Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump Called For Mueller's Firing in June 2017 but White House Counsel Threatened To Quit

+5
2seaoat
Floridatexan
PkrBum
zsomething
Telstar
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Telstar

Telstar

President Donald Trump called for special counsel Robert Mueller's firing last June, according to one person familiar with the matter.

White House counsel Don McGahn refused to order the Justice Department to fire Mueller because he disagreed with the President's reasoning, the source said. However, according to the source, McGahn did not threaten to resign directly to the President.

The New York Times was first to report that Trump called for Mueller's departure in June 2017.

The call for Mueller's firing came just a month after Trump fired former FBI Director James Comey in May. Later that month, Mueller was appointed by the Department of Justice to manage the special counsel investigation into possible Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

In June, The Washington Post reported that Mueller's investigation was broadening to include looking into a potential obstruction of justice case.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/25/politics/donald-trump-robert-mueller/index.html

zsomething

He's like a toddler. Only the adults around him are saving him from doing stupid, self-harmful things.

"Very stable genius," indeed!

Again, if Republicans are so certain that Trump's innocent of wrongdoing, it seems like they'd be anxious to have the investigation continue because it would clear his name. You don't try so hard to block something that would benefit you... you block it 'cuz you have something to hide and don't want it found out. Every step of the way they're trying to obstruct or disqualify the investigation, because they know it's going to find them dirty, and their only hope is making their base disbelieve the findings. Which their base will do, because they're a brainwashed cult.

PkrBum

PkrBum

zsomething wrote:, because they know it's going to find them dirty, and their only hope is making their base disbelieve the findings.   Which their base will do, because they're a brainwashed cult.

Yet who is doing mental gymnastics to believe something that there's no evidence of? Where's the collusion (besides the dnc dossier)? The left abuses fisa for political purposes... but that's ok if it undermines a pub.

Telstar

Telstar

Trump Called For Mueller's Firing in June 2017 but White House Counsel Threatened To Quit Pkr_bu27

zsomething

"No evidence."

lol!

That's the kind of denial that earns people a straightjacket. Very Happy

And it's also the shark that's just been jumped.  There's no reason to do anything except laugh at this pathetic idiot anymore. I'm really just gonna have to practice better impulse-control and do a better job heeding the "don't feed the troll" warnings, because anything else is clearly a waste of my time and an insult to my intelligence. This is an attention-needy child trying to get a reaction, nothing more. I cannot take him seriously even at a dealing-with-an-imbecile level anymore... now it's like arguing with an eggplant. You can't even get entertainment value out of that.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Yet you can't list any evidence. You're a particularly useful idiot... all spun up with no hard evidence.

Telstar

Telstar

Trump Called For Mueller's Firing in June 2017 but White House Counsel Threatened To Quit Pkr_bu28

zsomething

Please click here and enjoy the footage of Sean Hannity dismissing this story as fake... then minutes later having to admit the truth of it and then immediately blowing it off to show a car crash.

Laughing

When you're despearate, distraction is your BFF.

SQUIRREL!!!!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The Oath of Office:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Knowing only what has been reported in the press (and in slips of the tongue by Drumpf himself), it appears that Mueller has a solid case of obstruction of justice. Drumpf seems to think that the AG, FBI, etc. are his personal bodyguards. Has he forgotten that he swore an oath to the Constitution?

Obstruction Inquiry Shows Trump’s Struggle to Keep Grip on Russia Investigation

By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT JAN. 4, 2018

WASHINGTON — "President Trump gave firm instructions in March to the White House’s top lawyer: stop the attorney general, Jeff Sessions, from recusing himself in the Justice Department’s investigation into whether Mr. Trump’s associates had helped a Russian campaign to disrupt the 2016 election.

Public pressure was building for Mr. Sessions, who had been a senior member of the Trump campaign, to step aside. But the White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II, carried out the president’s orders and lobbied Mr. Sessions to remain in charge of the inquiry, according to two people with knowledge of the episode.

Mr. McGahn was unsuccessful, and the president erupted in anger in front of numerous White House officials, saying he needed his attorney general to protect him. Mr. Trump said he had expected his top law enforcement official to safeguard him the way he believed Robert F. Kennedy, as attorney general, had done for his brother John F. Kennedy and Eric H. Holder Jr. had for Barack Obama.

Mr. Trump then asked, “Where’s my Roy Cohn?” He was referring to his former personal lawyer and fixer, who had been Senator Joseph R. McCarthy’s top aide during the investigations into communist activity in the 1950s and died in 1986.

The lobbying of Mr. Sessions is one of several previously unreported episodes that the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, has learned about as he investigates whether Mr. Trump obstructed the F.B.I.’s Russia inquiry. The events occurred during a two-month period — from when Mr. Sessions recused himself in March until the appointment of Mr. Mueller in May — when Mr. Trump believed he was losing control over the investigation..."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/04/us/politics/trump-sessions-russia-mcgahn.html?_r=0

2seaoat

I do not know what the investigation will find, but to conclude that he did or did not do things is pure speculation. Certainly, the obstruction of justice is obvious, but I do not have all the facts. The idea that an investigation takes time does not mean there is no underlying crimes. Patience is difficult with such an obnoxious person, but every American needs a fair and complete investigation.

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:Please click here and enjoy the footage of Sean Hannity dismissing this story as fake... then minutes later having to admit the truth of it and then immediately blowing it off to show a car crash.

Laughing

When you're despearate, distraction is your BFF.

SQUIRREL!!!!

The center ring clown on Faux News Pravda. lol!

Deus X

Deus X

‘Imagine the implications of probing the motives behind a constitutionally authorized act’
Alan Dershowitz, emeritus professor of law at Harvard University.

A president cannot be accused of obstruction for merely exercising his constitutional authority regardless of his motive. Imagine the implications of probing the motives behind a constitutionally authorized act. Why did Obama not veto the anti-Israel U.N. Security Council resolution? Many commentators believe he was motivated by a desire to get even with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Why did Bill Clinton pardon Mark Rich? Are some presidential actions motivated by potential book sales? Future speech fees? Partisan advantage? Friendships? Payback? It would create a dangerous precedent for a prosecutor to be empowered to criminalize a president’s motives.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/01/26/trump-tried-to-fire-mueller-so-what-216539

2seaoat

A president cannot be accused of obstruction for merely exercising his constitutional authority regardless of his motive.

That concept is partially correct in the clear delineation of his constitutional authority. It is incorrect as to obstruction of a pending investigation. Please read US vs Nixon. The professor is an old man who is a shill for various lobbies, but he completely understands his play on words. Under that logic the special prosecutor in Nixon could be fired and a President could actively participate in criminal behavior and be above the law. Nope. The good professor should consult a real Harvard constitutional scholar Larry Tribe. He understands.

PkrBum

PkrBum

The fbi director works at the pleasure of the potus. It doesn't matter what his rational was. The investigation was already ongoing... and continued. The special council was assigned... and has continued to investigate. The firing appears to be justified nonetheless. Comey was in over his head. He literally bungled the Hillary investigation... and was literally spying on one political campaign at the behest of the other. Based upon unverified counter political "research" which as it turns out was from Russia... lol. Now who was colluding?

2seaoat

Try as you can to change the clear reality, but the President's actual words trump your theory.

Deus X

Deus X

2seaoat wrote:A president cannot be accused of obstruction for merely exercising his constitutional authority regardless of his motive.

That concept is partially correct in the clear delineation of his constitutional authority.  It is incorrect as to obstruction of a pending investigation.  Please read US vs Nixon.  The professor is an old man who is a shill for various lobbies, but he completely understands his play on words.  Under that logic the special prosecutor in Nixon could be fired and a President could actively participate in criminal behavior and be above the law.  Nope.  The good professor should consult a real Harvard constitutional scholar Larry Tribe.  He understands.

Apparently, you struggle with recognizing irony--a sure sign of diminished capacity.

RealLindaL

Call me demented or diminished but I don't see any irony whatsoever in the Dershowitz quote itself.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:
zsomething wrote:, because they know it's going to find them dirty, and their only hope is making their base disbelieve the findings.   Which their base will do, because they're a brainwashed cult.

Yet who is doing mental gymnastics to believe something that there's no evidence of? Where's the collusion (besides the dnc dossier)? The left abuses fisa for political purposes... but that's ok if it undermines a pub.

To a rational American citizen, "undermining a pub" seems like exactly the right thing to do -- since you deplorables are one and all treasonous, racist, hate-filled bastards. You worship a proven serial liar, a Pussy Grabber who abuses women, a philanderer, a thief, and an outspoken racist provocateur. Fuck you and all who think like you. Signed, proud underminer!

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Fire everybody !!! Laughing

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I do not know what the investigation will find, but to conclude that he did or did not do things is pure speculation.   Certainly, the obstruction of justice is obvious, but I do not have all the facts.  The idea that an investigation takes time does not mean there is no underlying crimes.   Patience is difficult with such an obnoxious person, but every American needs a fair and complete investigation.

I am willing to wait; I am not willing to hear (again) that "there's no evidence of obstruction".  Even with the little that I've seen, it's not hard to extrapolate what lies beneath the surface.  Vesuvius is about to erupt.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

To a rational American citizen, "undermining a pub" seems like exactly the right thing to do -- since you deplorables are one and all treasonous, racist, hate-filled bastards.  You worship a proven serial liar, a Pussy Grabber who abuses women, a philanderer, a thief, and an outspoken racist provocateur. Fuck you and all who think like you. Signed, proud underminer!    

I guess I'm ok with that if it's the norm from now on. Sometimes a stalemate is a strategy.

But get over the Russia trigger... it's just embarrassing at this point.

“You and I both know the odds are nothing. If I thought it was likely, I’d be there no question. I hesitate in part because of my gut sense and concern that there’s no big there there,” Strzok text to Page

Deus X

Deus X

Trump Called For Mueller's Firing in June 2017 but White House Counsel Threatened To Quit Eabuztn

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

To a rational American citizen, "undermining a pub" seems like exactly the right thing to do -- since you deplorables are one and all treasonous, racist, hate-filled bastards.  You worship a proven serial liar, a Pussy Grabber who abuses women, a philanderer, a thief, and an outspoken racist provocateur. Fuck you and all who think like you. Signed, proud underminer!    

I guess I'm ok with that if it's the norm from now on. Sometimes a stalemate is a strategy.

“You and I both know the odds are nothing. If I thought it was likely, I’d be there no question. I hesitate in part because of my gut sense and concern that there’s no big there there,” Strzok text to Page

Cold hard fact -- I see collusion and obstruction of justice, and you don't ... yet. Why in hell don't we all just shut the fuck up and wait to see what Mueller has got? From the get-go your side has been doing all they could to discredit Muller and the official investigation, and we on the left have been striking back. Why can't your side wait till the findings come out?

PkrBum

PkrBum

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Cold hard fact -- I see collusion and obstruction of justice, and you don't ... yet.  Why in hell don't we all just shut the fuck up and wait to see what Mueller has got?  From the get-go your side has been doing all they could to discredit Muller and the official investigation, and we on the left have been striking back.  Why can't your side wait till the findings come out?

Classic... you want to "wait till the findings come out" while triggered that you "see collusion and obstruction".

Lol... do you ever listen to yourself?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Cold hard fact -- I see collusion and obstruction of justice, and you don't ... yet.  Why in hell don't we all just shut the fuck up and wait to see what Mueller has got?  From the get-go your side has been doing all they could to discredit Muller and the official investigation, and we on the left have been striking back.  Why can't your side wait till the findings come out?

Classic... you want to "wait till the findings come out" while triggered that you "see collusion and obstruction".

Lol... do you ever listen to yourself?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum