Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If I was born in iraq or iran, I might be fighting Americans. Is it a crime to have pride in where you come from?

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Nekochan wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Bob wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Bob wrote:Chrissy,

Have you ever heard of the phrase "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"?

No I havnt and I dont beleive it either.

Do you beleive that?

Would it make any difference if I told you Adolf Hitler used patriotism to get his way with his people? Or that the Ayatollah and the "supreme leader" and Ahmedinejad are doing exactly the same thing? Or that that little pig in North Korea is using patriotism to convince all those people in the North Korean military to protect him and keep him on his throne?
Would it make any difference for you to learn that patriotism is definitely the last refuge of all those scoundrels?

They use religion too.. just look at all of the "christian" warmongers we have on this forum..
You really have it in for Christians, don't you?
Not really.. just the ones who Think they are..
They can't hide from me so I'm sure their god can pick'em out.. Very Happy

Nekochan

Nekochan

Lurch wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Bob wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Bob wrote:Chrissy,

Have you ever heard of the phrase "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"?

No I havnt and I dont beleive it either.

Do you beleive that?

Would it make any difference if I told you Adolf Hitler used patriotism to get his way with his people? Or that the Ayatollah and the "supreme leader" and Ahmedinejad are doing exactly the same thing? Or that that little pig in North Korea is using patriotism to convince all those people in the North Korean military to protect him and keep him on his throne?
Would it make any difference for you to learn that patriotism is definitely the last refuge of all those scoundrels?

They use religion too.. just look at all of the "christian" warmongers we have on this forum..
You really have it in for Christians, don't you?
Not really.. just the ones who Think they are..
They can't hide from me so I'm sure their god can pick'em out.. Very Happy

I think your posts show that you blame Christians for a lot of things.
The guy you're voting for next month--is he a Christian? Does he use his religion for evil purposes like you think so many Christians do?

The muslim extremist are no better than the christian ones FWIW..At least they get 72 virgins.. Very Happy
I don't see many christians on this forum, Granny4Peace was one of the few and she never wore it on her sleeve, She showed it in Her compassion, it's something I don't see the ones calling themselves christians having..
I already voted by the way and religion didn't influence my vote..

Nekochan

Nekochan

What makes a good Christian vs a bad Christian, in your opinion?
And what makes you qualified to say who's a Christian?

Nekochan wrote:What makes a good Christian vs a bad Christian, in your opinion?

A Good "real" Christian doesn't need to tell everyone they're Christians they just live the life style..
A Bad "fake" christian tells everyone they're a "christian" but doesn't live their life like one..
I did go to Catholic school and church when I was younger and I did listen to the Nuns...

Nekochan

Nekochan

Lurch wrote:

A Good "real" Christian doesn't need to tell everyone they're Christians they just live the life style..
A Bad "fake" christian tells everyone they're a "christian" but doesn't live their life like one..
I did go to Catholic school and church when I was younger and I did listen to the Nuns...

So basically if a Christian falls into line with what you think he or she should do or say, that makes him ok?
Did you clear all of this with God or just make it up all by yourself?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

By the way pray for the troops...That their weapons are superior to the enemies old AK 47s and that the infared sights will give our boys the advantage and that the slaughter of the enemy will be absolute and that our Christian nation may fill the ditches with the blood of the infidels...I mean non -Christians...and by all means thanks for air superiority....

Nekochan wrote:
Lurch wrote:

So basically if a Christian falls into line with what you think he or she should do or say, that makes him ok?
Did you clear all of this with God or just make it up all by yourself?
It's when they spew hatred for their fellow man for starters..
I Damn sure don't see you being a christian..pray all you want, I really don't think it will help you..

Nekochan

Nekochan

Did you clear this with God? What did God say about me?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I wonder how many here have any regard for the individual who is considered by many to be America's greatest novelist. Probably very few but that's okay I guess.
But he didn't just write novels. He wrote all sorts of stuff. And one of his writings takes about 5 minutes to read. It's Mark Twain's way of throwing his two cents into the conversation we're now engaged in. It's not gospel, because in my opinion there is no such thing as any one human mind being responsible for something as lofty as the word "gospel". But it does add to the whole body of American ideas. Give it a read just for shits and giggles if nothing else. It's as least as significant as anything written by Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly or Karl Rove or Dick Morris.

http://warprayer.org/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

That's a good one allright. But how about a new National Anthem.
"God Bless America When It's Not Fucking Up"

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And before you ask me to define "fucking up", remember how the Supreme Court Justice defined obscenity? "I know it when I see it".

Bob wrote:And before you ask me to define "fucking up", remember how the Supreme Court Justice defined obscenity? "I know it when I see it".

If you go to the dictionary and look up "fucking up" you'll see a picture of Bob.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yomama wrote:

If you go to the dictionary and look up "fucking up" you'll see a picture of Bob.

No, I just looked and off to the side it said "see fuckED up" and THAT page had a picture of me.
I can't remember the official grammatical titles, an adverb and a participle or something like that, but the "ing" and "ed" suffixes indicate a different degree of completeness. lol

Bob wrote:That's a good one allright. But how about a new National Anthem.
"God Bless America When It's Not Fucking Up"

Bob, as lurch told me this morning that all this is like how we feel about our sons.

when our sons fuck up, we dont not want to bless em, no, we want to bless em more.

This is America, not Utopia Razz

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

From Twain's "War Prayer"...

"...daily the young volunteers marched down the wide avenue gay and fine in their new uniforms..."

Wait a minute. And this is 1900 and I'm supposed to believe openly gay soldiers were marching down Palafox Street?
I aint buyin it, are you, Chrissy?

Bob wrote:From Twain's "War Prayer"...

"...daily the young volunteers marched down the wide avenue gay and fine in their new uniforms..."

Wait a minute. And this is 1900 and I'm supposed to believe openly gay soldiers were marching down Palafox Street?
I aint buyin it, are you, Chrissy?

whohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo they were not only Gay, but they were FINE... Laughing

[img] If I was born in iraq or iran, I might be fighting Americans. Is it a crime to have pride in where you come from? - Page 4 43487910[/img]

[img] If I was born in iraq or iran, I might be fighting Americans. Is it a crime to have pride in where you come from? - Page 4 43487911[/img]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy I think we've discovered something new in this thread. We're actually using the Chippendales to explain American literature. I don't think anybody's ever done that before.

If I was born in iraq or iran, I might be fighting Americans. Is it a crime to have pride in where you come from? - Page 4 Is?9isKp5zDU1OLAQRtjMNNTs36HmEzr2yIBAifNyEgC60

The Charge Of The Light Brigade

by Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Memorializing Events in the Battle of Balaclava, October 25, 1854
Written 1854

Half a league half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred:
'Forward, the Light Brigade!
Charge for the guns' he said:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

'Forward, the Light Brigade!'
Was there a man dismay'd ?
Not tho' the soldier knew
Some one had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do & die,
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volley'd & thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the six hundred.

Flash'd all their sabres bare,
Flash'd as they turn'd in air
Sabring the gunners there,
Charging an army while
All the world wonder'd:
Plunged in the battery-smoke
Right thro' the line they broke;
Cossack & Russian
Reel'd from the sabre-stroke,
Shatter'd & sunder'd.
Then they rode back, but not
Not the six hundred.

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon behind them
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
While horse & hero fell,
They that had fought so well
Came thro' the jaws of Death,
Back from the mouth of Hell,
All that was left of them,
Left of six hundred.

When can their glory fade?
O the wild charge they made!
All the world wonder'd.
Honour the charge they made!
Honour the Light Brigade,
Noble six hundred!

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5X_Dd_6Czk

Smile

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It occurs to me that we can probably combine Twain's and Tennyson's little brain farts and together they provide us a rosetta stone for understanding all this.
It appears that human beings are struggling with two different emotions...

1. What is probably a human instinct for conflict with other humans.
2. What is probably a human instinct to have peace with other humans.

All of history would tend to confirm that both of these have always been present in human society. They are now. And there really is nothing to suggest that both won't always be with us.
In other words, while we always like peace, we also always go to war. So we might as well just concede that to be our reality and try to live with it as best we can.

end of story

Bob wrote:It occurs to me that we can probably combine Twain's and Tennyson's little brain farts and together they provide us a rosetta stone for understanding all this.
It appears that human beings are struggling with two different emotions...

1. What is probably a human instinct for conflict with other humans.
2. What is probably a human instinct to have peace with other humans.

All of history would tend to confirm that both of these have always been present in human society. They are now. And there really is nothing to suggest that both won't always be with us.
In other words, while we always like peace, we also always go to war. So we might as well just concede that to be our reality and try to live with it as best we can.

end of story

If I was born in iraq or iran, I might be fighting Americans. Is it a crime to have pride in where you come from? - Page 4 Is?VBHUJiDkN0qUkeCJ4flItN3ehx3aBmGbrAHY7Dah3WE

I stated something to the effect of it being the inherit nature of man to be like this a month or two ago in another thread.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09l_zXCQpik

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum