Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I knew there was a good reason...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Deus X

Deus X

A Republican state legislator in Kansas said that marijuana should remain illegal in the state because African Americans are predisposed to respond worse to the drug because of their “character makeup” and “genetics.”

Rep. Steve Alford, from the town of Ulysses in Kansas, made the comments during a weekend legislative coffee session, the Garden City Telegram first reported. During a debate, Zach Worf, president of the Finney County Democrats, argued that marijuana legalization could provide a financial boost for cash-strapped Kansas.

In response, Alford brought out some trusted conservative talking points about marijuana, including that it was a “gateway” drug, before claiming that Americans needed to be shielded from the adverse effect marijuana has on African Americans.

“What you really need to do is go back in the ’30s, when they outlawed all types of drugs in Kansas [and] across the United States,” Alford said. “One of the reasons why, I hate to say it, was that the African Americans, they were basically users and they basically responded the worst off to those drugs just because of their character makeup, their genetics and that. And so basically what we’re trying to do a complete reverse with people not remembering what has happened in the past.”

https://thinkprogress.org/kansas-rep-marijuana-african-americans-eff0ace5d0b0/

BOOM SHAKALAKALAKA! BOOM SHAKALAKA!

Telstar

Telstar

Say hello to President O!

I knew there was a good reason... O10

Deus X

Deus X

Telstar wrote:Say hello to President O!

I knew there was a good reason... Story-of-o

Oh, wait, that's a bong! I thought it was an adult novelty.

Telstar

Telstar

Deus X wrote:
Telstar wrote:Say hello to President O!

I knew there was a good reason... Story-of-o

Oh, wait, that's a bong! I thought it was an adult novelty.

Fake 45 is a dolt novelty but he will pass as quick as boiled asparagus.

polecat

polecat

Scary marijuana stats:

1. 88,000 deaths are annually attributed to excessive use.

2. Every day, 30 people in the US die in car crashes that involve a marijuana-impaired driver.

3.Teen marijuana use kills 4,700 people each year

4. Lol jk those stats are about alcohol

polecat

polecat

Visit your local farmers.I knew there was a good reason... Screen15

PkrBum

PkrBum

polecat wrote:Scary marijuana stats:

1. 88,000 deaths are annually attributed to excessive use.

2. Every day, 30 people in the US die in car crashes that involve a marijuana-impaired driver.

3.Teen marijuana use kills 4,700 people each year

4. Lol jk those stats are about alcohol

Oh crap... I hope you know that you're going to throw seagoat into a statist fit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum