Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chill bumps.

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/7/2012, 10:24 pm

ghandi wrote:

It's impossible to be a racist after 20+ years of military service.
The best man at my wedding was African American. Still one of my best friends. Does that make me a racist? dreamsglore thinks so. I don't hate black people. I despise anyone who will not work for a living, expects a handout, shoots people in drive bye's because they were disrespected, home invaders, loud music out of cars..............these things are not race specific. dreams imagined that they are. Just like her racist big dog remark on another thread today.

I hear you, man. Of course, I don't know what your MOS was, but my brother's life depended on men of all ethnicities in Force Recon, as have all of my friends who have been -- and are -- in military service. There is simply no room for racism in the service.

I grew up in White Town, USA. Never heard the N-word in my life before I moved to Pensacola (when I was 32 I think??), where I received my race-relations education. And what an education it was. Changed my whole life. Now, I'd taken race-relations courses at university, but my very small college town was even smaller and more white than my home town, so... you get the picture. Experience is the true educator.

We lived South of Bagdad (which was technically in Milton), and our friends and colleagues, a Black couple, refused to come to our home (or more specifically, to our neighborhood) for BBQ supper out of fear of coming into our neighborhood, which was very nice but in retrospect, all white. I didn't blame them after hearing the things I did from the neighbors, and after one fateful experience in the grocery. I asked them later why the hell they didn't tell us what we were getting into, and they told me that I had so much scientific data on how to best avoid hurricane damage that they didn't think we cared about the neighbors.

Never had to think about any of that before. As I said, I received my education in Pensacola.

27Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/7/2012, 10:26 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Zombies is DHS speak for starving intercity folks that will be desperate in the coming greatest depression.

Teo,

Have you ever served in the military? If so, what branch?
I'm only asking because of some of the training they do.

28Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/7/2012, 10:28 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Hey they didn't have bombs bursting air and rockets red glare...what kind of stupid anthem is that ? At least they didn't lie and say they were the land of the free..

.Hey Ghandi....better watch who you point that 45 at one of them might be an undercover DEA and shoot your ass.

lost my weapons in the great hurricane of 04, now that'll make one cry.

UGH, that HURTS, T. I remember you saying that. What a damned heartbreak. Before I left Kansas I traded my Mossy 500 with one of my friends for a bunch of work I didn't have time to do. Silly girl. Sooo much more expensive to buy in California!! He'd been on me for a year or more to buy it from me, and I finally gave in for a trade.

ARGH!!!

Evil or Very Mad

29Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/7/2012, 10:33 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

ghandi wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Zombies is DHS speak for starving intercity folks that will be desperate in the coming greatest depression.

Teo,

No I had this picture made at Coney Island....

Chill bumps. - Page 2 56110111

30Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/7/2012, 10:37 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Lost weapons in the hurricane of 04?

I pack my weapons first, then my dog, and my wife and some clothes if I have room left over.

31Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/7/2012, 10:40 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
ghandi wrote:

Teo,

Chill bumps. - Page 2 XXXg

LOL, T... you big ole fibber! Coney Island my sweet ass! g, Teo has served his country, and I thank him for it.

PS: T, I just left you a song in the Music section, brother.

32Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/7/2012, 10:42 pm

ghandi wrote:Lost weapons in the hurricane of 04?

I pack my weapons first, then my dog, and my wife and some clothes if I have room left over.

LOL. Priorities seem in order to me, sir. Issues you points for that!

Wink

33Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/7/2012, 10:49 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
ghandi wrote:

Teo,

Chill bumps. - Page 2 56110111

Vietnam?
I was too young and probably too pretty to serve in Vietnam. But I did all the desert storm and desert shield stuff and enduring freedom. And some other stuff away from the regular Navy in cammies. But the training for the other than shipboard stuff was pretty cool. From survival training to killing to booby traps.

34Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/7/2012, 10:53 pm

From survival training to killing to booby trap

You are a trained killer?

35Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/7/2012, 10:57 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I did a lot of dumb things in my ignorant youth and killing the Vietnamese was one of them. The first time their shells landed all around me I realized it wasn't a John Wayne movie..I am about done with the war stories, I think it only encourages the next generation. Although I think the worst story was for my wife when they mistakenly told her I was dead....took a while to find out I wasn't...

36Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/7/2012, 10:58 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

hallmarkgrad wrote: From survival training to killing to booby trap

Not really. But I'm prepared. That's good enough for me.

Ever spend a few hours at the shooting range with an AR-15, a sniper rifle and a dozen pistols and walk away feeling good about your grouping?

37Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/7/2012, 11:06 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

If I had a Steyr Tactical Heavy barrel chambered 308 I would love shooting it at the range...Maybe Santa will bring me one .

38Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/7/2012, 11:13 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

TEOTWAWKI wrote:If I had a Steyr Tactical Heavy barrel chambered 308 I would love shooting it at the range...Maybe Santa will bring me one .

Ever shoot an M82? It's a training rifle. I have one. Got it from CMP.
Civilian marksmanship program.

39Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/7/2012, 11:14 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I did a lot of dumb things in my ignorant youth and killing the Vietnamese was one of them. The first time their shells landed all around me I realized it wasn't a John Wayne movie..I am about done with the war stories, I think it only encourages the next generation. Although I think the worst story was for my wife when they mistakenly told her I was dead....took a while to find out I wasn't...

T: You served your country honorably, just as our young men and women are today. It makes no difference the underlying, yet-to-be-found purpose, be it right or wrong.

I am so very sorry that your wife was mistakenly informed that you were dead. How terribly horrific that must have been for her. I simply cannot imagine...

Thank you so much for your service to our country.

40Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/7/2012, 11:17 pm

ghandi wrote:
riceme wrote:
ghandi wrote:
riceme wrote:Thank you, sir... you were right: "Chill bumps," or as I would say, "Goose bumps""

[flash(425,350)][/flash]

With that being said, Why would dreamsglore make fun of any post praising the National Anthem?
I really am curious. Why would any true American hate our National Anthem?

I had to go back to pg1 to figger it out, but I surmise because she believes you to be a racist and a bigot.

To your second question, I've no idea why any American would hate our National Anthem. While I am disenchanted and disappointed with and distrustful of our government, I love my country and the Constitution on which it was founded very deeply.

If this is what you were referring to, I am not certain that Dreams was saying that she hates the National Anthem, however. I believe that she was simply mocking you, and possibly Teo as well. I could be wrong... All sorts of ways to misinterpret things here! :-E

The best man at my wedding was African American. Still one of my best friends. Does that make me a racist? dreamsglore thinks so. I don't hate black people. I despise anyone who will not work for a living, expects a handout, shoots people in drive bye's because they were disrespected, home invaders, loud music out of cars..............these things are not race specific. dreams imagined that they are. Just like her racist big dog remark on another thread today.

It's impossible to be a racist after 20 years in the military? Did I read that correctly? Are you serious? So because you have a black friend you can't be racist? LOL!

41Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/7/2012, 11:18 pm

ghandi wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote: From survival training to killing to booby trap

Not really. But I'm prepared. That's good enough for me.

Ever spend a few hours at the shooting range with an AR-15, a sniper rifle and a dozen pistols and walk away feeling good about your grouping?

Sure. The Army even let people like me on the range. You forgot a couple, How about a M-14, M-2 Browning,and the M-79 was a hoot.
Navy guys did/do not have a monopoly on weapons.....

42Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/7/2012, 11:22 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:
ghandi wrote:
riceme wrote:
ghandi wrote:
riceme wrote:Thank you, sir... you were right: "Chill bumps," or as I would say, "Goose bumps""

[flash(425,350)][/flash]

With that being said, Why would dreamsglore make fun of any post praising the National Anthem?

I had to go back to pg1 to figger it out, but I surmise because she believes you to be a racist and a bigot.

To your second question, I've no idea why any American would hate our National Anthem. While I am disenchanted and disappointed with and distrustful of our government, I love my country and the Constitution on which it was founded very deeply.

If this is what you were referring to, I am not certain that Dreams was saying that she hates the National Anthem, however. I believe that she was simply mocking you, and possibly Teo as well. I could be wrong... All sorts of ways to misinterpret things here! :-E

It's impossible to be a racist after 20 years in the military? Did I read that correctly? Are you serious? So because you have a black friend you can't be racist? LOL!

Is that the entire depth that you have to bring to this conversation? If so, just take a picture of ghandi(pretend it's me) and throw darts at it. Move on. Twit. I'm not a racist or a bigot. I'm a hard working, tax paying American. Get over it already.

43Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/7/2012, 11:22 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

ghandi wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:If I had a Steyr Tactical Heavy barrel chambered 308 I would love shooting it at the range...Maybe Santa will bring me one .

Ever shoot an M82? It's a training rifle. I have one. Got it from CMP.
Civilian marksmanship program.

No but I saw a guy at the quintette range with a 30 call water cooled that was sweet. They only let him fire it single shot mode.

No I was trained on M1 , Thompson sub, 1911 , and 5" 54 cannon.

44Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/7/2012, 11:29 pm

Teo........You have a PM

45Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/7/2012, 11:48 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wow someone gave you a minus for that so I canceled it out ?? Thanks I read some of it just now...very interesting account of the mess we made

Chill bumps. - Page 2 Nam110

46Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/7/2012, 11:53 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

America is the only country where the north won their conflict.

North vietnam=evil
North korea = evil
North US = ?

What about us? No wonder the commies hate us. We're ran by northerners.
Check the price of cotton compared to 100 years ago.

47Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/7/2012, 11:58 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

ghandi wrote:America is the only country where the north won their conflict.

North vietnam=evil
North korea = evil
North US = ?

What about us? No wonder the commies hate us. We're ran by northerners.
Check the price of cotton compared to 100 years ago.

careful you might be getting near the truth...alert proceed with caution.

48Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/8/2012, 12:02 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:

Sure. The Army even let people like me on the range. You forgot a couple, How about a M-14, M-2 Browning,and the M-79 was a hoot.
Navy guys did/do not have a monopoly on weapons.....

I have always wanted to shoot an M-2 Browning, largely (but not completely) because that was Carlos Hathcock's rifle.

49Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/8/2012, 12:14 am

ghandi wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
ghandi wrote:
riceme wrote:
ghandi wrote:

[flash(425,350)][/flash]

Is that the entire depth that you have to bring to this conversation? If so, just take a picture of ghandi(pretend it's me) and throw darts at it. Move on. Twit. I'm not a racist or a bigot. I'm a hard working, tax paying American. Get over it already.

Who also gets a check from the gubment and then becomes a gubment worker.Isn't that double dipping?

50Chill bumps. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chill bumps. 10/8/2012, 12:20 am

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:
ghandi wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
ghandi wrote:
riceme wrote:
ghandi wrote:

[flash(425,350)][/flash]

Who also gets a check from the gubment and then becomes a gubment worker.Isn't that double dipping?

It's not a welfare check. It's a retirement check for 20+ years of service.
You really are retarded, ain't you? I'm not exactly a government worker. I draw no pension from my current job.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum