Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

time is getting short

+8
EmeraldGhost
Vikingwoman
knothead
Telstar
Floridatexan
Joanimaroni
zsomething
PkrBum
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 33  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 33]

501time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/6/2018, 10:49 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Stay hydrated and keep your calorie intake high.

502time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/7/2018, 2:06 am

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:Stay hydrated and keep your calorie intake high.

If only that were the answer.....

503time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/7/2018, 7:49 am

2seaoat

With the drastic weight loss, the blood pressure meds are too powerful as my blood pressure was eighty over fifty five. We are cutting pills in half and will try to get the blood pressure right as the weakness could partially be explained by the weight loss and over medication in light of the same.

504time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/7/2018, 7:57 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

That sounds reasonable. But heed Joani's advice. Hydration and fuel for your system are very important.

505time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/7/2018, 12:03 pm

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:(Also confess I feel knot's same trepidation -- pretty much every day now -- when opening the General section of this forum.)

I have discussed this issue with my wife during the last three weeks.  We decided to keep it real with family and friends and not spin it.  I have filtered my posts now because I know my pain causes others pain......so I try to keep it real over the last ten years, but this simply is a bit too messy.  I know how crazy sad I got with Bob's rapid decline, but I was happy he kept us posted until he no longer could.  So I will try to avoid the pain comments.

There is absolutely no need to avoid expressing your pain or describing other symptoms here.  Keeping it real is a good thing between friends.  The trepidation that I (and, I feel pretty certain) knothead were referring to was the fear that we would open the Forum one day and find a message from Mrs. Sea that you were gone.   That's a perfectly natural concern but doesn't mean we won't keep coming  back to appreciate your posts the same as you (and we all) did Bob's.  It  just means we (again, naturally) dread the day when we lose you for good. Understood?

Exactly and well said Linda . . . .. I'm not ready for the loss so I play ostrich!

506time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/7/2018, 12:24 pm

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:Exactly and well said Linda . . . .. I'm not ready for the loss so I play ostrich!

And yet...here you are! Smile

507time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/7/2018, 3:28 pm

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:
knothead wrote:Exactly and well said Linda . . . .. I'm not ready for the loss so I play ostrich!

And yet...here you are!  Smile

True . . . . so true!! Wink

508time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/8/2018, 2:51 pm

2seaoat

Hospice nurse prescribed liquid morphine from a dropper. We have it, but we also got an anti constipation prescription which I will take a couple of days before caving to the pain......I know what the morphine means.......but at this point the nurse just had to look at my face and was not going to leave without a game plan on pain. My wife is relieved because this has been hard on her that I do no seek pain relief from opiates, but the end time is here and I might as well give it a try. It is getting more difficult to post, but I hope I can keep my strength up to the very end.

509time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/8/2018, 3:37 pm

RealLindaL

Seaoat check your PM's.

Heading out -- more later.

510time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/8/2018, 4:02 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Best wishes. I'm glad that you have a plan. If the anti-constipation med doesn't work let me know. My sister is a paraplegic as you might recall. They have severe issues and have "bowel programs". She was recommended a natural supplement by the Cleveland Clinic. I'd be glad to ask her about it.

511time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/8/2018, 11:34 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Stay ahead of the pain.

512time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/9/2018, 1:14 am

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:Stay ahead of the pain.

Joani's right, of course, since pain begets even more pain if not quelled.

And FWIW I think you're right to try the opiates now, in lieu of morphine.*  Hoping they give you (and your dear Mrs. Sea!) some much needed relief.

Thinking of you tonight...

Editing to correct:  Obviously I misunderstood/misspoke -- for some reason  had opioid pills in mind rather than morphine as an opiate.  Sorry.

Last edited by RealLindaL on 11/9/2018, 12:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

513time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/9/2018, 8:58 am

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Stay ahead of the pain.

Joani's right, of course, since pain begets even more pain if not quelled.

And FWIW I think you're right to try the opiates now, in lieu of morphine.  Hoping they give you (and your dear Mrs. Sea!) some much needed relief.

Thinking of you tonight...

Thoughts for Mr. Oats . . . .

514time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/9/2018, 12:24 pm

2seaoat

Morphine in low dose is really quite comforting at this point. Now we fight the cramping and constipation. Historically, this has been more uncomfortable than the bone met pain. The prescription, plus a prune, and a small can of prune juice let all holy hell loose last night. The relief was immediate. Now to strike a balance between morphine and constipation. I am hopeful.

If I can get this combo right, I will be able to leave the home and do some activities. Typing is easier this morning as the pain levels are way down.

I fought using opiates for ten years in my battle with cancer. I do not think I could keep my sanity without the medical pot, and certainly if this transition works, my quality of life just improved. Whether it harms my liver, is a wait and see experiment. The Hospice nurse just took control of my stubborn asz and saw no rational basis not to go to morphine.

515time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/9/2018, 12:34 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Really glad to hear this. I asked my sister what Cleveland Clinic had recommended to add to her program and it was magnesium citrate. Very cheap on Amazon.

516time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/9/2018, 12:42 pm

2seaoat

I will check it out after I try balancing my current meds to find a middle ground.

517time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/9/2018, 12:46 pm

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:Really glad to hear this. I asked my sister what Cleveland Clinic had recommended to add to her program and it was magnesium citrate. Very cheap on Amazon.

Also readily available (and inexpensive) at most chain drugstores. Often prescribed in cleaning out before colonoscopy.

518time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/9/2018, 12:50 pm

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I fought using opiates for ten years in my battle with cancer.  I do not think I could keep my sanity without the medical pot, and certainly if this transition works, my quality of life just improved.  Whether it harms my liver, is a wait and see experiment.  The Hospice nurse just took control of my stubborn asz and saw no rational basis not to go to morphine.

I/we know how hard you fought, and respect your decision to relent at this stage.  Hope you and the morphine get along famously.

519time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/9/2018, 3:43 pm

2seaoat

We took some of our security cameras and just had them face the river. I now can watch all the wildlife and river activity. Still having trouble sleeping, but the pain is significantly down. We can increase the dose, but I only want half......until I absolutely need to increase the drops. Granddaughters visiting Sunday with daughter, and I have a high school friend who was superintendant of schools in Iowa and Illinois who may drop by for a visit. Visits are good, because I have been loosing my mind without social contact. I love people, and good friends bring so much comfort.

520time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/9/2018, 4:22 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Enjoy your visits

521time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/11/2018, 5:31 pm

2seaoat

wonderful grandkid time this weekend. We just finished an hour of poker next to my chair......priceless. Too many smiles and laughs........blessed.

522time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/11/2018, 9:43 pm

RealLindaL

Very glad for you, Sea. And you are indeed fortunate. Some of us will never know the joy of grandchildren, never mind those who love us and love to laugh with us. Hope you can keep those kids close by.

523time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/11/2018, 11:21 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Happy for you Seaoat.

524time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/12/2018, 6:21 pm

2seaoat

eight couples are getting together for dinner Tuesday, and the wife will go and I will stay home. I crave social interaction, but we do not know the restaurant, it is in an older building and handicap restrooms become a huge problem. I cannot eat. I cannot drink. I know they want to visit with me, but I have declined too far.......some days I think I might have some time.....not today. I went most of the day yesterday and today not taking the morphine.......had to cave a couple of hours ago. It does allow me to type easier as the cramping is not as bad. Z's recommendations for getting off the toilet and chairs has been huge. I have no problem getting up with a grab bar as I use my left hand to push down on the front of the toilet seat, lean forward, and then pull with the right hand, and my general weakness is completely bypassed. It is incredible. How long before I decline further is yet to be determined.

525time is getting short - Page 21 Empty Re: time is getting short 11/13/2018, 1:54 am

RealLindaL

Wish you could go to the dinner but the decision not to seems eminently wise. Will there be someone there with you when Mrs. Sea goes, I hope?

Thank you for sharing the hint about rising from the toilet. Amazing how that works so well. Will file it away, as many of us will face the same problem sooner or later. I just hope I still have enough brain left if/when that time comes to remember Seaoat told me....

(Gosh, making myself tear up here. Ninny!)

As for the morphine....can't tell you what to do, of course, but just hope you'll not allow yourself to become too uncomfortable.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 33]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum