Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another reason not to vote.....

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Another reason not to vote..... Empty Another reason not to vote..... 10/7/2012, 1:09 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Butler Shaffer
lewrockwell.com
October 7, 2012
To the collection of quotations that have been blogged herein about
not participating in voting for the warden of your penitentiary, let me
add the following:

From H.L. Mencken: “Tomorrow the dirty job. I shall be on my knees
all night, praying for strength to vote for Gamaliel [Harding]. What ass
first loosed the doctrine that the suffrage is a high boon and voting a
noble privilege?”

And this, from Henry Miller: “If someone asks you to vote for him at
the next election, ask him, I beg you, what he can do for you that you
cannot do yourself. Ask him whom he is voting for. If he tells
you the truth, then go to the polls and vote for yourself. . . . Does
the man who asks for your vote find you your job, does he provide your
family with food and shelter, does he put clothes on your back, does he
provide the education you need . . . does he even bother to see that you
get a decent burial? The only time he is concerned about you is when
you can make money for him. No matter how little you make he wants part
of it. . . . From childhood you were taught that it is right and just to
delegate your powers to someone else. You never questioned it because
everything you are taught in school has one purpose: the glorification
of your country. Somehow, though it is your country,
you seem to have no part in it
until the time comes to surrender your life.”

And if these words do not suffice, consider those offered by an
anonymous elderly woman who said: “I never vote: it only encourages
them!”

I have to vote Teo.

I have no choice but to vote for the lesser of two evils.

Im sorry. My burden is too much.

If it makes you feel any better, My veteran son will be writing in ron paul. He has time for a revolution.

I only have time to work and pay the bills so they all can have a revolution. I am the silent rock playing my part.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Oh I will join your son ...Ron Paul all the way if nothing more than a spit in the wind.

Voting for the lesser of two evils is still evil...

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

We have no choice but to vote.

Somehow it makes it seem like we have a voice........haha.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Oh I will join your son ...Ron Paul all the way if nothing more than a spit in the wind.

I know.

I should sacrafice more.

I dont know what else to do to sacrafice more.

I wish I was the same Chrissy who was a warrior, I'm not.

My burden is too heavy and I dont look to the gov to fix me, I look to a hope of less gov to fix it all.

another 4 years of obama will kill this country once and for all.

even if it doesnt completly, it will take more than my lifetime to fix it.

I dont have that time to wait, and if I choose the route to allow him another 4 years to ruin us completly, and suffer it out. I will watch my family go to ruins as I am now.

I will probaly loose anyway.

weve gone to far down the rabbit hole and I dont have much faith anymore in pretty much nothin.

Rogue wrote:I have to vote Teo.

If it makes you feel any better, My veteran son will be writing in ron paul. He has time for a revolution.

I only have time to work and pay the bills so they all can have a revolution. I am the silent rock playing my part.

I have voted for RP in his previous runs for the Presidency and will be doing so again next month with your son and many other veterans and service men and women.

I believe very strongly that this country needs a President of his intelligence, experience, breadth and depth of knowledge of the issues, and I do not have it in my heart to vote for the lesser of two evils. That being said -- as I have often stated on this and other forums -- I respect the opinions and convictions of my friends and neighbors. We ALL must vote what is in our hearts.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Oh I will join your son ...Ron Paul all the way if nothing more than a spit in the wind.

Amen to that, my friend.

riceme wrote:
Rogue wrote:I have to vote Teo.

I have voted for RP in his previous runs for the Presidency and will be doing so again next month with your son and many other veterans and service men and women.

I believe very strongly that this country needs a President of his intelligence, experience, breadth and depth of knowledge of the issues, and I do not have it in my heart to vote for the lesser of two evils. That being said -- as I have often stated on this and other forums -- I respect the opinions and convictions of my friends and neighbors. We ALL must vote what is in our hearts.

I know riceme, I dont hold it against you or Teo.

I agree with you both on it. I am just being honest to explain why I cant.

I wish I was strong enough to give in.

But I feel strongly that it may give republicans a big lesson, but part of me says it will ruin the republicans and I know it takes both sides to keep us in balance.

I cant do it sugar. please dont hate me because of it.

Rogue wrote:

I know riceme, I dont hold it against you or Teo.

I agree with you both on it. I am just being honest to explain why I cant.

I wish I was strong enough to give in.

But I feel strongly that it may give republicans a big lesson, but part of me says it will ruin the republicans and I know it takes both sides to keep us in balance.

I cant do it sugar. please dont hate me because of it.

Oh gosh Chrissy, I'd never hold it against you or anyone else. Nearly all of my family is voting for Romney, exceptions being my USMC veteran brother who is also voting for RP and my Green Party sister who is voting for Obama. I hold nothing against anyone... As I said above, we must all vote what is in our hearts.

no stress

no stress

A vote for anybody other than Romney is a vote for Obama plain and simple. Those other guys dont have a piss ants chance in hell of winning but by all means vote the way you want to.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Gunz wrote:A vote for anybody other than Romney is a vote for Obama plain and simple. Those other guys dont have a piss ants chance in hell of winning but by all means vote the way you want to.

Gunz a vote for Romney is a vote for Fascism clear and simple....We are already firmly in a Fascist state...I would just like to slow it down a little...Emperor Obama is just clumsy enough to do that...

Remember what the Neocon's totalitarian god Stalin said...it's not who votes that counts, it is who counts the votes.

Gunz wrote:A vote for anybody other than Romney is a vote for Obama plain and simple. Those other guys dont have a piss ants chance in hell of winning but by all means vote the way you want to.

They may well not have a piss in hell's chance of winning -- I acknowledge that, Gunz -- but I have to vote for whom and what I believe in. I wish you could understand or respect that.

I struggled this presidential election year more than any other with my conviction to vote for whom and what I believe in precisely because of my fear that Obama may be re-elected, but I simply cannot vote for a man whom I do not believe in.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Gunz a vote for Romney is a vote for Fascism clear and simple....We are already firmly in a Fascist state...I would just like to slow it down a little...Emperor Obama is just clumsy enough to do that...

Remember what the Neocon's totalitarian god Stalin said...it's not who votes that counts, it is who counts the votes.

obama is closer to anything weve had that could resemble stalin.

Cult of personality

Main article: Stalin's cult of personality

Stalin created a cult of personality in the Soviet Union around both himself and Lenin. Many personality cults in history have been frequently measured and compared to his. Numerous towns, villages and cities were renamed after the Soviet leader (see List of places named after Stalin) and the Stalin Prize and Stalin Peace Prize were named in his honor. He accepted grandiloquent titles (e.g., "Coryphaeus of Science," "Father of Nations," "Brilliant Genius of Humanity," "Great Architect of Communism," "Gardener of Human Happiness," and others), and helped rewrite Soviet history to provide himself a more significant role in the revolution of 1917. At the same time, according to Nikita Khrushchev, he insisted that he be remembered for "the extraordinary modesty characteristic of truly great people." Statues of Stalin depict him at a height and build approximating the very tall Tsar Alexander III, while photographic evidence suggests he was between 5 ft 5 in and 5 ft 6 in (165–168 cm).[26]

I wont argue with you over it, just know. I am RIGHT about it.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Stalin ...Obama...LOL...now that's funny. Obama is a joke a very bad joke as a leader but Mittens on the other hand has experience as a corporate vulture. Him and his cronies would finish us off like a Thanksgiving Turkey in no time flat.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Stalin ...Obama...LOL...now that's funny. Obama is a joke a very bad joke as a leader but Mittens on the other hand has experience as a corporate vulture. Him and his cronies would finish us off like a Thanksgiving Turkey in no time flat.

Not my fault your bias and blind

Stalin vastly increased the scope and power of the state's secret police and intelligence agencies. Under his guiding hand, Soviet intelligence forces began to set up intelligence networks in most of the major nations of the world, including Germany (the famous Rote Kappelle spy ring), Great Britain, France, Japan, and the United States. Stalin made considerable use of the Communist International movement in order to infiltrate agents and to ensure that foreign Communist parties remained pro-Soviet and pro-Stalin.

One of the best examples of Stalin's ability to integrate secret police and foreign espionage came in 1940, when he gave approval to the secret police to have Leon Trotsky assassinated in Mexico
____________-

NDAA “disappear” them

New Bill Authorizes Rendition of American Citizens Living within the United States to Other Countries for Torture →

Top Legal Expert: “President Obama … Says That He Can Kill [Any American Citizen Without Any Charge and] On His Own Discretion. He Can Jail You Indefinitely On His Own Discretion”

Posted on December 21, 2011 by WashingtonsBlog

Government Says It Can Assassinate or Indefinitely Detain Americans on American Soil Without Any Due Process of Law

I’ve previously noted that Obama says that he can assassinate American citizens living on U.S. soil.

This admittedly sounds over-the-top. But one of the nation’s top constitutional and military law experts – Jonathan Turley – agrees.

no stress

no stress

riceme wrote:

They may well not have a piss in hell's chance of winning -- I acknowledge that, Gunz -- but I have to vote for whom and what I believe in. I wish you could understand or respect that.

I struggled this presidential election year more than any other with my conviction to vote for whom and what I believe in precisely because of my fear that Obama may be re-elected, but I simply cannot vote for a man whom I do not believe in.

I respect your voting the way you want rice. I'm just putting it out there that Dr. Paul, good ideas and all , will not even be rated an also ran when the votes are tallied. Also, I was under the assumption that we all vote for the betterment of the country and not to be able to sleep at night.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Gunz wrote:[quote= the betterment of the country and not to be able to sleep at night.

LOL...it ain't gonna happen with anyone on the ballot...sad cruel joke is all that voting is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum