Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

congressional race in Georgia....polls close

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Should be interesting. I doubt there will be much success for the Democrats, but it may be a huge symbol of changing sentiment, or it may be a confirmation of the status quo.....we shall see.

knothead

knothead

Agree Mr. Oats, it will undoubtedly be close but I am hopeful . . . . . the metrics favor the Dem so yes we shall see.

del.capslock

del.capslock

2seaoat wrote:Should be interesting.  I doubt there will be much success for the Democrats,

Right now, at 10:59pm Central, he's at 48.6%. The next closest Republican candidate is at ~18.something %.

"I doubt there will be much success for the Democrats"

Oh, yeah, you called that one.

You nailed it, dude!

Well, it was Gingrich's old seat. It's a lock for the Republicans.

Got any tips on the market, sparky? I need to know which stocks to short.

What a sham your opinions are.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

Telstar

Telstar

Georgia special election goes to runoff as GOP gets wakeup call

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/18/politics/georgia-house-6th-special-election-jon-ossoff/index.html?adkey=bn

Telstar

Telstar

In her speech,18% republiklan Handel cracked wise about kicking a little Ossoff in June. In return the Dems can respond that it is fitting that the Grabber-In-Chief has his own Handel in Georgia. Laughing

2seaoat

You nailed it, dude!

Hard to fix stupid. The only chance of winning the seat was to get over 50%. In a run off election the Democrats will be slaughtered in June, You keep opening your mouth to confirm you know nothing about the subject at hand...........elections are not horseshoes or grenades, but in your world losing sends a message.

del.capslock

del.capslock

2seaoat wrote:You nailed it, dude!

Hard to fix stupid.  The only chance of winning the seat was to get over 50%.  In a run off election the Democrats will be slaughtered in June,  You keep opening your mouth to confirm you know nothing about the subject at hand...........elections are not horseshoes or grenades, but in your world losing sends a message.

What a remarkable grasp of the obvious. How nice for you.

ul·tra·crep·i·dar·i·an

ˌəltrəkrepəˈderēən/

adjective

expressing opinions on matters outside the scope of one's knowledge or expertise.
"“Dad, how do we know the universe is expanding?” inquires your six-year-old. Try answering that without resorting to an ultracrepidarian trick here or there"

noun

a person who expresses opinions on matters outside the scope of their knowledge or expertise.
"most patients are ultracrepidarians when it comes to medicine"
View user profile

2seaoat

You stepped in it. I simply called it what it was. Your inability to understand that the only path to victory was a higher than 50% runoff vote. You still are unable to comprehend the obvious that in a one on one election the turnout will be higher and the Republicans will win. In regard to my higher level of intelligence intimidating you, sorry bud......nobody can fix stupid. Losing is not winning. Up is not down. Just because I understand things which most would agree is common knowledge, does not intimidate most who have common knowledge. You still do not understand this thread. Nothing new here.

del.capslock

del.capslock

2seaoat wrote: Just because I understand things which most would agree is common knowledge, does not intimidate most who have common knowledge.    

Brilliant, just brilliant. The mind boggles.

2seaoat

The mind boggles.

Yes, your mind does. You are overwhelmed on the simple topics. Like not winning a runoff election is not a victory.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

congressional race in Georgia....polls close C9Y5ZFMVwAAVHme

Saw a video on FB of someone stuffing Ossoff signs into his trunk.

Also, "someone" stole voting machines out of the precinct manager's vehicle:

http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/318-66/43103-focus-voting-machines-stolen-ahead-of-georgia-special-election

oting machines were reported stolen a day before Georgia’s special congressional election, according to a new report.

The equipment was stolen last Saturday evening from a Cobb County precinct manager’s vehicle, WSB-TV said Monday. He did not immediately report the theft.

“It is unacceptable that the Cobb County Elections Office waited two days to notify my office of this theft,” Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp said in a statement.

“We have opened an investigation, and we are taking steps to ensure that it has no effect on the election tomorrow. I am confident that the results will not be compromised.”

WSB-TV said the four so-called ExpressPoll machines taken are computers poll workers use for checking in voters and checking off those who cast ballots.

Cobb County Elections Director Janine Eveler said information on the machines is “hard to access,” adding that they cannot be used to fraudulently vote in Tuesday’s election.

Eveler said Cobb County will replace the devices at its Piedmont Road precinct before voters cast their ballots.

Voters head to the polls Tuesday for a special election to fill the House seat vacated by Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price.

Price, a Republican, won reelection in 2016 in the conservative district by more than 20 points before joining the administration.

Democrats are casting the race as a referendum on President Trump and his administration’s policies, with the party hoping to turn the reliably red Georgia district blue this year.

Georgia is holding an all-party special election in which any candidate can win the seat outright by receiving more than 50 percent of the vote on Tuesday.

If no candidate reaches that threshold, there will be a runoff between the top two finishers in June.

Jon Ossoff is the clear Democratic favorite in Georgia, with some experts believing Tuesday is his best chance at winning should voters fail to coalesce around one Republican in a crowded field.

And Trump can't keep his tiny twitter paws under control...plus he's been robocalling.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-ossoff-tweets-georgia

Trump Goes All In On Georgia Special Election With Robocall, Fiery Tweets

As Tuesday’s special election to fill an open House seat in Georgia drew closer, President Donald Trump upped his attacks on Jon Ossoff, the Democratic candidate leading the race.

The President recorded a robocall for the Republican National Committee urging Republican voters to get out to the polls on Tuesday, but did not endorse a specific Republican candidate.

“Liberal democrats from outside of Georgia are spending millions and millions of dollars trying to take your Republican congressional seat away from you. Don’t let them do it,” Trump said on the call, according to The Hill. “Only you can stop the super-liberal Democrats and Nancy Pelosi’s group, and in particular Jon Ossoff. If you don’t vote tomorrow, Ossoff will raise your taxes, destroy your healthcare, and flood our country with illegal immigrants.”

Trump’s robocall came as he fired off several tweets about the race to fill the House seat vacated by Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price.

Late Monday night, Trump said that a runoff would count as a victory for the GOP, given the crowded Republican field. (Tuesday’s race will function as a jungle primary, with candidates from all parties competing against each other, and if no candidate clears 50 percent, the top two will head to a June runoff.)

Follow
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
With eleven Republican candidates running in Georgia (on Tuesday) for Congress, a runoff will be a win. Vote "R" for lower taxes & safety!
9:18 PM - 17 Apr 2017
13,096 13,096 Retweets 56,262 56,262 likes

Trump followed up Tuesday morning and singled out Ossoff.

Follow
Democrat Jon Ossoff would be a disaster in Congress. VERY weak on crime and illegal immigration, bad for jobs and wants higher taxes. Say NO
5:38 AM - 18 Apr 2017
13,470 13,470 Retweets 50,138 50,138 likes
Follow

Republicans must get out today and VOTE in Georgia 6. Force runoff and easy win! Dem Ossoff will raise your taxes-very bad on crime & 2nd A.
5:46 AM - 18 Apr 2017
15,410 15,410 Retweets 56,128 56,128 likes

During a Monday night interview on MSNBC, Ossoff offered a mild criticism of Trump.

“It was one of the most divisive and destructive presidential races in U.S. history and I think that many have been hoping that the president will heal some of those wounds, show good faith and a more inclusive approach to governance,” Ossoff told MSNBC’s Chris Matthews when first asked about Trump. “So far, I don’t think that he’s allayed those concerns among those who believe that that divisive approach to government is not right for the United States.”

Asked again to describe Trump, Ossoff said, “I have great respect for the office. I don’t have great personal admiration for the man himself.”

When asked yet again, Ossoff said he does not know Trump personally but that he would be willing to work with the President on an infrastructure package.

Ossoff has been leading the crowded field by a wide margin, but polls show him falling short of the 50 percent needed to avoid a runoff. Democrats have been hopeful from the outset that they can use anti-Trump energy to flip the ruby-red district Democratic, especially given that Trump only won the district by one point in November.

So, you're probably right, Seaoat. Sad that R's have to cheat to win elections.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum