekend.

Trump declined to release the statement.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/403721-trump-nixed-white-house-statement-praising-mccain-report

What a piece-of-shit Trump is!

C'mon ConservaLoony, you hateful bitch, defend THAT!

11Ah, shit... Empty Re: Ah, shit... 8/26/2018, 9:31 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I must admit not watching much TV this weekend but have seen snippets of memorials for McCain. It is sad to see him go because he served as the conscience of what's left of the GOP. It was refreshing to have the national focus on a decent American rather than hearing about the latest scandal surrounding 45 and the rest of the mafia gang that is trying to run the country.

12Ah, shit... Empty Re: Ah, shit... 8/26/2018, 9:48 pm

RealLindaL

Deus X wrote:Glioblastoma, in the end stage, is a horrible disease.

What, exactly, does it cause in the end stage to make you say that? And doesn't palliative care alleviate a lot of whatever that is? I sure hope so.

13Ah, shit... Empty Re: Ah, shit... 8/26/2018, 9:49 pm

RealLindaL

othershoe1030 wrote:It is sad to see him go because he served as the conscience of what's left of the GOP. It was refreshing to have the national focus on a decent American rather than hearing about the latest scandal surrounding 45 and the rest of the mafia gang that is trying to run the country.

Agree with every last thing you said here.

14Ah, shit... Empty Re: Ah, shit... 8/26/2018, 9:55 pm

RealLindaL

Deus X wrote:A final twist of the knife:

Trump nixed White House statement praising McCain

President Trump rejected a White House statement praising Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) following his death on Saturday, according to a Washington Post report.

Trump reportedly told his aides that he preferred to tweet his condolence, and tweeted out a pared-down statement in which he did not offer praise of the Arizona Republican.

"My deepest sympathies and respect go out to the family of Senator John McCain," Trump tweeted after reports confirmed that McCain had died. "Our hearts and prayers are with you!”

Press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, chief of staff John Kelly and other White House aides advocated for a detailed official statement that referred to McCain as a "hero" and gave him accolades for his military service, the Post reported. Aides wrote the statement and Sanders edited it over the weekend.

Trump declined to release the statement.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/403721-trump-nixed-white-house-statement-praising-mccain-report

What a piece-of-shit Trump is!

C'mon ConservaLoony, you hateful bitch, defend THAT!

O.     M.    G.

It's time for the senior Huckabee to show some balls and talk his daughter into leaving that so-called job -- the one literally from hell.

15Ah, shit... Empty Re: Ah, shit... 8/26/2018, 10:29 pm

Deus X

Deus X

RealLindaL wrote:
Deus X wrote:Glioblastoma, in the end stage, is a horrible disease.

What, exactly, does it cause in the end stage to make you say that?  And doesn't palliative care alleviate a lot of whatever that is?  I sure hope so.

It depends on the case but you eventually lose the ability to communicate or even think straight. Sometimes patients end up in what's called "locked-in syndrome" where you're conscious but can't move or communicate.

Seizures are common in a lot of cases as is incontinence. Some patients lose their sight or the ability to swallow or control your extremities. Mostly you just lose your "you".

Palliative care is damn near as bad, they shoot you full of propofol--the Michael Jackson drug--or midazolam, another strong sedative, until you're practically in an induced coma.

I think he knew how bad it was gonna get and took matters into his own hands after discussing it with his family. I admire him for that.

16Ah, shit... Empty Re: Ah, shit... 8/27/2018, 1:33 am

RealLindaL

Thanks for that information, Deus, as terrible as it is. I agree that McCain probably had things all arranged in advance as to how to check out when the worst was imminent.

17Ah, shit... Empty Re: Ah, shit... 8/27/2018, 4:10 am

Telstar

Telstar

Ah, shit... Dumb10

18Ah, shit... Empty Re: Ah, shit... 8/27/2018, 9:23 am

zsomething

Trump has no idea how petty and small he looks by not having enough grace to even let a statement go through.

I hope Trump looks at all the praise McCain is getting and knows that when he dies, nobody will be saying anything even remotely as nice about him. McCain had flaws, as do we all, but he did care about this country and tried to serve its best interests. Trump serves only himself, and at the expense of everyone else. And he's too narcissistic and insane to even realize what a jerk he is. I don't think his parents even raised him... they just let him fester and this is what comes of that. Trump has no character or decency or dignity.

19Ah, shit... Empty Re: Ah, shit... 8/27/2018, 10:28 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

zsomething wrote:Trump has no idea how petty and small he looks by not having enough grace to even let a statement go through.

I hope Trump looks at all the praise McCain is getting and knows that when he dies, nobody will be saying anything even remotely as nice about him.   McCain had flaws, as do we all, but he did care about this country and tried to serve its best interests.  Trump serves only himself, and at the expense of everyone else.  And he's too narcissistic and insane to even realize what a jerk he is.   I don't think his parents even raised him... they just let him fester and this is what comes of that.  Trump has no character or decency or dignity.

NO MORALS. NO ETHICS. NO INTEGRITY.

20Ah, shit... Empty Re: Ah, shit... 8/27/2018, 10:29 am

zsomething

And it gets even pettier -- Trump has the flags at the White House flying at full-staff, instead of half-staff in honor of McCain.

https://hillreporter.com/trumps-white-house-fails-to-keep-flag-at-half-staff-to-honor-mccain-6440

Also, he has yet to tweet so much as a word about the Jacksonville shooting, but found time to tweet about celebrities saying "nice things" about him.

I'm extremely proud I never put myself in a position where I'd have to defend this piece of shit. Anyone who does shouldn't be able to look in a mirror without feeling the need to vomit.

21Ah, shit... Empty Re: Ah, shit... 8/27/2018, 11:06 am

balud

that's simply policy for a congress member. But go ahead and blame our president. All good. Folks see what's going on. We're just quiet.

22Ah, shit... Empty Re: Ah, shit... 8/27/2018, 11:46 am

zsomething

balud wrote:that's simply policy for a congress member.  But go ahead and blame our president.  All good. Folks see what's going on.  We're just quiet.  

If that's so, why are flags at the U.S. Capitol, cabinet buildings, other monuments etc. all flying at half-staff? And this, after Trump nixed publishing a tribute to McCain than White House staff wrote.

Even flags in my town are half-staff. You don't want us to blame the president, but that sure as hell seems to be the one who deserves it.

23Ah, shit... Empty Re: Ah, shit... 8/27/2018, 12:37 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

zsomething wrote:
balud wrote:that's simply policy for a congress member.  But go ahead and blame our president.  All good. Folks see what's going on.  We're just quiet.  

If that's so, why are flags at the U.S. Capitol, cabinet buildings, other monuments etc. all flying at half-staff?   And this, after Trump nixed publishing a tribute to McCain than White House staff wrote.

Even flags in my town are half-staff.   You don't want us to blame the president, but that sure as hell seems to be the one who deserves it.

First Barbara Bush, and now John McCain, didn't want Drumpf at their funerals. Why do you think that is, balud?

24Ah, shit... Empty Re: Ah, shit... 8/27/2018, 12:40 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I have to say that John McCain really reminded me of my father-in-law, who passed away in 1999. They were both Navy pilots; my FIL was a few years older and fought in WWII. But after we lost him, I was always reminded of him when I heard McCain speak...their voices were uncannily similar.

25Ah, shit... Empty Re: Ah, shit... 8/27/2018, 3:15 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Ah, shit... Rip_tr10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum