Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NRA Terrorists Threaten Violence Against Americans That Oppose Them

+5
Deus X
Joanimaroni
RealLindaL
PkrBum
Telstar
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Telstar

Telstar

The election of President Donald Trump and Republican control of Congress meant the National Rifle Association could probably rest easy that gun laws wouldn't change for at least four years. But the NRA has begun a campaign not against pending legislation but what it sees as liberal forces bent on undoing the progress it's made — and the political powerhouse is resorting to language that some believe could incite violence.

Using the hashtags #counterresistance and #clenchedfistoftruth, the NRA has put out a series of videos that announce a "shot across the bow," and say the gun-rights group is "coming for you" and that "elites ... threaten our very survival," terms that suggest opponents are enemy combatants.

"The times are burning and the media elites have been caught holding the match," NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch says in one video aired on NRATV, the gun lobby's web video site, as it shows footage of people fighting police, breaking storefront glass and burning the American flag.

Later, she specifically calls out The New York Times: "We've had it with your narratives, your propaganda, your fake news. We've had it with your constant protection of your Democrat overlords, your refusal to acknowledge any truth that upsets the fragile construct that you believe is real life. And we've had it with your tone-deaf assertion that you are in any way truth or fact-based journalism," Loesch says. "Consider this the shot across your proverbial bow. ... In short? We're coming for you."

Kathleen Hall Jamieson, the director of the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania, said the tone and language is "overwrought rhetoric" that, viewed by the wrong person, could lead to violence. The kicker on one of the videos — "We're coming for you" — is straight out of the movies, she said, and "that phrase means that violence is imminent and we will perpetrate it."

The NRA is taking a page from the Trump playbook.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/nras-video-message-elites-coming-49433721

PkrBum

PkrBum

Sounds more like the leftist thugs. That's fair? Right? Do we want violence and chaos or not?

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:Sounds more like the leftist thugs. That's fair? Right? Do we want violence and chaos or not?

We don't, it's you and those who you support that thrive on violence and chaos.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Telstar wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Sounds more like the leftist thugs. That's fair? Right? Do we want violence and chaos or not?

You support occupy, blm, antifa... what is the result of their actions? Tactics? Methods?

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:
Telstar wrote:

You support occupy, blm, antifa... what is the result of their actions? Tactics? Methods?

You support nazies and KKK. Take a bow little Michigan quisling.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Telstar wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Telstar wrote:

When you have to lie to make your point... you don't have a point.

Are you really too dumb to defend your positions?

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:
Telstar wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Telstar wrote:

Like all KKK your only true point is at the top of your head. Are you so obtuse that you really don't know what everyone else knows? What you really are. Crying or Very sad

PkrBum

PkrBum

Telstar wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Telstar wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Telstar wrote:

Like all KKK your only true point is at the top of your head. Are you so obtuse that you really don't know what everyone else knows? What you really are. Crying or Very sad

What I know... is that assigning demeaning slurs to your political enemy is a very old tactic.

That you gobble it up is as nazi as it gets.

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:
Telstar wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Telstar wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Telstar wrote:

What I know... is that assigning demeaning slurs to your political enemy is a very old tactic.

That you gobble it up is as nazi as it gets.

Most members do it all the time on this forum but unlike you they don't need to gobble down pain killers so they can pretend they are still human. clown

RealLindaL

What the NRA is doing is perfectly appalling and abhorrent and an obvious incitement to violence, which Trump's base will absolutely eat up. This kind of rhetoric is shameful and frightening. Don't anyone DARE comment on this issue until you've read the ENTIRE article, please. And even at that, the linked piece goes far too easy on the NRA.

PkrBum

PkrBum

In San Fran a trump group had to cancel due to violent threats. They aren't racist and denounced any that might've showed up. Two leftist groups did show up... antifa and bamn. There were clashes with police.

Who brings the violence again? Lol... you asshats completely ignore the plain and simple facts.

Telstar

Telstar

Breakfast for Pkr

NRA Terrorists Threaten Violence Against Americans That Oppose Them  Pkr_ro10

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote: In San Fran a trump group had to cancel due to violent threats. They aren't racist and denounced any that might've showed up. Two leftist groups did show up... antifa and bamn. There were clashes with police.

Who brings the violence again? Lol... you asshats completely ignore the plain and simple facts.

There is NO VALID COMPARISON between sporadic reports of clashes involving loosely organized leftist groups and a DANGEROUS INCITEMENT TO AND THREAT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST POLITICAL ENEMIES ("We're coming to get you" - are you kidding me???) FROM A HUGE, POWERFUL, MONIED, AND WIDELY INFLUENTIAL ORGANIZATION SUCH AS THE NRA.  Just as I expected of people like you, you spouted off before reading the entire article and made a fool of yourself.

THANKS FOR YET ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE OH SO TYPICAL AND TIRESOME FALSE EQUIVALENCY CRAPOLA FROM PKR!!

RealLindaL

That's what I thought.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:That's what I thought.

RealLindaL

OH, so crickety quiet.

PkrBum

PkrBum

I've got other things going on. Y'all enjoy your circle jerk.

Houston is going to have to open dams tonight for fear they'll burst. I've got family in harm's way.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote: I've got other things going on. Y'all enjoy your circle jerk.

Houston is going to have to open dams tonight for fear they'll burst. I've got family in harm's way.

Prayers for your family.

Telstar

Telstar

Prayers for both your families. They must suffer under tremendous undue stress under the circumstances. Crying or Very sad

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote: I've got other things going on. Y'all enjoy your circle jerk.

Very sorry about your family and everyone else in the Texas mess, but no "circle jerk" on my part - just the facts, sir, one of which is that, despite your protesting "other things going on," you found plenty of time for posts in other threads (including your own) after my comment.

PkrBum

PkrBum

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote: In San Fran a trump group had to cancel due to violent threats. They aren't racist and denounced any that might've showed up. Two leftist groups did show up... antifa and bamn. There were clashes with police.

There is NO VALID COMPARISON between sporadic reports of clashes involving loosely organized leftist groups and a DANGEROUS INCITEMENT TO AND THREAT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST POLITICAL ENEMIES ("We're coming to get you" - are you kidding me???) FROM A HUGE, POWERFUL, MONIED, AND WIDELY INFLUENTIAL ORGANIZATION SUCH AS THE NRA.  Just as I expected of people like you, you spouted off before reading the entire article and made a fool of yourself.

THANKS FOR YET ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE OH SO TYPICAL AND TIRESOME FALSE EQUIVALENCY CRAPOLA FROM PKR!!

Just because you say "no valid comparison" doesn't make it so... despite leftist talkingpoints.

As long as dems excuse and rationalize violence from the left... violence is fair game. Get it?

No... I didn't think you would.

Deus X

Deus X

The dams that are going to release water and put PkrBoy's family "in harms way" are the Addicks and Barker dams. They're flood control dams built by the GOVERNMENT and have been protecting the Houston area from flood damage for years--WHICH MEANS HIS FAMILY HAS BEEN BENEFITING FROM BIG GOVERNMENT FOR DECADES!

I hope his family gets flooded out and has to live in FEMA trailers and eat at government supplied food banks for a few years. Maybe then he'll shut up about "limited government".

PkrBum

PkrBum

Fuck you. Internet coward.

Deus X

Deus X

BIG GOVERNMENT AT WORK:

Both dams were constructed by the federal government in the 1940s to reduce flooding along Buffalo Bayou, a narrow body of water that runs through downtown Houston.

Temper, temper, PkrBoy. It's not my fault your family has been sucking off the BIG GOVERNMENT tit for years. I'd be embarrassed too if I'd been ranting like a loon on an internet forum while my family is mooching off the government.

PkrBum

PkrBum

There is a direct constitutional mandate and purpose to fund a govt to act toward the general (meaning benefit to all) welfare. That's far from the govt picking winners and losers... taking over corps and entire industry... collecting information on citizens... and redistributing for subjective whims.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum