Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The net worth of the richest americans grew to 1.7 trillion from last year! What recession?

+3
2seaoat
Floridatexan
knothead
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-usa-billionaires-forbesbre88i0wa-20120919,0,4381689.story

knothead

knothead

dreams, talk about wealth redistribution? Trickle up?

You can thank obama for that with his wallstreet bailouts.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/price-tag-for-wall-street-bailout-goes-up/2012/02/13/gIQAUdB3BR_story.html

The Obama administration has repeatedly boasted how the historic rescue of Wall Street will cost taxpayers far less than originally expected. But the budget proposal released Monday came with some unwelcome news: The price tag of the bailout is suddenly going up

obama bailed out wallstreet and kicked us out to main street where we will soon be waiting in lines for food stamps.

knothead

knothead

This is proof positive the direction our nation is going . . . . . back to the gilded age? The numbers substantiate that and as posted in another thread it is wealth redistribution in reverse. The wealth of our nation is slowly being consolidated among the wealthiest and no end in sight. Romney stands for who? We all know the reason don't we?

knothead wrote:This is proof positive the direction our nation is going . . . . . back to the gilded age? The numbers substantiate that and as posted in another thread it is wealth redistribution in reverse. The wealth of our nation is slowly being consolidated among the wealthiest and no end in sight. Romney stands for who? We all know the reason don't we?

you cant hide the fact that obama created this situation. You dont know what romney would do. to think he is for the wealthy only is nothing but regurgitated left wing memos. try not to deflect the topic.

fact is, you do know what obama will do and you know the outcome. This is the outcome, obama created it.

knothead

knothead

Rogue wrote:
knothead wrote:This is proof positive the direction our nation is going . . . . . back to the gilded age? The numbers substantiate that and as posted in another thread it is wealth redistribution in reverse. The wealth of our nation is slowly being consolidated among the wealthiest and no end in sight. Romney stands for who? We all know the reason don't we?

you cant hide the fact that obama created this situation. You dont know what romney would do. to think he is for the wealthy only is nothing but regurgitated left wing memos. try not to deflect the topic.

fact is, you do know what obama will do and you know the outcome. This is the outcome, obama created it.

go play with yourself, ok?

Rogue wrote:You can thank obama for that with his wallstreet bailouts.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/price-tag-for-wall-street-bailout-goes-up/2012/02/13/gIQAUdB3BR_story.html

The Obama administration has repeatedly boasted how the historic rescue of Wall Street will cost taxpayers far less than originally expected. But the budget proposal released Monday came with some unwelcome news: The price tag of the bailout is suddenly going up

obama bailed out wallstreet and kicked us out to main street where we will soon be waiting in lines for food stamps.

You must have failed economics 101.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

JUST SO YOU DON'T FORGET IT...I will say it one more time. The bailout of Wall Street happened in October 2008, THREE MONTHS before Obama took office. You are so uninformed it's laughable.

knothead wrote:dreams, talk about wealth redistribution? Trickle up?

Ain't that the truth? I'm no economics scholar but you'd have to be blind not to see where this is going.

2seaoat

you cant hide the fact that obama created this situation.

Take a deep breath. President Obama will get a second term. The problem of the median income index is not President Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, or Nixon's individual problem. They could not have in any of their presidencies stopped the trend.....they however, could have slowed the decline. Much of the lost wealth of this nation is structural, but when you have special interests working over congress for 40 years you have the formula for our decline.....so when you suggest that Obama created this situation, you simply are not being intellectually honest, or you are so blinded by your fears of Obama, your cognitive skills decline when ever you reference him.

"Forbes attributed the growth in net worth in part to the performance of the stock market and a recovering real estate market."

Of course, we all know the stimulus didn't work,eh?

2seaoat wrote:you cant hide the fact that obama created this situation.

Take a deep breath. President Obama will get a second term. The problem of the median income index is not President Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, or Nixon's individual problem. They could not have in any of their presidencies stopped the trend.....they however, could have slowed the decline. Much of the lost wealth of this nation is structural, but when you have special interests working over congress for 40 years you have the formula for our decline.....so when you suggest that Obama created this situation, you simply are not being intellectually honest, or you are so blinded by your fears of Obama, your cognitive skills decline when ever you reference him.

What cognitive skills?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

We of the sinking middle class may sink without
further struggles into the working class where we belong, and probably
when we get there it will not be so dreadful as we feared, for, after
all, we have nothing to lose.

George Orwell

Who did they redistribute their wealth from? Did the government take money from "the poor" and give it to Bill Gates, Warren Buffett or any of the others on this list. What happened to the America where we celebrated success business people?

nsureme wrote:

Who did they redistribute their wealth from? Did the government take money from "the poor" and give it to Bill Gates, Warren Buffett or any of the others on this list. What happened to the America where we celebrated success business people?

I don't have a problem w/ successful business people. I have a problem w/ them not paying their fair share.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:
nsureme wrote:

I don't have a problem w/ successful business people. I have a problem w/ them not paying their fair share.

Well if they use the IRS laws that exist and pay what it demands then what's the problem ?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

nsureme wrote:

Actually the wealth came from the middle class in the form of stagnant wages over several decades, trade policies that sent good jobs overseas to reduce overhead and a myriad of tax loopholes especially designed to benefit the top earners.

It is a trickle up system that is paying off big time for the top few percent. Don't make it sound so innocent, like the poor have no money so how could this possibly happen. Take a look at the wealth distribution figures over the past 50 or so years and you can see the shift.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
nsureme wrote:

Well if they use the IRS laws that exist and pay what it demands then what's the problem ?
The problem is the big dogs wrote the tax laws. They lobbied for special treatment, special specific loopholes that would benefit their particular lines of work.

It is easy to win a game when you get to write the rules.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

othershoe1030 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
nsureme wrote:

The problem is the big dogs wrote the tax laws. They lobbied for special treatment, special specific loopholes that would benefit their particular lines of work.

Oh and now you accuse our criminal government of being criminal ?...welcome to the club.

Political language... is designed to make lies sound
truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity
to pure wind.

George Orwell

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
nsureme wrote:

Oh and now you accuse our criminal government of being criminal ?...welcome to the club.

to pure wind.

George Orwell

I don't see how criminality comes into the equation if they wrote the laws in their favor and against a sector.Remember the famous words of Leona Helmsley "only the little people pay taxes".

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
nsureme wrote:

to pure wind.

George Orwell

I don't see how criminality comes into the equation if they wrote the laws in their favor and against a sector.Remember the famous words of Leona Helmsley "only the little people pay taxes".

Well all men are created equal some just inherit a headstart. WTH.

Floridatexan wrote:

JUST SO YOU DON'T FORGET IT...I will say it one more time. The bailout of Wall Street happened in October 2008, THREE MONTHS before Obama took office. You are so uninformed it's laughable.

if you think obama is against wallstreet, you would be wrong. btw. obama as a senator voted for the wallstreet bailout.

and he has since continued to bail them out.

Lavern wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

if you think obama is against wallstreet, you would be wrong. btw. obama as a senator voted for the wallstreet bailout.

LOL!

Dreamsglore wrote:
Lavern wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

LOL!

best to laugh it off.

You were the ones who were upset that the rich got richer under obama.

I do beleive I remember obama promising a trickle up economy LOL

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Lavern wrote:

How can you be so sure of yourself and so completely uninformed at the same time? You are utterly ridiculous blaming the financial crisis on Obama. He hadn't taken office when it happened...not til FOUR MONTHS LATER. At least get your facts straight before you go running off at the mouth...again. It was BUSH that almost took our country to the brink, and if you're too stupid to see that Romney is no different than Bush, probably worse, if that's possible, I feel sorry for you because something is wrong with your head. OK, we already knew that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum