Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump's Lies

+6
RealLindaL
Floridatexan
zsomething
del.capslock
PkrBum
othershoe1030
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/28/2017, 7:36 pm

del.capslock

del.capslock

PkrBum wrote:You're really good at proving my points... lol. Keep up the good work Vlad.

Bolshevik talkingpoints... lol.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

27Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/28/2017, 8:13 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:Yet the Obama and admin lies never caused a blip on your radar... odd.

Just kidding... not odd at all... lol.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/statements/byruling/false/

Politifact is not going to bother with the daily gush of falsehoods spewed by 45. However, just to compare apples to apples I went to Politifact using your link.

Between the election and the last statement evaluated by Politifact Trump had 23 statements deemed false. Obama had 4 statements from his election through July 8th. Trump made nearly 6 times more false statements than Obama during the same period of time. Actually, since we're not quite to July 8th it is likely the number for Trump will go up in the next week or so. I got as close as I could to the dates.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/statements/byruling/false/?page=3

28Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/28/2017, 8:36 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

It's highly unlikely that politico gathered all of Obama's lies... but I've give you that trump might lie more. Yet you only seen offended by one of them. Why? His personality was well known prior to being elected. I'll assume that those that voted for him accepted that. Is that what you did for Obama?

29Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/28/2017, 8:54 pm

del.capslock

del.capslock

PkrBum wrote:It's highly unlikely that politico gathered all of Obama's lies... but I've give you that trump might lie more. Yet you only seen offended by one of them. Why? His personality was well known prior to being elected. I'll assume that those that voted for him accepted that. Is that what you did for Obama?

Do you not know the difference between Politico and Politifact?

Aha! That explains a lot. No wonder your opinions are so childish, you're not ready for grown-up media.

Back to the children's table, little boy, you're annoying the adults.

30Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/28/2017, 9:29 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

del.capslock wrote:
PkrBum wrote:It's highly unlikely that politico gathered all of Obama's lies... but I've give you that trump might lie more. Yet you only seen offended by one of them. Why? His personality was well known prior to being elected. I'll assume that those that voted for him accepted that. Is that what you did for Obama?

Aha! That explains a lot. No wonder your opinions are so childish, you're not ready for grown-up media.

What a tiny little mind. I hope your joy over a mistake lasts all night.

31Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/28/2017, 10:04 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:
del.capslock wrote:

Again you make no sense at all. You imply that if one is a fan of Obama that person should be punished for not being "fair" to Trump, and vice versa.

I'll be glad to educate you since you are so obviously challenged by the two party concept under which we elect our leaders. Of course if someone likes
Trump than Obama's the enemy, right. And it works the other way around too.

I don't worship at Obama's shrine, but as a national leader, compared to the Pussy Grabber with the dead rat on his head, we at least had elegance, emotional control, and dignity.

With Trump, every moment he keeps his thumb off the nuclear war and total world destruction button, is all good.

You expect us to respect Trump because he and his Russian friends stole the presidency, and to treat his tweets as executive pronouncements deserving of fair judgement.

And you sir, are totally fucking insane too.

32Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/28/2017, 10:25 pm

del.capslock

del.capslock

Wordslinger wrote:

Again you make no sense at all.  You imply that if one is  a fan of Obama that person should be punished for not being "fair" to Trump, and vice versa.  

I'll be glad to educate  you since you are so obviously challenged by the two party concept under which we elect our leaders.  Of course if someone likes
Trump than Obama's the enemy, right.  And it works the other way around too.

I don't worship at Obama's shrine, but as a national leader, compared to the Pussy Grabber with the dead rat on his head, we at least had elegance, emotional control, and dignity.  

With Trump, every moment he keeps his thumb off the nuclear war and total world destruction button, is all good.  

You expect us to respect Trump because he and his Russian friends stole the presidency, and to treat his tweets as executive pronouncements deserving of fair judgement.

He expects us to worship Trump because he's white and not Obama.

He's not insane, he's just a hate-filled, tiny-minded racist--more to be pitied than scorned.

Pitiful, actually.

33Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/28/2017, 11:45 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
del.capslock wrote:

Again you make no sense at all.  You imply that if one is  a fan of Obama that person should be punished for not being "fair" to Trump, and vice versa.  

I'll be glad to educate  you since you are so obviously challenged by the two party concept under which we elect our leaders.  Of course if someone likes

Obama was a fucking wimp... completely overmatched... run over by nearly every deal and negotiation. Easily the worst negotiator potus ever. I wouldn't let him by a used car for me. The rest of your word vomit is just stupid. Elegant? Lmao... ok clown. Comrades are so damn easy.

34Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/29/2017, 6:54 am

del.capslock

del.capslock

PkrBum wrote:
Obama was a fucking wimp... completely overmatched... run over by nearly every deal and negotiation. Easily the worst negotiator potus ever. I wouldn't let him by a used car for me. The rest of your word vomit is just stupid. Elegant? Lmao... ok clown. Comrades are so damn easy.

Racists are so damn easy... lol.

35Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/29/2017, 7:31 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
del.capslock wrote:

OK, we get it. You intensely hate our first black president. Why is no one surprised? LOL

36Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/29/2017, 9:57 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

I don't hate him at all. Trying to assign that to me is simply a tactic to ignore my criticism.

Comrades are easy.

37Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/29/2017, 12:08 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:It's highly unlikely that politico gathered all of Obama's lies... but I've give you that trump might lie more.

Politifact was the reference you brought up. I used exactly the same time period as nearly as possible, to compare the two presidents. Yes, I'm sure in both cases they did not gather all the lies. Given the list posted by the NYT's we can see that this is certainly the case with Trump.

Yet you only seen offended by one of them. Why?
A bit of exaggeration to make a point is one thing and would be accepted by most people as being part of the job of president. However, the problem with our current leader is that his lies are so frequent and obviously false that his behavior is bringing his general honesty into question around the world. Leaders are wondering if he/we can be counted on in times of crises. His lies have risen to the level of concern that undermines the office of president itself. That has never been the case with any past president.

His personality was well known prior to being elected. I'll assume that those that voted for him accepted that. Is that what you did for Obama?

The lies that come from Trump are notable because they are so frequent. He is a pathological liar, by that I mean it is just a natural part of his personality as you pointed out. I'd have to agree with you that those who voted for him likely just accepted this trait. It is one thing to be a lying used car salesman or real estate developer but when you are the head of state representing an entire country the bar is not quite so low.

The New York Times is continuing their series of his constant lying.

Our list of President Trump’s lies continues to generate reader interest and feedback. My colleague Stuart Thompson and I appreciate that interest and wanted to ask your advice for extending the project.

We also wanted to ask whether you think our list — which we billed as definitive — missed any of the president’s untruths since taking office. Our standard is a demonstrably false statement. If you think we missed any, please send an email to leonhardt@nytimes.com with the statement, the date and documentation of its falseness.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/29/opinion/the-trump-lies-project-next-steps.html

38Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/29/2017, 12:08 pm

del.capslock

del.capslock

PkrBum wrote:I don't hate him at all. Trying to assign that to me is simply a tactic to ignore my criticism.

Racists are so ashamed of their philosophy they refuse to admit they hold those views outside of a KKK meeting.

Ignorant hillbillies are easy...        lol.

39Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/29/2017, 1:29 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Inspired by the president's unfortunate Tweet this morning...Many in congress posted words to the effect: Just stop it!

It would be nice to see posts here defending positions (on both sides) without resorting to name calling, which does not add to the point being made. I know just posting this will not change anything, just venting.

40Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/29/2017, 2:10 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

del.capslock wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I don't hate him at all. Trying to assign that to me is simply a tactic to ignore my criticism.

Racists are so ashamed of their philosophy they refuse to admit they hold those views outside of a KKK meeting.

Ignorant hillbillies are easy...                      lol.

My children are mixed... as were my marriages... duh. I like and think all ethnicities are beautiful... I'm actually more attracted to other cultures than my own. Growing up with Hispanic friends, gfs, and first wife was amazing. They are so close and show it so easily... I've lived my family life like that sense. You're just a goober... unable to really listen because you're too busy talking or thinking of what to say next. I do have bias towards YOUR type... I'm sorry but i can't help that. So fuck off... i ignore you most of the time.

41Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/29/2017, 2:18 pm

del.capslock

del.capslock

othershoe1030 wrote:Inspired by the president's unfortunate Tweet this morning...Many in congress posted words to the effect: Just stop it!

It would be nice to see posts here defending positions (on both sides) without resorting to name calling, which does not add to the point being made. I know just posting this will not change anything, just venting.

It would be nice if there was ONE poster offering intelligent commentary from the right, but there's not. There are plenty of great editorialists like Bill Kristol and George Will who offer smart, cogent conservative opinions. Instead, on this section, the right posts stuff like this:

Or:

Or the leftist ruling elite... like podesta and the obamacaid architects... lol.

They couldn't accomplish anything without the useful idiots.

Thank you for your contribution Vladimir.

That's inherently insulting and provocative rhetoric and there's absolutely no point in responding to it with a logical, thoughtful argument. When people post stuff like that they're beyond reason--the only useful response is to post insults to infuriate them further.

What's your suggestion? What do you think--up in your ivory tower--an appropriate response to repeated posts of "Comrades are easy...     lol" should be? This is an internet politics forum after all--half the point is the clever riposte.

As James Carville put it "You have to have sharp elbows if you want to change something."

42Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/29/2017, 2:36 pm

RealLindaL

del.capslock wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:Inspired by the president's unfortunate Tweet this morning...Many in congress posted words to the effect: Just stop it!

It would be nice if there was ONE poster offering intelligent commentary from the right, but there's not. There are plenty of great editorialists like Bill Kristol and George Will who offer smart, cogent conservative opinions. Instead, on this section, the right posts stuff like this:

Or:

Or the leftist ruling elite... like podesta and the obamacaid architects... lol.

That's inherently insulting and provocative rhetoric and there's absolutely no point in responding to it with a logical, thoughtful argument. When people post stuff like that they're beyond reason--the only useful response is to post insults to infuriate them further.

What's your suggestion? What do you think--up in your ivory tower--an appropriate response to repeated posts of "Comrades are easy...     lol" should be? This is an internet politics forum after all--half the point is the clever riposte.

As James Carville put it "You have to have sharp elbows if you want to change something."

Othershoe, I understand  your desire for less name-calling and more measured, meaningful dialogue, but I'm afraid del's right in this case.  One can hardly respond meaningfully and courteously in the face of continued meaningless tripe and contentiousness.  Well, maybe you can, but you're the exception.  Most of us wouldn't put up with some of the crapola you not only tolerate but spend (waste?) time replying to as if it were serious conversation.  More power to you, I guess.  The rest of us are not nearly so saintly.  Since you seem undeterred by the dearth of intelligent replies from the right on this board, I do hope perhaps your words will at least reach some of those faceless "guests" who lurk here, and maybe even do some good -- and I know that's your hope as well.

43Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/29/2017, 2:38 pm

del.capslock

del.capslock

PkrBum wrote:
del.capslock wrote:

Ignorant hillbillies are easy...                      lol.

My children are mixed...  as were my marriages... duh. I like and think all ethnicities are beautiful... I'm actually more attracted to other cultures than my own. Growing up with Hispanic friends, gfs, and first wife was amazing. They are so close and show it so easily... I've lived my family life like that sense. You're just a goober... unable to really listen because you're too busy talking or thinking of what to say next. I do have bias towards YOUR type... I'm sorry but i can't help that. So fuck off... i ignore you most of the time.

You obviously didn't ignore me that time, did you? And the fact that you respond to so many of my post would put the lie to your "ignore you most of the time" remark.

You repeatedly describe anyone you disagree with is a "statist" or a "fascist" when you can't even define those terms.

You repeatedly rail against every governmental edict but you benefit everyday from them and are too stupid to realize it.

You're a pathetically ignorant hillbilly...    lol.

Since it's early in the day, I presume you're still halfway coherent. That won't last.

44Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/29/2017, 2:45 pm

Vikingwoman

Now what's his point in doing this?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/time-asks-donald-trump-s-golf-clubs-remove-phony-magazine-n777546

45Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/29/2017, 3:03 pm

del.capslock

del.capslock

Vikingwoman wrote:Now what's his point in doing this?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/time-asks-donald-trump-s-golf-clubs-remove-phony-magazine-n777546

Obama made him do it.

46Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/29/2017, 10:41 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

del.capslock wrote:

Or:

I don't mind sharp elbows or daggers in the heart or whatever. I have laughed out loud many times at some of the creative and well deserved names (especially) those on the right fringe have been called.

I just think it reduces the power of any point we make by including a "hillbilly this or a f-wad that" to the response. How does naming the other guy make our response more valid? It does not. However, I admit, sainthood notwithstanding, that MANY times I have written some well deserved name calling into my answers and then deleted them. It was cathartic at any rate.

I find the Comrade tag stupid, too stupid to even be insulting, so uninformed and childish.

If they had a good point to make they could make it without Trying to Insult us. My dad had a joke that went something like this: There was a preacher who would write in the margin of his sermon WEAK POINT, YELL LOUD. Or to this topic, weak point and add an insult? Please keep it up though because we do need some comic relief from this Putrid and Disgusting Excuse for a President that we are cursed to have in office.

47Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/29/2017, 11:30 pm

del.capslock

del.capslock

othershoe1030 wrote:
I don't mind sharp elbows or daggers in the heart or whatever. I have laughed out loud many times at some of the creative and well deserved names (especially) those on the right fringe have been called.

I just think it reduces the power of any point we make by including a "hillbilly this or a f-wad that" to the response. How does naming the other guy make our response more valid? It does not. However, I admit, sainthood notwithstanding, that MANY times I have written some well deserved name calling into my answers and then deleted them. It was cathartic at any rate.

I find the Comrade tag stupid, too stupid to even be insulting, so uninformed and childish.

If they had a good point to make they could make it without Trying to Insult us. My dad had a joke that went something like this: There was a preacher who would write in the margin of his sermon WEAK POINT, YELL LOUD. Or to this topic, weak point and add an insult? Please keep it up though because we do need some comic relief from this Putrid and Disgusting Excuse for a President that we are cursed to have in office.

At some point, it no longer has anything to do with rational argument. You can't argue with "Basic statism. You suck." All you can do is probe for weak points and then use them to wound.

Repeatedly being called a fascist or a communist because I have strong progressive views is as insulting to me as anything I've ever posted is to anyone else. It's so ridiculous and absurd that there is no rational argument you can make against it. And it happens over-and-over-and-over again. His intent is to solely provoke not to make a reasoned argument. To attempt reasoned argument in response is foolish.

48Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/30/2017, 2:26 am

RealLindaL

del.capslock wrote:His intent is to solely provoke not to make a reasoned argument.

But it's not solely to provoke, I don't believe.  Don't discount also the strong need some have to assert their superiority even when it's all nothing but one big web of self-delusional talking points.

49Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/30/2017, 3:17 am

del.capslock

del.capslock

RealLindaL wrote:
del.capslock wrote:His intent is to solely provoke not to make a reasoned argument.

But it's not solely to provoke, I don't believe.  Don't discount also the strong need some have to assert their superiority even when it's all nothing but one big web of self-delusional talking points.

Good point, that might very well be part of it. Masking insecurity or inferiority might be a component as well. It's probably more complicated than just provocation.

50Trump's Lies - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump's Lies 6/30/2017, 10:28 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

del.capslock wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Good point, that might very well be part of it. Masking insecurity or inferiority  might be a component as well. It's probably more complicated than just provocation.

Add to all this is the reality that we all have our own silo of information from which we are making our arguments. I go back once again to the old "Garbage in, Garbage out" model. To people who value objective reality it is, as you rightly point out, useless to argue against ignorance. It is enough to set your hair on fire.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum