Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Analysis: Government set to borrow nearly $1 trillion this year, an 84 percent jump from last year

+4
2seaoat
PkrBum
Deus X
Floridatexan
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

PkrBum

PkrBum

knothead wrote:
Deus X wrote:Responding to PkrBoy's taunts just encourages him. He has no desire--or ability, for that matter--to engage in intelligent dialogue. His only purpose is to annoy and sow discord. If everyone just ignored him, he'd lose interest and go away.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL!

I'm trying to not be judgmental . . . . I like pkr . . . always have but he has his views I have mine and they collide harshly during this Trump era for sure.

Thank you Knot... I like you too. But keep your guard up... lol. Razz

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
knothead wrote:
Deus X wrote:Responding to PkrBoy's taunts just encourages him. He has no desire--or ability, for that matter--to engage in intelligent dialogue. His only purpose is to annoy and sow discord. If everyone just ignored him, he'd lose interest and go away.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL!

I'm trying to not be judgmental . . . . I like pkr . . . always have but he has his views I have mine and they collide harshly during this Trump era for sure.

Thank you Knot... I like you too. But keep your guard up... lol.  Razz

Yeah, Knot...watch your back.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
knothead wrote:

DON'T FEED THE TROLL!

I even like you. I love you

2seaoat

I do not see PK taunting anybody. He has different views. My only concern is that to have a scholarly discussion of issues requires definitions and concepts. Making up chit which no graduate school in America could make heads or tails out of the home grown concepts which PK just pulls out of thin air or misuses basic concepts and definitions to create some kind of alternative feudal paradigm which does get tiring at times, but he is quite capable of using the terms correctly, and understanding concepts. He chooses to abandon the science in economics and politics, and create his own definitions and concepts.

PkrBum

PkrBum

When I see flaws and inconsistencies in the standard taught concepts I'll call them out.

I don't need confirmation from the consensus. I think for myself... no apologies.

zsomething

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
knothead wrote:

DON'T FEED THE TROLL!

I tried that route for a while, but there was no reward for it. Then the taking up for the Nazis cinched it. Frickin' done. I'll no longer treat him as anything but scum, 'cuz that's all he's earned. But, try if you want, good luck.

knothead

knothead

I'm trying to not be judgmental

I just logged on to read the responses from others and it made me read our thread carefully and in doing so realize that my own statement (above) is literally nothing more than BS. I like to think I am not judgemental but I am so not beyond that. It is but one of my many flaws. In my attempt to reconcile my passionate views I went back and did some reading and found consolation for myself by reading (once again) Common Sense pamphlet by Thomas Paine. So much of this correlates to the mess our nation is in today and I recognize we are all passionate in our views but will simply post the beginning for others to give some thought to, it reads as follows:

These are the times that try men’s souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it now deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us—that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: It is dearness only that gives everything its value.

My wife is sometimes concerned because she thinks I am too obsessed with the man in the Oval office along with his non stop shenanigans. She knows me well enough to know that when this topic arises in a social setting I am more likely than not to challenge and defend my own views. In so doing I am trying desperately to be a patriot and a defender to that force that threatens our nation, its people and way of life. For me it has made life somewhat difficult because of my sincere concern for all our nation, I hope I am wrong in this assessment.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

knothead wrote:I'm trying to not be judgmental

I just logged on to read the responses from others and it made me read our thread carefully and in doing so realize that my own statement (above) is literally nothing more than BS. I like to think I am not judgemental but I am so not beyond that. It is but one of my many flaws. In my attempt to reconcile my passionate views I went back and did some reading and found consolation for myself by reading (once again) Common Sense pamphlet by Thomas Paine. So much of this correlates to the mess our nation is in today and I recognize we are all passionate in our views but will simply post the beginning for others to give some thought to, it reads as follows:

These are the times that try men’s souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it now deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us—that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: It is dearness only that gives everything its value.

My wife is sometimes concerned because she thinks I am too obsessed with the man in the Oval office along with his non stop shenanigans. She knows me well enough to know that when this topic arises in a social setting I am more likely than not to challenge and defend my own views. In so doing I am trying desperately to be a patriot and a defender to that force that threatens our nation, its people and way of life. For me it has made life somewhat difficult because of my sincere concern for all our nation, I hope I am wrong in this assessment.  

Knot, I'm sending you my biggest hug for that. Sometimes it's just hard.

knothead

knothead

Floridatexan wrote:

Knot, I'm sending you my biggest hug for that.  Sometimes it's just hard.

Thanks FT, I appreciate that!

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

And knot, consider yourself officially hugged TWICE. Never give up the good fight! We have to stand up against this insanity.

Deus X

Deus X

Paine wrote that pamphlet 240 years ago, so just think of all the crises the U.S. has been through since then. We've had a lot of shitty Presidents in that time and always muddled through.

Nothing Trump can do is irreversible and we have an election coming up in a few months. The House and maybe even the Senate will change hands and Trump will be effectively neutered. Having this asshole as President bears no resemblance to any of the really serious times this country has been through.

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:
knothead wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

And knot, consider yourself officially hugged TWICE.  Never give up the good fight!  We have to stand up against this insanity.

Thank you Linda, I love hugs!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum